Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Old 03-12-15, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 435 Likes on 304 Posts
Re: Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

So, how hard is this game gonna be? Like a typical Souls game, harder, easier? Will it have an adjustable difficulty slider?
Old 03-12-15, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nobody here knows the answer to that question until we play it. But you can put your money on it NOT having a difficulty slider.
Old 03-12-15, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts

Bloodborne Gone Gold Event....check the large statue and PS4 skin....

https://twitter.com/That_Kid_Chris/s...298560/photo/1
Old 03-12-15, 01:56 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
So, how hard is this game gonna be? Like a typical Souls game, harder, easier? Will it have an adjustable difficulty slider?
Honestly I am always seeing people avoid Souls games because of the difficulty, but the difficulty is different than most games. It is hard but not in a way that feels hard. (I know that does not make sense) It is hard in a way that punishes you for rushing or not thinking things out. Most encounters reward you when you figure a way out of them. (and if you really need to you can always find tips on how to beat a boss or situation online, and once you know what to do it can actually be easy...though discovering them on your own is part of the fun...if not actually all of the fun)

You don't need to have perfect hand eye coordination or have insane natural talent to beat a souls game. There are a lot of games that do require practice and skill to beat, but I feel that anyone who takes their time with souls can end up beating them.

The atmosphere, and overall sense of everything wanting to kill you is simply amazing.

I say buy Bloodborne if the reviews are anything like "Just as good as any souls" because if you spend enough time with them they really are almost like an awakening when you finally "get" it.
Old 03-12-15, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 235 Likes on 171 Posts

Dark Souls wasn't hard. It just doesn't cater to the impatient gamer.
Old 03-12-15, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier

Dark Souls wasn't hard. It just doesn't cater to the impatient gamer.
I'm so far behind on my backlog that I still haven't beat Demon Souls. lol
Old 03-12-15, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
Honestly I am always seeing people avoid Souls games because of the difficulty, but the difficulty is different than most games. It is hard but not in a way that feels hard. (I know that does not make sense) It is hard in a way that punishes you for rushing or not thinking things out. Most encounters reward you when you figure a way out of them. (and if you really need to you can always find tips on how to beat a boss or situation online, and once you know what to do it can actually be easy...though discovering them on your own is part of the fun...if not actually all of the fun)

But Bloodborne is different. The devs have said you can't take things slow this time. They want you to get in and get aggressive. If you play like the Souls game you'll be destroyed.
Old 03-12-15, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 435 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
But Bloodborne is different. The devs have said you can't take things slow this time. They want you to get in and get aggressive. If you play like the Souls game you'll be destroyed.
Ooh, really? I think I might like that - I enjoyed Dark Souls (only one I've played), but I would like it more if it were not as slow and more aggressive.
Old 03-13-15, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mhg83
Originally Posted by slop101
Ooh, really? I think I might like that - I enjoyed Dark Souls (only one I've played), but I would like it more if it were not as slow and more aggressive.
Seems to be the case. This might be something I rent just to see if the combat is enjoyable. I get a proper next gen Castlevania vibe, and that's a very good thing.

Launch trailer with snips of said combat (remember to click 1080p):

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RKptPGvUhfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-13-15, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

that's a sick trailer there and some more bosses being shown...the one with three large ones was new to me. And You've got a Electric and fire one in the mix as well. The bit from The Edge about "40 hours and didn't finish it" raised an eyebrow and I can just see co-op in this thing being a blast even though the spaces are slightly constrained to me.

I'm going to be around a Best Buy today and was going in to get the new Gamers Club Pass since it's being reduced to $30.00 from $100.00. I might end up doing the pre-order on this one after all. I'd just like to try something a bit different atmosphere wise.
Old 03-13-15, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bloodborne's Dark Souls-Like Co-Op System Outlined

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/...ystem-outlined

Details of Bloodborne's player versus player and co-op play systems have emerged. Bearing mechanical similarities to Dark Souls, the online details have been translated from the Japanese PlayStation website.

Co-op play in Sony's upcoming PS4 action-rpg will be reminiscent of Dark Souls. The "host" will ring a bell which will then call in up to two allies who can then assist the host as a "guest."

Guests are banished if either the host dies, they're killed themselves, or the host uses an item to banish them. Completing an area's objective will also banish guests. For players who would rather not take their chances with a stranger, a passcode can be set up to limit guests to just friends.

As far as PvP is concerned, certain areas of the game have an NPC known as "the woman" who will ring the bell, summoning invaders. Invaders who kill the host will be rewarded, and when "the woman" is in an area, players are subject to invasion. Similar to co-op, invaders are banished when the host dies or if the host uses an item to banish guests. Invaders are also banished when the host enters a boss room.

Phantoms of other players will populate the game space, showing where and how other players were killed, as well as showing the paths they took. There are two types of chalice dungeons: standard and generated. Generated dungeons are downloaded from the server and can only be accessed by during online play. Both types allow for co-op.
Old 03-13-15, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

I was hoping BB would do the $10 GC for pre-ordering this, but no dice. I still might pre-order for in store pick up.
Old 03-13-15, 11:50 AM

It's kind of funny how a lot of the articles written about Bloodborne constantly reference Dark Souls, as if Demon's Souls didn't do everything in this series first.

It's interesting how From is going to allow more accessibility to allow actual friends to have the ability to join your specific world now. No more synching up soul levels, finding that out of the way, hidden spot in the world to put your summon crystal down, it seems!
Old 03-13-15, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I went ahead and did the pre-order at Best Buy when I got the Gamers Club Pass. The 20% off alone will help along with any trade ins.

I just kept looking at the game and all the trailers and I just believe this will be a fun one to get into. Now to find some co-op friends willing to accept The Bell and do some side-by-side slash & hack.
Old 03-16-15, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty good article and perspective from someone who played Dark Souls a lot.....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ord-and-shield

Bloodborne's combat convinced me I don't need a sword and shield any more
Impressions from the first hour of From Software's PS4 exclusive

....and another good one also....

Bloodborne Hands-On Preview: Ouch… I Got My Butt Kicked… A Lot

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/03/...-kicked-a-lot/

Last edited by K&AJones; 03-16-15 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-16-15, 11:33 PM

There were a few users streaming full game play tonight, via Twitch. I have only looked at a few videos, so as not to spoil everything, but damn, hearing it, it sounds just like Demon's Souls (and the Dark Souls games after). The weapon clanging, the enemy groans, they all have a familiar ring.

Just from about 10 to 15 minutes of viewing, anyone who has doubts that Bloodborne is straying too far from a Souls game, or "appealing to casuals", that's not happening here. Miyazaki knows his player base, and what they want.

Hello, March 24th, get your ass here already.
Old 03-19-15, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Watch at your own discretion if you care since it might spoil any surprises you might want to save. But nearly a 7+ minute battle with the Third Boss....just WOW....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WbH4GpMMMdQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And in case you missed it and want (or don't want) to see the battle with the Second boss here it is. Just looking at the environment and the blood soaked coat you're wearing...just WOW again...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YJEsZi0kbRI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by K&AJones; 03-19-15 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-19-15, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 164 Posts

This game remind me of old PS1 game called Nightmare Creatures. I enjoyed the game the control was kind of hard to get used to.
Old 03-19-15, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,007 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by dom56
This game remind me of old PS1 game called Nightmare Creatures. I enjoyed the game the control was kind of hard to get used to.
It's basically Nightmare Creatures with a greater-than-5-foot draw distance.
Old 03-19-15, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

That second boss looks like a bitch and is a bit unfair. There doesn't seem to be any way to dodge his attacks and the guy died despite using a ton of potions.
Old 03-19-15, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts

I don't see this as being my type of game, but I hope it does well and is well-received. Looks well polished and technically impressive.
Maybe I'll eventually rent it.
Old 03-19-15, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New 90 second commercial/advertisement......WOW again.....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2Crk_GpxGQE?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-19-15, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have been telling myself that I would wait and play Demon's Souls and the PS4 version of Dark Souls 2 before jumping into this, but now that it is nearly upon us the reality is there is no way I will be able to hold out.
Old 03-19-15, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 736 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I have been telling myself that I would wait and play Demon's Souls and the PS4 version of Dark Souls 2 before jumping into this, but now that it is nearly upon us the reality is there is no way I will be able to hold out.
No Dark Souls 1?
Old 03-19-15, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, I played through that one already just recently. Best game I have ever played.

Last edited by Maxflier; 03-19-15 at 03:25 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.