Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-15, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Swung by during lunch and picked up the last copy at the store. Look forward to checking it out soon
Old 10-11-15, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
I kind of understand the complaints on the game not being "distinctive" enough from zone to zone, at least compared to earlier titles, but honestly it worked for me here. The game world is just brilliantly realized.
Yeah, I wasn't trying to slight them for being lazy with the design or anything. More the opposite; the areas are packed with so much detail and will branch off into other huge areas (many of which are actually optional) it can be a lot to take in on the first playthrough. Of course, being the Souls junkie I am, I did damn near everything, going far off the beaten path at every turn. So it's more my fault.

That's what I love most about these games. There are places like Cainhurst Castle, which is entirely optional and hidden to the point where one could miss it even after several plays, and it's probably the coolest area in the game.
Old 10-11-15, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

^ Yeah, if Bloodborne were released in a pre-internet era, it would be like a damn Rubik's cube for me.

Even without looking things up, you still come across things like "Upper Cathedral Ward Bosses" and "Cainhurst Castle" which means you should probably look for em even if you can miss them entirely.
Old 10-13-15, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well shit, perfect timing

Bloodborne GOTY edition coming Nov 27th
Old 10-13-15, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Yea...just kills me I just need her to complete that area. I've lost to her at least 22-24 times and about 7-8 of those I was a sliver away from killing her. I was using the Ludwig. I think that's what drove me away.
Ebrietas was one of the few bosses I had a terrible, terrible time beating. I think I finally got through it by practicing it a bunch of times, and then using the old hunter bone and fire (or magic) boost to my weapon (whichever she was vulnerable to, I forget).

The key to dodging the charge attack is waiting a bit - dodging too early is what gets you flattened.
Old 10-14-15, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Shouldn't you be named "Game of the Year" by someone, anyone, before releasing a GoTY edition?

I say that because the game was released what, 7 months ago? And we're still in the same year... Though there is a 99% chance it'll be my GOTY.
Old 10-14-15, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

As great as this game is, its not gonna be GOTY. Way too much competition this year.

I have not played this game in a few months now and am scared going back to it. The difficulty curve was pretty high going in and when i quit i had become quite proficient. Now.....well i am sure i am back to square one. This is what happens when The Witcher, Mad Max and MGS come into your life. I actually doubt i will get back to Bloodborne until 2016 now. By the time i finish everything up with MGS i will have Black Ops III, Fall Out 4, SW Battlefront and most time consuming of all....Just Cause 3 to handle. Those are gonna suck up a lot of my life.
Old 10-15-15, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
As great as this game is, its not gonna be GOTY. Way too much competition this year.

I have not played this game in a few months now and am scared going back to it. The difficulty curve was pretty high going in and when i quit i had become quite proficient. Now.....well i am sure i am back to square one.
This is EXACTLY what happened to me. I think I'm maybe 75% done but have been away for a few months. I would really like to finish it before Fallout 4, because then the odds of me ever picking it up again shrink dramatically...
Old 10-15-15, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I think its better to leave it for a rainy day when all other games on the horizon have been played to death. I have gotten into a groove in each of the games i have played since putting this down and i think going back to the pacing of this game would piss me off more than get me back into it. Its a superb game, but the gamer really has to be in a mindset to put significant time into it.
Old 10-15-15, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I actually quit playing MGS V and went back for another round on Bloodborne

The game kind of runs long around the Forbidden Woods for some reason, but then picks back up. I mostly like the level but it doesn't really fit the game very well.
Old 10-15-15, 12:26 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bloodborne is MY game of the year...the only two games left that have a chance are Fallout 4 (good chance) and Just Cause 3 (slim chance)
Old 10-15-15, 12:29 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Well shit, perfect timing

Bloodborne GOTY edition coming Nov 27th
Better be 39.99..or you are better off getting bloodborne when it is 19.99 or less (which it already has been) and add the dlc.
Old 10-15-15, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Is it on sale in the Playstation Store or was that last week? I do recall seeing the $19.99 somewhere which is totally unheard of.....heck of a game and probably my choice as well though I have had a great time with Dying Light.
Old 10-24-15, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here’s How You’ll Access The Old Hunters Expansion in Bloodborne

In a new Q&A on PlayStation Japan, they explain how to access The Old Hunters

Once you reach a certain point in Bloodborne, the item, “Eye of a Blood-drunk Hunter” appears in the Hunter’s Dream. Once you have acquired this item, you will be able to access the newly added areas in the expansion

If you’ve already cleared Bloodborne, you can use the save data from that game to play The Old Hunters. Additionally, “If you are replaying the game and progress to a certain point, you will be able to access the newly added areas in the expansion once you acquire the Eye of a Blood-drunk Hunter.”

As for online interaction, all players will still be able to interact in the areas from the original game, while “interaction in the expansion’s additional areas will only be possible among players who have the expansion installed.”

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...ers-expansion/
Old 10-24-15, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old Hunters needs to hurry the hell up.
Old 10-28-15, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

From the Paris Game Show a new trailer......

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qmp49aDO3AQ?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-05-15, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well this is cool and interesting.....

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...p-npc-hunters/

Bloodborne Update This Month Will Add The League, Additional Co-Op NPC Hunters

Likely arriving around the same time as The Old Hunters expansion on November 24, a new Bloodborne update for all players will add new features, including The League, additional co-op NPC hunters, and more.

The League is a band of Hunters who have taken an oath and are bound by a single purpose. By aligning yourself to The League, led by a mysterious figure in a constable’s garb and bucket helmet, you can assist other players online in the game and compete in The League’s online rankings leaderboard.

You’ll also be able to use The League cane to summon co-op NPCs within the game, who can help you defeat bosses and clear challenging areas
Old 11-21-15, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

Jesus this new hunter in Forbidden Woods is insanely fast. I had two summoners to help me and it was not easy. His axe are a pain and he can sometime summon a worm creature from the ground if you are not careful. We finally beat him and I got the Madara's Whistle which I read is a good bloodtinge tool. Good to know cause I started making a bloodtinge build.
Old 11-23-15, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I pre-order the dlc a few days ago and it say it will installed at 9pm. Can't wait to played.
Old 11-23-15, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gamespot has a review of this up.... 9 of 10

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/bloo.../1900-6416316/

This pretty much sums up everything....

For as disturbing and depressing as Yharnam is in Bloodborne, it felt like the dark city still had a chance at redemption. The version of this city in The Old Hunters is beyond salvation

Pushsquare has their review as well.....9 of 10

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps...he_old_hunters

Conclusion...
Bloodborne: The Old Hunters is much more of the same from what is already an outstanding game. The new environments and boss encounters add hours to the main experience, but it's the deluge of additional equipment that will keep veterans most occupied. If you've been yearning for a reason to return to Yharnam, then this DLC practically demands your Blood Echoes. Just remember that the life of a hunter is defined by death – and you're going to die a lot.

Last edited by K&AJones; 11-23-15 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-24-15, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got 4 new weapons and 2 firearms including the gatling gun. Got old hunters garbs and some constable garbs and I haven't even fought the first boss yet. Loving it.
Old 11-24-15, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My friend and I both got Bloodborne at launch and did several parts of the game in co-op. She asked if I got the new DLC yet and I said no....why?....I said why pay for more pain, frustration & misery than before....I'll still get it but I'm half scared as to what I'll find.

How is the co-op part now as far as friends getting in and those stupid "Invaders" who always showed up at the worst possible time.
Old 11-24-15, 01:05 PM

Cant wait to get and play this after work today, looks amazing and so many new weapons and gear sets.
Old 11-24-15, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm anxious to try this but I feel if I don't finish Fallout 4 first I never will.
Old 11-24-15, 01:32 PM

Been playing it for a few hours. Some of these enemies really hit hard, but I'm in NG+ at "soul level" 110, so I could be a tad underleveled. Found a boss that wrecked me fairly quickly, but there's another path available that I'll probably explore first.

I just want to find the Bow Blade thing.

Edit: Ok, so I spent pretty much the entire day playing it. That first boss... I put in more attempts to win that fight than any other "Souls" boss to date, I think. Even though this content can be accessed pretty early in a playthrough, I'd recommend waiting until you've reached the mid point or late game areas. It's rough. Some of the new bosses are pretty great, possibly better than a lot of the main game ones. Level design is top notch as well, with one particular area having some incredibly intense atmosphere; the kind or survival horror feeling where you're hesitant to press forward in fear of what's making that sound.

Overall, great addition to an already incredible game.

Last edited by Poink; 11-25-15 at 07:01 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.