Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

What are you playing? (April 2024)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-24, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
What are you playing? (April 2024)

Spoiler:

Remind me not to autospoilers ever again.

I'm six missions away from finishing Midnight Suns. I'm doing a
Spoiler:
Light

playthrough and want to eventually do a
Spoiler:
Dark

playthrough and maximize all friendships, explore the grounds, etc. But I just want to finish the story once first straight to the end. I was having so much fun I played 9 hours before I decided to do the first story mission.

Ignore everything in the spoiler I can't make it disappear so I'll be using manual tags.

I'm six missions away from finishing Midnight Suns. I did a
Spoiler:
light
play though and I want to do a
Spoiler:
dark

​​​​​​

Then I want to finish Alone in the Dark and then I want to finish The Thaumaturge. I want to finish all the Story games. I'm doing. In two weeks Disney Speedstorm has a new season coming and those always come in heavy with stuff to do, so hopefelly I can wrap up the story games by then. I should be able to finish MS this week and Alone in the Dark next week and in The Thaumaturge I did like an intro mission so there's not much story to memorize yet so that could go on hold. I don't want to start any story games for a while, MS has so much to do I want to savor it for a while. I really love that game (all three story games are great).

Last edited by GatorDeb; 04-05-24 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-05-24, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts
Re: What are you playing? (April 2024)

I'll probably have this finished in the next week or so. I made it a point to get all of the achievements in Fallen Order, but I don't think I'm going to be a completionist this time around. I'm really enjoying Survivor, but it's not inspiring that "must do everything!" urge that other games often do.

After this...who knows? I might finally fire up Persona 5 Royal, which I bought and never played on the PS4, and I've been sitting on the PS5 version (still sealed!) for a year and a half. I've been too intimidated by the length to start, but maybe this'll be my moment...leaving me backlog-free for the first time in several years! Barring that, it'll be something on sale between now and the end of the month, or maybe I'll grab Stellar Blade if I have a good time with the demo (which I've downloaded but haven't started yet).
Old 04-05-24, 11:33 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

Old 04-05-24, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

MediEvil - PS4 version
Old 04-06-24, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finished main story of Marvel's Midnight Suns and got New Game +. I'll stop it now even though I'm nowhere close to 100% which I want to. Too bad I got it at Epic and not Steam, better achievements. I want to focus on Alone in the Dark now and finish that story, thankfully it's short, just to wrap loose ends with story games. I'm gonna wait on The Thaumaturge for now, I did an intro mission so I know a bit of the story but nothing really to forget, just basic premise. Disney Speedstorm is coming up with a new season in 8 days and that come in chockful of stuff. I still do my Disney Dreamlight dailies and still play Disney Sorcerer's Arena on my phone.

I don't know why the game wasn't a commercial success, it was such an awesome game. May have felt different if I paid $100 vs. $18, but I still think of all the $100 games out there, this was worth it. I don't even know what the NG+ is but I know there's harder missions and I haven't even fully finished all the DLC which is just redemption arcs for fallen heroes. Once Speedstorm slows down in a few weeks I will return to this now and then for 20 mins here 20 mins here. I did 9 hours of side missions before I even did the first story mission, the game was so good. Then towards the end I skipped all the side stuff and just wanted to finish to get the story. Just exploring the Abbey grounds will take tons of mine. I'm at 32.85 hours now so it took me like 23 hours just for the story. Highly recommended game.
Old 04-11-24, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Own and originally completed on XB1. Recently bought this version. Loved it then, still love it now.

Old 04-13-24, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 403 Posts

Now that I finally finished FFVII: Rebirth I'm moving on to Princess Peach: Showtime! (Switch) and Open Roads (PS5).
Old 04-14-24, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts

How’s open roads?
Old 04-14-24, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I started and finished Through Your Eyes today (like 3 bucks on Steam and I've become hooked on these story walking simulator games) and it just wrecked me and I've been depressed the whole day.

I have Open Roads downloaded from Gamepass but I need a week to recover from Through Your Eyes first.
Old 04-14-24, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Since the game starts on 4/9, I thought I might try to play in as close to real time as I can. And I just finished 4/14, so…errr, early days, but I’m on track! Hopefully that’ll make an intimidatingly long game easier to swallow.
Old 04-14-24, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

That's a cool idea actually.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (04-14-24)
Old 04-15-24, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
How’s open roads?
Haven't started it yet I'm playing Princess Peach first but I'll let you know.