Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Battlefield:hardline

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-15, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Battlefield:hardline

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
This may be the best Battlefield game since Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

The multiplayer is a blast and far exceeds what was made available in Battlefield 3 or 4.
For real? Dammit. I might have to get this.
Old 03-16-15, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

So, basically, skipping a year is better for a franchise than putting something out every year. Not only does it give the developers longer to make the game better, it lets the community of the multiplayer grow and get stronger for a longer period of time instead of moving on to the next installment before it's reached it's potential.
Old 03-16-15, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
For real? Dammit. I might have to get this.
Remember, you can still preorder it online from BestBuy.com and pick it up in-store with GCU and a $10 RC on the back end. I just pre-ordered it this morning in case everyone likes it and the reviews are good. My XO didn't download it properly on Saturday and I forgot to check yesterday so I still haven't played it at all.
Old 03-16-15, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

This may be the best Battlefield game since Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

The multiplayer is a blast and far exceeds what was made available in Battlefield 3 or 4.
Nice! This is great to hear. Looking forward to playing it this week.
Old 03-16-15, 10:55 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

I haven't played the trial yet, but it's disappointing that it's only the Prologue and 1st chapter. When EA Access was announced, they touted "free trials of the FULL games for x hours" or whatever. I get why they'd limit it for this game, but I still had to download the full 45GB just to "try" it. Lame.

Anyway, if I enjoy the trial, I'll just keep the install on my HDD and wait for the full game to end up on EA Access. I have no inclination to play the MP at all, and I have enough of a backlog that I don't NEED to play the rest of the SP until it's free.
Old 03-16-15, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was having a hard time getting excited for this, but the streams I've been watching the last 2 days seem much better than the beta streams last month. I don't know why, maybe I'm just itching for a new game. So I figured what the hell and decided to pre-load it on PS4 from the online store. Should be ready to play at midnight.

I've pretty much loved every Battlefield game I've played (including 3 & 4), so I don't see why I wouldn't like this one too... other than the fact there's no tanks in it.
Old 03-16-15, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm surprised this is embargoed, especially since you can play a good chunk of it on EA access.
Old 03-16-15, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slop101
So, basically, skipping a year is better for a franchise than putting something out every year. Not only does it give the developers longer to make the game better, it lets the community of the multiplayer grow and get stronger for a longer period of time instead of moving on to the next installment before it's reached it's potential.
Or maybe just that Visceral Games is a better developer than DICE?

The multiplayer modes are more objective based and a lot more fun (especially Blood Money and Hotwire), but the vehicle controls are vastly improved. That alone puts it on another level.

I wish they'd get rid of the bullshit weapon grinding and have weapon unlocks a lot more accessible like the Call of Duty franchise, but that's a reason (amongst the many) why that franchise is the superior one.
Old 03-16-15, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

On Amazon the Digital Deluxe is $10 cheaper than the Digital Standard edition.
Old 03-16-15, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Or maybe just that Visceral Games is a better developer than DICE?
I was gonna reply the same thing in the morning, but stop myself in case anyone got upset.

But I'll see soon enough if its a good game ( my nephew is getting it). I hardly played Battlefield 4 so hopefully Hardline surprises me.
Old 03-17-15, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Pretty sure they got more time to work on it than Dice did, which goes to my point.

I'm hearing the graphics look worse than BF4, is that true?

I wouldn't call it one of the better looking current-gen games.

Screenshot comparisons between PC & PS4 versions.
Old 03-17-15, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

7 from Polygon.
http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/17/820...aystation-4-PC
Old 03-17-15, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lopper
Battlefield 3 scored 9/10
Battlefield 4 scored 8/10

In other words, review scores mean very little when it comes how "accepted" a game will be on these forums. Everyone has their own opinion of what makes a game good or bad, especially with this franchise.
Old 03-17-15, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

Looks like a 7 from Gamespot as well.
Old 03-17-15, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Pretty sure they got more time to work on it than Dice did, which goes to my point.

I'm hearing the graphics look worse than BF4, is that true?

I wouldn't call it one of the better looking current-gen games.

Screenshot comparisons between PC & PS4 versions.
Looks slightly less detailed on the PS4 and with slightly more noticeable jaggies. But the difference is only apparent in direct comparison.
Old 03-17-15, 05:23 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Battlefield Hardline Versatility Battlepack (PS4)

GGNP-5FNR-JGJ4

PlayStation®Plus and PlayStation®Store
Redemption Instructions

Open a Sony Network Entertainment account on PSN (or use your existing Sony Entertainment Network account).
Select the PlayStation®Store icon on the PS4™ system home screen.
On PlayStation®Store, select 'Redeem Codes' at the bottom of the menu.
Enter the code.
Once the code has been entered correctly, select 'Continue' on the dialog box.
Select 'Confirm' to accept the Trial Code Terms of Service.
Select 'Continue' to complete code redemption.

Please note that the code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.
Old 03-17-15, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Fun game, but wow, it looks like absolute dog shit. It's not just the ugliest game I've played on the PS4, and it doesn't just look worse than BF4, but it looks worse than a majority of FPS from late last gen on the PS3/360. Yeah, it plays well, but man, it's a huge step back in graphics.
Old 03-18-15, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Playing MP is extremely frustrating... it takes forever to get any $$ to level up.
Old 03-18-15, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
Playing MP is extremely frustrating... it takes forever to get any $$ to level up.
Not to mention, there are people that STILL dont know how to fly a helicopter in these games but continue to grab the only one the team has and crash it as soon as they take off. And of course I'm the unlucky idiot that spawns in it and dies less than a second later.

Its espescially frustrating in this game because helicopters can dominate the game. People that dont know how to use them are crippling their team by destroying it. There's hardly anything to shoot them down with. I don't know who's brilliant idea it was to completely eliminate rocket launchers from players loadouts, but the lack of anti-vehicle weapons is glaring weakness of this game.
Old 03-18-15, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I've noticed sporadic rocket launchers across the map though... so even though you can't load it, you can find about 5-6 per map (marked in white).

As you pointed out, the spawning is preposterous. I must have been killed 10 times yesterday by spawning in an unfortunate location and getting blasted in the back.
Old 03-18-15, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
I've noticed sporadic rocket launchers across the map though... so even though you can't load it, you can find about 5-6 per map (marked in white).
Most of those launcher pickups give you one rocket. I think the RPG gives you 2. Its a joke.

There is a vehicle perk you can buy that puts an RPG in the truck of every car you drive, but it costs $45,000 for the perk, and it only gives you 2 rounds, and you can't ever reload it from my experience with it so far. And if you switch to another weapon, it drops the RPG so you basically have to run around with a rocket launcher on your shoulder hoping the first enemy you come across is in a vehicle and not on foot. Not very practical at all.
Old 03-18-15, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you want an easy way to earn money, the best method I've found so far is to play Hotwire mode but play on a server that has as few people as possible (minimum is 4). When it starts, get in an objective vehicle (either as driver or passenger) and drive around the map. Its easy to rack up a ton of points when there's nobody on the server because you can drive for a long time and the $$ just keeps racking up while you're controlling the objective/car. Its boring as hell, but I can usually net close to $20,000 per round. I've seen people go 0-0 for the entire round and end up with 40,000+ points.
Old 03-18-15, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Fun game, but wow, it looks like absolute dog shit. It's not just the ugliest game I've played on the PS4, and it doesn't just look worse than BF4, but it looks worse than a majority of FPS from late last gen on the PS3/360. Yeah, it plays well, but man, it's a huge step back in graphics.
Dammit.
Old 03-18-15, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

I'm getting an XO version in the mail from GameFly. Looks like I'll be just playing that and cancelling the Best Buy PS4 pre-order. Doesn't look like this is a game I need to own.
Old 03-18-15, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

I don't see or have an issue with the graphics.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.