NHL 15 - Next-Gen Hockey

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NHL 15 - Next-Gen Hockey

Old 09-08-14, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Re: NHL 15 - Next-Gen Hockey

Wait, no Season mode? That's nuts.

Does "no Creation Zone" mean no create a player?

Sounds like I'm out.
Old 09-08-14, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 378 Likes on 282 Posts

I'll have fun playing it this year while you guys are waiting for the next one that may or may not have the same features.
Old 09-08-14, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts

NHL 15 on Xbox One and PS4 to be Updated With New Modes

NHL 15 on Xbox One and PS4 isn't quite as fully featured as its last-gen counterpart, as we've previously reported. But EA is planning to update the new-gen version of the game with further modes, although notable exclusion, EA Sports Hockey League, or EASHL, for short, will still be absent.

However, this month will see the addition of Playoff Mode for NHL 15 on Xbox One and PS4, as well as updates to Be A Pro, Hockey Ultimate Team and more, including the inclusion of 3 Stars of the Game and Online Team Play in October.

"We’re committed to keeping the experience fresh throughout the hockey season, in addition to the roster and ratings updates you’ve always received, the list below contains the free content updates for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 we’re working on and our expected window on when you will see them in the game," EA Sports' Community Manager writes on the EA Forums.

Here's a rundown of what's coming to NHL 15 on Xbox One and PS4 in the coming weeks:

September:

Playoff Mode - Create a custom offline tournament bracket with up to 16 teams from any of the 12 leagues in the game. Play or simulate each game and track player and team stats throughout the tournament.

Be A Pro - Coach Feedback - Get the coach’s feedback while you are on the bench. The coach will give you tips on how to stay on top of your game and grade you on your play.

3 Stars of the Game - At the end of the game, see the three stars and their high level stats. Will apply to every game mode.

Hockey Ultimate Team - Several content updates, including:

Changed layout and navigation in HUT store
New animations for player items
Improved edit lines screen to better identify players that are injured or require contract extensions

October:

Online Team Play - Online multiplayer mode where every player on the ice can be human controlled.

GM Draft - For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like real NHL GM’s. You will now only have 3 minutes to make a draft pick. If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the draft.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...New-Modes.html
Old 09-08-14, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll pay attention come the September 2015 update .... ie. NHL 16

this was a ridiculously stupid roll out of a product they had plenty of time to work on (and I don't even care about most of the stuff they left out)
not interested in this beta release disguised as finished product especially at full price
Old 09-08-14, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Had fun with the EA Access demo. I never play hockey games so this one seemed pretty great to me. True Broadcast camera is where it's at.
Old 09-08-14, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So basically, they didn't finish the game in time and we get new features slowly rolled out throughout the year? No thanks. I'll just wait for the finished product with NHL 16... if they finish it.
Old 09-08-14, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,032 Likes on 4,117 Posts

Honestly, I thought that while the arenas and spectators looked a lot better, the players and gameplay was pretty comparable to last generation's game.
Old 09-08-14, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll agree that it's stupid to add the stuff later but I'm jonesin for some hockey so I don't care.
Old 09-08-14, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I'll have fun playing it this year while you guys are waiting for the next one that may or may not have the same features.
I'll have more fun spending my 60 bucks on a game that's finished.
Old 09-08-14, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JTH182
I'll have more fun spending my 60 bucks on a game that's finished.
Word. Not like there aren't a ton of awesome games to play.
Old 09-10-14, 11:11 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
True Broadcast camera is where it's at.
I just turned this on and hell yeah. Almost makes me want to buy the game now.
Old 09-11-14, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It takes getting used to, that's for sure.
Old 09-11-14, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man playing online with the kinect was annoying at first. I didn't realize you could utilize that to talk to the opponent. He's yelling at me to turn down my TV and then yelling after all his dumb shot attempts and providing commentary. Have to mute everyone from now on.
Old 09-11-14, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chuckd21
True Broadcast camera is where it's at.
I switched to that back with NHL 13 and never looked back. Looks so real.

I use hybrid controls/always up.
Old 09-11-14, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by badlieut
Man playing online with the kinect was annoying at first. I didn't realize you could utilize that to talk to the opponent. He's yelling at me to turn down my TV and then yelling after all his dumb shot attempts and providing commentary. Have to mute everyone from now on.
Unfortunately lots of people don't realize their Kinect's are picking up everything. Playing random teamup matches in Fifa it never fails that I get teamed up with someone with a bunch of people speaking in Spanish in the background and what sounds like dishes being thrown against the wall.
Old 09-11-14, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I get teamed up with someone with a bunch of people speaking in Spanish in the background and what sounds like dishes being thrown against the wall.
I've played that guy.
Old 09-12-14, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I love the game but in some ways it seems so lifeless. It's hard to explain but it's like I'm playing Be a GM mode, and you finish a game, and then it's over. No recap by the announcers, no box score, no mention of it in the next game, no fake newspaper articles or people talking about it.

Also, the PA announcer is way too quiet. I know we mentioned this before, but you can't even hear him. They don't count goals as you score. What I mean is if Sidney Crosby scores two goals in a game, it'll show a 2 by his name. If he scores a goal the next game, it's back to a 1 instead of a 3. Not a huge deal but annoying to me.

I haven't seen any stat overlays either, except sometimes before the game starts (not counting the goalies). As great as the presentation is, they totally botched it here.

I'm keeping the game because there's way more good than bad, but my rating of the game definitely has gone down. I'd probably rate it an 8.3 out of 10.
Old 09-12-14, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I play HUT mostly, so for me the game is good. I skipped 14 last gen so I'm happy with this upgrade on PS4 from my 360. AI bugs me(as always) as they almost score every single time on one timers. It still doesn't feel like you're at any specific arena. I don't think the initial game for any gen was great so I expect NHL 16 to be better. Still happy with the game though.
Old 09-13-14, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

My first hockey game since NHL '95 I think. I know EA raped the features but I am still loving the game, it is loads of fun. I'm sure it helps that I am basically a n00b.
Old 09-13-14, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
My first hockey game since NHL '95 I think. I know EA raped the features but I am still loving the game, it is loads of fun. I'm sure it helps that I am basically a n00b.

Don't get any of us wrong, EA makes an incredible hockey game. It's just those of us coming from the last gen games find the lack of features upsetting.

Honestly, all it would take for me to buy this game would be EASHL and the ability to add custom music (which I don't think is even the fault of the makers, it's a system issue).
Old 09-16-14, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts

Loving the game [XBOXONE], games between my nephew and I are fun. We play 2 games/ home and home, last week he beat me with Montreal 2-0, I had Colorado. This weekend I beat his Canadiens 2-0 with the Kings. so next weekend he will have to pick another team. Like the way it plays and graphics are sweet.

Last edited by gerrythedon; 09-24-14 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-16-14, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
We play 2 games/ home and home, last week he beat me with Montreal 2-0, I had Colorado.
totally not realistic, pass
Old 09-17-14, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I am enjoying it so far, I got it for XBOX ONE ... I would like some of the features back and some that are in other games, but I am overall happy with it
Old 09-23-14, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The first in a series of major content updates adding features back in to NHL 15 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One released last night, EA Sports announced.

The patch returns a tournament Playoff Mode to the main game, a coach who grades your player's performance in the Be A Pro career mode, and the naming of Three Stars at the end of all games in all modes.

All three of these features are in NHL 14 and NHL 15 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Additionally, Hockey Ultimate Team's menus have received new layouts and improved navigations, including visual cues that help players identify which members of their team are injured or who are running out of playing time.

An October update is planned; it will deliver Online Team Play, also present in the previous-generation version of the game, and it will introduce an amateur draft to the Be a GM career mode. The draft is currently simulated in Be a GM.
Old 09-23-14, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, maybe I'll rethink not picking this up then.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.