Reload this Page >

Bound By Flame..(PC, 360, PS3 & PS4)...May 9th

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 05-04-14, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts

Thought I'd put this out there since there was no thread and has been under the radar with other games out or coming out. Along the line of Skyrim, The Withcher, dragon's Age type games...I'll let those who play them comment more but here is some links and info FWIW...

Offical Site - http://www.boundbyflame.com/

From Playstation.Blog a good simple breakdown of the game itself...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...etails-combat/

Bound by Flame features real-time combat that’s tactically deep, dynamic, and spectacular. Defeating your enemies won’t be an easy task, as every single monster and creature you’ll encounter has its own behavior, strengths, and weaknesses you’ll have to exploit in order to tear them into pieces.

You’ll be given access to three different skill trees to develop your character, each tree with its own unique abilities. The Warrior uses two-handed swords, axes, and war hammers to break his enemy’s defenses and inflict heavy damage, while the stealthy Ranger dual wields daggers to sneak up on his enemies for devastating backstabs — and then fights the survivors in fast-paced melee combat. The Pyromancer channels the fiery powers of the demon: hurl fireballs, light your weapon on fire, invoke flame spirits, and much more.

In combat, you’ll be able to toggle between the Warrior and Ranger stances in the blink of an eye, to adapt your tactics on the fly according to the enemies you’re facing. The rich bestiary of Bound by Flame will throw strong and varied foes at you; some of them might inflict poison, while others will use long range attacks. Even stronger enemies will try to tear you apart with powerful melee strikes.

Recent interview with DEVs (May 1st) about the game....

http://gamingbolt.com/bound-by-flame...-fantasy-world

April 12th...Combat Trailer

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pPkWt_iGk7k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-04-14, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Bound By Flame..(PC, 360, PS3 & PS4)...May 9th

So it's not a shitty God of War ripoff? Because that's what it looks like from watching that video.
Old 05-04-14, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's an RPG, so more like a shitty Dark Souls/Kingdoms of Amalur/Witcher ripoff.
Old 05-04-14, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I cannot comment on it being a ripoffof any of the games listed because...
A...I didn't have a PS3 and played God of War and....
B...I didn't play any of the other mentioned Medieval type games though I wouldn't mind giving a try. I just put it out since this month seems to be focused on Watch Dogs and some on Wolfenstein:The New Order. The closet I've played to a Medieval Hack & Slash game is Diablo III.
Old 05-04-14, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
It's an RPG, so more like a shitty Dark Souls/Kingdoms of Amalur/Witcher ripoff.
Pretty much, though the videos do make it appear more interesting and polished than the most recent versions of Two Worlds, Risen, Gothic ... maybe even Divinity. The story's reactions to decisions sound ambitious, at least, though it's always wise to go into choice-and-consequence CRPGs with low expectations. Character customization is a fun plus, too, though I haven't seen any footage on the quality of the creation infrastructure.

I'm in, but I'm a sucker for the genre anyway.
Old 05-04-14, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Hmm okay, so Action-RPG. I'll keep an eye on it when it comes out I guess.
Old 05-08-14, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Ouch. Double ouch.

Getting railed in the reviews, mostly for the gameplay.
Old 05-08-14, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Shocked given the history this developer has.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiders_(developer)
Old 05-09-14, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gamespot gave it a (4).... http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/boun.../1900-6415751/

I was hoping this would've done better...still early to call but not looking good.With Elder Scrolls Online being bumped, Diablo II for the PS4 still a ways off and lately seems to be a slew of new games getting below average scores.

....just saw this however at Gameinformer...

Bound By Flame A Solid RPG Snack....(8) http://www.gameinformer.com/games/bo...einformer.aspx
Old 05-09-14, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,007 Likes on 800 Posts

Was wondering why this was so cheap on PC (pre-orders as low as $24)
Old 05-09-14, 09:45 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Thought I'd put this out there since there was no thread and has been under the radar with other games out or coming out. Along the line of Skyrim, The Withcher, dragon's Age type games...I'll let those who play them comment more but here is some links and info FWIW...

Offical Site - http://www.boundbyflame.com/

From Playstation.Blog a good simple breakdown of the game itself...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...etails-combat/

Bound by Flame features real-time combat that’s tactically deep, dynamic, and spectacular. Defeating your enemies won’t be an easy task, as every single monster and creature you’ll encounter has its own behavior, strengths, and weaknesses you’ll have to exploit in order to tear them into pieces.

You’ll be given access to three different skill trees to develop your character, each tree with its own unique abilities. The Warrior uses two-handed swords, axes, and war hammers to break his enemy’s defenses and inflict heavy damage, while the stealthy Ranger dual wields daggers to sneak up on his enemies for devastating backstabs — and then fights the survivors in fast-paced melee combat. The Pyromancer channels the fiery powers of the demon: hurl fireballs, light your weapon on fire, invoke flame spirits, and much more.

In combat, you’ll be able to toggle between the Warrior and Ranger stances in the blink of an eye, to adapt your tactics on the fly according to the enemies you’re facing. The rich bestiary of Bound by Flame will throw strong and varied foes at you; some of them might inflict poison, while others will use long range attacks. Even stronger enemies will try to tear you apart with powerful melee strikes.

Recent interview with DEVs (May 1st) about the game....

http://gamingbolt.com/bound-by-flame...-fantasy-world

April 12th...Combat Trailer

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pPkWt_iGk7k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OMG, i let out a loud laugh in my office at the stealth kill at :43. That is horrible looking. Anyway, Focus Interactive makes fairly crappy games most of the time. I had high hopes for Realms of Ancient War (RAW) which is a Diablo clone, but it was a steaming pile of crap. However, I do like Farming Simulator 2013 that they make. No sarcasm there, I really do like it.
Old 08-25-16, 09:32 AM
gamer for life

Just got my platinum on this..and I have to say I really enjoyed it for what it was. I think I am going to pick up Technomancer, because I really liked Mars War Logs and this...
Old 08-25-16, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a sealed physical copy of this for $10 recently, and actually it's $7.49 digitally right now on sale through Xbox Live. Since Mars: War Logs and Faery (both Spiders games) are backwards compatible, I took the opportunity to ask them via tweet if there was plans for Bound by Flame to go BC and have unfortunately not gotten a response . It would make sense (especially considering there is a PS4 release) but it is a retail game first as well (and most retail games have taken their sweet time in getting to BC).