Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

#driveclub (PS4) -- PS+ demo live NOW (6/25/2015)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

#driveclub (PS4) -- PS+ demo live NOW (6/25/2015)

Old 06-26-15, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: #driveclub (PS4) -- PS+ demo live NOW (6/25/2015)

I think Driveclub was supposed to feel like a sim, and they just failed at it. Pretty much every car handles like shit.
Old 06-29-15, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
Where does The Crew fit in?
Trick question. The Crew will never fit in.
Old 06-29-15, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Driveclub doesn't feel like a sim at all to me. It falls a little bit more on the arcade end of the spectrum, but still not quite arcadey enough for my taste.

God damn gorgeous game though. I'm having a good time just firing it up with dynamic weather and sped up day/night cycle and zipping around time trials. If some random PSN sale puts the upgrade at the right price, I could see it, but I still think I'd prefer NFS Rivals.
Old 06-29-15, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely not a sim nor is it full arcade either. It sits right in the middle, which is fine by me. And yes, it is a gorgeous game. Love those weather effects.
Old 06-29-15, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,168 Likes on 4,198 Posts

Originally Posted by chess
Driveclub doesn't feel like a sim at all to me. It falls a little bit more on the arcade end of the spectrum, but still not quite arcadey enough for my taste.

God damn gorgeous game though. I'm having a good time just firing it up with dynamic weather and sped up day/night cycle and zipping around time trials. If some random PSN sale puts the upgrade at the right price, I could see it, but I still think I'd prefer NFS Rivals.
It's on sale for $24.99 now. I think that's pretty reasonable.
Old 08-20-15, 12:33 PM

What’s Next For Driveclub

Posted by Jamie Brayshaw on Aug 20, 2015 // Community Development Manager, Evolution Studios

Driveclub is gearing up for another big year and we want you to help us shape it!

It’s amazing to see the global network of connected racers and clubs in Driveclub keep growing, and we’re looking forward to the year ahead. The community, the game and the servers are all really strong and there’s plenty of new features and updates coming to the game, so there’s never been a better time to join us – and to bring your PS Plus friends in with you with the Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ArSayIMgE7Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We’re adding more to the game every month to keep it fresh for you – whether you have Driveclub or the Driveclub PS Plus Edition – we’ve got loads planned to keep the game growing around you with new features, modes, tracks, cars and some big surprises on the way.

The free car coming to Driveclub in August is the Ferrari 488 GTB! Follow @Driveclub on twitter to see more this week.

Your input always plays a huge part in powering our monthly updates too, just like you have done from the very start, and we’re already working on your most popular requests. Fully customisable multiplayer lobbies, new difficulty options, more tracks, community events, extra photomode options, fine-tuning for drift mode, smarter notifications and many more developments are all incoming. Plus we always want to know what else you want to see, so keep sharing your feedback with us! You can reach us here on this blog, on the PlayStation forums, @Driveclub on Twitter and on the Driveclub Facebook page.

We’re always really excited about by the reaction we see from all of the updates and the expansions we bring to Driveclub and we especially loved your feedback on the 5 new cars we recently added in the Horsepower Expansion Pack

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KvsQoSqyt0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To thank everyone for playing the game and for staying with us, we are running Double XP for everybody on all of the 15 cars available in Driveclub PS Plus Edition. It starts today and runs through to Monday, August 24th! That’s Double XP wherever and whenever you play with the 15 cars featured in this amazing #PS4share photo album.

We love all of the #PS4share pics we see like these. Thanks to you – the fans – for capturing these amazing shots and many more. You continue to blow our minds with the quality of the pics you snap in photomode every day so we’ve set up a showcase for our favourite pics on driveclub.com – please keep sharing them with us using the #Driveclub hashtag!

Thanks again for being so supportive! We can’t wait to show you more of what’s coming to Driveclub each month & to hear what you want out of the game!
Old 10-27-15, 05:29 PM

Well, in the Too Little, Too Late category, there is now a BIKES expansion for Driveclub out today. It costs $19.99, but is "only" $14.99 if you own even the PS Plus version of the original game.
Gotta admit, it kinda looks fun.

Description:

SPECIAL OFFER!
As a valued member of the DRIVECLUB™ community, you can get the DRIVECLUB BIKES expansion at a reduced price.

RIDE TOGETHER, WIN TOGETHER
Smash lap records and pull crowd-pleasing wheelies and stoppies to earn Fame and rewards as you take on loads of new events and challenges.

• Attack all 78 DRIVECLUB tracks as you race the world’s best superbikes from Yamaha, Ducati, Kawasaki, Honda, Bimota, BMW and more!
• Immerse yourself in authentic superbike racing: it’s easy to learn for newcomers, yet deeply nuanced for experienced riders
• Go it alone in the offline Tour campaign with 42 events including Races, Time Trials, Skill challenges and Championship events
• Customize your bikes and racing leathers
• Choose from simulation or arcade camera views: first person rider, handlebar, dash, front wheel, near chase and far chase
• Earn new Accolades and Trophies – including the prestigious DRIVECLUB Bikes Platinum Trophy

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PLx4lW1cjdI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-27-15, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Should or be free. But does look cool.
Old 10-27-15, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

No new tracks, no sale.
Old 03-29-19, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Driveclub will be delisted on PSN on 8/31/19 and servers will shut down on 3/31/20.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

Should we get the Daggers back for one more ride?
Old 03-29-19, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Driveclub will be delisted on PSN on 8/31/19 and servers will shut down on 3/31/20.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

Should we get the Daggers back for one more ride?
Did we ever go out for the first ride?

(I think we did but must not have lasted long.)
Old 03-30-19, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well we had the club, but I don't think it went very far.

It would be cool of them to make all the DLC free (or dirt cheap) since it's going to be almost useless in a year.

Going back and reading through this thread was kinda crazy. I almost forgot how bad they fucked up the launch. It wasn't that great of a game to begin with, but it never recovered from that launch.