Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assassin's Creed V (Unity? 18th-Century Paris) -- Fall 2014; Two Games Possible

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-14, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 623 Likes on 481 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed V (Unity? 18th-Century Paris) -- Fall 2014; Two Games Possible

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Yep, and this is why it is irritating a bit to know that the next Creed is already coming for next year while they are still fixing stuff for this one. Now, I haven't had too many problems with this game but when you know there is stuff that has severely hampered the experience then go full throttle to get it fixed before you ready another one.
Since ASSASSIN'S CREED VICTORY is to be set during the Victoria era in London, can we have all the characters speak with French accents? You know, since all the French characters in ASSASSIN'S CREED UNITY speak with English accents.
Old 12-19-14, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Assassin's Creed V (Unity? 18th-Century Paris) -- Fall 2014; Two Games Possible

The update just went live for PC. About 5.5 gigs.
Old 12-19-14, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang, if I end up getting this on disc, I may as well wait for the "Game of the Year" edition which would supposedly include the patches. That seems better than getting a disc loaded with garbage code and having to download GB's of patches. Glad they're fixing it, but still ridiculous...
Old 12-19-14, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

After the patch, I still got one random freeze and some slowdown during some of the cinematics. Other than that, nothing major to report.
Old 01-12-15, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I guess the Dead Kings DLC, which is now free for everyone, is available tomorrow.

Question for those that have been playing this extensively; I'm about halfway through the main missions, but haven't really hit any of the optional side-missions. There's so many, it's overwhelming and I wouldn't know which are worth doing. I'm not a completionist, so I don't care about getting everything, but I wanna get my money's worth, so what are the better side-missions that I should check out?
Old 01-12-15, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by slop101
I guess the Dead Kings DLC, which is now free for everyone, is available tomorrow.

Question for those that have been playing this extensively; I'm about halfway through the main missions, but haven't really hit any of the optional side-missions. There's so many, it's overwhelming and I wouldn't know which are worth doing. I'm not a completionist, so I don't care about getting everything, but I wanna get my money's worth, so what are the better side-missions that I should check out?
The only "entertaining" side missions are the murder mysteries. And not all of those are great. Just an amusing diversion. The ones that are the most "rewarding" (getting you points to upgrade Arno) are the co-op missions (which you can play solo but are very difficult alone).
Old 01-13-15, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Dead Kings takes place after sequence 12 (it's considered sequence 13) and just before the epilog of the main game. So if you haven't gotten there yet and care, it spoils Unity's story. It's supposed to be around 5 hours long, in completely new environments, and more focused on puzzles and exploration.

*approx 7gigs to download.

Last edited by slop101; 01-13-15 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-13-15, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by slop101
Dead Kings takes place after sequence 12 (it's considered sequence 13) and just before the epilog of the main game. So if you haven't gotten there yet and care, it spoils Unity's story. It's supposed to be around 5 hours long, in completely new environments, and more focused on puzzles and exploration.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-14-15, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's the map of the DLC area:

Spoiler:

I tried to play it last night, but with PSN so slow now, it estimated the DLC's download time as 18 hours, which would mean that even if I started downloading it last night, it won't be done for another couple hours...
Old 01-14-15, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

They must've thrown the team in charge of DLC fully into fixing bugs in the main game. That map doesn't have nearly enough icons.
Old 01-20-15, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Did the first mission of the Dead Kings sequence. Good stuff. I also jumped back into Paris after a 8 Gig (!) patch. It's a shame this isn't the version of Unity that launched.
Old 02-09-15, 07:22 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally picked this up and I have to say early on I am enjoying it more than I did Creed 3. Still I miss my boat
Old 02-09-15, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It's definitely better than 3 but something feels off about this game as a whole. Arno doesn't seem that badass an Assassin and this one feels a tad more repetitive to me than previous entries. Franchise fatigue, perhaps?
Old 02-12-15, 11:41 PM
gamer for life

Re: Assassin's Creed V (Uthnity? 18th-Century Paris) -- Fall 2014; Two Games Possible

I am almost done with this and it is easily my favorite Creed game since the second. Black Flag had the amazing ship combat that elevated it to high levels, but it still suffered from repetitive ground missions and tailing missions. The setting and ship aspect of that game made it amazing. Unity on the other hand has removed almost all of the repetitive bullshit the creed games have fallen into. Each mission feels unique. The assassinations themselves give you a true open sandbox to work with. There have also been some amazing surprises and even one mission after sequence 7 that truly shocked me at both the quality and beauty of it. I am floored by how much I am loving this.
Old 02-13-15, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed V (Uthnity? 18th-Century Paris) -- Fall 2014; Two Games Possible

Originally Posted by foxdvd
I am almost done with this and it is easily my favorite Creed game since the second. Black Flag had the amazing ship combat that elevated it to high levels, but it still suffered from repetitive ground missions and tailing missions. The setting and ship aspect of that game made it amazing. Unity on the other hand has removed almost all of the repetitive bullshit the creed games have fallen into. Each mission feels unique. The assassinations themselves give you a true open sandbox to work with. There have also been some amazing surprises and even one mission after sequence 7 that truly shocked me at both the quality and beauty of it. I am floored by how much I am loving this.
That's good to hear. I'm still working my way through Black Flag, and I'll be moving on to Rogue after that. Here's hoping Unity is nice and polished up (at least as much as it's ever going to get) by the time I get to it...
Old 02-15-15, 10:23 PM
gamer for life

finished this up and got my platinum.

It lost a little steam towards the end, with the later missions not capturing the quality of the middle missions. It still was a very strong game and one that I think got an unfair bashing on neogaf. I of course played it after a near 7 gig patch, so I am sure it was buggy as hell before.

overall I would rate the console creed games

2>Black Flag>>Unity>Brotherhood>>>Revelations>>>1>>>>>>>>>>>3
Old 02-19-15, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm glad they continue to fix the game. Might be fully patched and ready to play by the time I get around to it

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/18/806...locked-ubisoft
Old 02-19-15, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Yup, I'm waiting until it's cheap and stable. I really enjoyed Black Flag.
Old 02-19-15, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

The Xbox One version is still $16.75 on GameDealDaily.com
Old 02-19-15, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There was a 6 gig update yesterday - anyone know what it was, is it even more stability fixes, or just the next DLC?
Old 02-19-15, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Another 6 gigs? I'm about ready to finish it and delete it. These updates not only chew up our bandwidth but also eat into what little system space we have.
Old 02-19-15, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think instead of adding an additional 6 gigs of information, it writes over content already on your hard-drive after installing, so it doesn't take up much extra space, if any.

Oh, and I guess here's what the patch did - not bad - I guess they're being generous due to the clusterfuck the game was at release.

Ubisoft is rolling out a new patch for Assassin's Creed Unity today that unlocks game content previously walled behind a companion mobile app and the Assassin's Creed Initiates website. No longer will players have to turn to an outside source to access certain special chests in the game.

The developer "will be unlocking all content exclusive to Initiates and the Companion App, including both blue and gold chests," Ubisoft said in a live update. "Players can still progress on the Companion App, they just will no longer be required to complete content to unlock in-game chests."

Ubisoft launched the Assassin's Creed Unity Companion app for Android and iOS last year, alongside the PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One game. Ubisoft blocked access to certain rewards in the console and PC game, including in-game currency and outfits for protagonist Arno, forcing players to use the app to unlock them. That meant certain chests would appear in Unity's version of Paris, but many players couldn't open them.

Some content was also locked behind the Assassin's Creed Initiates website. When the developer put that website into "a continued state of maintenance" at Christmas, Ubisoft unlocked that content to all online players.

Here's a breakdown of what's included in Patch 5.

Stability & performance

Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop

Save game & Progression

Fixed gear and outfit rewards getting relocked
Added users profile corrector to resolve companion synchronization issues
Made Initiate and companion app exclusive content accessible to all players
Fixed the ‘Find Leon’ objective not spawning on Dead Kings Memory 2

Online matchmaking, connectivity & replication

Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
Fixed issues with the My Club feature

Gameplay (navigation, fight, stealth)

Fixed issue with Arno losing control after trying to launch Initiates from the pause menu
Fixed minor navigation issues

Menus and HUD

Fixed issues occurring when hacking gears
Fixed additional issues with notifications

World & 3D

Fixed some minor FX and texture issues
Old 02-19-15, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Seems it's not up for PC yet.
Old 03-14-15, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

$19.99 at Target starting on 3/22. This has to be the fastest price drop on an Assassin's Creed game yet.
Old 04-20-15, 01:29 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

$11.75 for the digital copy on gamedealdaily.com (XBOX ONE only)
I bought AC:Black Flag from them a few months ago and got my code within minutes.
I just bought Unity now and got my code instantly.
Others had success with TLoU on PS4.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.