Reload this Page >

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

Old 04-18-14, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,352 Likes on 917 Posts
Re: Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

This is much better than the venom event. I have storm, black widow near max. Plus I have med level cap and Thor, so i can cruise through this event.
Old 04-18-14, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 205 Likes on 124 Posts

Yeah, Storm kicks ass in this event. Wish I had modern Thor. Except for the stage requiring him, I've beat everything in the Alaska base to where they're just 1 point each and am only ranked 24.
Old 04-18-14, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I really like Classic Storm, her "blue" power is pretty awesome. I need to level her up on my team.
Old 04-18-14, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk God

yeah, classic storm is my favorite character. if you can get the blue to 5, you can stun for 3 and it takes major damage from everyone. my favorite combo is with her, the marvel now magneto and anyone else. magneto has the purple skill that'll turn any 4 tiles blue. if you can get that up, you chain a bunch of blues together and it fills her blue stun. i love that one.

my other favorite team is marvel now thor, OBW and anyone else. OBW steals all the colors, which helps you build up thor. then you chain thor's skills together and crush it.
Old 04-18-14, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk God

We got some random wanting in. I don't think he is part of dvdtalk. What do we do?
Old 04-18-14, 11:11 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
We got some random wanting in. I don't think he is part of dvdtalk. What do we do?
DaveNinja (or anybody else), is that you?
Old 04-18-14, 11:17 PM

Received 499 Likes on 360 Posts

How do you share rewards through Facebook?
Old 04-19-14, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
How do you share rewards through Facebook?
i posted a thread on it over on the game forum. from what i gather, if you are friends with other people who play the game, it links you to them. then, when you get a shareable reward, you can pick 3 people from your list. someone over there said it was only 3 people, but i can't confirm that because i only have 3 people i'm friends with who are playing it.
Old 04-19-14, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

It always just seems like 3 random people you're friends with for me, as I can't choose which ones. I probably have like 10 friends that play, although it's also one of those cases where it seems like half of them just installed the game and never play (since I never get anything back from them)
Old 04-20-14, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk God

so no word on the guy requesting admission to our alliance? i am going to dismiss him unless someone speaks up here in the next day or so.
Old 04-20-14, 09:50 AM

That guy left and now there's a new guy. One idea is to just accept them, but not promote them unless they confirm themselves as DVDTalkers, and then boot them if/when an actual DVDTalker wants in. That way we at least get a little "something something" in events.
Old 04-20-14, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Groucho
That guy left and now there's a new guy. One idea is to just accept them, but not promote them unless they confirm themselves as DVDTalkers, and then boot them if/when an actual DVDTalker wants in. That way we at least get a little "something something" in events.
that's a good point. so confirm the new guy but not as a commander?
Old 04-20-14, 10:20 AM

Exactly.
Old 04-20-14, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk God

ok, he's confirmed but not as a commander. if we need the space, we can kick him in the future.
Old 04-20-14, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just started playing this. Pretty cool game but they really bleed you for real money when it comes to upgrading powers and getting new characters.
Old 04-20-14, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by robin2099
Just started playing this. Pretty cool game but they really bleed you for real money when it comes to upgrading powers and getting new characters.
not necessarily. you just have to be willing to grind the shit out of the game. my roster is pretty robust, and i've only paid for ISO once.
Old 04-20-14, 04:09 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deftones
yeah, classic storm is my favorite character. if you can get the blue to 5, you can stun for 3 and it takes major damage from everyone. my favorite combo is with her, the marvel now magneto and anyone else. magneto has the purple skill that'll turn any 4 tiles blue. if you can get that up, you chain a bunch of blues together and it fills her blue stun. i love that one.

my other favorite team is marvel now thor, OBW and anyone else. OBW steals all the colors, which helps you build up thor. then you chain thor's skills together and crush it.
I have Modern Storm in my lineup. Iron Man has his blue power that stuns for 3 turns and does around 500 points of damage.

I don't like that I can't get each power up to level 5. I have some characters that have level 5 powers but the third is level 3 or 4.

I'm not sure what the best characters to get are. I haven't spent any actual money on the game, so I take characters as I get them from the covers that I get as rewards.

Here's the lineup of what I have: (Name, Level, Powers (from top to bottom)

Iron Man (Model 35) / Level 25 / 4,4,5
Storm (Modern) / Level 20 / 5,5,3
Thor (Marvel Now) / Level 20 / 2, 2, -
Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) / Level 15 / 2, 1, 1
Iron Man (Nodel 40) / Level 15 / -,1,-
Ragnarok (Dark Avengers Thor) / Level 15 / 1,-,-
Black Widow (Modern) / Level 15 / 5,5,-
Hawkeye (Modern) / Level 14 /1,2
Captain America (Modern) / Level 15 / -,2,2
Moonstone (Dark Avengers Ms. Marvel) / Level 14 / 1,-,2
Magneto (Marvel Now) / Level 8 - 1,1,-

Last edited by Canis Firebrand; 04-20-14 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-20-14, 09:10 PM

In the events, are the opponent levels the same for everyone? Or are they based on your roster?

For example, my highest characters are a couple Level 30s. And in the most recent event (Alaska) I was fighting Level 20-38 enemies. If I had a couple Level 80 characters, would I be fighting Level 80 +/- enemies?
Old 04-21-14, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 205 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
I have Modern Storm in my lineup. Iron Man has his blue power that stuns for 3 turns and does around 500 points of damage.

I don't like that I can't get each power up to level 5. I have some characters that have level 5 powers but the third is level 3 or 4.

I'm not sure what the best characters to get are. I haven't spent any actual money on the game, so I take characters as I get them from the covers that I get as rewards.

Here's the lineup of what I have: (Name, Level, Powers (from top to bottom)

Iron Man (Model 35) / Level 25 / 4,4,5
Storm (Modern) / Level 20 / 5,5,3
Thor (Marvel Now) / Level 20 / 2, 2, -
Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) / Level 15 / 2, 1, 1
Iron Man (Nodel 40) / Level 15 / -,1,-
Ragnarok (Dark Avengers Thor) / Level 15 / 1,-,-
Black Widow (Modern) / Level 15 / 5,5,-
Hawkeye (Modern) / Level 14 /1,2
Captain America (Modern) / Level 15 / -,2,2
Moonstone (Dark Avengers Ms. Marvel) / Level 14 / 1,-,2
Magneto (Marvel Now) / Level 8 - 1,1,-
Yeah, all characters are limited to 13 of the 15 slots for power ups, so you eventually have to choose which ones are most valuable to you. Of the characters you have, I used Iron Man 35, Black Widow Modern & Hawkeye Modern as my go-to line-up for my first month or so in the game and think that's an alright group for when you're fighting lower level enemies. Among what you have, I'd probably concentrate on leveling up Thor, Wolverine & Magneto. All of those have been really good for me to have at higher levels. Thor & Magneto both have powers that somewhat chain, as using one provides or makes it easier to get AP for another. Wolverine's healing factor alone is a big bonus and I've had quite a few rounds where I won despite having my other two characters downed, just from keeping him healing himself with yellows.

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
In the events, are the opponent levels the same for everyone? Or are they based on your roster?

For example, my highest characters are a couple Level 30s. And in the most recent event (Alaska) I was fighting Level 20-38 enemies. If I had a couple Level 80 characters, would I be fighting Level 80 +/- enemies?
Pretty sure they level up, as I've been fighting Level 70 - 110 characters. It's odd, though, at the start of this most recent event, I had a bunch of matches against enemies around 30 - 40, which made for extremely easy and fast wins.
Old 04-21-14, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by maxfisher
Pretty sure they level up, as I've been fighting Level 70 - 110 characters. It's odd, though, at the start of this most recent event, I had a bunch of matches against enemies around 30 - 40, which made for extremely easy and fast wins.
I wonder how that's calculated. Is it based on your highest character? Or maybe the average of your Top 3?

I've been leveling mostly one set of characters (Iron Man 35, Storm Modern and Black Widow Modern). I'm around Level 30-35 on each. The problem is when they're all down (and I've run out of health packs), I have to wait for them to heal. I can't play my other characters because they're all stuck around Level 15. I guess I need to hold back and try to keep everyone in the same range.
Old 04-21-14, 08:29 AM

It would be nice if the indicator showing the difficulty of a level (Trivial / Easy / Normal / Hard / Etc) would scale based on which of your characters was not injured.
Old 04-21-14, 08:35 AM

If anyone wants to do Facebook sharing, drop me a PM. I usually get 1-2 Facebook sharing awards a day. And they're just going to waste.
Old 04-21-14, 09:17 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by maxfisher
Yeah, all characters are limited to 13 of the 15 slots for power ups, so you eventually have to choose which ones are most valuable to you. Of the characters you have, I used Iron Man 35, Black Widow Modern & Hawkeye Modern as my go-to line-up for my first month or so in the game and think that's an alright group for when you're fighting lower level enemies. Among what you have, I'd probably concentrate on leveling up Thor, Wolverine & Magneto. All of those have been really good for me to have at higher levels. Thor & Magneto both have powers that somewhat chain, as using one provides or makes it easier to get AP for another. Wolverine's healing factor alone is a big bonus and I've had quite a few rounds where I won despite having my other two characters downed, just from keeping him healing himself with yellows.
The line up that I usually use is Iron Man, Thor, and Storm. Iron Man's attacks are pretty powerful. I have his blue one at level 5 which stuns for 3 turns and does like 400 points of damage. Storm's black ability is kind of nice as it gives a bunch of "fight" gems that do extra damage.

I need to work on leveling up the powers of the other characters since they are pretty low.

I'm debating spending some of the hero points I have on covers. The Army of One daily deal is 200 points as is The Hunt daily deal. The New Heroes one is 100 points.

Then I can also use crystals to get s a few standard covers. Just trying to figure out the best way to get either better characters or powers for ones I have.
There are some missions I can't do in the events section because I don't have the required character.

Last edited by Canis Firebrand; 04-21-14 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-21-14, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
Just trying to figure out the best way to get either better characters or powers for ones I have.
Go back and replay some of your old missions. They all have 3-4 rewards. After you've leveled up, you should be able to breeze through them. It's a good way to get extra covers. I got a 4-Star Wolverine from a basic cover.
Old 04-21-14, 09:59 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I did that on the first set. It took quite a while as I would continuously receive the 20 crystal reward instead of one of the other rewards I hadn't gotten yet. I need to do that for the other prologue events.

I have 11/11 missions/26/26 rewards for the first one. For Juggernaut I have 15/15 missions, but 48/52 rewards. For Venom, I have 4/14 missions and 6/56 rewards. Thats the last one I have unlocked so I need to keep grinding in there.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.