Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

Old 04-17-14, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

I'd be up for joining if the extra spot is still available. This stupid little game is just SO fun and addictive. I haven't felt the need to spend any money yet, but I could be talked into it soon.

ETA: I found the group and see the spot is open. Just want to make sure it's cool that I join before doing so.
Old 04-17-14, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,352 Likes on 917 Posts

As long as you continue to participate, I'm OK with you joining.
Old 04-17-14, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool. Thanks, just joined. I'd be up for springing to open up another slot once I'm in, too.
Old 04-17-14, 11:46 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I let Dexter in an opened up a new slot.
Old 04-17-14, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 205 Likes on 124 Posts

Well that sucks. I was #8 on the regular Venom challenge with 4 minutes left. I picked the level with the highest point reward and beat it right as the event ended. And only ended up in the top 50. Anyone know if the points count towards your total as long as you start a round before the time is up? And it looks like our Alliance only ended up top 1750, even though we'd been hovering between 600 & 700 for the past day. I've played most of the events for the past month and the only time I got top 10 was when I was #1 a couple minutes before it ended and closed out with a round.
Old 04-17-14, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,867 Likes on 1,444 Posts

Yeah, the whole rubberband effect means the last hour and especially the last few minutes are a free for all. This event was a bit of a pain: the roster was limited, which was good for me since Astonishing Wolvie is one of my leveled up characters, but unless you got a bunch of Psylocke and/or Panther, you're stuck with a 1 star or Hawkeye. And then you have Daken, Bullseye, and massive damage dealing thugs.
Old 04-17-14, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by maxfisher
Well that sucks. I was #8 on the regular Venom challenge with 4 minutes left. I picked the level with the highest point reward and beat it right as the event ended. And only ended up in the top 50. Anyone know if the points count towards your total as long as you start a round before the time is up? And it looks like our Alliance only ended up top 1750, even though we'd been hovering between 600 & 700 for the past day. I've played most of the events for the past month and the only time I got top 10 was when I was #1 a couple minutes before it ended and closed out with a round.
fyi, if you finish a round after the event has ended, it doesn't count toward your score.

that venom event sucked. too limited roster. these pve ones are usually pretty good for me, as i have a pretty built up roster. my hulk isn't great, but should be enough for me to get top 50.
Old 04-18-14, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If anyone else skipped over it, the S.H.I.E.L.D. training under prologue is a fairly easy way to pick up some ISO, Hero Points and low-level covers that can be used or sold. I was poking around and found it after getting my ass handed to me in the Hulk event. Unfortunately, it looks like the really good rewards (3-star covers) are only for hitting milestones that are pretty much unobtainable. I'd really like to get up to 2,600 for the 3-star Spider-Mans, but I just hit 1,000 and almost all my matches at this point return less than 10.
Old 04-18-14, 08:06 AM

Received 499 Likes on 360 Posts

I'll join up if you guys are still taking members. I've only been playing for about a week, so I haven't progressed too far. But I'll pitch-in the cost of opening another slot.
Old 04-18-14, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk God

I say we let him in, and he's gotta buy the next spot. That's the best way to do this from now on, since we'll have to keep buying a new spot.
Old 04-18-14, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Seems like there's an Alliance resupply bonus now... neat, more ISO.
Old 04-18-14, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep, agree, the more the merrier, especially since alliance ranking is based on aggregate and not average score. I'd also say for now, it's fair that the person who takes the currently open spot springs for the new one. Not sure if we'll want to revisit that if we end up with a lot of people, as it'll start to get more expensive at the higher numbered spots.
Old 04-18-14, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Damn, i wish i would have seen this thread sooner when there were open spots. I've been playing the crap out of this game. I have a few 50s. I was doing great in the venom event with human torch (event boosted to 105), astonishing wolverine and modern hawkeye
Old 04-18-14, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If a DVDTalker is really active in the game, I don't mind pitching in for the next slot as it becomes prohibitively expensive for a single new member to pay for it all, especially if it means we can creep up in the rankings and get more Hero Points anyway. Of course, I have no idea if that's even possible, I think only one person can buy a slot at a time.

Just picked up a Hulk cover off a random draw, but ran out of purple stuff to level him...

Also, I'm about to get attacked and killed by the level 140+ people as I get up in ranking in the last few hours, but I'll try to keep up.
Old 04-18-14, 12:19 PM

I just joined (TBDave) and it's currently Pending. Once it goes though, I'll buy another open spot.
Old 04-18-14, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I approved. I still need to pitch in for a slot, but I don't have much resources right now.
Old 04-18-14, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I approved. I still need to pitch in for a slot, but I don't have much resources right now.
Thanks.

I don't see how to open a spot. How do I do that?
Old 04-18-14, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Thanks.

I don't see how to open a spot. How do I do that?
Tap the gears on the details page. Looks like we already have one slot open, if DaveNinja still wants to join...
Old 04-18-14, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think TheBigDave got promoted to commander and opened up that slot. I think DaveNinja just has to search for us and apply. Wait how many Daves are there?

Yeah, that Spiderman cover in the Shield battle tempted me (it would be my first), but I gave up long ago. Now I just field a weak team and hope people hit me there, since there's some kind of ranking effect it helps with.
Old 04-18-14, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wish they'd add the ability for people in alliances to trade covers. I've gotten quite a few 2-stars and 3-stars that I feel guilty selling, but can't use due to either already being maxed out on the attribute or not having enough hero points to open another slot.

I just opened up my Facebook profile privacy settings to allow friend requests from anyone. I think I've sent Deftones ~1000 ISO and some boosts and probably gotten close to the same back from him, so it definitely pays to connect with others. If anyone wants to send me a request on Facebook, my profile is at
Spoiler:
www.facebook.com/Jim.R.May
Old 04-18-14, 02:21 PM

The alliance thing is relatively new, but I agree that trading would be a logical next step.
Old 04-18-14, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
I think TheBigDave got promoted to commander and opened up that slot.
Yep. I guess I didn't have access at first. But once I got promoted to Commander, I was able to buy a new spot for the next member. I think it was 1000 points, so the next spot will probably be 1100.
Old 04-18-14, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't think they'll implement trading because of abuse and because of $$$. Abuse because you can probably start selling covers and/or creating dummy accounts to use the extras, and $$$ because then people have to buy/win their own covers. I've had to "sell" countless 2 star covers that I really really could've used when I was starting out... the Original Black Widow ones alone are awesome for those just starting out.
Old 04-18-14, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, I think the current set up also helps them control the economy a bit forcing people to dump covers and characters.
Old 04-18-14, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Rewards for this new event are unexciting, but so far the levels are low enough that I think that as long as you have some of the buffed characters, even lower levels can progress, so that's cool.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.