Reload this Page >

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

Old 04-11-14, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 205 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

Ok, I created an alliance 'dvdtalkers' for anyone who wants to join. Apparently they only allow 5 members unless you want to use stupid numbers of gold coins to upgrade it to allow more. If we get it going, are actually getting rewards for it and more people want to join, maybe I'll drop a little cash on coins to expand our roster, but I've been not spending any real money on this, so for now we'll stick with the default.
Old 04-11-14, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,352 Likes on 917 Posts

Just joined. I would toss in some cash for coins to build the alliance larger.
Old 04-11-14, 08:46 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I also joined (as "Mister Hand"). You may want to make it private too, if that's still an option.

How much does it cost to upgrade? If we fill up and more people want to join, I will also kick in some coins.
Old 04-11-14, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk God

FYI, anyone in the alliance should also link up facebook accounts. that way you get a constant stream of gift ISO from other players.
Old 04-11-14, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just made the group private. I wasn't sure if that would make it so people couldn't find it, but I don't see any way to invite people, so hopefully it still shows up in searches.

It's $5 (600 hero points) to add a sixth person. I'm not sure if that per-person rate goes up or down or stays the same as an alliance gets larger. If we hit our cap and people are still wanting to join, we can figure out the best way to handle it.

I've thought about linking my Facebook, but don't want the app spamming my friends with 'maxfisher77 just defeated Loki! Download this app now!' crap. If it doesn't do that, I'd be happy to link up on Facebook with everyone in the alliance. I really enjoy the game, but at least on mobile, it sucks at providing info on things like alliances & Facebook linking.
Old 04-11-14, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk God

You can change the settings where it doesn't spam your friends. Also, it's just linking accounts of people who play the game, so when they win ISO or other sharable prizes, only the people who play the game get those things. And IIRC, the notifications are within the game only, not on facebook.
Old 04-11-14, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

I'm definitely down to join the alliance if there's room.
Old 04-11-14, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Requested to join too.
Old 04-11-14, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,867 Likes on 1,444 Posts

Requested too. I'll throw in some coin too.

Like I said before, though, my team isn't the greatest. I learned too late that it's better to concentrate on leveling guys with full covers, so I have no maxed out characters at the moment. So if you guys are leagues ahead I don't want to lag behind. Also the hero restriction on this venom event is pretty crappy. I'm not leveling up Hawkeye just to use him here (they really need to boost him or at least allow you to pick the placement of his countdown tiles).
Old 04-11-14, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by fujishig
Also the hero restriction on this venom event is pretty crappy. I'm not leveling up Hawkeye just to use him here (they really need to boost him or at least allow you to pick the placement of his countdown tiles).
I can agree with this. I have many of the 3 star characters for this event (Psyloke, Black Panther), but they aren't leveled up very much. So I have to rely on my some of my most crappy characters I abandoned long ago, like Iron Man and standard wolverine to even fight. I've got like 3 guys who are 80 and scores more above 50 and I can't use any of them.
Old 04-11-14, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ok, I promoted the four of you who'd joined to commander and paid 600 to open up a sixth spot for the next person who wants in. It looks like the price for each new spot goes up by 100. If you're in the alliance and want to join up on Facebook as well, send me a pm and I'll send a link to my profile there.

I flipped through everyone's rosters, have you guys been paying cash, or have you just unlocked that many spots with hero points earned in game? I've been playing just about daily since the day this thread was posted about it and thought I was doing good to have unlocked 18 spots. Seeing as how I finally plunked down some real money to expand the alliance, I went ahead and opened another spot with some of the leftover points, but am still way below some of you in terms of roster size.
Old 04-11-14, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Onlypaid once for is. All the coins i have earned are through the game. It is a grind but it shows you can succeed at p2p games.
Old 04-11-14, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk God

I just paid 700 to open up a 7th slot.
Old 04-11-14, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I opened the 8th slot.

Yea, I paid money, after it sucked me in. Because I started super late, I'm way behind (I just got to the Ragnarok daily prize this week). I'm at the point where I see the top end as almost unattainable, so I don't think I'm going to sink much more in (but we'll see when the next sale is). They seemed to make it much harder for newbies a few weeks ago when they stopped giving out two star rewards at relatively low point levels for events.

I wish I at least did a bit more research before I spent the gold like candy. Man it's tough to level up after around 70 or so...
Old 04-11-14, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk God

The good news is if everyone plays regularly, the alliance rewards are usually pretty good. You can build up coins and is quickly.
Old 04-13-14, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Still 2 open slots, I can get the next one if we need it.
Old 04-13-14, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk God

no need to open up more slots until there are people who want to join. also, we need to link facebook accounts if you are on there. me and fumanstan have been linked a while. it gives you a chance to gift iso and recruit coins. every bit helps, especially if everyone is linked and is constantly gifting.
Old 04-13-14, 03:36 PM

No Facebook link on Steam version.
Old 04-13-14, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk God

yeah, i figured someone has that version, but for those that have the mobile, linking up accounts is a no-brainer.
Old 04-14-14, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Some nice alliance rewards over the weekend. I really wish the majority of the events didn't end at midnight though. I was first in my group for round 1 when I went to bed at 10 pm last night. Woke up this morning to a message that I'd placed in the top 200. Also, I had one of the cheapest losses ever last night. Was in an easy-difficulty match against a team with Thor and only got to take one move. On the computer's second turn, he just kept unleashing special attacks that racked up absurd combos and took out my entire team.

Also, it's amazing what a pain in the ass Facebook has made it for two people with their privacy settings turned on to actually connect.
Old 04-14-14, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow, one move? I actually have had matches in PvE against the computer where he has Ragnarock and two minions who automatically generate green, and he just starts destroying everything after a round or two. Still not as bad as the sucktacular combo of Daken, Bullseye, and random minion with high damage attacks.

Where do you even connect to Facebook? The only time I've seen a link is after I get a reward that is shareable, I don't see anything in settings. Also, how do we connect, just post the name on the in-game alliance board?
Old 04-15-14, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So we've still got an opened but unfilled spot if anyone else here wants to join. The Alliance rewards they've implemented are nice, but it looks like to get the really good stuff, you need to max out your members (20) and then have everyone playing on the same specific events.

Just had a ridiculous round in the Venom event where I only had 4 or 5 turns. He basically would stun my whole team, get a whole lot of purple AP while they were out, then use it to stun them again and so on. It does seem like you occasionally get an unwinnable game, though I still enjoy it and it usually seems pretty fair.

Originally Posted by fujishig
Wow, one move? I actually have had matches in PvE against the computer where he has Ragnarock and two minions who automatically generate green, and he just starts destroying everything after a round or two. Still not as bad as the sucktacular combo of Daken, Bullseye, and random minion with high damage attacks.

Where do you even connect to Facebook? The only time I've seen a link is after I get a reward that is shareable, I don't see anything in settings. Also, how do we connect, just post the name on the in-game alliance board?
For Facebook, you have to have your account already on your phone/tablet via the Facebook app and be friends with the people you want to share with. When you get an option with the link to share, you click it and then select the people you want to share with. I think I've sent around 300 ISO and some boosts to Deftones this morning, though I don't know if those come through automatically or if he has to do something to accept them. Send me a PM with a link to your Facebook account if you want to link up there.
Old 04-15-14, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk God

yeah, i got them max. i've sent you a few things as well.
Old 04-16-14, 08:15 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am going to have to give this game a try. I saw it was free to play so I kind of ignored it. Most of these phone f2p games are aggravating to play.
Old 04-17-14, 09:41 AM

The F2P/micro-transactions aspect of this game is not too aggravating. I've spend a few bucks to be sure, but only to grow my roster (I like a big roster). A lot of that can be offset if you join a good alliance (ahem).

My biggest gripe is that there's no way to link your Steam game with your tablet game, so you have to start with one or the other and stick with it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.