Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-15, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

I just started playing this the other day thanks to my son constantly talking about it.

I only have the opening characters so how long should I just work on getting people and leveling up before even thinking about trying some of the events?
Old 09-28-15, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Save hp for roster slots. Go through a lot of the prologue, there is no harm in doing events, just entering will get you iso and things. There is 2 slots in the dvdtalkers alliance open, if you think you will be playing join up, it will also give you iso.
Old 09-30-15, 01:00 PM

Play every PvE, focus on getting 2* storm, black widow, ares and thor, they are the most helpful. Do not level up one or two three stars ahead of your two stars too early or you will start seeing a lot tougher battles in PvE because you will screw up your scaling. Only spend your hp on roster slots, nothing else worth doing with it at this stage. Try to get as many slots as you can, you don't want to ever have to sell a three or 4 star cover. HOARD all your iso. You will need it later. I finally finished Blade off yesterday, he is my 13th fully level 166 3* character. I have like ten more ready to level up to 166. I have less than 10,000 iso, I need over 1 Million!

Thick as Thieves as always remains my go to best ever PvE, finished out the legendary token at 48k points. Pulled:
4* Elektra black, 5th cover 1/2/2 from Legendary Token
4* Thoress red, 8th cover 4/2/2 from TaT token
Old 10-05-15, 04:47 PM

Do you guys still regularly play? I'm available to join for the upcoming Galactus event.
Old 10-05-15, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Marvel Puzzle Quest Dark Reign is official for the XO. Price is $14.99. NO MICROTRANSACTIONS, Online play.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BAePqVuh_Vg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 10-05-15, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I'm not even sure how you take out the microtransactions from this game. I'll watch the video later, but is there a story mode or something (that's hopefully better than the mobile story mode)?
Old 10-05-15, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by danfindlay
Do you guys still regularly play? I'm available to join for the upcoming Galactus event.
Theres about 12 players in our alliance that play daily. not that powerful.
Old 10-05-15, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 555 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
I'm not even sure how you take out the microtransactions from this game. I'll watch the video later, but is there a story mode or something (that's hopefully better than the mobile story mode)?
They're going back to the format of the old "good" Puzzle Quest games with actual rpg style leveling up/progression not paywalls.
Old 10-05-15, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd come back if that were the case. It was the reason I got into M:PQ in the first place and the microtransactions and daily grind were why I left.

Looking at that image, I actually had every one of those except the upper right (who's that?) when I quit about a year ago!
Old 10-08-15, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is your friendly reminder that the Anniversary week starts in about an hour. There will be double ISO for all of the Anniversary week events and cheap tokens. If you haven't played for a while, it is a good time to dip your toes back into the waters of the crack lake.
Old 10-08-15, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by orangecrush
This is your friendly reminder that the Anniversary week starts in about an hour. There will be double ISO for all of the Anniversary week events and cheap tokens. If you haven't played for a while, it is a good time to dip your toes back into the waters of the crack lake.
Obviously the servers are down...
Took an hour to come up for me. I don't have a Jean Grey, that will hinder my progress unfortunately. I do have the other essential characters

Last edited by mh4268; 10-08-15 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-08-15, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mh4268
Obviously the servers are down...
Took an hour to come up for me. I don't have a Jean Grey, that will hinder my progress unfortunately. I do have the other essential characters
It's annoying that she is essetial. Most of the others, you can use multiple characters. I predict that on rounds 7 & 8, the boss is going to be extreamly tough to beat.
Old 10-08-15, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by orangecrush
It's annoying that she is essetial. Most of the others, you can use multiple characters. I predict that on rounds 7 & 8, the boss is going to be extreamly tough to beat.
On Level one a suped Iron Fist just destoryed Galactus. I have to wait until tonight to see how he is for round 2.

My anniversary and Galactus tokens have netted nothing so far.
Old 10-08-15, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yikes, he got hard in round 3. I dont see us picking up cyclops.
Old 10-09-15, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

And now round 4. It's game over man if you can't stop him early.

What are you using to take him down? I use Patch, OBW, and a character who doesn't tank black (usually 2* Marvel). OBW is a must for me since I can steal colors with her purple and black, and buy some more time on the timers with her blue. Patch helps because once you get his strike tiles out, OBW's black hits that much harder. But, I'm going through color boosts like butter (blue/purp and the rainbow).
Old 10-09-15, 08:07 PM

There is a 75% chance to draw a 2* from the anniversary tokens. Very disappointed. The odds are actually worse than on a heroic token.
Old 10-09-15, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Gooter
And now round 4. It's game over man if you can't stop him early.

What are you using to take him down? I use Patch, OBW, and a character who doesn't tank black (usually 2* Marvel). OBW is a must for me since I can steal colors with her purple and black, and buy some more time on the timers with her blue. Patch helps because once you get his strike tiles out, OBW's black hits that much harder. But, I'm going through color boosts like butter (blue/purp and the rainbow).
Yeah I am almost out of boosts as well. I actually use GSBW instead of OBW, her purple turning into green for patch is great. I also use human torch since he is really boosted, his red does a lot of damage and is quick. I don't see us beating him this cycle. On level 3 I was above 60% victory, here I am 25%. I am trying to conserve boosts, it doesnt help that twice I went into a node after galactus and went too quick and kept boosts going. Argh
Old 10-09-15, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There is a 75% chance to draw a 2* from the anniversary tokens. Very disappointed. The odds are actually worse than on a heroic token.
Last year I was drawing Devil Dinosaur a bit, this year nope. So far through Galactus and anniversary I pulled a Daken (useful), Captain Marvel (anyone have a great spec for her I am torn), but also a Fury so that was nice and a bunch of 2*. I was hoping for an anniversary vault
Old 10-09-15, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Yeah lvl 4 Galactus is absurd
Old 10-10-15, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope they do the limited player lightning rounds like last year. Like 50 players per event. I got a few tokens of that last year.
Old 10-11-15, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by mh4268
Last year I was drawing Devil Dinosaur a bit, this year nope. So far through Galactus and anniversary I pulled a Daken (useful), Captain Marvel (anyone have a great spec for her I am torn), but also a Fury so that was nice and a bunch of 2*. I was hoping for an anniversary vault
Carol is a gem at 5/5/3 because she destroys ALL shield tiles and her black has a two turn stun. Perfect for all of the increasing number of characters who use shield tiles and great for Hulk. Her AP generation from her yellow power isn't all that great because she has to take a power to get it to trigger.
Old 10-14-15, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They changed the odds, now it's like 50%
Old 10-16-15, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Remember what I said about NO Microtransactions? Well, never mind.

Marvel Puzzle Quest Out Today on PS4, PS3

Posted by Tim Tran on Oct 16, 2015 // Associate Producer, Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

Hello Marvel and puzzle fans. If you haven’t heard already, Marvel Puzzle Quest is out today on PS4 and PS3! For those of you that may be wondering what does this version of Marvel Puzzle Quest offer, let me share all these details with you right now.

Many of you may be playing this game on a device that you call home with, but I want to make it clear on what you will be getting on PlayStation as these are not exactly the same game.

First off, some players may want to experience Marvel Puzzle Quest without the free-to-play aspects and they should be very happy that they can play the game on PlayStation as a standalone experience. The game takes place in the Dark Reign era which encompasses much of the Marvel Universe all in one game and features more than 50 Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains. Players can jump into one of many story modes and experience match-3 in traditional Puzzle Quest fashion. In addition, play online or locally in Versus Event Mode to battle friends and/or foes in direct head-to-head matches which is a Marvel Puzzle Quest first. Climb the leaderboard as you defeat your online opponents and show the world who is the best Marvel Puzzle Quest champion!

With the upcoming Marvel Puzzle Quest launch on PlayStation, we have two DLC packages. The first volume is called Science Friction and it revolves around Hulk’s story line with six different episodes (where the Dark Avengers are trying to recruit Hulk and the Avengers are trying to stop them). Upon updating your game with this DLC, The Punisher will be automatically added to your character selection screen. You can then use the Punisher with your team to battle in the story mode or in versus mode. You can unlock Hulk by completing the “Hard” version of story. Trust us, he’s totally worth it.

The second volume is called, “The Case of the Cold Chimichangas” and this time it’s about Deadpool’s story. He has two huge episodes where he takes on the Marvel Heroes and Villains as he wants to take all of the ISO-8 all for himself. Similar to the first DLC, when you update your game with this pack, Doctor Octopus will be automatically added to your character selection screen. You can then use Doctor Octopus with your team to battle in the story mode or in versus mode. You can only unlock Deadpool after completing the “Hard” mode of his story.

We’re super excited to finally bring the Marvel Puzzle Quest fun to PlayStation. Please let us know if you have any questions here in the comments or visit us anytime on our social channels on Facebook and Twitter.

PS4 Link
Old 10-16-15, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fuck that. Give me a true console RPG Puzzle Quest where I have just one character.
Old 10-17-15, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
Remember what I said about NO Microtransactions? Well, never mind.
I don't think story DLC and character packs are the same thing as microtransations.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.