Osiris3657
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Hitman (2016: X1, PS4, PC)

Bet most are waiting for the complete version on disc, me included
Old 09-16-16, 03:28 PM   #27
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm glad I put in an order during the Amazon price mistake a couple months ago. It's coming in a nice looking steelbook set.

Spoiler:

Released in a day one edition SteelBook, HITMAN: The Complete First Season will deliver the ultimate physical version of the game, with over 100 hours of gameplay. Featuring all of the Season One locations and episodes from the Prologue, France and Italy to Morocco, Thailand, USA and Japan. Play as Agent 47 to take out powerful high-profile targets in an intense spy-thriller story across a world of assassination.

HITMAN: The Complete First Season features all of the locations, challenges, opportunities, Escalation Contracts created by the studio and Contracts created by the community. And it will give access to all upcoming Elusive Target live game events taking place after January 31st.

3 Bonus Missions Pack which includes The Icon and A House Built on Sand missions, plus the brand new upcoming Landslide mission.

Original Soundtrack featuring the original game score

The ‘making of’ HITMAN documentary charting the journey from showing the game to our fans for the first time before E3 2015, through to the digital launch in 2016

REQUIEM Blood Money Pack which includes the signature Blood Money white suit, white rubber duck and chrome ICA pistol

The PlayStation 4 version includes the 6 additional exclusive The Sarajevo Six missions
Old 09-16-16, 03:31 PM   #28
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

I got in on the same deal back in July. Pretty sweet set, especially at the price of $38 + tax.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 09-16-16, 06:20 PM   #29
PerryD
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've been tracking the collector's edition price, once it's under $50, I'll bite... the 10" statue looks great
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019WVLATM
Old 11-14-16, 05:39 PM   #30
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

So the first "season" is now available digitally, but I think I'll wait till 1/31 for that steelbook version. I have plenty of games to hold me over.

What was the consensus - did everyone who play it end up liking it?
Old 11-23-16, 02:00 PM   #31
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

Well, since they have the first season for almost half the price right now (PSN's Black Friday sale), I think I'll get that now, instead of waiting 2 months and paying full price for a disc and a steelbook.
Old 11-23-16, 02:18 PM   #32
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

I was wondering if the Steelbook was worth the extra $10 or so it will cost me over the PSN sale on the digital version. It probably isn't, but I'm not sure the digital one comes with the documentary and the soundtrack, so there's that....

Old 01-30-17, 12:44 PM   #33
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My copy from Amazon shipped today. I haven't really started anything new lately, so this will probably be my next game for a bit until the onslaught of Horizon/Mass Effect/Zelda.

They also sent me a code for $5 off my next game purchase. That was a cool surprised since I didn't see anything mentioned when I preordered it.
Old 01-30-17, 01:59 PM   #34
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

I got the code too!

Unfortunately, I already bough the game digitally and apparently forgot to cancel my pre-order of the Steelbook.

Now I've got to figure out how to return that without getting charged. Maybe they don't charge return shipping if you use their Locker?

Old 01-30-17, 03:12 PM   #35
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Or if the steelbook gets dinged up during shipping
Old 02-11-17, 10:38 AM   #36
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm enjoying this game a lot. Honestly, the episodic release was probably the smart way to go for them. Since I know there is a small chance of going back to previous levels when everything is unlocked now.
Old 05-11-17, 10:10 PM   #37
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition

SQUARE ENIX PARTS WITH HITMAN STUDIO IO INTERACTIVE

Square Enix has declared its decision to withdraw from Danish developer Io Interactive. The company made the announcement alongside its financial results for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017 – released today.

“To maximize player satisfaction as well as market potential going forward, we are focusing our resources and energies on key franchises and studios,” Square Enix said in its statement. “As a result, the Company has regrettably decided to withdraw from the business of Io Interactive, a wholly‐owned subsidiary and a Danish corporation, as of March 31, 2017.”

Io Interactive – the developer of Hitman and Kane & Lynch – found itself in the Square Enix stable back in 2009 when the Japanese publisher acquired Io’s parent company, Eidos Interactive.

What the news means for the future of the studio itself and the Hitman series is unclear. Last year’s Hitman Season 1 left the current story in limbo and, as of August last year, Io Interactive was planning for three seasons of the episodic game.

Io Interactive has been focused entirely on the Hitman series since 2013, when the studio laid off half of its staff and cancelled all non-Hitman projects and initiatives.

Word of the split comes alongside news that Square Enix has otherwise enjoyed “record-high net sales, operating income, ordinary income and profit attributable to owners of parent” for the fiscal year.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/...io-interactive

Do you feel that hope is fading? Do you comprehend?
Do you feel it terminating? In the end... Blame the world, and blame your maker.
Hello darkness, Say goodbye!
Old 05-12-17, 09:40 AM   #38
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm guessing sales of the last Hitman game didn't light the world on fire. It's unfortunate though, because the game is really good.
Old 05-15-17, 08:39 PM   #39
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hitman Rights To Be Retained by IO Interactive, Season Two Still on the Cards - Report

German website Gamestar reports that the rights to Hitman will be retained by IO Interactive, and the developer still plans to roll out Season Two of the game in the not-too-distant future.

According to the site (which cites reliable sources for its report), Hitman: Season Two is roughly 50% through development, on track for a release in 2018. We've heard before that IO plans to release three seasons of the game - there is no word on the status of the third installation at the moment.

“We can not reveal any further details on the origin of this information, but we would like to state that the information is absolutely reliable and secure,” said Gamestar. “And we expect that IO will officially comment on it next week.”

There is no official word from either Square Enix or IO Interactive on the matter, but if Gamestar is correct, we can expect more official information on Hitman's future soon.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...---Report.html

Do you feel that hope is fading? Do you comprehend?
Do you feel it terminating? In the end... Blame the world, and blame your maker.
Hello darkness, Say goodbye!