Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Old 02-06-16, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts
Re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 201

FWIW....two of are going back to this probably Sunday night, for sure Monday so we can do a bit of refresher course on the play. Anyone on the PS4 can add me. We're looking forward to the Buggy's and riding over zombies.
Old 02-06-16, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 201

This was one of those games from last year that I ended up really enjoying, but never finishing. It was on sale at Best Buy the other week for ~$11 (PC), so I went ahead and picked it up again. Really looking forward to getting back into this at some point.
Old 02-06-16, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 271 Likes on 174 Posts

I wanted to add you Buzz, but I don't have a headset for the PS4. It doesn't seem to make sense if I can't communicate with yall...
Old 02-08-16, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
I wanted to add you Buzz, but I don't have a headset for the PS4. It doesn't seem to make sense if I can't communicate with yall...

You can communicate thru the controller though the sound seems distant but for a long time I used some cheap ear buds from my Samsung Galaxy S4. You don't need a $50-$100 set. I'll switch between my earbuds and Skullcandy Player 1 still; I just cannot handle headphones for like 2+ hours.
Old 02-08-16, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered the Enhanced Edition. I'll waste so much time running down zombies with the buggy that I'll never actually play the main part of the game. That's usually my problem with open world games though, I spend all my time doing side stuff.
Old 02-08-16, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

While I'm looking forward to the Buggy's in the game I'm also wanting to get my hands on that Crossbow and no telling what other goodies they'll have in store. I'm betting the Buggy's will be like the weapons as they'll take damage and need repair since you can up grade them
Old 02-09-16, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I checked this morning the Following DLC did DL. When you go into the main menu you hit play and then get "Campaign - Be The Zombie - Play Custom Map"....and I haven't touched it yet....

From what I've seen there is no real requirement like finishing the first area or campaign but it is highly recommended you be at least Level 18 or above. My friend kanjji finished the game last night and I have The Clinic and the end to do. But we did talk about wanting to get four of us and do the Bozak Horde Mode. You can do with two but it's challenging in some spots especially at the beginning which we still haven't made pass yet. So three or four is the way to go.
Old 02-09-16, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Amazon finally fixed their price with the season pass, it's back up to $19.99 now. I kept putting it off until I started the main game. I guess I'll wait for a sale down the road.
Old 02-12-16, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We're liking the new expansion and the Buggy's are fun. You do have to pay attention to their upkeep just like weapons collecting parts and more importantly fuel. The zombies are tougher for sure. Even with weapons that have 1500+ in damage some take 2-3 whacks. The new Legend Level is interesting with points spread across five areas like melee, one arm weapons, two arm weapons, guns and I think driving...maybe.
Old 02-13-16, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Man there are some tough side missions. I ended up getting a headset and sending a friend request Buzz.
Old 02-13-16, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We got on this morning but we've had all sort of connection issues left & right. Neither one of us can stay in the others game long without being booted. And even in single player we get some connected error yet stay in the game. To make matters worse we've lost some items we picked up but weren't there when we got back on. Then sometimes we'll have a Safe House we unlocked but now is saying to unlock it. We bailed awhile ago but it was becoming really annoying.

I'll accept the friends request and when we get back on you are more than welcome to come in. We set it to Friends only because in the past some random would come in....usually high ranked...and just take the game over. We like to do a lot of exploring....so heads up on that one.
Old 02-14-16, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just to give you some advice.....

last night was "ok" but kanji was getting a bit frustrated being separated, going to fast and to far. She said she missed areas, missed crates, didn't get loot, didn't get to explore and felt like she was running "Clean Up" having to come in and revive us 2-3 times. That's why she said she was bailing to go back and "explore". She didn't even know about some of the Military and Cameo crates I opened which has some good Buggy parts. And we didn't really ping the Nest which could've had some collectables. We slowed down coming out and got some good stuff out of the Vans...I got a Orange Sword...so that's why we take a bit slower.

I died way more than I'm accustom to losing a lot of points trying to be on both ends with you in front and kanji behind. The damn mission was cool but I could sense she was getting left behind, didn't know where we were. missing exploring and forced to come rescue us. That's the reason why we don't even do random players anymore...they pop in...go straight to do a mission by-passing everything, no exploring, no looting...almost the same thing in Diablo.

So if we get on and you want to jump in just be sure we're all on the same page....still was a blast with three of whacking awya that much in the dam though....bodies flying all over the place...that was a hoot.
Old 02-15-16, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ugh, this game really suffers from not having fast travel, especially on the DLC with this monstrous map. It's so tedious to run everywhere. Even with the buggy, it's not that great since it doesn't give you guided roads to travel, it just tells you where the destination is and you have to figure out yourself how to drive there, what roads to take, etc. Annoying.

Hey Buzz, sorry if I was playing too fast for yall and rushing out in front. I had a good time, but maybe I should look for folks who are willing to play alittle faster if my style of play wasn't conducive to yall's style. I enjoy exploring and looting too, but not at a slow pace.
Old 02-15-16, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Double post
Old 02-15-16, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No problem but the there of us hacking away...that was a hoot. Yea we take it a bit slower, exploring and like the other two areas we constantly were finding stuff. We shoot for the collectables...like the Flags and Racing Trophy's. It's the same way when we play Far Cry 4...there is stuff the Devs put out there that amazes us

...and still haven't found what that symbol means we saw on the floor.....

When we get to the point of driving at Night I'll have to get you in. We still need to get our Buggy's up a bit more. We looked at the skill tree and from medium to expert you can get some crazy stuff for your buggy.

Yesterday even if you wanted to join was bad. No idea but I got kicked at least 10 times. And each time I came back to the same spot and an air drop was happening in the same place...it was just weird. I was about to give up. We opened up a few new areas but that was it. We're just driving a lot to get our levels up. But we still need to get together; be great with four if we can find one more. Good luck...
Old 02-23-16, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Late to the game for sure, just got my XBone at Christmas. Picked this up used but after playing about an hour I'm not sure this is the game for me. I absolutely hate platforming in first person games. There is no place for it. Please tell me it gets better. I picked up the season pass at Amazon before the supposed price increase just because I figured I'd like this game. I loved Dead Island.
If there is a lot of platforming going forward maybe I will just sell my season pass code and move on.
Old 02-24-16, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's been awhile since I heard that term...platforming...so explain what it is you don't like about the game? I will say this while you can play solo the game shines with two or more...much like Left4Dead which I played a lot of with the 360.
Old 02-24-16, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 435 Likes on 304 Posts

I think he means jumping from rooftop to rooftop - which honestly isn't too bad in this game, they make it pretty straightforward and not too hard.
Old 02-24-16, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The jumping via using the "The Hook" is the best part of the game getting you around fast and out of trouble in a lot of situations. If I remember correctly though the Grappling Hook didn't become available until about mid-way on the skill tree...might be wrong. In any case when it does, it changes the game play 100% getting you to places you couldn't think of; up and down.
Old 02-24-16, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for responding guys. It has improved since I spent a little more time with it. I was on that early mission with turning on electric boxes and couldn't reach one no matter how I timed my jump. Turns out I didn't even need to do that one to complete the mission. I did the other one which was much easier and it completed the mission. Kinda weird. The game is growing on me.
Old 02-25-16, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea...the first part when starting out with little skills what-so-ever is a bit intimidating especially alone. thankfully 2-3 of us started out the same time and while it's down to just two of us it's been a lifesaver. There's a few missions you almost need backup. I can remember us first doing any Night venturing...scared the crap out of us. I liked the UV Flares while she used the UV Light. But it's a trip.

Also when you start unlocking the "Flying Drop Kick or the Running Elbow"...that's when it gets downright funny. And nothing better than doing the "Pumpkin Smash"...via stomping on a downed zombie's head and seeing it splatter. But seriously...look for a co-op partner if you can, helps and is more fun. But great if you were on PS4, be with us in The Following driving buggy's and running over zombie's.
Old 04-27-16, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I finally managed to find a copy of this yesterday (Gamestop closing in PR means that literally the only place a person can now buy games from on the island is Walmart....jesus wept).

Starting playing it last night and its very nice so far. Not blown away yet, but the tutorial thing at the beginning is like most and isnt designed to be incredible. Nice graphics though i have to admit.
Old 04-27-16, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 435 Likes on 304 Posts

So how's the DLC? Is it worth $20? Is the new area any good?
Old 04-28-16, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I am gonna start getting into this over the next week and will give a more detailed impression once the game really starts to kick in. So far it seems to be making me very happy with my purchase, and all the extra content on the disc will be a happy bonus. Makes me regret not picking up the complete Shadows of Mordor package.
Old 04-28-16, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We stopped playing a few weeks back to dive into The Division and back into Warframe. We came close last night because of a new update...new weapons, new skins and new paint for the buggy's...but being away for awhile I told my friend I would need at least 3 nights in-a-row to get back into the swing of it. But you just cannot beat running over zombies with a buggy in a corn or wheat filed watching body parts fly all over the place. We'll probably get back this weekend...the game is a blast especially with 2-3.

James...the early part of the game is limited since you don't have a lot of the skills unlocked and you have basic weapons. It's when you get all the fun stuff like The Flying Drop Kick and the Tether Hook Line enabling you to move building to building covering ground fast. If you can find another person it will make it even better. There are some tricky areas especially at first...and don't go out at night alone at first either. The game as far as visuals is only second behind The Division in my book....they did an exceptional job on the maps. And wait till you get to the next two.....

Last edited by K&AJones; 04-28-16 at 08:56 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.