Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Division -- Xbox One/PS4 -- March 8th, 2016

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-16, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: The Division -- Xbox One/PS4 -- March 8th, 2016

Still haven't gone back even after all the updates......Fallout 4 has been a blast.....
Old 08-01-16, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I spent a little time grinding over the weekend and got everything up to 100% at the base. From there I spent about 45 mins in the DZ. Nothing too crazy happened. Ran into a couple guys and we took down some of the bigger enemies. No one turned on each other, but I also bounced pretty early and did an extraction by myself. Died right as everything was extracted, so that worked out pretty good.

Now the shitty part, also tried my first incursion. Played for about an hour and the highest we got was wave 4. I BARELY hit the level requirement for that area, so that might have been part of the problem as well. And I'm not even high enough to try the next chunk of DLC. So I have to either grind out some of the weekly challenges or re-play some of the missions on a higher level. Either way, I'm starting to have this Destiny feeling all over again, of wanting to play the new stuff but without grinding to get there.
Old 08-06-16, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The first DLC expansion is out now on PS4 (came out last month on XB1), and it's pretty good. The main chunk is different scenarios you can run underground and pick different handicaps to earn more credits and better loot. I've been getting loot drops like crazy. And the incursion is fucking bananas. You fight what is basically "the four horsemen," and they all come out at once. It's complete chaos, in a fun but sometimes frustrating way. We usually have no problem getting one or two down, but waves of guys also come out and spam RC cars that blow up, so that is when it gets frustrating. But I would say the loot alone is worth checking out. Hopefully more people pick it up.

Spoiler:
Old 08-06-16, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
The first DLC expansion is out now on PS4 (came out last month on XB1), and it's pretty good. The main chunk is different scenarios you can run underground and pick different handicaps to earn more credits and better loot. I've been getting loot drops like crazy. And the incursion is fucking bananas. You fight what is basically "the four horsemen," and they all come out at once. It's complete chaos, in a fun but sometimes frustrating way. We usually have no problem getting one or two down, but waves of guys also come out and spam RC cars that blow up, so that is when it gets frustrating. But I would say the loot alone is worth checking out. Hopefully more people pick it up.

Spoiler:
Is this incursion you speak of a team co-op thing? Other online players team up against this wave of AI?
Old 08-07-16, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, you can matchmake up to 4 people. From there, it's like an objective based horde mode.
Old 10-25-16, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Down to $16 on Amazon for PS4 & XB1. TONS of content for the price. I think they released a patch today as well to address some bugs and add some stuff. I'm going to dive back in once the the Survival DLC comes out.

Old 10-25-16, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

That's a great price but damn is this game tedious to level up and extremely challenging.
Old 10-25-16, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Down to $16 on Amazon for PS4 & XB1. TONS of content for the price. I think they released a patch today as well to address some bugs and add some stuff. I'm going to dive back in once the the Survival DLC comes out.

https://youtu.be/8ogOmF60lcg
I don't think they have released a new patch. It should be soon. I have played it on PTC (their testing site) and it did fixed many things and changed GS and level, etc... Especially those damn shotties in underground on Heroic level.

They also removed Heroic level in Underground.
Old 10-25-16, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by McHawkson
I don't think they have released a new patch. It should be soon. I have played it on PTC (their testing site) and it did fixed many things and changed GS and level, etc... Especially those damn shotties in underground on Heroic level.

They also removed Heroic level in Underground.
1.4 was released today. Tons of balance changes and the ability to change "world levels".
Old 10-25-16, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rob V
That's a great price but damn is this game tedious to level up and extremely challenging.
It can be challenging to go into missions under leveled, but it's pretty easy to knock out a couple side missions to get there. There were a couple nights where I just put on a podcast and spent an hour or two doing some side missions.
Old 10-25-16, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flashburn
1.4 was released today. Tons of balance changes and the ability to change "world levels".
Wow, didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know!
Old 11-22-16, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

And what a difference it made!!!! I stop playing this as soon as Overwatch came out. But boy am I pleasantly surprised by all the new changes. Putting some serious time into it again.
Old 11-22-16, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the base game worth $10? It's on sale at amazon right now. (PS4 version is sold out already)
Old 11-22-16, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

I'm loving this game after the update. Gear levels up with you, civilians actually give you cool stuff. Just too much to list....wish they would have done this in the first place.

Matchmaking is great as well, love how people just join your mission when you're well into it. Really love this game and have from the beginning, graphics are still top notch for me and I love the environment in general.

So I guess there are random NPC's you can run into now as well - haven't ran into any yet.
Old 11-22-16, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't touched this game in I don't know when. Two of us finished the campaign storyline and started in on some of those missions where it's higher enemies and need 4-5 and that's where we got stuck at because we couldn't find or get in a group to help us out. It's like you needed to complete these types of missions ( I think these were the incursions) to get better gear to continue to run them. And the Dark Zone was becoming a joke unless you went in with 3-4 since Ubisoft kept toying with it to favor more PvP instead of with a blend of PvP & AI.

I'll check the changes....I mean we loved the game, the look, the feel, collecting, vast environments, types of enemies and all. It just felt like the further ahead you got the narrow of getting something done due to lack of matchmaking and getting in with others which you really needed.
Old 11-22-16, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Krayzie
Is the base game worth $10? It's on sale at amazon right now. (PS4 version is sold out already)
Totally worth it!

For those that didn't like the dark zone now the main world generates around 12 named bosses that respond every 4 hours. But in tier 4 even the lowest red npc can drop 229 gear set pieces it's awesome.
Old 11-22-16, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What about the matchmaking with incursions? That was our beef when we stopped playing. That would be like playing Strikes in Destiny without matchmaking whereas you would need to actually get and find a group to run with.
Old 11-22-16, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can't confirm about the incursions. Everything I've read is that it's a huge waste of time if you're doing it to grind for gear. The world named enemies the HVT daily and weekly and dark zone our much better and proficient at farming gear. The dark zone npcs have been made easier to make PvP a better experience.
Old 11-22-16, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I cannot daily and weekly was all about nor the named enemies even remember what the. I just know at the time...months and months ago...we were trying to get into the incursions and it required to be 1-3 levels above what we were. We got a friend to join but we struggled and we just could not land a group to do any of them...which we were like, "where the heck is matchmaking on this"

And the last Dark Zone was when they did something about when you call in the copter and the line drops, it made it easier to steal the loot or something like that. In other words they were forcing PVP and take out the PvAI element....or at least that's how we and several others we knew were playing took it.
Old 11-28-16, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The new survival mode is absolutely brilliant.
Old 11-29-16, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Larry C.
The new survival mode is absolutely brilliant.
Is that only in the Dark Zone or happens anywhere? Two of us are thinking about getting back in but the most I've heard about is a lot of the weapons, backpack, storage, mask and ability upgrades. I honestly cannot remember the last time I was even in the Dark Zone but figure it wasn't good like being chased down by groups or stabbed in the back at the excursion point.

And one other question...we thought doing the Incursions was the way to go but it's been mentioned one thing to do better is "Named Enemies"....what and where are they at? Thanks for any help and advice....
Old 12-03-16, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Is that only in the Dark Zone or happens anywhere? Two of us are thinking about getting back in but the most I've heard about is a lot of the weapons, backpack, storage, mask and ability upgrades. I honestly cannot remember the last time I was even in the Dark Zone but figure it wasn't good like being chased down by groups or stabbed in the back at the excursion point.

And one other question...we thought doing the Incursions was the way to go but it's been mentioned one thing to do better is "Named Enemies"....what and where are they at? Thanks for any help and advice....
Survival is very unique in that you start with nothing in the main world, in a blinding snow storm with freezing temperatures. You can choose to play in 2 ways that the group leader must select and that's PvP or PvE. Both modes are the same except in PvP you can take out any other human gamers. The mode holds 24 players including you and your group. The object is to craft gear, weapons and clothes to survive the elements and the final thing you do to win is jump in the dark zone and extract. Doesn't matter what it is the object is just to complete the survival so the game can reward you with caches. The downside is that it takes a while to complete.

My personal favorite for farming gear is the weekly HVT missions. It's fast and tons of great drops. Just make sure that you are on world tier 5.

Good luck hope this helps...
Old 12-03-16, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also named enemies are found throughout the main map I believe they are about 13 and respawn after 4 hours.
Old 12-04-16, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for all the information....I still haven't jumped in since we've been on a few other games and cannot hook up....I'm not even sure what the World Tiers are anymore or what Level I am. I really need to check. I heard the survival can take up to two hours alone....which is like doing a Raid in Destiny. But it is for both PvP and PvE....doesn't cross over or mingle?

And The Named Enemies...they are in both the normal part and Dark Zone correct?
Old 12-05-16, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Thanks for all the information....I still haven't jumped in since we've been on a few other games and cannot hook up....I'm not even sure what the World Tiers are anymore or what Level I am. I really need to check. I heard the survival can take up to two hours alone....which is like doing a Raid in Destiny. But it is for both PvP and PvE....doesn't cross over or mingle?

And The Named Enemies...they are in both the normal part and Dark Zone correct?
Yes but the named bosses in the (light zone) only respawn every 4 hours where in the DZ I believe it's 15-20 mins.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.