Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-13, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

FYI, I posted this in the Video Game Deals thread, but you can basically get 25% off PSN Store credit if you have an AMEX card. When you login to your AMEX account you should have an offer for $25 back when spending $100+ at www.store.sony.com. They sell $20 PSN cards there.
Old 12-06-13, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was fun. Just wish I'd equipped my guy properly, and yeah, that glitch was odd. It's the only time I've ever seen that.

My latest distraction is that I'm trying to maximize my use of Overload, Volt's big area of effect attack. So I've been fusing whatever random cards with "Stretch", which increases the range, "Flow", which increases my maximum energy, and "Streamline", which increases my energy efficiency. The result is that my reach is now absurd, and I almost always have an Overload at my disposal.

I also finally got that crappy rifle up to 30 and sold it. And I got play with my shotgun for a bit, and I've gotta say, a shotty with freeze effect is a pretty good time. But the reload is rough.
Old 12-07-13, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Another good round last night but I still feel I'm not contributing much. Plus you make one wrong turn on these huge maps you get lef behind and lost. Sorry flash didn't get the blueprint...I guess I was luck as it took me I think five times to get all three. More than up to help out since ya'll helped me quite a bit.

On the Aura Mods...you can boost them up like normal ones right and in doing so it gives more points? i picked my first one up last night...+5% Melee for Warframe.

I didn't think I would be playing tonight...I've promised a certain 6yr old to play Knack (still haven't opened it up since saving for him) but he has a sore throat and won't be coming over...Mom says he's "ticked off". So I'll probably be on & off during the day...weather sucks here in Nashville.

Oh...my Dual Aklatos are maxed and using the single which sort of sucks in a way. Should I look at building the Dual Vipers, Gremlins or Broncos? I need to first see what resources I have but figure I need to look into a blueprint for a Primary and Secondary soon.

And picked up two more Keys..one last night and one this morning....have...

Tower I - Capture
Tower II - Exterminate, Mobile Defense, Survival
Old 12-07-13, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Haha don't worry about it, we were just trying to haul ass to make the farming go quicker. I picked up the blueprint this morning after FOUR more runs, ugh. I got all the Rhino parts cooking, as well as Galatine. Now I just need some Ferrite and a shit ton of money to build Gorgon and Rhino.

Sounds interesting. Also rare-ish?
Rarely obtainable after Update 10.4.0. Login Rewards are currently the only source of the blueprint.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Gorgon

Yeah, the aura mods upgrade like all the others, but they cost more to upgrade. Obviously upgrading them to max ASAP is a good plan given that they give you more skill points. Not really sure what good secondary guns there are. Seer is really good, you can snipe with it, and lots of damage, but only 8 shots. I'm going to try the throwing stars next.

Last edited by flashburn; 12-07-13 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-07-13, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yup, had a blast.

And we really were just zipping through to farm Jackel...didn't mean to leave you behind.

Which pistol to build? All of the above. So far, my favorite has probably been the throwing knives, or at least I didn't sell them. My dual pistols got sold, and so did my dual Vipers. The Vipers were interesting, but they really chew through ammo for what amounts to about a shotgun blast per clip.

I leveled those axes up to 30 and sold them, and now have the dual bladed staff equipped. It's pretty good, but not quite Galatine good.

17 keys.
Old 12-07-13, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks and great news Flash on finally getting the Rino Parts. Mine are almost done and I'll throw them all in for the 3-Day deal here in about 20-30 minutes. Rats...I was actually looking forward to about 6-7 more Jackal Runs.

I may need a bunch Ferrite as well and I'll probably get a "list" of what I'm looking for and need.
Old 12-07-13, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Only reason I'm hesitant to sell my weapons is I fear I'll forget some of the ones I've already levelled up to 30 and rebuy/build them at some point. They need to change it so it lists if you've already maxed a weapon even if you don't own it.
Old 12-07-13, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We should do a 20 minute survival run for Ferrite on Mercury. We'd get a void key too. Probably need a fourth to do it. I did around a 15 minute run and got a little over 1,000. Unfortunately Ferrite is a bit of a bitch to farm.
Old 12-07-13, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got all the Ferrite I needed, now I just need credits.
Old 12-08-13, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Some good stuff last night though a bit quirky in the morning. I'm getting a few of these who think listening to their music while playing is somehow entertaining...NOT!

Have the Rino in the cooker...about 2 days away. Also broke down and got the Viper BP and it's ready. I want to get this up so I cn make duals...what's the best way? Should I go for easy missions dealing lots of damage or harder missions with little damage?

Thanks Chess for the help and good we got in a few alerts. Sorry we couldn't do the Tower Defend...again. I spotted something on those tall Robot Walkers. They've almost timed the lasers getting inside making a bee-line. My Crush ability knocks them down but they get up after stunned. I need to see what my "Shield Polarize" does with actual damage. Maybe get Flash in. probably be on later this afternoon...4-5 central.
Old 12-08-13, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I turned off in game chat the first mission I played in. Way too many annoying people.
Old 12-08-13, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gorgon. That is all.
Old 12-08-13, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by flashburn
Gorgon. That is all.

So what about the Boltor...saw the Gorgon but good grief...need enough parts to build three or four guns but most of that is normal stuff right?
Old 12-08-13, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've heard the Boltor is pretty badass. Gorgon wasn't too bad to build, just needed to farm for Ferrite for a bit.
Old 12-08-13, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by flashburn
I've heard the Boltor is pretty badass. Gorgon wasn't too bad to build, just needed to farm for Ferrite for a bit.
I think I'll get the Boltor first and save the Gorgon afterward. The Boltor is Mastery 2 while the Gorgon 3. In a week or two I'll need to think Melee. My Dual Ethers are 24 and I'm just leveling up that starter sword to get it out of the way. I may go with the Orthos or Galatine for the Rino,
Old 12-09-13, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If either of you get a Tower III Exterminate key, please save it for me. I'm one part from building Frost Prime.

I have a Boltor in the cooker and will be able to equip it as soon as my Paris hits 30. Love the way that gun sounds. I see a lot of bows in use, but I fully don't get it.

In other news, I've decided that this game is fully legitimately a great game.
Old 12-09-13, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chess
If either of you get a Tower III Exterminate key, please save it for me. I'm one part from building Frost Prime.

I have a Boltor in the cooker and will be able to equip it as soon as my Paris hits 30. Love the way that gun sounds. I see a lot of bows in use, but I fully don't get it.

In other news, I've decided that this game is fully legitimately a great game.
Once again I closed last night and saw where you sent invite and I didn't see or get it...I was probably away eating homemade chili. I asked over on the PS4 forum just what is it that pops up when you get a invite? With the 360, you would get a small banner in the middle lower screen for about 3-4 seconds...can't miss it. Maybe it's just me...stopping around and checking all the scenery in the game.

No Tower III but picked up another Tower II. We need to set aside a night for Tower Only if possible or at least knock some out. Rino has another 30 hrs I guess. Maxed out the single Aklato and started using the Viper. Yea Chess...it's interesting and does chew ammo. I've got it to Level 15 already but it's a 50/50 chance on doing Duals after seeing the ammo go out. But I've put Fire, Armor and Pistol damage in along with Max Ammo and it's starting to do a job.

I think tonight Sony is doing another update. I saw it on a video game website somewhere.
Old 12-09-13, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I get notifications when people join or leave the party in the form of a banner. I always assumed an invite would work the same way.

The single Viper is worthless, but it would be smart to level it to 30 and then add a second one and rank that up to 30 as well. As a true "secondary weapon" to a rifle, dual Vipers are actually pretty great for emergencies, but they shouldn't be used as a primary IMO.

My Rhino hit level 30, I hit rank 5, and I'm one part from building a Frost Prime. I hooked up with some guys yesterday while farming, and we shared a few keys. We ran the Tower 3 exterminate 4 times, and I got blueprints for the Frost Prime helmet, a forma and 2 Frost Prime Chassis. Systems is the piece I need. I really want that frame!

Any Tower 2 or especially Tower 3 exterminate keys would be appreciated. I have 2 Tower 2s left.
Old 12-09-13, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You'll probably be able to trade one of your extra Frost Prime blue prints for the one you need once update 11 hits.
Old 12-09-13, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hopefully, but the systems piece is the hardest one to get. It's "rare" on Tower 2 exterminate and "uncommon" on Tower 3. I think I have one or two Tower 2 keys, and I used my Tower 3 last night. I'm really hoping to get it farmed before update 11 hits, because my fear is that it will no longer be available at all.

So at this point, if I'm not playing something specific with somebody else, I'm farming void keys.
Old 12-09-13, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why would it no longer be available? You should be able to find out easily enough by checking on the PC side (the wiki would reflect it).
Old 12-09-13, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I picked up a Health Pack of some sort in my gear section. I can add it but how does that work
Old 12-09-13, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Went to read the last page of this thread because a few of my friend are trying to find a game we can all play, and since this is free... but WTF? I have zero idea what you guys are talking about. I think I may need a newb course.
Old 12-09-13, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This game is basically Demon/Dark Souls in how convoluted it can be. You'll basically still be figuring stuff out even after putting 40+ hours into it. Just take it slow and have fun.
Old 12-09-13, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Also, make sure you disable autoaim and melee to camera options, they are both horrible.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.