Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 03-26-15, 09:13 AM   #1101
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Well good to hear...I guess my Keys were just Bad Luck....like all the T3 Survival ones I ran trying to get that Nova part and failed...which thanks to you got it. I'll swing home for lunch and get the whole Nova Prime going. Not sure about Volt yet...seems it's going to be a matter of luck.

I did see Sith (Martin) on last night and he was playing Bloodborne. I told him me and kanji had a total of (6) Alan v Keys made up and would like to try again this week. I pretty much owe it to him to include him and jfull since it was the four of us trying to get all the parts and Sith used 4-5 of his own keys that first run. Kanjji already has Messa thanks to a random group she got in.

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 03-31-15, 01:22 PM   #1102
chess
DVD Talk Legend

Friday's dev stream:

Note at 22:30 some of the new stuff from "Parkour 2.0". It's freaking awesome looking, and yes, the Sentients trailer was hints of things to come as far as movement goes.

Also, it looks like they are trying to make PVP more viable. I'm not super optimistic or excited about that, but we'll see.

The 8 man raid is out on PC, and it looks pretty interesting. Will be fun to put a clan group together.
Old 04-07-15, 07:12 AM   #1103
chess
DVD Talk Legend

So I've been playing around with some of the weapon augment mods, and a few of them are really good. My favorite so far is this one, mostly because it's for the Burston Prime, a gun I already like:

It basically replaces a Shred mod (30% fire rate and punch through) in my normal Burston Prime build, so I'm getting an additional 50% fire rate plus it now procs like a syndicate gun...in this case "Truth", which recharges your health and procs gas damage. I think as a practical matter, I'm finding the health recharge more useful than energy, since my builds all start with efficiency.

And when the Gammacor gets nerfed, this is your replacement right here:

The Vaykor Marelok hits like a truck (about 8500 combined damage), is accurate at range, has a clip size of 10, and procs "Justice" (Health plus Blast). In normal use, it feels a lot like the Brakk but with more range and a larger clip. Available from Steel Meridian.
Old 05-12-15, 09:29 AM   #1104
chess
DVD Talk Legend

New dev stream from Friday, in case anybody is interested. More info on Parkour 2.0 at 16:30, which looks really really awesome. Gripping and shooting from walls and ziplines will be a thing, and you will be able to perform some pretty crazy charged jumps from wall to wall. Spider-man is calling his lawyers.

In other news, I'm well on my way to making enough PSN credit in Warframe to pay for Destiny with no effort whatsoever. Mostly just hooking up new clan members with the ridiculous quantities of platinum I get from in-game trading.

I also did some work on the dojo recently. It's all painted and reorganized so all activities are nearer to the spawn. I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out, and for the most part, the clan is too. I think we have one of the better looking dojos I've seen.

On the new stuff:
  • Chroma - I'm a bit underwhelmed to be honest. He's a pretty amazing tank, but his AOE abilities are lacking.
  • Aksomati - Soma pistols. Not bad, but the crit multiplier could be better.
  • Dual Raza - Soma melee. Basically cooler looking Dual Ichors in terms of stats. Solid.
  • Kohmak - Soooooo gooooood! It's like they took the best qualities of Boar Prime and Kohm and stuffed them in a pistol with all of those delicious pistol mods. Really really fun.
Old 08-05-15, 04:21 PM   #1105
foxdvd
gamer for life

hate to be lazy...but I thought about playing this again...there are a LOT of changes since I last played...what am I going to expect going back in? Have the best classes been nerfed? What stands out now as must haves?

My Countdown Counting down to: THE FINAL
1089 days 18 hours 8 minutes
Old 02-06-17, 08:22 AM   #1106
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hate to admit I've been lazy on this game after 6-7 months away so I wanted to bring this back from the dead topics graveyard....

Two of us who jumped on this day one when the PS4 hit sort of took a long extended vacation away playing other games. Then out-of-the-blue this weekend we decided to jump back in and see what was new and just get away from the typical mainstream games...

Warframe might not get the publicity, notoriety, coverage, forum followers....but no denying the game is constant, holds it own, constantly evolving, growing and has a fairly large player base. And I would even say the devs have to be some of the if not most imaginative out there....I have yet seen a game out there that has characters come close let alone the various worlds, weapons, commerce, trading, buying, armor, types of missions, abilities.....the game really does keep you going. It was good to be back playing this again.....where you felt like accomplishing one thing only to have 5 to 30 things still to do changing by the hour.

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 02-22-17, 12:58 PM   #1107
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Interesting article....

http://www.gamesradar.com/warframe-f...orth-fighting/

Why now is the best time to play Warframe – the free-to-play shooter with 26 million registered users

Old 07-11-17, 08:19 AM   #1108
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Warframe's Open-World Expansion, Plains Of Eidolon, Coming Later This Year

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...this-year.aspx

Warframe has come a long way since its initial launch back in November of 2013. Since then the game has seen a number of facelifts, updates and content that have transformed it into something bigger than its initial offering. But the game's latest expansion, Plains of Eidolon, sees it expand into something else entirely.

Instead of having players take on a series of procedurally-generated missions, Plains of Eidolons drops players into a larger open world (which developer Digital Extremes calls "Landscapes") where they can interact with up to 49 other players. From a central town, players can tackle missions and explore the world at their leisure, finding loot and new quests along the way. This makes the game look like less like a mission-based shooter and more of an MMO/shooter hybrid, similar to Destiny. The expansion is set to release in 2017.