Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-15, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Advice needed.

I want to get back into Warframe. However I play on the XO and nobody I know plays it so I will be mostly doing things solo.

Previously I was struggling in really knowing what to do solo at all and failing missions.

So help me out. As a solo player... what should I be running to (slowly obviously) level up and start improving my gear?
You really need to find a clan, and it's super easy, as described above. If you're in a clan, someone will surely "taxi" you to some of the levels you need to farm resources and get new frames, and they'll likely also take you on runs for Nightmare Mods, Corrupted Mods, Void Towers, and other cool stuff.

But if you're absolutely committed to playing solo, you'll need a frame that you can play solo with anywhere in the game.
  • Work your way to the boss on Venus (Jackel) and fight him as many times as you need to get Rhino parts (helmet, systems, chassis).
  • Build those parts (12 hrs) after farming up the resources
  • Buy Rhino blueprint in the market (30K credits)
  • Build Rhino (72 hrs)
  • Buy an Orokin Reactor for that Rhino in the market (20 plat) and install it

Rhino should serve you well for just about any planet on the map. He's an absolute tank. You could also take him in just about any tower from the recruiting tab, and he'd be functional, and you'd get a ton of credits and prime parts by doing that.

Alternatively, and I almost never suggest this, you could probably spend 50-70 platinum in the trading market and get all of the parts for a Rhino Prime. Then it's just a matter of getting resources to get him built, which would also be the case with vanilla Rhino. And you could sort of factor in 20 platinum off of that purchase price simply because you won't eventually be putting a reactor on both Rhino and Rhino Prime...so in a way, it would only be 30-50 platinum. Just get the platinum (can't trade your starter platinum) and post in the trade tab "WTB Rhino Prime set 50P" and increase to 60P, 70P, 80P until you get a taker. You'll need to be Mastery Rank 2 to make a trade, and make sure the other person offers up all 4 parts (BP, Helm, Chassis, Systems) when you're making the actual trade.

Or....OR...you could just get a PS4, and I could get you started as I have for many others.
Old 01-22-15, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Gooter
Archwing parts built. Went to build the Archwing and I was fresh out of Orokin Cells. Can't remember, farm on Semeini Ceres?
Yup. And make sure you run around and open crates while randoms do all the work defending the core.

Yup, no potato on Nova. Worked out in my favor even though you were always on my case to potato her.
LOL. Nice. Being a cheap ass almost always pays off!

Just so you know, in the short term, Nova Prime is pretty tough to get. Takes sabotage keys, and most don't have them.

I have the Arcane Vanguard Helm for Rhino now so do you still recommend Rush? I'll look for the Transient mod now too.
Nah. Rhino Prime with Arcane Vanguard is as fast as any frame in the game. Literally the same speed as Loki.

Probably Continuity or Flow instead.

I also can build (assuming I have the mats) Ember Prime, Frost Prime, Mirage, and Nekros. Who should I build next?
I'd probably go Frost Prime first, then Mirage, then Nekros. Frost is a really fun frame if you throw a Rush on him, and Mirage deals a ton of raw damage.

I stayed on for around 1.5 hours after you logged and there were about 5-6 people still on (Blaise and Mccareen were the only names I recognized).
That's not too bad. If you notice anything you need but don't have access to, just post a request for help in the clan tab. I guarantee mmcareen helps you out. Super nice guy, and he's eager to pay forward all of the help I gave him.
Old 01-22-15, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chess
You really need to find a clan, and it's super easy, as described above. If you're in a clan, someone will surely "taxi" you to some of the levels you need to farm resources and get new frames, and they'll likely also take you on runs for Nightmare Mods, Corrupted Mods, Void Towers, and other cool stuff.

But if you're absolutely committed to playing solo, you'll need a frame that you can play solo with anywhere in the game.
  • Work your way to the boss on Venus (Jackel) and fight him as many times as you need to get Rhino parts (helmet, systems, chassis).
  • Build those parts (12 hrs) after farming up the resources
  • Buy Rhino blueprint in the market (30K credits)
  • Build Rhino (72 hrs)
  • Buy an Orokin Reactor for that Rhino in the market (20 plat) and install it

Rhino should serve you well for just about any planet on the map. He's an absolute tank. You could also take him in just about any tower from the recruiting tab, and he'd be functional, and you'd get a ton of credits and prime parts by doing that.

Alternatively, and I almost never suggest this, you could probably spend 50-70 platinum in the trading market and get all of the parts for a Rhino Prime. Then it's just a matter of getting resources to get him built, which would also be the case with vanilla Rhino. And you could sort of factor in 20 platinum off of that purchase price simply because you won't eventually be putting a reactor on both Rhino and Rhino Prime...so in a way, it would only be 30-50 platinum. Just get the platinum (can't trade your starter platinum) and post in the trade tab "WTB Rhino Prime set 50P" and increase to 60P, 70P, 80P until you get a taker. You'll need to be Mastery Rank 2 to make a trade, and make sure the other person offers up all 4 parts (BP, Helm, Chassis, Systems) when you're making the actual trade.

Or....OR...you could just get a PS4, and I could get you started as I have for many others.
I like the game and it is free. I am not averse at all to spending cash on it. Those guys made a solid game significantly more fun that... oh say... Bungie did.

And thanks. I will absolutely have to follow your prescription.
Old 02-02-15, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Well it was good to get back and play a bit yesterday. I pretty much got a lot done in destiny up to a point I could break away and get into Warframe. It felt like going from a 8th Grade Class to a 12th Grade with far more to do, soak in, explore and learn over again. Thankfully Sixth (Martin) and Frizby (Chess) were on and helped me get my Arc Wings going. If they weren't I'd be totally lost.

I just spent a great deal in the menus (aboard my ship which is better than just looking at from the outside...hello Bungie!). I still like the older "Mod Screen" layout when looking at the build of the Warframes and Weapons, just seemed easier to read and visualize of your layout.

it was good to get some out and just play with them a bit but mainly a lot of the basic stuff and not do much with anything fancy like the melee mods. Rhino Stomp, Nova's Prime, Loki's Cloak and Ember's World on Fire. I wanted to get them all out and play but not enough time. I did use Ember quite a bit on some Grineer and Infested defense and it was actually fun...Throwing Fire down all over instead of shooting it. Plus especially seeing (4) players instead of the normal (3) in Destiny with everyone using their abilities all over.

With a bit of help and guidance from Chess & Martin I also started my "Syndicate" which I need to read a bit more into. I got past my first step late last night when right before calling it a night up popped three Suda Alerts which I ended up having to do one solo...Excavation which was a bit tedious to do alone. I guess with the Super Bowl and all plus the network down...somehow I stayed on and was able to continue to play...not many were on and finding squads was a chore. All in all a good night but have a lot to catch up on.
Old 02-02-15, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Was awesome to see you on Buzz, and I was happy to get you caught up a little bit. After a bit of a quiet spell, the NeoGAF clan seems to be picking up steam again. Most nights, we have 10+ people online doing stuff.

Knowing you, I knew you'd get a kick out of decorating the exterior of your ship and especially the Christmas decorations inside, complete with lights, snow, bells and a snowman.

You're going to love the Archwing. Full stop. Right up your alley. Zipping around in space with a big ass sword is just full of win.

And yeah, it's hard to go back to Destiny when you have so many awesome powers and weapons at your disposal. Everything in that game just feels small and half-assed.

You'll get used to the new mod system. I think they had to do something just due to the sheer number of mods. Must be over 1K mods now.
Old 02-02-15, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Forgot to mention....got my first taste of the Death Squad last night also. Was. In a group doing three defense alert missions and about half way on the second the screen flickered. I was like you've got to be kidding, a Stalker on my first night back! The next thing I see are some Glowing Red guys and everyone starts pounding the cap out them almost ignoring the Infested. I mean it was a light show.

I went to the wire to read some stuff and also on the Syndicate. I then saw the bit on the Death Squads and figured that's what I saw. Whats really funny was I played with Lori Prime several times and finally checked his loadout. I had 25 points to spend. I think I slapped a Orkin Reactor on him and went to Destiny forgetting all about.
Old 02-02-15, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Loki is a beast. Built correctly, he's invisible for 30+ seconds with quadruple melee damage and the ability to disarm any enemy at any level. He's a lot of fun to play.

I think with the new procs, he's probably passed Rhino in my book and is right up there with Nova.

Yeah, the Syndicates send squads after you randomly. New Loka are the worst with a squad of ancients that do all kinds of area of affect and proc damage. The rest are pretty managable, and it's a nice little plot twist when they show up.
Old 02-02-15, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea, it's nice twist and add on, just caught me completely off-guard. I need to read into the builds more in case something is new or improved or been re-done. With Loki I've got the typical stuff...Constitution, Continuity, Streamline, Stretch, Rush, a almost maxed Redirection and it maybe Narrow Minded though not sure. I was temped to throw in something to help with Stamina recovery. I see some Mod called Shield Flux...converts some shield energy to stamina when it's low. I don't think I even have that but would it be worth considering or just don't worry since he's cloaked the majority of the time.
Old 02-02-15, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have Shield Flux but don't use it on anybody.

Loki doesn't need power at all, just lots of duration and range. I run Narrow Minded and Constitution, Streamline and Fleeting Expertise, Stretch and Overextended, and for defense, Rage and Quick Thinking.
Old 02-03-15, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Short but amusing night, definitely better than my shit morning in Destiny:

Helped Buzz level 5 weapons to level 30 in about an hour. It's always funny when people see the Excalibur/Trinity machine for the first time.

Got another Synoid Gammacor from my syndicate that I'm likely going to turn into 100-120 platinum before moving on to my third and fourth syndicates. That gun is amazing.

Also added a teleport system to the Clan Dojo to instantly transport to key locations (trading post/labs/observatory/obstacle course). And I did some dojo decorating or more accurately, removed some of the decorations that prior Warlords had placed.

Clan activity over the past few weeks has been great...seems like there's always 10-12 people online, and I really love the way the clan functions in Warframe with a dedicated chat tab and a purposeful dojo.
Old 02-03-15, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

yea...that was a fun night and I'm still shaking my head with the "Excalibur-Trinity-Rhino" Utter Destroy & Obliterate The Whole Map run....shame cannot use that in Destiny but sorry; no special powers like that. But thanks again for getting me on that even though I'm still not sure what "That" was....

I saw kanji on Destiny and surprised she didn't send a message. I'll probably check with her tonight since it's a new round and we try to get a Nightfall or two in the first night. I got one of those "Alan V" deals doing three Defense Runs and just what is that? Also it's been awhile but if I have time I'll try to check the Dojo out. Anything new or need for stuff like materials, etc...
Old 02-03-15, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Helped Buzz level 5 weapons to level 30 in about an hour. It's always funny when people see the Excalibur/Trinity machine for the first time.
Do tell. I know Excal's Radial Blind used to be a big deal but I thought they changed the way the ability worked? Doesn't blind enemies behind objects or something. And all I know of Trinity is she is the "healer".
Old 02-03-15, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I'm still not sure what "That" was....

I'll try to check the Dojo out. Anything new or need for stuff like materials, etc...
Nah, dojo is in good shape. I personally funded anything I added with the exception of the teleporter pods, and other clan members capped those off.

"That" was...see below.

Originally Posted by Gooter
Do tell. I know Excal's Radial Blind used to be a big deal but I thought they changed the way the ability worked? Doesn't blind enemies behind objects or something. And all I know of Trinity is she is the "healer".
So Trinity has an ability called Energy Vampire that targets an enemy and makes them give off energy when they take damage.

And Excalibur has Radial Javelin, which you know is a large area of effect attack that does puncture damage (great against Grineer) and hits through walls and doors, which means it can catch them in spawn rooms.
  1. Build both Trinity and Excalibur with tons of Range (Stretch/Overextended), Power (Intensify/Transient Fortitude), and Efficiency along with a Natural Talent to speed up casting ability
  2. Take that Trinity and 3 Excaliburs (or two and a Roar Rhino) to a small Grineer Interception map, where enemies constantly spawn when the prior mob is killed
  3. Spam Energy Vamp to create energy and Radial Javelin to absolutely wreck any Grineer who even thinks about walking into the room, sometimes before they even enter the room.
  4. Create massive XP/Syndicate Rep/mods/materials in absurdly short order.
  5. Collect a void key at wave 4 and repeat as needed.
  6. Watch Buzz try to figure out what the F is going on.

Last edited by chess; 02-03-15 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-03-15, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Of all my "Frames", Trinity is one that I never played enough but wanted to and never got everything down to fully appreciate what she can do. I know when she came out everyone was saying just how awesome she was but I really think it depends on what, when and how. I think mine is somewhere around Level 24 I'm guessing.

Watch Buzz try to figure out what the F is going on...did you see my Rhino move...I was standing there like a kid watching a firework show.

Probabaly run Nightfalls tonight on Destiny providing kanji gets on.
Old 02-04-15, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Chess...I just leveled up my Syndicate and I've got a choice of (5) Tower IV Mobile defense keys or a 8% bump with the logo. I'm just going to leave the system on till you help me choose since I'm not sure what all the Tower IV keys are and which ones are good or not.

Update...never mind because I looked up on the Wiki and saw what's offered and I already have them. I will ask which one has the best chance to drop the Argon Crystals since I need three to start out with. I've got some keys, just not sure which ones and how many.

Last edited by K&AJones; 02-04-15 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-04-15, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In that instance, I'd take the keys, because the % won't be worth using when you get offered higher ones at the next rank.
Old 02-05-15, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looking back at last night I should've just played Warframe. Sure I got some bounties but never could land a spot in Crota which right now just need Shards & Energy. I maxed out three other weapons last night and almost all my others are 2/3 or better....

It was good to talk to DieCast and then Gooter last night. Shame our play times are far apart. DieCast left and then Gooter just started.

Just did some Alerts and odd stuff still getting the feel of play and frames but like I said should've played Warframe instead since I could actually use some of the reward stuff being offered like Fieldron Sample and Mutagen Mass.

I'll be on Warframe tonight Chess and if you plan on the "farming" gig again I'd like in on it...I did enjoy the light show and maybe one time dust off my Trinity and give it a go. Plus once again I can probably get stuff I can actually use which I did the last time.

Hey...did you put a Forma or OC on your dog? I was looking at him last night...and other stuff...and I don't have neither. I really need to set him but not sure just how far to go with the Forma & OC. I just don't loads of it like you. Besides those Argon Crystals I could use some OC as well. I've got 37 but I also have about four Prime Weapons I could build but each needs that insane "10 Orokin Cells".
Old 02-05-15, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looking back at last night I should've just played Warframe.
Goes without saying.

Sure I got some bounties but never could land a spot in Crota which right now just need Shards & Energy.
I may just set up an LFG group with you sometime. You have a G-horn and can follow a plan, so I think you'd be fine.

Your ability to raid in Destiny doesn't revolve around anybody from DVD Talk, despite what some might think. I can show you the ropes, and you'll be able to consistently get through on your own with randoms. I'd go as far as calling the Crota hard raid "easy" if you're on the supporting cast.

It was good to talk to DieCast and then Gooter last night. Shame our play times are far apart. DieCast left and then Gooter just started.

Just did some Alerts and odd stuff still getting the feel of play and frames but like I said should've played Warframe instead since I could actually use some of the reward stuff being offered like Fieldron Sample and Mutagen Mass.

I'll be on Warframe tonight Chess and if you plan on the "farming" gig again I'd like in on it...I did enjoy the light show and maybe one time dust off my Trinity and give it a go. Plus once again I can probably get stuff I can actually use which I did the last time.

Hey...did you put a Forma or OC on your dog? I was looking at him last night...and other stuff...and I don't have neither. I really need to set him but not sure just how far to go with the Forma & OC. I just don't loads of it like you. Besides those Argon Crystals I could use some OC as well. I've got 37 but I also have about four Prime Weapons I could build but each needs that insane "10 Orokin Cells".
Yeah, I'll probably be on, and I always grab my syndicate rep.

Trinity used to be grossly OP, but now, with other healers (Nekros/Oberon) having more utility, it's tough to figure her role out. But her ability to generate mass quantities of energy is pretty amazing in certain settings.

I did put a reactor and a few forma into my digger dog, but he really just lives in stasis now, and I've moved completely back to sentinels, which are lower maintenance and have more utility, even if they aren't quite as cool.

If you need cells, try to join a rep farm on Draco Ceres. It's the one most people run, and it doesn't deliver the XP like Stephano, but it does usually deliver 5-8 cells in a four wave run. You can probably get in one with your Rhino and just bring weapons to level.

And seriously, get your mastery rank 8 test done!
Old 02-05-15, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for everything....

I've got in a just a few randoms through one friend in the group in Destiny and each time it's been cool. And each time everyone has had the right stuff...like either a G-Horn or Hunger of Crota...a decent Sword Carrier and followed a plan. The only one "not following the plan" was Crota sometimes doing some unpredictable moves.

I meant to ask about some of the Syndicate Mods I'm seeing being offered in Suda. I've got another step before getting them...a Orokin Catalyst & 100,000 credits...you were right about the expense but hey it's fine. Are these mods that good and worth it and just how do you equip them? I saw some for certain Frames and some for I'm guessing weapons?

Also Gooter asked me if you can put two different Syndicate emblems on at the same time and I said I don't think so...correct? Is there any reason to or not to rotate between the two or having some Frames wear one and some wear the other? I have the Suda emblem on all right now.

Back to destiny...I can see the expression on your face right now...if you do decide to grab me I'm sure kanjji and even ntlbornkiller (Dave) from here would want in. Heck maybe even Gooter if he can get on a bit earlier. You can always tell kanjji you'll help with some Crota runs if she comes back to "A Real Game"...just putting that in because I know that's what you'll say.
Old 02-05-15, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I meant to ask about some of the Syndicate Mods I'm seeing being offered in Suda. I've got another step before getting them...a Orokin Catalyst & 100,000 credits...you were right about the expense but hey it's fine. Are these mods that good and worth it and just how do you equip them? I saw some for certain Frames and some for I'm guessing weapons?
You can buy the mods with rep later. Some are pretty decent.

But for now, just pile all of your rep into the next rank rather than spending it. The goal has to be getting Suda maxed out and getting their Synoid Gammacor secondary, which is an absolute monster.

Also Gooter asked me if you can put two different Syndicate emblems on at the same time and I said I don't think so...correct? Is there any reason to or not to rotate between the two or having some Frames wear one and some wear the other? I have the Suda emblem on all right now.
You can only wear one sigil at a time. I swap them out when I'm doing Arbiters of the Hexis missions, but otherwise, I always wear Suda.

After I get a few more Gammacors, I'll probably move over to Steel Meridian and level them up (and Red Veil by extension), because I can do that without penalty, and I want the team ammo restore BP from Red Veil.

Back to destiny...
Nope!
Old 02-05-15, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You can buy the mods with rep later. Some are pretty decent.

But for now, just pile all of your rep into the next rank rather than spending it. The goal has to be getting Suda maxed out and getting their Synoid Gammacor secondary, which is an absolute monster.

You can only wear one sigil at a time. I swap them out when I'm doing Arbiters of the Hexis missions, but otherwise, I always wear Suda.

After I get a few more Gammacors, I'll probably move over to Steel Meridian and level them up (and Red Veil by extension), because I can do that without penalty, and I want the team ammo restore BP from Red Veil.

Nope!

Really now...I come home for lunch, go from Destiny to Warframe for some Alerts and who do I see in destiny.....hmmmm

Thanks for the Ceres>Drako tip...I actually found a team doing one and ended up with one Orokin Cell along with a Tower IV Defense key. For some reason though I didn't really see much drops especially Mods. I wonder if taking Helios off and getting a Vacuum instead to pickup.
Old 02-05-15, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I'm busted. Finishing up my raids for the week. Mostly done unless I decide to do the early parts with my Titan.

Draco should be crawling with mods and resources if you're in an actual rep farm.
Old 02-06-15, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the Farming Run and getting me the Excalibur parts which should be done already...my first Frame Build in God-knows-when. It was fun...and get a smile...to see you, Sith (Martin) and I running around together. Shame not better drops on the Tower Run. I looked at my inventory on Tower Keys...crap I have a lot especially T1&2.

After you left Sith (Martin) gave me a breakdown of Mutalist Alan V on getting the Messa parts. he's like to get some together when there are enough keys so we all stand a better chance. So I need to add that quest to the list of doing stuff...getting Orokin Cells, Argon Crystals, doing the Mastery Rank, leveling up the Syndicate, continue Farming, build more stuff, etc....And since Knucklehead Xur over in Destiny has screwed everyone again...either forth or fifth week...the only thing left over there for me is still trying to land a Crota Run and maybe next weeks nightfall so I should have plenty of time.

One possible bright spot...kanjji sent a message about thinking of getting Dying Light to play something different. I responded....."Warframe, Diablo and Far Cry 4...save your money for Bloodborne and Borderlands 2 Handsome Collection. Plus the reviews for Dying Light has been around the 6 to 8 range not exactly glowing". She replied..."you'll have to show me how to play Warframe again". Considering what Xur has to offer this week...again crap...it might be enough to push her back over.
Old 02-06-15, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Would love to see her in Warframe....might even help her farm that Brakk since my buddy mmcareen is doing it too.

Mesa is awesome and not as hard to get as she sounds.
Old 02-06-15, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hopefully get her in and at least start the Mesa Quest, get what's needed and then me, her and Martin run it.

That wasn't nice to tease those over in the Destiny topic with pictures of the secondary guns. I can't imagine if they saw a Soma Prime and Boltor Prime.....and if you might help kanji get a Brakk, might as well add me to. hmmmm...maybe if you just tell kanjji to come to a real game and there's some awesome gun called a Brakk you can help get. Or she can stay with Destiny and continue to collect Ascendant Shards, Energy and Motes of Light with nothing to use them on not to mention Rare Coins which has become as useless.

PS...need one small favor if you can. If you happen to be on during the day like this morning, can you send kanjji a note on getting the blueprint and build started for the Patient Zero Quest. It takes six hours to do and if she can get it going, just maybe we can run that tonight. Good chance Zane will be over tomorrow night so I've got to try and squeeze a lot in tonight.

Last edited by K&AJones; 02-06-15 at 09:53 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.