Reload this Page >

Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Old 12-21-13, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

That's odd. It popped up this morning. Must be a Vita thing.
Old 12-21-13, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Yea...I'd like to wait to stick the potato on a Mag Prime but not having a supercharge frame is not getting me no-where. I've got one or two Mag prime parts and missing one Frost Prime part not to mention a missing Seer part as well. I'll probably grab the $14.99 Platinum deal and buy another Forma and Reactor.

Congrads on getting your kid the Vita...or is getting the "Family a Vita"...hint, hint....
Old 12-21-13, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

LOL. I don't really do handheld these days. And it's not a Sony thing either. The only thing that pushed me toward Vita over 3ds was the 20 or so games I have for it from PS Plus and maybe remote play.
Old 12-22-13, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The problem is that Mag Prime is slightly easier to get given that her parts come from Survival missions. With the right group, you can run those for 20-25 minutes and get up to 6 different rewards per key. I think I got all 4 Mag Prime parts in 3-4 games. That said, Mag Prime is the same as Mag with one extra forma, so it wouldn't be too hard to duplicate her performance if not her appearance.

I'm really regretting not building Nova's parts and having her in the oven while I'm out of town.

And despite not really "needing" it, I think I'm going to pick up the 14.99 platinum pack just to reward Digital Extremes for making a great game with a very inoffensive F2P business model and for porting it to PS4. It looks to me like I won't be spending it on anything other than potatoes and slots, and I'll continue to sell duplicate mods and most of my keys, so I think it will last me a while.

Last edited by chess; 12-22-13 at 07:34 AM.
Old 12-22-13, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nova was ready this morning and I've got to play with her a bit just doing some Mercury Defense missions. I tried one on Venus and got hammered. Out of the gate she is very quick but sucks energy. For now I'm just using the Seekers and trying to build her Shield, health and Armor. To early to say without seeing her other abilities.

After nearly 8-9 run finally got everything for Valkyr. I got the chassis the 1st time and then six straight Helmets before landing the systems. Everything will be ready tonight for the 72hr cook.
yesterday played a great deal of Tower randoms and used three of mine. No Tower 3 exterminate though...that's a hot one and I didn't see much on that one. I got two more Frost Prime Helmets...I'm becoming a collector of sorts with helmets these days.

I too broke down and grabbed the $14.99 pack. The game has become a fav of mine...I can't remember the last time I played Killzone or BF4. I'm still amazed at the detail and size of maps. Plus with the latest update they added new stuff. I'll play this regularly rest of the year and first part of next. It's only when the new games start coming out that will be tricky.
Old 12-22-13, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The power with Nova is the one where she charges a bunch of enemies, and it slows them down. Then when one gets killed, they explode and start a chain reaction. She's all about crowd control, and she can do epic damage.

I'm definitely going to build Nova and should have done it already. I also have all of the pieces for a couple of others, including Nekros. But Vaubon is the one I really want after Nova. And Nyx looks a little crazy too.

I have two reactors, and I have no idea who's getting them. Same for my one catalyst. I have no regrets putting one on Soma, and the Galatine would be the obvious choice for the other, but I kind of want to build Dakra Prime first and that will cost 10 Orokin Cells. Yikes.
Old 12-23-13, 12:56 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know I am probably still a noob, but after 70 hours with this game I am so hooked it is not even funny.

I started out with the Excalibur. It was ok. Maybe if I go back to it I can really enjoy it more, but the first warframe I unlocked was Rhino. I put a lot of time into it and really love it for solo nightmare runs.

I got the parts for the Trinity and made one. This is were I absolutely fell in love with the game. I play in group. We have a solid Frost guy and Nova guy. At first I was working my Trinity to be a long term Blessing build (up to 20 seconds of team invincibility) but found myself using my energy siphon more. Now I can get the team 200 energy in about 6 seconds....over and over again. My link skill makes me almost immune to damage and knockdown.(it also synergizes with the nova's and Frost attacks since damage to me even friendly goes out to all the enemies around me..so it almost doubles the damage of that nova blast and avalanche of frost) I can keep it up forever...if the team is hurt I still have blessing. With a pool of 450 energy...the ability to recharge 200 anytime I want...and combo that kills most hard enemies with no effort (a glitch were you drop health drain then energy siph...and the game kills the enemy even bosses after health link drops) our team of 3 has no problem at all with level 3 tower defense keys. My team can just spam all powers non-stop.....

I love my hek shotgun. I am about to prestige(forma) it for the 3rd time. Finally got a seeking force(now up to 2.1 meter punch through) and it destroys mobs. Each shot does right at 2000 damage, and will pass through all material and up to 6 feet of enemy flesh.

God I love this game...
Old 12-23-13, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That is awesome, and yeah, once you figure out the systems in Warframe, it is an absurdly addictive game.

I know another guy who swears by Trinity. She's apparently a perfect boss killer when she's in a group.

I went ahead and spent the $15 on platinum. I really don't think I needed to given how easy it is to make a little here and there in trade, but I really want to reward the devs and support them more directly. It should also give me more flexibility to get a bunch of slots and build some of the more fringe frames that I haven't tried yet like Trinity or Nyx. I currently have Volt, Rhino, Frost Prime and Mag Prime, and I have 2 open slots, and I think the bulk of my platinum will go toward frame slots so I can have a larger collection. For weapons, I'm content to just have the blueprints in most cases, but I'll probably buy just a few more slots there as well. It looks like at least half of my potatoes and all of my forma will be earned in game.
Old 12-23-13, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chess
The power with Nova is the one where she charges a bunch of enemies, and it slows them down. Then when one gets killed, they explode and start a chain reaction. She's all about crowd control, and she can do epic damage.

I'm definitely going to build Nova and should have done it already. I also have all of the pieces for a couple of others, including Nekros. But Vaubon is the one I really want after Nova. And Nyx looks a little crazy too.

I have two reactors, and I have no idea who's getting them. Same for my one catalyst. I have no regrets putting one on Soma, and the Galatine would be the obvious choice for the other, but I kind of want to build Dakra Prime first and that will cost 10 Orokin Cells. Yikes.
I got the Nova up to Level 25...just couldn't stop. I started just doing the Mercury and Venus defend missions to build her up. Early on she is quite venerable. A few hits and she goes down.

I got a chance to play with three of her abilities...

Null Star (Seekers)...a cool companion to put on especially when using her best asset...speed. She can RUN! In the early mission these seekers can do one-hit kills. upper and tougher enemies...takes a few. A neat trick I found and funny to do was use Shade to cloak me and put Null Star on while enemies were just walking right by.

Antimatter Drop...I can see the potential in this. More of a distance or range weapon or like a "mine". You're got steer it a bit and face the direction. I'll have to play more with it.

Molecular Prime...this is her "Bread & Butter" go to much like Mag's "Crush". I like it and started using it in place of the Antimatter Drop. I can see adding Reach and more power this can be lethal in a large area.

Portal...haven't played with it. Like to toy with this in a group of friends to experiment a bit...hint, hint.

I took Chess advice and grabbed the Carrier. it's funny to see him just sucking stuff up when I go by. It sort of zips past your head. I suppose when you boost him it covers more area?

...which reminds me of a question concerning the mods. Prior to the update when you highlighted a mod at the top it would say..."boosting this (ability) will increase x,y,z". I don't see that anymore. So I don't know if boosting certain mods actually is doing anything and if so just what...range maybe?
Old 12-23-13, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fox...what is PSN so I can send a request.

I'm eying the Hek myself after maxing the Strum. I just wanted a shotgun and the Strum was it at the time. I probably have better mods overall with the shotgun than the rifle. problem is I also want to try the Bronco pistol which would be two shotguns at once.

Good to see someone playing with Trinity. I asked Chess last week if he had and it appears trinity is best played with a coordinated group which you're lucky to have. Don't see how she could work random.

I may ask if I can tag along on a Tower III run...mainly if anyone has the Tower III exterminate which I desperately need (missing that darn Frost Prime Systems BP).I can bring in my Mag since she is 60 but I'm still not where I need to be with weapons.
Old 12-23-13, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got the impression Fox might be playing on PC, but yeah, it would be great to have another in the crew, especially a Trinity.

On secondary weapons, I have the dual revolvers ready to go, but I keep thinking I might find my way back to the dual Vipers. The knives are cool, but I just like pistols. FWIW, I didn't care for the Broncos at all.

I can't imagine what primary would ever replace the Soma.
Old 12-23-13, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Since I've been away from my PS4 and can't play Warframe, I've been planning the stuff I need to do when I get home.

I need to...

Forma Frost Prime one more time
Forma Soma
Build Nova's parts
Build Nekros' parts
Rebuild a Viper or two
Maybe build Gorgon
Maybe potato Carrier's shotty
Get to the Eris boss and get Nyx parts
Get last Valkyr part from operation boss
Farm Orokin Cells for Dakra Prime
Old 12-23-13, 11:14 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I do play on pc..I have it on ps4 as well, but I am waiting for them to optimize it better..and I hear they are going to bridge the pc/ps4 version down the road...
Old 12-24-13, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Since you've been away Chess....

I maxed out Nova and bought a reactor to put in her. She's a whole lot better with health, shield and armor increased. I put Stretch and Power Efficiency and landed a Focus mod but I've left it at 5% for now. It's my only one at that and not sure if I'll bump it. I also landed a "Power Max" mod but no space for it. I need to look into just what everyone is putting in Level 60 Frames. I've always made sure to stick in a high Shield (320%), Armor (70%) & Health (240%) Mod but I've played with those attributes and do a separate topic on what I found.

Grabbed the BP for the Hek and it'll be ready in about 10hrs. I played with the Strum on a few Tower runs and it's ok...just a tad slow but good up close on the weaker enemies. I just like a shotgun for the extra up-close damage.

Lack one part (the Strings) for the Paris Prime. I've been looking at the Bows and wouldn't mind trying one.

Got a Tower III Key last night. Now to find the right time and team to run. I did about (4) of my keys. I didn't realize I had that many T1 & 2 keys. no problem getting people to run. Actually got in a few myself. Got in one T2 Defend...the guys didn't even use the lasers until 9th wave. Man...I've seen some weird abilities especially at that Ceres mission (infected defend).

Last week I just got my Rino to (30) and no spare Warframe...I landed Nova, Valkyr will be ready in about 36hrs and last night got all the parts for Ember. Now if I can land that all important Frost part then I'll be content for awhile.

I found a mistake that has actually tuned good. Somehow I installed a Catalyst in my Dual Ethers Swords which I've had a bit of fun with. I threw in some high % of Attack Speed and Reach making them into some whirlwind weed-whacker. Using them with Nova it spastic on the screen.

I see you want to get Nyx and maybe I can help since I have Mag & Nova built up or at least tag along. I need to go out a bit further; just don't see many that far out. I've seen a slew of people on Mercury and Venus missions. I'm guessing more are jumping in the game. Strange but for some reason I've got invites out-of-the-blue for various missions. No idea where but I'm game.

Hope you and family have a Merry Christmas and see you shortly...
Old 12-24-13, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sounds awesome. You're going to like the Sobek a lot, I suspect.

I maxed out Flow, Streamline and Stretch, whichever one boosts damage for powers (focus?), and I maxed out Redirection for shields. I'm not convinced that health upgrades are worthwhile compared to or even combined with shield upgrades, and armor doesn't affect shields, so it seems even more pointless.

My secondary is going to be either dual Vipers or dual Vastos, and for melee, I haven't seen anything that does the kind of crit damage the Galatine does.

My one Catalyst is going to Carrier's shotgun.
Old 12-24-13, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I did a little experimenting with the Redirection (Shield), Vitality (Health) and Virgo (20% Health & Shield) doing various combos on Nova...

With Redirection (320%) and Vitality (240%)... 540 Health and 620 Shield

With Vigor "only"...320 Health and 320 Shield

With Vigor and Redirection (Shield 320%) only...320 Health and 640 Shield

With Vigor, Redirection (320% Shield) and Vitality (240% Health)...560 Health and 640 Shield

By the way I was able to use the "Power Max" mod with the 25% increase. It took it from 225 to 262.5.

I came a hair of getting a Vastro pistol but after you mentioned the Vipers I to decided to give them another look and fine tune the load-outs. I'll play with them for a bit before grabbing something else. I came close to looking at the Kraken as well but I really want to get the parts for the Seer.

I have Streamline and Stretch up there but I'm not sure if I have Flow...I think it's Focus I have. I need to get some more of those "special" Mods. Need to see if we can get all of us together. I saw Flash on twice and sent a message but not response.
Old 12-24-13, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

By special mods, I assume you mean the nightmare mods, and I can give you whatever you need outside of Blaze or Hammershot.

I also maxed out vigor, so I'm not ignoring health entirely, but even then, I'm using it mostly to further boost my shields. I just find that no matter what my health is, higher level enemies tear through it more or less instantly once they get through my shield. Health also doesn't replenish, and shields do.
Old 12-24-13, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chess
By special mods, I assume you mean the nightmare mods, and I can give you whatever you need outside of Blaze or Hammershot.

I also maxed out vigor, so I'm not ignoring health entirely, but even then, I'm using it mostly to further boost my shields. I just find that no matter what my health is, higher level enemies tear through it more or less instantly once they get through my shield. Health also doesn't replenish, and shields do.

I think it's "Fortitude"...the one with knockdown and Shield Recharge I have up high. The recharge rate is something like 80% and that helps a lot. Just how far can Vigor be maxed? I was going to do it but wasn't certain what is the max level it can be and what the % of increase is.

I'll give you some Booster Mods if you like. I think I'm missing something with Heat in melee and Electrical/Shock in the Shotgun.
Old 12-24-13, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I really like a lot of the nightmare mods, just because they cover two bases with one mod. I think I'll probably end up using half of them regularly.

Vigor has 5 levels and max is 120 percent on both shield and health. With that and a maxed Redirection, I don't really miss the health mod at all. I've also been experimenting with Equilibrium, which I think I prefer to health capacity.

No need to give me anything special, though the trade system does require putting something into the trade thing.
Old 12-25-13, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

WellI took your advice and actually ditched both the Redirection and Vitality and then loaded Vigor to the max. Nova came out at 420 for Health and Shield . I also boosted Flow and Focus just a tad.Un-modded Nova's power was 225 an it's up near 340 I think. I've ran several low/mis missions and haven't died.

I did more Tower runs and got another Mag Prime part and wouldn't you know...I'm missing the "Systems" on her like with Frost Prime. I did get the partfor the Seer pistil and decided to bit the bullet and get that cooking.

And what I'm missing...no Heat Mod for the shotgun.

I've also encountered a bug with the Nova. In a few missions I found I cannot use Melee after I use the main gun. It happened with the Boltor and now the Shotgun. I hit the "melee" button and nothing happens but I can swap to pistols and back again...just no melee.
Old 12-25-13, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't ditch Redirection. I have it maxed and in use. If you remember, Redirection is the one that I spent almost half a million credits to upgrade.

My Frost's shields are around 1200 the way I have it set up with Redirection and Vigor.

I've also had the melee issue come up. I was actually playing a T3 defense with some guys from GAF last week, and one of them had that happen with his Rhino/Galatine. Fortunately, we had a good group that could cover for him.

I'll check and see whether I have a spare fire mod for shotgun. I'd be surprised if I didn't.
Old 12-25-13, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So just how high can the Redirection go % wise?

I thinking about doing a Forma on Nova. For one she has two Attack polarity slots and there are more Defense Mods than slots. In fact when you look on the Wiki under the mods for Warframes it appears there are only about (4) Attack Mods. I hate to do it because I'm having fun with her but it really needs to be done. I'll have Valkyr to play with a bit and can use Mag for my go-to on higher levels if need to. Maybe when you get your Nova going we can just run together to level them up.

I've posted the "Melee Issue" on the official Warframe Forums under Bug Reports. I cannot remember if this just happened after Update 11 or if any before...I think it's been after and has happened at least 6-7 times. I've also had the pleasure of finding more hidden rooms in Tower runs. The last one I think was a glitch as I ended up "above" looking at a entire area...like a 3D floor plan.

I also landed the Gorgon BP for a log-in...just not sure if I'll build or not. Has great impact but slash and puncture damage is lousy. Still has a large clip and may come in handy in certain areas.

Last edited by K&AJones; 12-25-13 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-25-13, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

According to the wiki, maxed Redirection is 440%, so 560% combined with maxed Vigor. When your shield gets that high, and you have 120% health from Vigor, the card slot you'd use for Vitality is probably better spent on offense IMO.

On the Gorgon, never mind all that slash/puncture stuff and focus on raw critical hit percentage and damage. If you use it that way, it's apparently only surpassed by the Soma.

Edit: and critical hits don't give a shit about faction.

Last edited by chess; 12-25-13 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-25-13, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I checked the Wiki on the comparisons of Warframes. Frost has a standard Shield of 150 while Nova 75. I'll check what I get with a maxed Vigor and the 320% Redirection when I get back this afternoon. Even though I just started playing with the Hek shotgun I'll probably build the Gorgon after all.
Old 12-25-13, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You should build the Gorgon and level it to 30 regardless. I've leveled up two really lame daggers just because I got the BPs for free from alert missions. Hell, I have the Soma and will still level up the Gorgon just to do it. For a bullet hose like the Gorgon, I wouldn't bother with any elementals and would instead focus on crits. I do like fire and ice for explosives though.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.