Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Fallout 4

Old 01-29-16, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 962 Likes on 590 Posts
Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by james2025a
Well i have fought pretty much everything i think up to this point in the game and the only thing that does serious damage to me is the Nuke Suiciders. And even they don't kill me, just knock a tonne of energy off. When i started playing the game i dumped the exo suit within about an hours play (it had been a while since playing the last game and i didnt think it was that important....how wrong i was). I was getting my arse kicked and then realized what a mistake i had made. Maybe now i could try playing the game without the suit and just leaving it at one of my homes. That would certainly make things more interesting. I have got the perk to be able to fast travel whilst over burdened so it certainly helps to an extent.

Gonna play this weekend though and will try that and adjusting difficulty.
Definitely dump the exo suit. That will help.

Personally I never liked the exo suits and have used them very sparingly. I hate having to jump out of them when you want to do most anything. Just used some of the cool legendary armor you can get and upgrade it.
Old 01-29-16, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Yeah i think will do that. I have a massive collection of gear in containers in the game so will have to look through it all and see what is good. I tend to pick up anything and store it for later in this game. I am using a spiked armor under the exo, on its own i think it would really suck.

I think this is gonna add some life and thrill to the game again. I have decked out the dog in decent gear already, and the chick is just in something basic. Will check to see if i can improve them as well though.
Old 01-29-16, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by james2025a
I think this is gonna add some life and thrill to the game again. I have decked out the dog in decent gear already, and the chick is just in something basic. Will check to see if i can improve them as well though.
And I still can't figure out how to put anything on my companions. I never have the option. I guess I need to youtube a clip on how to fucking do it. It's irritating.
Old 02-01-16, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
And I still can't figure out how to put anything on my companions. I never have the option. I guess I need to youtube a clip on how to fucking do it. It's irritating.
Click on your companion and when it gives you the four options click Trade. Transfer anything you want them to wear from your inventory to theirs then switch over to their side. Scroll onto the item you want them to wear in their inventory and you should see at the bottom it will say Equip. On the PS4 its Triangle i believe.

I gave the guy in Sanctuary a nice Exo outfit. Next time i go to see him i find he has dumped it and left it in a house. Ungrateful shit.

Well i had a few more hours over the weekend and i made it into the Institute and found out some interesting things. I was tempted to just go around killing everyone, but i have also joined the Railroad folks and gonna go through their tasks and then see what happens. At the moment it seems like i can take missions from the Railroad, Minute Men and the Institute. Not decided to join the Brotherhood of Steel yet as i don't want it to eliminate missions from other groups. Will finish up with the others first and then move on.
Old 02-09-16, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So i managed to complete the main storyline yesterday. The end of the game was quite action packed with destorying both the Brotherhood of Steel and the Institute. I then went and killed the Super Mutant living in the Radioactive wasteland that wanted me to help him revert back to being a human. He was pissed off that i destroyed the Institute, so no option.

It has been a great game, but i am not feeling the need to go back and complete the versions for the other groups. I still have a handful of quests to run, but most seem to be the continual protecting of settlements. I am gonna finish setting up their needs for each (food, water, defenses etc) and then build myself a nice house and call it a day. I used the Rocket Stop building to house a number of Exo-suits that i have modded up and its basically my Fallout Version of Stark Towers now with them all lined up outside. Once i have built my own Stark Tower home i will move them all their.

Timed it nicely with the updated version of Dying Light out today which i am picking up and Street Fighter V next week. Might actually finally be able to get back to Bloodborne at some point and finish that one up. Looking forward to it and also dreading that prospect.
Old 02-09-16, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts

Just finished it myself (except I destroyed the Railroad & the Brotherhood). The final battle with the Brotherhood was pretty darn epic. 4 days, 23 hours total spent--pretty darn quality time, definitely got my money's worth out of that one, and I'll probably do the DLC. Loved the game overall.
Old 02-09-16, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Played a little after downloading the new patch on ps4

Seems to run better
Old 02-10-16, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn i had no idea the MacCready perk was bugged

I was wondering why my headshots were at 95% accuracy everytime in VATS

Guess they finally patched it
Old 02-12-16, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by redrum
Damn i had no idea the MacCready perk was bugged

I was wondering why my headshots were at 95% accuracy everytime in VATS

Guess they finally patched it
I read about that one, so even though I was mostly a sneaky sniper I didn't get that perk until totally done with the game. I'm glad they fixed it before any DLC, it was fun for messing around with but I didn't really want to actually play any new stuff with it.
Old 02-12-16, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 180 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by redrum
Played a little after downloading the new patch on ps4

Seems to run better
Does it look better as well? Supposedly overall graphical enhancements were made.
Old 02-15-16, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got the update - graphics do look a lot better - no more faded washed out garbage (which really took me out of the game at some points) game play seems to have improved a bit as well.
Old 02-16-16, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts

Fallout 4 Add-ons Revealed, Automatron Arrives Next Month

Posted by Matt Grandstaff on Feb 16, 2016 // Global Community Lead, Bethesda Softworks

Since the game’s November release, we’ve been blown away by your support of Fallout 4. You’ve been an instrumental part of making the game our most successful title ever. The stories, streams, images, and experiences that you’ve created… and we’re excited to see what you do next as we begin to release even more content for Fallout 4.

Automatron

Price: $9.99
Release: March 2016

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain.

Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

Wasteland Workshop

Price: $4.99
Release: April 2016

With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures — from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers.

The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixie tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy, and more!

Far Harbor

Price: $24.99
Release: May 2016

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost?

Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures, and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

And more importantly: this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016.

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 on March 1st, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes — you still get everything at no additional cost — the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: Anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1stt will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.

Want a chance to play these add-ons early? We’ll be running closed betas for each of the add-ons on PS4. And you can sign up right now on Bethesda.net. In order to apply, you’ll need to create a registered Bethesda.net account. We’ll be selecting applicants in the upcoming weeks. Players accepted into the beta will receive a code to redeem the content. The beta is the full version and those participating will not have to purchase the add-on.

Beyond add-ons, we’ll continue to offer free updates to the game, including new features like the increased draw distances for PS4 players, as well as more optimizations to gameplay and quests. And something that we’re really excited about, a complete overhaul of Survival Mode that changes how you play the whole game. Food, sleep, diseases, danger, and more. We’re also hard at work on the Creation Kit, the PC creation tools that will ultimately lead to playing user-created mods on PS4. We’re currently testing both Survival Mode and the Creation Kit now, and more details will be forthcoming.

Thanks again for your continued support of Fallout 4. We can’t wait for you to play more!

Last edited by Decker; 02-16-16 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-16-16, 12:20 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,178 Likes on 833 Posts

Looks like I need to pick up that Season Pass ASAP. If I buy it at my local Best Buy, does GCU apply?
Old 02-16-16, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
Looks like I need to pick up that Season Pass ASAP. If I buy it at my local Best Buy, does GCU apply?
No. It only applies to new games. Not to DLC, PSN credit, consoles or accessories.

(*however it did apply to the Gold Edition of Fallout 4 which came with the game, the Season Pass and fancy socks)
Old 02-16-16, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

That sounds like some awesome DLC. I was on the fence about getting the season pass but now I'm sold
Old 02-16-16, 12:30 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Decker
No. It only applies to new games. Not to DLC, PSN credit, consoles or accessories.

(*however it did apply to the Gold Edition of Fallout 4 which came with the game, the Season Pass and fancy socks)
Damn. You'd think the Pip-boy Edition (which is what I have) would have come with that, too. I mean... I really feel like I missed out on the socks.
Old 02-16-16, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Oooh. Taxidermy options for my settlement. I hope I'll be able to mount the heads of enemies I vanquished on my hovel's walls.
Old 02-16-16, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thinking of starting this. Anyone recommend a good build? Saw a couple of builds on Youtube from that look interesting, just not sure of viability. The Scientist (power armor user, tech guns-lasers, gun shooting green shit) and Gunslinger (pistol focus) builds. Do you have to focus on one weapon type, energy vs ballistic? Is ammo a problem for either? Getting cores for PA a pain?
Thanks
Old 02-16-16, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmm. Glad I got that Gold Edition at Best Buy for the season pass at launch. I noticed not too long ago that one of the local stores still had some in stock, but on the website it says no longer available.
Old 02-16-16, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ammo is never an issue.

Cores, I haven't had an issue. But if you are a 100% PA user, that may became an issue. I also recommend against being a 100% PA user.
Old 02-16-16, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gooter
Thinking of starting this. Anyone recommend a good build? Saw a couple of builds on Youtube from that look interesting, just not sure of viability. The Scientist (power armor user, tech guns-lasers, gun shooting green shit) and Gunslinger (pistol focus) builds. Do you have to focus on one weapon type, energy vs ballistic? Is ammo a problem for either? Getting cores for PA a pain?
Thanks
Start with low Int, high Luck, get the XP boosting perf in the Luck tree, and then start bumping up Int until like 7 or 8. That will get you levelling as fast as possible, then just put points into whatever you want, because by the end you'll basically have anything you want/need.
Old 02-16-16, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,172 Likes on 902 Posts

Shit, looks like I also need to snag that pass before the 1st.
Old 02-16-16, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dammit. Add me to the list. I usually get bored with Fallout but I will just go ahead and get the season pass, take break and then once it has all been released, jump back in. Hell, I still have a ton to go with the regular game. I hope to play some different games one day on my X1.

By the way, did anyone ever actually play the game with the wearable Pip-Boy?
Old 02-16-16, 04:59 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
By the way, did anyone ever actually play the game with the wearable Pip-Boy?
please...
Old 02-17-16, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Guess I'm the odd man out....not excited at all for any of the DLC mentioned. Was expecting more story stuff.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.