Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Disney Infinity - Disney's Infinite Moneymaker

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-13, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Disney Infinity - Questions

Whoa. A skylander like game with disney characters? Will they have plane figures?

Kid loves Cars, Toy Story, Monsters INC and Incredibles
Old 08-16-13, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Oh crud, the initial wave of figures seemed a lot more boy-oriented, but I see the add-ons have a lot of princess-related stuff, and searching for confirmed characters it seems like they will be branching out. I hope the game is absolutely terrible so I can just avoid this like the plague (though I've heard that the developer's previous Toy Story game was pretty good)
Yeah, Toy Story 3 was a good game.

Originally Posted by Decker
Blind packs suck, but at least they're just stat-boosters or cosmetic changes. They're easy to ignore.

http://kotaku.com/the-worst-feature-...iscs-961601654
How can you possibly ignore a dumbo vehicle? How???

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Whoa. A skylander like game with disney characters? Will they have plane figures?

Kid loves Cars, Toy Story, Monsters INC and Incredibles
I imagine they will eventually release plane figures. Perhaps when the dvd hits?
Old 08-16-13, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

I wonder if the characters are going to be stocked in the videogame section of places like Target, and if so if they will just cut the Skylanders space in half, or further shrink some other section (like the Wii). It's going to get crowded once the new consoles come out as well.
Old 08-16-13, 03:47 PM

I wonder if the characters are going to be stocked in the videogame section of places like Target, and if so if they will just cut the Skylanders space in half, or further shrink some other section (like the Wii). It's going to get crowded once the new consoles come out as well.
When I looked at target.com, all the figures had different dpci's. This should make locating figures much easier. I also would have to assume that each character will now have it's own peg.
Old 08-16-13, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

I just got back from Target. They cut the Skylanders display isle exactly in half. They've got a shit-ton of these figures lined up and ready to go, from $9.99 and $12.99 figures to $34.99 play sets. Notto mention all those $4.99 disc packs. If this game takes off, it looks like they'll have plenty of inventory to keep everyone happy for a long time. If it doesn't sell well, expect a fire-sale because they're really going all out with inventory (way more stuff than I ever saw at Skylanders Giants launch, outside of TRU).
Old 08-16-13, 04:13 PM

I just got back from Target. They cut the Skylanders display isle exactly in half. They've got a shit-ton of these figures lined up and ready to go, from $9.99 and $12.99 figures to $34.99 play sets. Notto mention all those $4.99 disc packs. If this game takes off, it looks like they'll have plenty of inventory to keep everyone happy for a long time. If it doesn't sell well, expect a fire-sale because they're really going all out with inventory (way more stuff than I ever saw at Skylanders Giants launch, outside of TRU).
Playsets at Target are 50% off on Sunday so hopefully they all have a lot since I am hitting up TRU first.
Old 08-16-13, 04:20 PM

I just can't pull the trigger on Infinity because we've spent so much on Skylanders, are running out of living-room space (four Stanley Sortmasters of figures, plus all the Giants) and Swap Force is just around the corner. I seriously can't do it and my son is definitive that he wants Swap Force, not Infinity. Maybe I'll grab the Disney stuff if it drops significantly in price.

At one point in time, I think I pre-ordered some Disney Infinity Sidekick figure pack that was mispriced at Best Buy. Don't know if they ever cancelled that order or not...
Old 08-16-13, 04:21 PM

They never cancelled those BB orders. I have orders for store pickup on Sunday.

I am not sure what I am doing with swapforce. My daughter hasn't touched skylanders in awhile. She looked at the new sidekicks and put them on the skylander shelf and hasn't used them. At least with infinity they have toy box mode which should be decent. Also my wife loves disney crap so it should be easy to get her into it. If the reviews suck I'll return it.
Old 08-16-13, 04:27 PM

I doubt it will suck. The Kotaku article about the Toy Box sounded very encouraging. If nothing else, it's got to be more engaging than that multimillion-selling snorefest that is Minecraft, right?
Old 08-16-13, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I doubt it will suck. The Kotaku article about the Toy Box sounded very encouraging. If nothing else, it's got to be more engaging than that multimillion-selling snorefest that is Minecraft, right?
Yeah, looks like the big key here for at least adults is the Toy Box mode, they had a bunch of youtubers out to have hands on experience in the past week, the videos are starting to pop up, seems like everyone is talking about the Toy Box mode.

Young kids might go for the story mode.

So much potential with Disney. Star Wars, Marvel, Muppets playsets? Maybe even Studio Ghilbi?
Old 08-16-13, 04:51 PM

Of course there was tons of potential with Disney Universe and we all know how that one turned out....
Old 08-16-13, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Of course there was tons of potential with Disney Universe and we all know how that one turned out....
True, but apparently this one is being better received from everything I have been hearing/seeing.

100 million dollar gamble.
Old 08-16-13, 05:26 PM

I think I am going to buy 10 power disc packs on Sunday and hope I don't get any duplicate hexagonal discs. Apparently all the TRU exclusives will only have Mike's Car and one random disc. 9 more future TRU packs to buy...
Old 08-16-13, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what was noted on some French website, the TRU "exclusives" are all discs that will be coming out in Waves 2 & 3.

I think I'm gonna grab this for 360 on Sunday at TRU (with the 20% off coupon) and grab the two playsets at Target for 50% off. If TRU has the crystal McQueen car still, I'll grab that and maybe one or two of the other figs.
Old 08-16-13, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Shagrath
From what was noted on some French website, the TRU "exclusives" are all discs that will be coming out in Waves 2 & 3.

I think I'm gonna grab this for 360 on Sunday at TRU (with the 20% off coupon) and grab the two playsets at Target for 50% off. If TRU has the crystal McQueen car still, I'll grab that and maybe one or two of the other figs.
If you didn't preorder, the b1g1 50% might work as well. Save an extra 5% if you return the extra copy.
Old 08-16-13, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

I just can't pull the trigger on Infinity because we've spent so much on Skylanders, are running out of living-room space (four Stanley Sortmasters of figures, plus all the Giants) and Swap Force is just around the corner. I seriously can't do it and my son is definitive that he wants Swap Force, not Infinity. Maybe I'll grab the Disney stuff if it drops significantly in price.
Substitute grandson for son and this fits us exactly. Plus I'm fairly positive my wife would actually have that cow should this come in the door.
Old 08-16-13, 09:30 PM

Rumor is that each case of power discs only contains one of each rare (3 total rares). So if you don't buy a sealed case you're going to have a hell of a time getting a set. Each case has 24 packs. So basically you'll only have 8 duplicate hexagonal discs...
Old 08-16-13, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Krayzie
Rumor is that each case of power discs only contains one of each rare (3 total rares). So if you don't buy a sealed case you're going to have a hell of a time getting a set. Each case has 24 packs. So basically you'll only have 8 duplicate hexagonal discs...
So this is basically a baseball card collecting fiasco but just costing more money?
Old 08-17-13, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Will Best Buy pricematch the B1G1 50% from Target? I preordered the Cars and Lone Ranger sets from BB, but wondering if they would refund the difference from the competitor sale.

Thank goodness TRU is opening early, so I can go try to pick up that crystal McQueen ...
Old 08-17-13, 08:03 AM

Received 804 Likes on 523 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Substitute grandson for son and this fits us exactly. Plus I'm fairly positive my wife would actually have that cow should this come in the door.
Same here. I'm passing on this. I'm not gonna get sucked in on this one. Besides, we only have a Wii and it doesn't even seem worth the trouble with the console limitations.

All y'all have fun with it!
Old 08-17-13, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is the crystal McQueen have different skillets? Or this just a 'different coat of paint?'
Old 08-18-13, 06:51 AM

Walmart has the 3 pack figures for $14.99. On cell so not linking
Old 08-18-13, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
So this is basically a baseball card collecting fiasco but just costing more money?
Yeah, but only 2 cards for $5 lol
Old 08-18-13, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Is the crystal McQueen have different skillets? Or this just a 'different coat of paint?'
He also levels up faster. Don't know if there's any other game differences yet, since I haven't popped mine open.
Old 08-18-13, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Bought 8 of the TRU power disc packs

8x Mike Wizowski cars
2x Wreck It Ralph theme(?) has trees in back
1x Wreck It Ralph theme(?) has candy in upper left corner
2x Mulan horse
1x Alice in Wonderland theme
1x Up cane
1x Jack Sparrow coins

Anyone interested in trading .. message me

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.