DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

LOL. I see what you did there...
Old 10-06-15, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,012 Likes on 837 Posts

I'm just glad that I've maxed out the real estate and don't have to worry about that anymore. I'm doing the monorail for the donuts.

Originally Posted by bippitty
Toward the end of KL development you will unlock an attraction that will give you 5 donuts from time to time.
That's the main reason I still go to KL!
Old 10-06-15, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 371 Likes on 265 Posts

I've been visiting my KL for about two years and I don't think I've ever gotten donuts from Sideshow You.

I do find it handy for visits to neighbors' towns where it's tough to find 3 things to tap. I can usually find something in KL.
Old 10-06-15, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I've been visiting my KL for about two years and I don't think I've ever gotten donuts from Sideshow You.
Hmm, that seems odd. If you're tapping quickly, it's easy to miss, so maybe you have gotten some without noticing. It's not exactly lucrative. I think the numbers I heard were five donuts for every hundred games, and considering the game regenerates every eight hours, that's still over three months even if you're playing regularly.

I do find it handy for visits to neighbors' towns where it's tough to find 3 things to tap. I can usually find something in KL.
I admire your dedication. If I can't find tappable things, I just skip straight to the next town.
Old 10-06-15, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

iOS update showing in the App Store.

EDIT: Installed the update, and now the Unemployment Office is borked.

Last edited by davidh777; 10-06-15 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-06-15, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I guess I will miss a few $100K a day now that the Unemployment Office is broken.

Halloween event looks fine so far.

And yep... micromanagement FTW!
Old 10-07-15, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Man, the slithering amoebas are harder to spot than the snakes in the original whacking event. And the disco zombies look like they came straight out of Plants vs. Zombies.

Still figuring out this event, but it looks like I'd rather have zombie brains than snake eggs.
Old 10-07-15, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 371 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
iOS update showing in the App Store.

EDIT: Installed the update, and now the Unemployment Office is borked.
On TSTO Addicts, they say the Unemployment Office was disabled so that people wouldn't automatically assign kids to non-Halloween tasks.

After people have had a few days to get into the new routine, it would be nice if assign all would return. I was already used to assigning my monorail and SH tasks before before assigning the rest.
Old 10-07-15, 11:28 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

The critters EA is using in this Halloween event are really annoying, Whacking Day annoying. I didn't even noticed the small pink bunnies until tonight. Also, are the brains the hardest currency to get? It seems the zombies don't re-spawn in my town that much.
Old 10-08-15, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Red Hood
The critters EA is using in this Halloween event are really annoying, Whacking Day annoying. I didn't even noticed the small pink bunnies until tonight. Also, are the brains the hardest currency to get? It seems the zombies don't re-spawn in my town that much.
I think spawning zombies vs. snakes depends on which scary story you tell. I've been doing the zombies because the snake eggs don't look useful and the zombies are easier to tap.
Old 10-08-15, 08:44 PM
Banned

I'm doing the same, but when I go to other towns it seems that I'm always tapping the green snakes and purple bunnies. Every once in a while, I'll see a town with zombies. Still, EA should have made a little clearer the concept of this event and should stop putting too many currencies for prizes. It seems that it will probably get worse on Act 2. By the way, the event is 42 days in total!! Damn!!
Old 10-08-15, 11:10 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

To upgrade your campfire, you need to tap varying things. To get to level 2, you needed 200 zombies; 200 snakes for level 3; 200 rabbits for level 4. That's zombies/snakes/rabbits, not the goods (brains/eggs/ears). And, of course, the different goods can be used to craft different things.
Old 10-08-15, 11:44 PM
Banned

Thanks for the info. Just crafted the Spooky House and it prompted me to repeat the same mission that I had last year with Bart and Hugo. That's kind of lame. So far, it seems I will be able to get most of the prizes.
Old 10-09-15, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by JasonF
To upgrade your campfire, you need to tap varying things. To get to level 2, you needed 200 zombies; 200 snakes for level 3; 200 rabbits for level 4. That's zombies/snakes/rabbits, not the goods (brains/eggs/ears). And, of course, the different goods can be used to craft different things.
Thanks for the info! After switching to snakes to craft the spooky house (which I already have three of) to move the quest along, I randomly switched to bunnies, thereby wasting a round of nightmares because I didn't know I needed snakes to upgrade the camp. So this morning I switched to snakes, and half an hour in I upgraded to level 3 and now need bunnies. And now that I look closely at the nightmare screen, there's an arrow pointing to bunnies. I think they could do a better job of telling us what we're supposed to do. Regardless, I think I should be able to hit the levels.

On TSTO Addicts, they say the Unemployment Office was disabled so that people wouldn't automatically assign kids to non-Halloween tasks.

After people have had a few days to get into the new routine, it would be nice if assign all would return. I was already used to assigning my monorail and SH tasks before before assigning the rest.
I guess that's possible, though it sounds a bit like a CYA thing.
Old 10-10-15, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Upgrade level 5 requires skeletons. I know this because I restarted the bunnies because the arrow was again pointing to the bunnies, but I wasn't accumulating anything toward the goal. I then noticed there was a skull at the beginning of the meter indicator. So that's another half-day wasted.
Old 10-10-15, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Right now I am just going to concentrate and get enough supplies to get Hugo. Since this my first Halloween event, I don't have him.
Old 10-10-15, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

So as it turns out, I probably couldn't have spawned skeletons anyway since Bart was on a quest. Building them now.

I just tapped on Miss Springfield thinking she was a skeleton.
Old 10-10-15, 11:02 PM
Banned

The pet cemetery will spawn bunnies/snakes every 9 hours too. It seems that the goals are attainable if you have a lot of kids in your town, specially the premium ones that earn double of everything.

By the way, anyone know where I can find a list of all characters in the game? I thought that I had them all but when I visited a town I saw a Paris Hilton looking character and didn't know who she is or where she came from.
Old 10-11-15, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Red Hood
The pet cemetery will spawn bunnies/snakes every 9 hours too. It seems that the goals are attainable if you have a lot of kids in your town, specially the premium ones that earn double of everything.

By the way, anyone know where I can find a list of all characters in the game? I thought that I had them all but when I visited a town I saw a Paris Hilton looking character and didn't know who she is or where she came from.
Yeah, I should probably move the pet cemetery over by my campfire. It's tucked off to the side with the other holiday stuff, and I'm probably not refreshing it as much as I could. However, I don't really need any of the crafting stuff.

The Paris Hilton character is from the real-estate quest.

I got donuts from Sideshow You!

Old 10-12-15, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

House of Evil weekly challenge is now available. The house cost 90 donuts last year but it is free this time. Make sure you store the house of evil first as people are reporting glitches with not seeing the weekly challenges if you place the house initially. You can try to go to your neighbors or Krustyland to remove the glitch. The first challenge is to tell 4 scary stories. You will get 20 donuts for completing all weekly challenges.
Old 10-12-15, 08:12 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Is there an advantage to crafting multiples of the things that use the various resources? I have one of each now and can craft others. But not sure there is a real advantage.

I've got my campfire up to level 5 now and 35 zombies away from level 6. I am almost to the next to the last prize, The doughnut costume.

Overall I like this event and having to switch stories to change which item spawns is interesting. As long as I remember to check which one is needed to upgrade the campfire.
Old 10-12-15, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by chowderhead
House of Evil weekly challenge is now available. The house cost 90 donuts last year but it is free this time. Make sure you store the house of evil first as people are reporting glitches with not seeing the weekly challenges if you place the house initially. You can try to go to your neighbors or Krustyland to remove the glitch. The first challenge is to tell 4 scary stories. You will get 20 donuts for completing all weekly challenges.
I've got the glitch. Went to Krustyland, went to a neighbor, stored and put it back, rebooted the game--no help.

Wait, I just rebooted the game again, and now it works! I missed out on one story because I got the house last night and finished a story this morning, but I should be able to get through four anyway.

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
Is there an advantage to crafting multiples of the things that use the various resources? I have one of each now and can craft others. But not sure there is a real advantage.
The only item that seems of use is the spooky house, since that generates $ and XP. I also got the Impossible Tower because I didn't have that already, but it doesn't appear to do anything.
Old 10-12-15, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
I've got the glitch. Went to Krustyland, went to a neighbor, stored and put it back, rebooted the game--no help.

Wait, I just rebooted the game again, and now it works! I missed out on one story because I got the house last night and finished a story this morning, but I should be able to get through four anyway.

The only item that seems of use is the spooky house, since that generates $ and XP. I also got the Impossible Tower because I didn't have that already, but it doesn't appear to do anything.
yeah, I am saving my items in case there are other things to craft that I don't have in act2/3.
Old 10-12-15, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I'm saving my items too.

House of Evil challenges can be interesting. They give you 20 donuts if you complete all of them!!!
Old 10-14-15, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The second House of Evil challenge was interesting.
Spoiler:
Seemed simple enough to squish 30 zombies. I was spawning other creatures at the time, but I figured I could get that many by visiting other towns. Nope, those didn't count. Fortunately I was able to finish my campfire upgrade, and the next phase required zombies, but if I hadn't, I probably would've switched to them for one cycle. It seems worth it to be sure to hit the House of Evil goals because I'm in good shape on the campfires.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.