Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-14, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Originally Posted by whotony
If I wasn't so far along on FG I'd create a new fb page so I could find more neighbors.
I read somewhere that if you contact TinyCo, they can unlink the game from your Facebook account. After that, you could link it to a new one.

I hope that EA has some more content planned for Clash of Clones, I've got all prizes and finished the quest. If this is it, they vastly underestimated how easy it was to get this stuff without using donuts to buy the prizes up front.

The Comic Con event has been going on for quite a while, but TinyCo keeps injecting new stuff into it. I just finished Stewie's superhero costume, and working on Joe's.
Old 08-31-14, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by bippitty
I hope that EA has some more content planned for Clash of Clones, I've got all prizes and finished the quest. If this is it, they vastly underestimated how easy it was to get this stuff without using donuts to buy the prizes up front.
Agreed, I have been done for about 3-4 days now, and I think I sped up maybe 1 or 2 quests. Really boring event, not a fan at all and probably one of the worst they have ever done. Glad it lasts another 30+ days!
Old 09-01-14, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Last year in some forums they planned to have corn ready by Christmas Day.

I'm trying to follow on that this year. Anyone else interested? I think we are like 10 days away or so from the date when you have to start your corn.

And of course some people prefer Christmas Eve to Christmas Day.
Old 09-01-14, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

With the glitch gone there doesn't seem like there's much point in growing corn.
Old 09-01-14, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
With the glitch gone there doesn't seem like there's much point in growing corn.
What was the glitch?
Old 09-01-14, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I believe the corn glitch was like the former boardwalk-tile glitch: If it was done building/growing but you didn't collect it, multiple neighbors could come in and tap it and earn themselves or the owner big payouts.

The other thing with corn is that a couple of events have forced instant completion of crops, which in the case of 90-day corn, was a big payout. It's completely legit, but you have to know it's coming and just start it right before.

I've still enjoying the event. I play regularly (about every two hours during the day to collect nerds) but don't defend my houses and haven't rushed anything. I only have seven of the prizes (the last was the
Spoiler:
hot-air balloon
Spoiler:
2.0x multiplier!
) but am not worried about getting the others with over a month to go. More content would of course be welcome, or a reason to keep collecting (like an elixir/gold to donut converter) after the prizes have been achieved.
Old 09-01-14, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That glitch, the one similar to the tile, isn't working anymore. Story recently had corn ready and he only received one tap.

There may be another, that I'm not familiar with though.
Old 09-01-14, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't seem to get too many coins or elixir. I'm not really defending my houses. What am I doing wrong? Some of you guys have well over 10k coins.
Old 09-01-14, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 826 Likes on 547 Posts

Yeah same here. I don't even have 5k yet.
Old 09-01-14, 09:33 PM

It was easier at the start. Many of the payouts were cut in half.

My strategy has been to spread risk. One nerd per building, even one nerd per town. If you come across a town that looks like it isn't being defended, then attack more buildings. If you can, send nerds every two hours.

Use cheaters only against random castles.
Old 09-01-14, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Visiting friends and spending nerds helps. You can make yourself attractive to visitors (neighbors and randoms) by keeping your castles free and having a lot of houses to tap.

Did we get the reinforcement drop, two days late? I didn't notice till I was tapping my castles to release my nerds and got notified that I'd hit the maximum. Probably a loss of 30 nerds there.
Old 09-01-14, 11:14 PM

Received 1,910 Likes on 1,128 Posts

bippitty speaks the truth. That's how I've been doing it.

And yeah, Raul is right. The corn glitch didn't work for me this summer, sadly. Whenever my wife sees my playing Tapped Out now, she asks me how the corn is coming. Or if we run into a real-life friend who plays, she tells them all about how I grew corn and how it didn't work out. Considering what a non-gamer she is, it's kinda funny she actually knows anything about the corn or this game at all.
Old 09-01-14, 11:17 PM

If I got a nerd reinforcement drop, I didn't notice it. In fact, I'm pretty sure I didn't get one.
Old 09-01-14, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by story
If I got a nerd reinforcement drop, I didn't notice it. In fact, I'm pretty sure I didn't get one.
Hmm, I wonder if I just had 50 leftover that I collected and didn't use. I was doing a lot of projects today and may have just gotten distracted from the important things.
Old 09-02-14, 01:11 AM

The strategy I've been using the last few days is, attack randoms since they pay better, then one nerd to each possible castle/building in a town, paying attention to what the longest time to victory is. After I've used all of my nerds, while still in the last town, I go to my friends screen and then go to my friends list and log out so that it synchronizes with the server, although this part may not be necessary. Then I wait until my longest time is up, when I return after that I've won all or near all of the battles. Ended up buying a few sets of nerds on top of it to see if it would work and got this tonight:

Old 09-02-14, 08:28 AM

Wow. Okay, I'm trying it today.
Old 09-02-14, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I passed the 38K mark on Saturday and don't see any real reason to keep going. Attack the randoms, 1 nerd per building. Try to find people below level 43 or people with burnt down buildings as they are less likely to tap the shields. I tapped all my shields as I saw them and was checking into the game every 2 hours when I remembered.
Old 09-02-14, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
The strategy I've been using the last few days is, attack randoms since they pay better, then one nerd to each possible castle/building in a town, paying attention to what the longest time to victory is. After I've used all of my nerds, while still in the last town, I go to my friends screen and then go to my friends list and log out so that it synchronizes with the server, although this part may not be necessary. Then I wait until my longest time is up, when I return after that I've won all or near all of the battles. Ended up buying a few sets of nerds on top of it to see if it would work and got this tonight:

Damn....thanks for the help!
Old 09-02-14, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I tried it as well this morning. Gold is mostly my issue (just got the balloon, but I was able to play a lot over the weekend, less so during the week).
Old 09-02-14, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcheckel

Yep, that strategy seems to work well. I have also been doing that for the past 2-3 days. With the holiday weekend ending, I am now trying to synch my Springfield with my work schedule. The plan is to send all of my nerds out just before midnight, attack each target with only one nerd, only attack targets that will reduce in 18h or less (castles preferred), and then let the game run until I get home from work the next evening - waiting the requisite 18h until 6pm if I happen to get home early for some reason. Spend the evening doing 2h raids until 10pm, then wait until bedtime to start all over again.

I'm spending elixir to upgrade each castle to Level 18 so I can maximize the # of nerds I'm creating, then one final bump to Level 19 to maximize my nerd capacity - in case EA gets the reinforcement thingy fixed.

After that, I'll be hoarding elixir for the rest of the month. It will expire at the end of the event, and I can always spend elixir to buy hay or stocks or castle walls/towers/gates, but I'm hoping EA either adds more items that can be purchased with elixir, allows us to purchase parts for the other two castles with elixir, or possibly has a sale on elixir purchases. Either way, the stuff I buy will be mine to keep long after the event is over, so I'm going to definitely spend ALL of my elixir at some point.
Old 09-02-14, 05:50 PM

That's my plan with elixir, too. With the event running into October and what seems like so many people well on their way to all the prizes, I'd think they'd add something. Interesting, considering other events have proved too short or needed extensions. For once we're gonna get done early.
Old 09-03-14, 08:11 AM

I tried your method, Jcheckel, and I think it worked. I got around 4500 elixir and 1500 gold. However, I think right now I only produce like 40 nerds and have a cap of 70 and I didn't wait until I had 70 so my results were limited. I'm going to try to build up nerds later this afternoon after last night's new round is over, and then send out a full batch late tonight as I go to bed.
Old 09-03-14, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would try that method, but I don't think I can wait 18 hours to play the game.
Old 09-03-14, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Receiving a daily donut visiting friends.
Old 09-03-14, 01:21 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

So the trick is to send 1 nerd to each building? I've been getting small amounts of elixer and gold from attacking towns. Mostly its been friends.

In my game, I'm currently at the following levels:

Elixer 648
Gold 6114
Archer Lisa Level 5
Castle Recycle Level 6
Barbarian Castle Level 10
Barbarian Homer Level 8
Wizard Marge Level 2
Boxingham Palace Level 6
Goblin Bart Level 4

I think my Max nerds is 55 at a time? I my buildings produce 45 nerds at a time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.