Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Old 04-23-13, 09:54 PM

Received 1,790 Likes on 1,064 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

I cleaned up a ton at first but now when I uncover it I like to dump it all in front of the school 'cause I think it's funny. It's like Class of Nuke 'Em High up in here!
Old 04-24-13, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are some donuts hidden under some trash though.

I think there are specific places. Just look it up.
Old 04-24-13, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the eggs, for the two of you who left them, but what do I actually do with the eggs? There doesn't seem to be any way to open them or move them.
Old 04-24-13, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 980 Likes on 811 Posts

Originally Posted by Mordred
Thanks for the eggs, for the two of you who left them, but what do I actually do with the eggs? There doesn't seem to be any way to open them or move them.
Tap the snake icon in the top right, then you'll be in collecting mode and you can open them. Tap the back arrow in the top left when you're done.
Old 04-24-13, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man...I have 2 added people..hid a few eggs...still got a lot more. They are pretty impressive towns compared to mine. Gave me some good ideas though.
Old 04-24-13, 01:56 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badlieut
Man...I have 2 added people..hid a few eggs...still got a lot more. They are pretty impressive towns compared to mine. Gave me some good ideas though.
That was what I liked in getting more people added. I saw the way some people placed different buildings and moved things in my town to make something similar.
Old 04-24-13, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777
Tap the snake icon in the top right, then you'll be in collecting mode and you can open them. Tap the back arrow in the top left when you're done.
I have no snake icon in the top right. Might be because Homer is still completing the 24hr whacking day job for the first time, but I have no idea. Shoulda used donuts on that I guess.
Old 04-24-13, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 811 Likes on 538 Posts

Oh yeah Homer and Lisa both have quests that need to be finished before wacking day starts. I also recommend not using donuts to speed things up. They are hard to come by unless you spend real money on the game. But that's just like my opinion man.
Old 04-24-13, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, I guess that's it--if you just started the game (welcome!) then you'll need to get some things accomplished first.

I would also agree not to use donuts except for the premium characters and buildings. It's easy to spend them by accident unless you turn off that setting (instructions in the OP).

Confession: I have spent many more hours playing this game or even watching the Simpsons movie (twice) than I have watching Simpsons episodes (a couple, I think).
Old 04-24-13, 03:08 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Adboy151
Toddarino and Imprint egged -- I'll try to make the rounds again tomorrow.
If you want to include me, I sure would appreciate it! My user name is WilliamTBunny
Old 04-24-13, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just dropped a few on Gooter, WilliamTBunny, and ksm7179
Old 04-24-13, 03:50 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Just dropped a few on Gooter, WilliamTBunny, and ksm7179
Danke!
Old 04-24-13, 05:17 PM

When visiting towns does collecting the money above the snake rocks/logs/stumps speed up the hatching process? I noticed sometimes instead of a four hour wait it's much shorter.
Old 04-24-13, 09:25 PM

Haven't noticed so I don't know, sorry.

I've noticed it's a lot more fun to try to write words and pictures in people's towns with eggs than hide them behind buildings. I thought that was the fun thing to do at first but leaving them out in the open is much more sporting for people since we're trying to get enough snakes to get the rewards.

As for the message someone left on my Springfield in eggs, there are three images: one elongated row with a bulb on the end, an arrow pointing from it to eggs in the shape of... a box. If that's supposed to be the SNL "Dick in a Box" joke, well done, sir! If not, I must be tired and have to go to bed.
Old 04-25-13, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you use donuts to buy a whacking day item, does it bump up your collected snake total to that item's total snakes? Eg., Duff Stadium is 4250 snakes. If I just buy it outright with donuts, will my collected snakes total now be 4250?
Old 04-25-13, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This must be what my ex-wife felt like playing those stupid farmville games. Why is this so addictive?!

Does anybody know how to turn off the notifications? Having Homer shout out "Push Notification!" is hilarious... until it happens in the middle of a meeting. Looks like you have to mute the phone to not hear anything, but I'd actually like to know when someone calls me.
Old 04-25-13, 10:44 AM

Build > i > Push Notifications > Off.

I'll add that to the OP next to how to turning on confirm donut spend.
Old 04-25-13, 10:50 AM

Then why make it an option, I wonder. I always graffiti people before I tap their houses or businesses.
It occurred to me today that it's also the only way buildings like the school generate money. When you spray paint a friend's school, you get money and XP. And when they clean it up, they get money and XP. I think that since I can't spray paint my own buildings but can only clean them up, I'm going to do my best to paint other people's buildings but not do the clean up so they get some bonus out of the whole deal, too.
Old 04-25-13, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dogmatica
Build > i > Push Notifications > Off.

I'll add that to the OP next to how to turning on confirm donut spend.
I guess there's no way to keep the Push notifications, but turn off the sound for them?
Old 04-25-13, 11:06 AM

That I don't know. I always have my phone on vibrate at all times so I'll never have unexpected sounds for anything.

This guy maybe deleted the sound file and did some sort of code work / hacking to silence them:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=38283395
Old 04-25-13, 11:40 AM

I saw some rumor that there's gonna be a donut sale comin up soon. Somethin like 25% more donuts with each purchase.
Old 04-25-13, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

So this snake wandering around with a football helmet that I try to whack in other people's towns--that's the 5500 snake item? Please tell me it does something other than just wandering around.

Originally Posted by Toddarino
When visiting towns does collecting the money above the snake rocks/logs/stumps speed up the hatching process? I noticed sometimes instead of a four hour wait it's much shorter.
I think the FAQ said it did, and that tapping on longer-build buildings helps those along too. I'm not sure how much but it's interesting.

Imprint, I just tapped on your snake rock but I don't know if you'll see this in time to notice whether it will make a difference. I also dropped some eggs but not nearly as many as the person before me. But I might have left some this morning too--it's all blurring together.

Originally Posted by dogmatica
It occurred to me today that it's also the only way buildings like the school generate money. When you spray paint a friend's school, you get money and XP. And when they clean it up, they get money and XP. I think that since I can't spray paint my own buildings but can only clean them up, I'm going to do my best to paint other people's buildings but not do the clean up so they get some bonus out of the whole deal, too.
Hmm, I didn't even think about those non-generators, maybe because I use the school so often anyway. I know that some tasks only unlock with certain buildings but I've never been so desperate for a certain task that I want to unlock a particular premium item. It is something to think about, though.

I don't think I ever clean up someone else's graffiti. Maybe it's for the best.
Old 04-25-13, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

... and as soon as I post the above, I check the blog and they confirm it:

http://tstotips.com/2013/04/26/there...ber-of-snakes/

There’s a glitch in my Snake Rocks – I’m getting twice the number of snakes!

By TSTO Tips

April 26, 2013 //

While the Whacking Day event has been a bit glitchy, getting twice the number of snakes from your Snake Rocks (the fourth prize) is no glitch. If this happens to you, it’s because you have great friends who know just how to help you.

The three daily actions in a friend’s town include tapping on buildings, vandalizing or cleaning up graffiti, reviving dead crops, and regenerating the lemon tree. But during Whacking Day, one of the most helpful things you can do is tap on anything you see that generates snakes whenever you can. You get a small cash and XP collection, but the benefit to your friend is much greater.

Just like the buildings, you can only tap on the Snake Rocks, Stumps and Logs because they’re ready to be tapped on and your friend hasn’t done so yet. Your tap restarts the snake-regeneration timer, even if your friend does nothing else. And another tap four hours later starts it yet again.

That’s why you sometimes see the double snake icon above your snake-generators – not because there’s a glitch but because, while you’ve been away from the game, a couple of friends have stopped by and tapped on it. And with the prize targets so high, this is probably one of the most helpful things they could do for you other than leave you piles of eggs!
Old 04-25-13, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Holy cow, tap my egg generators people they should be there as soon as you come in to my town.
pheisey

Gave away over 200 eggs today in several peoples towns.
Old 04-25-13, 08:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Imprint, I just tapped on your snake rock but I don't know if you'll see this in time to notice whether it will make a difference. I also dropped some eggs but not nearly as many as the person before me. But I might have left some this morning too--it's all blurring together.
I thought I had a quick turnaround on my snake rock today. That's a nice feature!

You guys have been generous spreading your eggs around, and we noobs greatly appreciate it! I just started playing a couple of weeks ago, but I think now I have a chance to get the Willie prize by the end. Somebody gave me a "69" on my lawn last night. Kinky!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.