Reload this Page >

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Old 02-15-17, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

I didn't realize the character earned currency, but I'm kinda donut-poor too. I stocked up to start the act then ended up buying a number of those valentine mystery boxes because they were buildings plus a character for 60 donuts.
Old 03-02-17, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Nice that EA acknowledged their server outage!

They gave me 500 pins (when I already have 17K because I have nothing left to craft except decorations) and 2000 pins, and since I'm earning bonuts at 3/7500, that's good for about three-quarters of one donut. Hope others got better use out of these rewards! And of course the outage happened when I was using the three-day XP collider, but whatever.
Old 04-26-17, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Still playing in 2017! The secret agent event is fun and easy. I love all the free characters and buildings, I wish they were playable though with tasks. Anyway, the parachute landing target is hillarious! I broke down and got Hank Scorpio and the mountain during the promotion.
Old 04-26-17, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts

I finally broke myself of both The Simpsons and Family Guy freemium games. It is a huge lifted weight. Down to just 1 freemium now. (3 while trying to grid sucked up all of my time).
Old 04-27-17, 11:43 PM

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,090 Posts

I play this every day, as well as Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. These are my two favorite franchises, I just love 'em and the games are good.
Old 04-28-17, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
I finally broke myself of both The Simpsons and Family Guy freemium games. It is a huge lifted weight. Down to just 1 freemium now. (3 while trying to grid sucked up all of my time).
I'm getting closer. The Simpsons is the last game. I skipped this event, and I'm now just sending everyone in 24 hr tasks. I don't even login some days.

I think I want to level up to the max, use all my donuts... and maybe I'm done.
Old 04-29-17, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Yeah I still play. It's not very time consuming anymore. I can usually log in for a few minutes at a time and complete the events. The one thing I noticed with this event is that there weren't any storylines for some of the characters that you unlock. I don't ever recall that happening in the past. There's usually at least one task to do and a little dialogue.
Old 05-04-17, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Damnit, I missed out on Maggie because the wife started talking to me right after I began, and I didn't want to shush her.

Originally Posted by Neil M.
Yeah I still play. It's not very time consuming anymore. I can usually log in for a few minutes at a time and complete the events. The one thing I noticed with this event is that there weren't any storylines for some of the characters that you unlock. I don't ever recall that happening in the past. There's usually at least one task to do and a little dialogue.
Yeah, there were quests for the ones earned at the ends of the acts, I think, but not for others, and the villains, though cool, are just NPCs.

I have eight quests stacked up for when the event ends, but I think they're all for premium characters I purchased and set on intel tasks.
Old 05-04-17, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777
Damnit, I missed out on Maggie because the wife started talking to me right after I began, and I didn't want to shush her.

Yeah, there were quests for the ones earned at the ends of the acts, I think, but not for others, and the villains, though cool, are just NPCs.

I have eight quests stacked up for when the event ends, but I think they're all for premium characters I purchased and set on intel tasks.
I've turned off the game during the Maggie hunt and saves the time by asking if I really wanted to quit the Maggie search. I think it has happened twice now and I can come back to the search later.
Old 05-04-17, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by chowderhead
I've turned off the game during the Maggie hunt and saves the time by asking if I really wanted to quit the Maggie search. I think it has happened twice now and I can come back to the search later.
I think I hit that once by accident but backed out of it. I guess I should've tried it rather than trying to power through while listening to the conversation and getting annoyed.
Old 06-04-17, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pushes aside cobwebs. Kicks moldering bones.

The Darwin Fish will continue to give tachyons every time it is placed. Store it. Replace it. Repeat until you have a maxed out Panini Press. Or until you get bored with popping him in and out of storage.
Old 06-04-17, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Haven't earned the fish yet, but good to know when I do.

I bit on the rebate offers for Malibu Stacy and (another) knighboat, and I got Booberella to help with the event. I'm going to have to run the XP collider to refill m donuts.
Old 06-04-17, 09:58 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by bippitty
Pushes aside cobwebs. Kicks moldering bones.

The Darwin Fish will continue to give tachyons every time it is placed. Store it. Replace it. Repeat until you have a maxed out Panini Press. Or until you get bored with popping him in and out of storage.
I won the fish and it seems that the update from earlier today killed the glitch.
Old 06-17-17, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I earned the last excavation site prize with a few days to spare. I did the same thing for act 1 and sat on shovels, earning the last few other prizes just by tapping guys, but now I'm going to hit capacity so I'll continue to use a few shovels per day.

I got Cave Girl Booberella to help with the event, but not Gravedigger Billy or Pharaoh Skinner. I've also bought some of the flashback items.
Old 06-19-17, 11:32 AM

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Here's a tip!

Many of us already know you can go way over capacity on in-game job resource currencies if you time your taps right. Metal, glass, and plastic recycling, yoga mats, lattes, etc. Even then, there's only so far you can go. But there's one currency you can go way over the max capacity on indefinitely: trash in the Springfield Dump. Here's what you do:
1. After you earn your five donuts for the week, maximize your metal, glass, and plastic currency.
2. Get your trash as close to 2000 as possible. You can usually do at least 1950 or even 1975 if you have a premium character.
3. Send all your trash collectors out. Then, go to the PolyVac and battle robots in the SciFighter. It will say you may be at the cap for some resources, play anyway, and you'll get some trash.
4. Tap your collectors for their payout.
5. Use the Surveillance Post from the Spy Event to keep racking up trash resources! When you battle spy agents, you'll win more trash but this minigame has no cap on resources!

You can play the Surveillance Post minigame as often as possible between the time you get your donuts, maximize currency, and start it all over on Tuesday. Since I discovered this, I've racked up 3500+ trash and can send those collectors out on other jobs, which helps the rat race toward five free donuts be less hectic, and take less time, then you can build even more trash currency because you're all set earlier. In theory, if one played enough, I'd suppose it's possible to collect enough trash you wouldn't even have to use it at least one week, you'd have so much banked.

I thought I'd pass along this helpful tip I discovered on my own.

Also, here's another tip at 3:16:

Old 06-19-17, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, I can store around 4K of trash just by playing those two games. I still need to build more to get through the weekly task, though.
Old 06-21-17, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I missed out on the act I final prize and that seems to be the case with act II as well. Ouch.
Old 06-21-17, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Sorry, starseed--that sucks. Too bad we can't help each other in so many of these events.

This week I'd stashed 6K of trash, and that lasted me through three rounds of track building.
Old 06-25-17, 12:18 AM

The pirate bridge can be used as an actual bridge. Across the water. Crazy! What's next? Cars on the streets.
Old 06-26-17, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was bored and leveled up to the max, 939. I had like 75 million in cash, so it was doable with the XP multiplier on. I'm at 8 million now. But with 831 donuts.

what should I get?

I'm probably try to buy all the pending land first. I'm really behind there.
Old 06-26-17, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I guess the question is... what do you not have?
Old 08-15-17, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I got the final prize, Stargazer Stadium, with less than a day to spare. I bought the jazz guy early on then the two guys in the van last week. I probably wouldn't have made it otherwise, especially considering I was out of town and off the grid over the weekend.

I like the event and the fact that we can help each other again (I was trying to dump lawyers on people who were close to 48K), but it takes up a ton of space.
Old 08-15-17, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I bought the 3 of them at the beginning, so I was able to finish 5 days earlier. Last event I missed on all the last big awards, but I wasn't really paying attention.
Old 08-15-17, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Bleeding Gums Murphy is such an iconic Simpsons character that even though he was super expensive, he was a must buy for me. I guess the only others ones that I really want are the Phil Hartman characters that we won't see.
Old 08-19-17, 07:02 PM

Not too long ago, a change was made in the game limiting the number of donuts that haven't been paid for. If you are farming XP for donuts, the limit seems to be 1,000 donuts in a certain period of time. Any additional donuts will disappear.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.