Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-16, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

I bought the Steel Mill with Roscoe, once you buy the Burns Mansion, you get Smithers and he goes and dances outside of it as one of his tasks. Plus that was one of my favorite Simpsons episode ever.
Old 06-09-16, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Why do we keep getting "new" notifications for buying cash with donuts? It's really annoying.

I splurged on a day of XP collider and bought a bunch of Rat Trap Delivery Trucks to level up 75 times (now to 186). I did some quick math on those vs. Bloodmobiles, and it may have been 50 to 49.6 or something like that, but that includes my multipliers so that may skew the results a bit--like if there's a 0.4 difference after my 355% multipliers, they may be virtually the same. Not sure about my math.

Donut Day stuff ends today. The truck is not a bad multiplier--2.0x for 40 donuts, though that's still 10 donuts more than the Jet Engine Bike.
Old 06-12-16, 03:59 PM

Received 1,898 Likes on 1,120 Posts

Is Duff Gardens worth 145 donuts? I have 154 and just over a day to decide, thanks.
Old 06-12-16, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Duff Gardens gives you a building and a costume for Lisa. You can send people for short (5 minutes or so) tasks. Send 5 and you'll get 1 of 4 decorations. No multipliers on the decorations.

If you had 154,000 donuts, might as well get it. With 154 donuts, skip it.
Old 06-15-16, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Randomly checked for updates on my phone today, and hey, we have a new event!

So damn complicated, like a combination of the previous superhero and kickball events. I've figured out the basics but not the subtleties.
Old 06-15-16, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Superheroes 2

Okay. I was enjoying being able to relax and just churn Donuts at the Rail Yard and build up my SH value to get Billionaire's Haven... guess I can stop all that and obsess over a new event. Lol.
Old 06-15-16, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
So damn complicated, like a combination of the previous superhero and kickball events. I've figured out the basics but not the subtleties.
I've said it here before, but I miss the days where events were just quests and maybe some tapping. There's too much going on in this one, IMHO. Looking at the Act 1 prizes, there's nothing I'm really clamoring for. Sure, I'll participate, but I'm not going to stress over it.

But why did they make the Burns summertime mansion jobs 4 hours yet it only takes 3 hours for fighters to regenerate their health? It'd be much tidier if those jobs had a matched length. It's killing my OCD to not have everyone occupied evenly.

And also there are so many characters that are used in the event that I think I'm going to have a hard time using the IRS building to send all characters on their routine tasks - as I normally do - lest the needed ones are sent away. But then I have so many characters in total that it takes forever to assign them individually and there's no way I'm going to be doing that. (Another wrinkle, my job is a 10 hour shift and work doesn't allow bringing your phone into the building, so maybe I'm able to steal a few minutes to play during lunch. These events are tricky for me.)

As I said, I'm not going to stress about it.
Old 06-15-16, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

It's actually pretty simple, everything about it is recycled. Just pay attention to the arrows next to the felon types when in battle and you should be good to go.
Old 06-15-16, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by starseed1981
It's actually pretty simple, everything about it is recycled. Just pay attention to the arrows next to the felon types when in battle and you should be good to go.
I didn't remember the rock-paper-scissors hierarchy of the fighter types, but now I think I have it: MBT (muscles > brains > tech > muscles etc.).

The other thing I haven't figured out is the crafting: what I want, what I should spend and what I should accumulate, etc. But there's time for that.

Old 06-15-16, 11:37 AM

Received 1,898 Likes on 1,120 Posts

Finally, an event that popped on my phone that didn't make my phone say I don't have enough room for it! I liked the last Superheroes event so I'm looking forward to this one. I won't have a lot of phone time for this and next week, though, so I may end up out of luck on many prizes but as much as I love the Simpsons and I enjoy this game, I'm getting better about being okay with that.
Old 06-15-16, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Ah, I get what starseed is saying about the arrows. For each matchup, there's a tiny arrow showing who has the advantage in that particular pairing. It still helps to know the muscle>brain>tech hierarchy, though, as it can affect who you want to use in the subsequent matchups. E.g., you might want to keep your tech guy in reserve if one of the next opponents is muscle.

So yeah, I've been sucked in again.
Old 06-16-16, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to keep asking my 10 years old daughter how to play this event. Too complicated to me too
Old 06-16-16, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Just a heads up to anyone who wants all the social prizes. As of right now, we're limited to 3 fights per 24 hours. You need to win a total of 115 fights. So basically, you need to fight everyday. There's not much wiggle room. It's possible that they could up the fights in the future but you might want to make the effort now in case they don't.
Old 06-16-16, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

So we need three fights every day? I have four under my belt so I might've already blown it.

I guess I need to splurge on some band-aids. I've gotten some vitamin waters from tapping burglars, but not band-aids, and waiting for healing is slow going. The stupid thing is that band-aids are 20 cards each in the small box, but 21 each in the larger boxes. What?
Old 06-16-16, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't remember the rock-paper-scissors hierarchy of the fighter types, but now I think I have it: MBT (muscles > brains > tech > muscles etc.).

The other thing I haven't figured out is the crafting: what I want, what I should spend and what I should accumulate, etc. But there's time for that.

* Brains looks like Rock
* Tech looks like Paper
* Muscle looks like Scissor - well, the dumbbell has two weights and it reminds me of the two halfs of a pair of scissors, and rock/paper are already taken, so "scissor".

Then it's easy..... Paper dulls Scissor, Scissor scratches-up Rock, and Rock punches a hole through in Paper.
Old 06-16-16, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by kenbuzz
* Brains looks like Rock
* Tech looks like Paper
* Muscle looks like Scissor - well, the dumbbell has two weights and it reminds me of the two halfs of a pair of scissors, and rock/paper are already taken, so "scissor".

Then it's easy..... Paper dulls Scissor, Scissor scratches-up Rock, and Rock punches a hole through in Paper.
So the exact opposite of traditional rock-paper-scissors?
Old 06-19-16, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, I've learned to read the charts so I can pick my winning team.

TDTO Addicts says that if we have 15 points in neighbor fights by today, and we earn three per day, we'll get the last prize with two days to spare. I'm at 12, but I'm maxed out for the day so I'll be able to play again whenever their calendar flips again, which is late afternoon for me (GMT?), and then maybe I'll hit 15.

Unless I'm really missing something, there are no character tasks that earn event currency, only fighting and tapping criminals. They can work on Burns Mansion but that only increases tap radius (I blew the quest line that had three characters on 24-hour tasks by immediately assigning the first ones who came up, not realizing non-Burns Mansion characters could do it as well, but again it only lost me points toward tap radius). I'm tempted to get the satellite station for the event currency. I just earned hero Snake so I should be able to get the Act 1 prizes regardless, but there are reportedly bonuts in this event so that would defray some of the cost. It's really expensive at 160 donuts, but it also comes with a 4% multiplier. That is more than twice the price of two jet engine bikes, and yes, I could earn donuts faster with an XP collider, but I may get this anyway.
Old 06-22-16, 12:34 AM

I'm at 12, but I'm maxed out for the day so I'll be able to play again whenever their calendar flips again, which is late afternoon for me (GMT?), and then maybe I'll hit 15.
I believe it works the same as tapping in a neighbor's town. 24-hour clock that starts from whenever you did your first fight for the day..
Old 06-22-16, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

I take back part of my earlier complaint. I didn't realize you could still send characters on fights if they're already occupied on a quest. (I forget whether or not the Tap Ball matches worked the same way.) I earned Old King Coal this morning.

One thing I noticed this morning is that the space coyote rewarded me only cash and XP for the blue turtle game. This is the first time I didn't get pills. Weird.
Old 06-22-16, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The only thing I've crafted so far is the bookstore. The other stuff looks pretty meh, but I'll do it before the first act ends. I wonder if it'd be useful to stock up on band-aids.

Originally Posted by DJLinus
One thing I noticed this morning is that the space coyote rewarded me only cash and XP for the blue turtle game. This is the first time I didn't get pills. Weird.
Yeah, same. Not that I need the pills. I guess I should look into those hidden multipliers that kenbuzz mentioned and target my Googolplex builds toward the resources that those need.

Originally Posted by bippitty
I believe it works the same as tapping in a neighbor's town. 24-hour clock that starts from whenever you did your first fight for the day..
I guess that makes sense. Hard to track, though. Currently at 19, so I'm behind the TSTO calendar.

Spoilered for size:

Spoiler:

Last edited by davidh777; 06-23-16 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-22-16, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm behind the calendar as well so it looks like unless they increase the number of social battles, I won't make it all the way to the end.

I got cash today from the insanity cauldron as well. Wondering if that's because I'm way over the 200 pill limit in heights. Hopefully they introduce a new currency reward soon.
Old 06-22-16, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wait...I've unlocked all but the final prize for this act......what is that calendar? Am I missing something lol?
Old 06-22-16, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That's the social battle calendar to earn the social battle prizes.
Old 06-23-16, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Darn. I spaced on that.
Old 06-23-16, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't seen this mentioned here, so perhaps it's not common knowledge.... but when you send your Superheroes to fight criminals in your town, you get more event currency if you lose a bunch of fights while you're working toward your three wins.

When you win a battle, you get 350 brass knuckles. You pretty much want/have to win all three battles if you want to get enough currency to advance and craft stuff. But once you win those battles you can't fight again until the next set of bad guys spawn in 3 hours. If you lose a fight, you get 55 brass knuckles, but you can fight again. To get the most knuckles at one time, I plan my fights so that as many of my Superheroes LOSE as possible, while still leaving me enough guys with the right traits to allow me to finish off the bad guys.

A typical strategy would be for me to send one under-powered Hero into battle against a bad guy. My 2-heart dude would lose, and I'd get 55 knuckles. I'm not worried about my guy being out... he'll regenerate those hearts easily in the 3 hours before the next fight time comes around. I then send another under-powered Hero into the fray, and keep repeating that. Each loss gets me 55 knuckles, but each battle injures or kills off one bad guy. As long as I have a couple of leveled-up Heroes in reserve to issue the coup de gras at the end, I'm golden.

During a fight event this morning, I managed to lose 7 fights before I finished off the 3rd set of bad guys. I got the 1050 knuckles (3x350) for the wins as usual, but I also got an additional 385 (7x55) knuckles for the losses. That's a 35% bonus. And I don't have to use bandaids or power drinks for my guys - I'm okay with them losing. I can save those remedies for when I'm fighting in my friends' towns.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.