Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-16, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Yeah, I'd be fine with keeping what they've been doing, but I wouldn't be shocked if they just shut it down either. I'd still play it for a while to accumulate donuts and get the characters/buildings I still don't have.

Legal donuts are easier to get these days so their revenue must be a fraction of what it used to be when probably a lot more people were playing.
Old 05-18-16, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They will probably say it was a joke.

I mean, it's just the main story of that level. At the end they will say something else.

But I'm sure they will lose some money, because people won't want to spend money buying donuts for a few days. Because if the game ends, they turn off the servers, even if it's months in the future, a lot of people will stop paying for donuts.
Old 05-18-16, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Anyone buy Duff Gardens? I am thinking about it...
Old 05-19-16, 12:21 AM

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,130 Posts

Ugh, I'm deleting apps left and right and moving all that I can to the SD card and I still don't have enough room for the update.
Old 05-19-16, 10:18 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by story
Ugh, I'm deleting apps left and right and moving all that I can to the SD card and I still don't have enough room for the update.
Apparently this is a glitch that has happened to many in the update. It says that there isn't that much memory but apparently is false.
Old 05-19-16, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Red Hood
Apparently this is a glitch that has happened to many in the update. It says that there isn't that much memory but apparently is false.
They said uninstalling and reinstalling *might* work.

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
I was thinking about it, but it disappeared for me in another glitch.
Old 05-19-16, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
They said uninstalling and reinstalling *might* work.

I was thinking about it, but it disappeared for me in another glitch.
Very weird that leveling up requires extremely low amount of xp. Buy sell blood mobiles. What is going on?
Old 05-20-16, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by chowderhead
Very weird that leveling up requires extremely low amount of xp. Buy sell blood mobiles. What is going on?
Yeah, I haven't gotten to that point yet, but it sounds pretty crazy. I guess it got a little too crazy for the devs to keep up with.
Old 05-20-16, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did. You get a Lisa skin and decorations are created with jobs in Duff Gardens. The decorations that are created though are starting to repeat a lot. I was hoping for more variety.
Old 05-20-16, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not sure if it's a known fact.

When playing the Find Maggie game, if time is running out and you can't find her, exit the game. In iOS just go to the home screen. Wait a few seconds, or a minute, and then start the game again. It will continue and you can let it fail. But you'll see that the Maggie icon is still there. You don't have to wait 16 hours to play again. So just start the Find Maggie game again and good luck this time.
I've tried that 3 times, when time was running out and I couldn't find Maggie and it worked all the times.

Just in case, don't share in other forums, so they don't patch it.
Old 05-20-16, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
Not sure if it's a known fact.

When playing the Find Maggie game, if time is running out and you can't find her, exit the game. In iOS just go to the home screen. Wait a few seconds, or a minute, and then start the game again. It will continue and you can let it fail. But you'll see that the Maggie icon is still there. You don't have to wait 16 hours to play again. So just start the Find Maggie game again and good luck this time.
I've tried that 3 times, when time was running out and I couldn't find Maggie and it worked all the times.

Just in case, don't share in other forums, so they don't patch it.
How are you not finding maggie? Just turn on the sound?
Old 05-22-16, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How are you not finding maggie? Just turn on the sound?
I have a big town. A lot of houses. And not all in the same place.

But 95% of the time I can find her.
Old 05-23-16, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I've missed Maggie a few times. It happens, especially when she's on a business instead of a house, if I'm in a noisy place, etc. When I first started playing, I was just tapping madly when I heard the sound, not realizing I could actually see her on the roof.
Old 05-23-16, 12:12 PM

I've only not found Maggie once when the sound was on, as far as I can recall. Otherwise, there have been a few times I forgot to turn the sound on and couldn't find her, though there was once or twice I got lucky. I would say 99 out of 100, she's in my white house farm so I head right there and boom, it's all done.

Mixed feelings about the "last level" business, but I find the storyline pretty funny. Moe is so funny in this game, love it.
Old 05-23-16, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

I've missed her a couple of times, due to her being on a building that was partially obscured by another building.
Old 05-24-16, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't quite grasped this new leveling or not leveling. I have to reach level 742 (or something close to that) to unlock Maggie on the mountain (the rest of the characters are lower numbers). How can I even come close to that. The Googleplex makes no sense either...such a high dollar commitment with barely any payoff and you have to reach level 80 or so to get it fully unlocked.
Old 05-24-16, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

The XP for leveling up is not that bad especially if you have multipliers. If I played 3 times a day and send all my characters on tasks, I could probably level up about 10 times a day.
Old 05-25-16, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

So Krusty just unlocked level 61?
Old 05-25-16, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, leveling up is not that hard. Because you level up every 40K XP. At least that's the case at the beginning.
Old 05-26-16, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by badlieut
I haven't quite grasped this new leveling or not leveling. I have to reach level 742 (or something close to that) to unlock Maggie on the mountain (the rest of the characters are lower numbers). How can I even come close to that. The Googleplex makes no sense either...such a high dollar commitment with barely any payoff and you have to reach level 80 or so to get it fully unlocked.
Originally Posted by Neil M.
The XP for leveling up is not that bad especially if you have multipliers. If I played 3 times a day and send all my characters on tasks, I could probably level up about 10 times a day.
Yeah, if I have my characters on long tasks, I can sometimes level up twice while collecting that. It makes me wonder, though, if I still need to spend three days on the monorail tasks to get five donuts.

And the Googolplex doesn't really make sense. You're just buying Springfield Heights items. I thought about moving that to SH because of that, but I'll probably just make a movie complex.

I've finished all the Act 3 prizes, so now I'm just collecting the dailies and trying to dump the rest of my prospectors (I was up to 400 at one point and have around 200 now). I went ahead and started the Luke Stetson quest because there's really no need to earn currency. In each act, after I've earned the final prize, there's always been one additional task to earn some more currency, like 2500 TNT. So I do that just in case there's bonuts involved, but the "reward" is just more TNT.

I never did get the Gil deal back.
Old 05-28-16, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
I've finished all the Act 3 prizes, so now I'm just collecting the dailies and trying to dump the rest of my prospectors (I was up to 400 at one point and have around 200 now). I went ahead and started the Luke Stetson quest because there's really no need to earn currency. In each act, after I've earned the final prize, there's always been one additional task to earn some more currency, like 2500 TNT. So I do that just in case there's bonuts involved, but the "reward" is just more TNT.
Really? No donut bonus to keep collecting TNT after you're done getting everything? Lame. I got the cavern this morning. Now I guess I'll start on all of the tasks that have been piling up.* Homer is involved in all of them, it seems. Dude's going to be busy for the next few days.

Event currency is still a little useful since you can use it to buy rocks, barrels, and hitching posts. But at this point I've accumulated so much that I don't really need to earn anymore. And not that I'm hurting for cash, but it would be nice if you could use event currency to buy fences and gates, too. I actually want some more of those.

*Earlier this week a feature was introduced that stashed "less important" tasks into a folder, which uncluttered that menu. But then that folder completely disappeared and now I have eight open quests sitting there. I guess the game feels all of those are "important"? Or is that just me that lost the folder?
Old 05-29-16, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Really? No donut bonus to keep collecting TNT after you're done getting everything? Lame. I got the cavern this morning. Now I guess I'll start on all of the tasks that have been piling up.* Homer is involved in all of them, it seems. Dude's going to be busy for the next few days.

Event currency is still a little useful since you can use it to buy rocks, barrels, and hitching posts. But at this point I've accumulated so much that I don't really need to earn anymore. And not that I'm hurting for cash, but it would be nice if you could use event currency to buy fences and gates, too. I actually want some more of those.

*Earlier this week a feature was introduced that stashed "less important" tasks into a folder, which uncluttered that menu. But then that folder completely disappeared and now I have eight open quests sitting there. I guess the game feels all of those are "important"? Or is that just me that lost the folder?
Yeah, I always liked finishing early and starting on the bonus. I just bought some barrels, covered wagons, and literally hundreds of rock formations. I like the Old West theme so I also burned some donuts on a couple multipliers: the Old West sign and the rolling rock.

Thanks for letting me know I don't have to drop any more prospectors on you. The good thing is I only have a few dozen after having like 400 a couple weeks ago.
Old 05-30-16, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, what level are you now?
I'm at level 249.
Was at level 60, and decided to level up. Bought a 3 day XP multiplier, at 10 donuts, that quickly paid itself. I had 30+ million cash, or 40+ million?, and started buying Bloodmobiles. The ones that give you a lot of XP. Unfortunately after level 100 you need 500,000 XP to level up, instead of 40,000 XP. But it's still a quick level up.
So that's how I level up from 60 to 249. And of course now I have 254 donuts. One donut for each level up. I think the 3 day XP multiplier was too much, I could have done it with the 24 hour one, 5 donuts vs 10 donuts.

So, what's your current level?
Old 05-31-16, 07:23 AM

I'm at 100-something, low 100s. This event is ending in odd ways, to me. I could've sworn we had through today to use currency, but I couldn't get anything yesterday. Should've paid better attention to the countdown clock, I guess, which was actually a hard deadline for once in this game!

Today, I have a daily challenge to promote lawlessness, but I can't do anything with the Town Square. Odd that all jobs go away so now it just sits there in our towns. Bummer.
Old 05-31-16, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The event takedown has been sloppy for sure. In addition to the daily task that we can't do, why do we still have bandits running around town, generating currency we can't use? Why do the hideouts and neighbor visits still generate bandits and currency instead of $ and XP?

And it ended in late afternoon instead of midnight or 1 a.m., which was really weird. Because I didn't get around to using up all my stuff, I left hundreds of rocks on the table. I also never committed on the Wild West Film Set, which I'm OK with.

I'm only at level 103 after the threshold rose. I was leveling up so fast there seemed no need to buy Rat Trap Delivery Trucks (I used to get Bloodmobiles, but I heard somewhere they generated fewer XP--I haven't confirmed that, though), but I'll get back to it. I am intrigued by the idea of the temporary multiplier.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.