Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-15, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Honestly, I'm not terribly jazzed about it, but I have nothing better to do, so...

At least with Act I, the prizes aren't all that great. The only thing that I want is Burns' basesball skin, since it's from an iconic episode. But even then I don't know how often I'd use it.

But I will give them a nod for recognizing that the daily task timer from the Terwilliger event was terrible. They went back to it being 24 hours from when you start the task, not the fixed one starting at midnight. And you can have several residents do them at once for some jobs, which knocks them out relatively quickly. That aspect isn't so much of a slog anymore.
Yeah, it's not a great event, but I'm getting the hang of it, and it's not as annoying as some of the events have been. And it's better than no event at all.

The neighbor visits are really stingy, though--I can only do about a dozen before I stop earning fingers. Also, the pop-up notifications are annoying--sometimes I've only been out of the game for a few minutes before it tells me that I've been gone too long and should check back in. I assume that means something significant has happened like a task finishing, but it's still annoying.

I earned Dedrick Tatum as a currency/playing character but haven't bothered to upgrade him past his 1.5 stars since I don't anticipate using him in games. I assume he's dragging down my total star rating, and I wonder if he gets into games that other people challenge me to since I seem to be losing a lot of them.
Old 06-30-15, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Yeah, it's not a great event, but I'm getting the hang of it, and it's not as annoying as some of the events have been. And it's better than no event at all.

The neighbor visits are really stingy, though--I can only do about a dozen before I stop earning fingers. Also, the pop-up notifications are annoying--sometimes I've only been out of the game for a few minutes before it tells me that I've been gone too long and should check back in. I assume that means something significant has happened like a task finishing, but it's still annoying.

I earned Dedrick Tatum as a currency/playing character but haven't bothered to upgrade him past his 1.5 stars since I don't anticipate using him in games. I assume he's dragging down my total star rating, and I wonder if he gets into games that other people challenge me to since I seem to be losing a lot of them.
This event is not as daunting as it looked when it first appeared. I'm not even bothering to craft items this time around. I don't really care about stadium lights, seats, etc. Maybe I'll start getting the power ups when I reach the higher level matches.

I've been upgrading Jasper and Tatum along with Homer, Lisa, Flanders, and Apu. I'm on track to get Baseball Burns and Lugash by tonight and have banked enough to upgrade them a little when they unlock. This way now with 8 players I'll have two somewhat strong teams to play every 4 hours.
Old 06-30-15, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Despite not being able to use Jasper or Lugash, I unlocked the last Act One prize, Burns. So I guess I'm earning at a fast-enough rate. I only have six players so not enough for two teams, but I've upgraded Tatum and Burns a bit.

I haven't bothered to craft either, just using all my resources for upgrading.
Old 07-01-15, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Fourth of July update was pushed out yesterday. You can now get Tricky Dick Nixon and Scandalgate or some of the other items from years past for donuts.
Old 07-01-15, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Despite not being able to use Jasper or Lugash, I unlocked the last Act One prize, Burns. So I guess I'm earning at a fast-enough rate. I only have six players so not enough for two teams, but I've upgraded Tatum and Burns a bit.

I've stumbled across the list of all Tap Ball-playable characters. Several of them you already have, a few of them require a skin that you can win, some require a skin that you have to buy, and a couple require premium characters that you may or may not have.

Here's the list... spoilered of course:
Spoiler:

FREE (9)
- Soccer Lisa
- Referee Homer
- Athlete Ned
- Pin Pal Apu
- Softball Mr Burns (Skin is the 5th Act 1 Prize)
- Fit Milhouse (Skin unlocks on Day 12, can now play Tap Ball)
- Tennis Marge (Skin is the 5th Act 2 Prize)
- Kung Fu CBG (Skin unlocks on Day 18)
- Ballet Ralph (Skin is the 3rd Act 3 Prize)

MUST BUY SKIN (3)
- Football Nelson (85 Donuts, Unlocks in Act 1)
- Jockey Bart & Furious D (100 Donuts, Unlocks in Act 2)... both are playable

GRAMPA (There are two skins available for Grampa Abe, each unlocks at different points):
- Gorgeous Grampa (75 Donuts, Unlocks in Act 2)
- Torreador Abe (85 Donuts, Unlocks in Act 3)
... I do not know if this means you can play Abe twice

PREMIUM (4)
- Boxing Tatum (190 Donuts, Comes with Coliseum, Skin unlocks on Day 5)
- Baseball Jasper (150 Donuts, Comes with Community Center, Skin is the 3rd Act 1 Prize)
- Lugash (175 Donuts, Comes with Lugash's Gym, Skin unlocks on Day 8)
- Crazy Cat Lady (180 Donuts, Comes with Crazy Cat House, Skin unlocks on Day 23)

OTHER STUFF:
- Gymnastic Lisa (requires Balance Beam purchase, 75 Donuts, Act 1 only) ... but we already have Soccer Lisa
- Srongman Homer (50 Donuts, Unlocks in Act 2) ... but we already have Referee Homer

I do not know if having two Tap Ball skins for the same character allows you to play them twice. I doubt it.

There is little reason to have a # of players that are not evenly divisible by 4, since the extras will have to sit around waiting to play. The only possible exception is if you have three idle players and can upgrade a player to "refresh" him and immediately play them all.

Last edited by kenbuzz; 07-01-15 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-01-15, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

It looks like all but 3 of the craftable items are given to us by completing the daily tasks. So it's probably the best strategy to save the crafting for last and maximize you AB earnings by upgrading your players.
Old 07-01-15, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Neil M.
It looks like all but 3 of the craftable items are given to us by completing the daily tasks. So it's probably the best strategy to save the crafting for last and maximize you AB earnings by upgrading your players.
True. By completing all of the daily tasks and without spending donuts or ABs, you'll collect the following:

16 Obestosade
12 Tonic
15 Soccer Balls
2 Single Stadium Bleachers
1 Double Stadium Bleachers
1 Triple Stadium Bleachers
2 Stadium Lights
1 Bowling Setup Machine
1 Soccer Net
1 Low Blow Boxing
1 Football Tire Target

Plus skins for Boxing Tatum and Kung Fu CBG

And if you're wondering who you need to keep free for the daily tasks that reset at 4am ET:
Spoiler:
* Can assign multiple characters at the same time

Day 1 Apu 2h (x2) = 4 Obestosade
Day 2 Referee Homer 5h (x2) = Single Stadium Bleachers
Day 3 Burns 4h (x3) = 3 Tonic
Day 4 Win Tap Ball Game (x2) = Stadium Lights
Day 5 Celebrities 3h (x5)* = Boxing Tatum Skin
Day 6 Win Tap Ball Game (x2) = 4 Obestosade
Day 7 Pin Pal Apu 4h (x3) = Bowling Setup Machine
Day 8 Soccer Lisa 2h (x6) = Lugash can now play
Day 9 Win Tap Ball Game (x3) = Single Stadium Bleachers
Day 10 Soccer Lisa 3h (x4) = Soccer Net
Day 11 Braniacs 2h (x4)* = 3 Tonic
Day 12 Milhouse 6h (x2) = Fit Milhouse can play
Day 13 Referee Homer 5h (x2) = Double Stadium Bleachers
Day 14 Fit Milhouse 4h (x3) = Stadium Lights
Day 15 Win Tap Ball Game (x3) = Low Blow Boxing
Day 16 Kids 2h (x10)* = Football Tire Target
Day 17 Tap Ball Players 4h (x8)* = 3 Tonic
Day 18 CBG 4h (x4) = Kung Fu CBG Skin
Day 19 Brainiacs 2h (x7) = Triple Stadium Bleachers
Day 20 Kung Fu CBG 2h (x5) = 4 Obestosade
Day 21 Win Tap Ball Game (x3) = 3 Tonic
Day 22 Win Tap Ball Game (x4) = 5 Soccer Balls
Day 23 Lisa 2h (x5) = Crazy Cat Lady can play
Day 24 Celebrities 3h (x5)* = 5 Soccer Balls
Day 25 Referee Homer 5h (x2) = 4 Obestosade
Day 26 Tap Ball Players 4h (x20)* = 3 Tonic
Day 27 Win Tap Ball Game (x5) = 5 Soccer Balls

Last edited by kenbuzz; 07-12-15 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-01-15, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

there are rumors also of community prizes as well TBD.
Old 07-01-15, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chowderhead
there are rumors also of community prizes as well TBD.
They're not rumors.
Old 07-02-15, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Act 2 begins in 8 hours (4am ET tomorrow). Unless you're within 1000 Foam Fingers of getting the next prize or bonus, it's probably time to STOP TAPPING your "fans" to save them up for the next phase. The event currency will change from Fingers to something else, and there's no need to continue stockpiling Fingers unless you can cash them in for something right away.

Every fan you don't tap will be tappable after 4am for the new currency.
Old 07-02-15, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Although at some point you can max out on fans. It's only happened to me once, when I was flying from coast to coast.

I just cashed in the foam finger bonus. Sitting at 240, I'm unlikely to reach 4000 again before Act 2.
Old 07-02-15, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yup. I don't see maxing out right now as a problem. If my Springfield can hold 30 fans and it tries to give me 40, that's 10 I potentially lose because I didn't tap them. But if I tap those ten, I'll get Fingers that will be worthless come 4am.

In all seriousness, I *hope* I've stopped tapping early enough that my Springfield fills to capacity with fans in the next 8 hours. I see that as a best-case scenario.
Old 07-02-15, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Although at some point you can max out on fans. It's only happened to me once, when I was flying from coast to coast.
During this event I think pretty much every morning I've gotten a "maxed out" message when I've started the game. (That's with roughly 8 hours of sleep.) I don't think I have much to worry about there.
Old 07-02-15, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I just maxed out my fans with five hours to go.
Old 07-03-15, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm actually bummed out I didn't get the softball Burns skin. I need more neighbors I think
Old 07-03-15, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, turns out Gorgeous Grampa can earn ABs but is not a playable character
Torreador Abe IS a playable character
Old 07-03-15, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Braddok
I'm actually bummed out I didn't get the softball Burns skin. I need more neighbors I think
Check the list at the top of the thread - there are a lot Otters playing Tapped Out and many of them would welcome you as a new neighbor. You and I are already linked, but if anyone else wants to add either of us:

KenBuzzz <--- note the extra "z"
braddok3786409
Old 07-03-15, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

^Already friends

I like the look of the community prizes but not the cost of the balls. I see some on the prize list in the distant future, but I hope they'll toss us some "free" ones soon.
Old 07-03-15, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

small update was just pushed. they added 1 AB for each fan tapped and upped the hats to 20 per fan. I don't see how the community will reach the goals with soccer balls being very expensive at 500 ABs each. Currently, we are at 82k with 10 donuts being released at 110 million!
Old 07-03-15, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just saw the update and the 1 AB / tap change. That's a very welcome addition for me, since it'll help me upgrade my players faster and then begin accumulating ABs so I can get a couple of specific decorations... I *really* want a pair of football goalposts (750 AB ea) to add to the field I built next to Springfield HS.... the faux posts I've got using trash cans is lame.

BTW, if anyone cares, I'm pursing the following strategy with my Tap Ball players
- For the first 4 players (Homer, Lisa, Apu, Ned), I'm upgrading all of them as best as I can to 5-star level.
- I had Jasper already in my town, so he and Burns were the backbone of my 2nd team. I went ahead and bought Jockey Bart & Furious D (100 Donuts) immediately giving me two more Tap Ball players and a new permanent character to fill out the 2nd team.
- I do not plan to upgrade my 2nd team players. There will be plenty of 5-Star opponents they can go lose to and get me 22 ABs.
- I will have a 3rd team midway through Act 3: Fit Milhouse (unlocks tomorrow); Kung Fu Comic Book Guy (unlocks next Friday); Tennis Marge (5th Act 2 prize); Ballet Ralph (3rd Act 3 prize). Like the 2nd team, the 3rd team will just go lose to 5-star opponents.

Last edited by kenbuzz; 07-03-15 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-04-15, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I sucked it up and spent 500 AB on a community soccer ball to keep my questline going.
Old 07-05-15, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I sucked it up and spent 500 AB on a community soccer ball to keep my questline going.
I feel your pain. Sometimes it pays to look at spoilers.

Did they get rid of the daily bonus for winning your first tap ball game of the day? I just realized that I haven't received it since the new update.
Old 07-05-15, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Did they get rid of the daily bonus for winning your first tap ball game of the day? I just realized that I haven't received it since the new update.
I just got the bonus, and it was bumped to 120 (for act 2, I think). I find that one hard to keep track of because sometimes I was getting it in the evening and sometimes in the morning (probably because of my East Coast vacation).

I lucked out last night when the trophy and Ally McBalls quests opened up at the same time, requiring me to assign
Spoiler:
30 characters all at once , and only some of them were eligible for bowling. But fortunately nearly all my characters freed up around the same time and I was able to cover all 30 assignments and then some. And all those bowlers will earn currency.

The other way I lucked out was I started playing yesterday morning at 7:30, but didn't realize till 8:30 that I hadn't assigned KBBL radio. Not a good time to assign a 16-hour task! But then we were out late watching fireworks and I was able to restart KBBL's currency task at 12:30 a.m. rather than lose 7-8 hours of currency-earning time.
Old 07-05-15, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I feel your pain. Sometimes it pays to look at spoilers.
Wait, what? We didn't need to actually buy one to continue the main quest? Dammit. I should've checked this thread sooner. Usually I'm good about that. (I'm house/dogsitting at a house with no wifi.) This morning I bought a soccer ball for that reason. Oh, well. If there's no other attractive incentive, I'm done buying them. They're way too expensive - even with the added opportunities to earn AB - and I'd much rather upgrade my players, which is going to take a while.

This is one area of my life where I seek out spoilers. I check TSTO Addicts every day, but I must've slacked off because I hadn't seen anything about not having to buy soccer balls.
Old 07-05-15, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I believe we do have to buy at least one to finish act 2. After I read that on TSTO, I saved up to 500 and purchased. Could've been worse--I thought for a second that I would need to have a ball *dropped on me* to progress, which would've been a disaster with the large number of neighbors and high price of balls. Fortunately I'd just made that up.

The other way I lucked out was even with all the people I assigned last night, the one I needed to start today's daily quest was still free.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.