Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-15, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

I haven't been playing much. I don't even have the prison yet.
Old 03-04-15, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Big day for me: got Dr. Colossus, built the Zenith City apartments, and am on track to build the lofts this evening. (Or maybe it's vice versa.)

Also, level 50 update!
Old 03-04-15, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Big day for me: got Dr. Colossus, built the Zenith City apartments, and am on track to build the lofts this evening. (Or maybe it's vice versa.)
After building the apartments and lofts, I think I'll need three more days to have enough handcuffs for the storefront.

Also, level 50 update!
-Confirm donut spend turned off: Check! (good thing, because I think I almost rushed the 24-hour gym task but got the confirm screen AFTER the update)
-Springfield rating: Check! I often have to add trees after leveling up, but I think having a thousand bonsai has eliminated that problem.
Old 03-04-15, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like I should have enough time to get Dr. Colossus, as I'm currently sitting at 44K pie bombs.
Old 03-05-15, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything at once right now. This game is great again, it's been a long time. The last few events were redundant and felt like work. It's worth playing again.
Old 03-05-15, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Not had a chance to play since yesterday morning, but sitting at around 51,000 pies. Should have Colossus by the end of the day and very close to a couple of the major buildings for the event. Finally, bought the last 10 million building and that will be built by the end of the today. I am down to 3 donuts though....which is the lowest i have been since i started. Paid for the Bart suit that cost me 60 if i remember correctly. Oh well.
Old 03-05-15, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wish I hadn't waited till yesterday to play this for the first time in over a month. No way I'll get any of the good stuff before the event ends.
Old 03-05-15, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, started getting a lot of pies, not sure how. So I'm at 53K pies or something like that.

Pretty busy with the game right now.
Old 03-05-15, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

So I finally obtained my elusive five star town rating then started building the pancake house and it dropped back down to 4.5. That happen to anyone?
Old 03-05-15, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I got Dr. Colossus last night. Now I'm just trying to earn as many donuts as I can with the bonus for every 4,000 pies.

My wife made me think of a fun idea the other night. We were watching The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace, where Home starts to fear his impending death. He has a daydream of his funeral in the future, where President Lenny is in attendance.

My wife said "Why can't I have a President Lenny in my town?" It made me think that a "Future Springfield" event could be fun. There are lots of episodes to draw from for characters and buildings, though the future versions of the kids characters might be more difficult than regular skins.

Between the Halloween stuff, the barbarian stuff and the superhero stuff, I don't think this would be THAT out there. Added bonus if they could add Futurama characters for it (probably no chance).
Old 03-05-15, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, I'm cranking through a lot of pies right now and have hit the bonus a few times. Still a couple days away from the Zenith storefront, though, and probably won't get the Times if they shut it down after issue 2.

Originally Posted by starseed1981
So I finally obtained my elusive five star town rating then started building the pancake house and it dropped back down to 4.5. That happen to anyone?
Did it drop after you leveled up? That happens a lot. If it was only related to the pancake house, though, I don't know.

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Added bonus if they could add Futurama characters for it (probably no chance).
There've been a lot of rumors, and one full-on in-game tease, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure you know that already, though.

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Wish I hadn't waited till yesterday to play this for the first time in over a month. No way I'll get any of the good stuff before the event ends.
I noticed you'd played--welcome back! Hope you still enjoy the event.
Old 03-05-15, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

A Future Springfield event would be fun. Maybe make it its own area like Krustyland. Man, now I want to have an esquilax in the game.

Originally Posted by starseed1981
One day a couple of weeks ago - pre-level update - my righteousness rating mysteriously plummeted from 5 stars to none (or maybe it was half a star). I have no idea why it dropped so much. I only now have it up to one star and that's probably due to my tapping on Sideshow Bob when he pops up.
Old 03-05-15, 04:59 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Raul3
I need more felons, by the end of the day I only have one. I'm jealous of the people that can have 3 or more at a time.

I mean, I could use donuts, but what's the fun on that?
Too bad I can't give you some of mine. I have extra felons running around.. I only have Homer and Radioactive Boy that can fight them. If I had 100 donuts, I'd get the silo and pig.. but I only have 30 in my account and not spending $$ on in game purchases.

I'm not sure I'm going to get all the items as I don't have as much time to play each day now so its pretty much once a day. I have 17200 pies currently.
Old 03-05-15, 07:32 PM

Hey guys, please add my friend ClarkeClark, he's an everyday player.
Old 03-05-15, 09:32 PM

One day a couple of weeks ago - pre-level update - my righteousness rating mysteriously plummeted from 5 stars to none (or maybe it was half a star). I have no idea why it dropped so much. I only now have it up to one star and that's probably due to my tapping on Sideshow Bob when he pops up.
Some people claim that if righteousness gets too high it flips. They suggest that once you get to 5, you should stop doing any righteousness actions.

In my experience, buying a ton of training walls works to maintain righteousness.
Old 03-06-15, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
Too bad I can't give you some of mine. I have extra felons running around.. I only have Homer and Radioactive Boy that can fight them. If I had 100 donuts, I'd get the silo and pig.. but I only have 30 in my account and not spending $$ on in game purchases.

I'm not sure I'm going to get all the items as I don't have as much time to play each day now so its pretty much once a day. I have 17200 pies currently.
Yeah, that's unfortunate because you need pies to get the Collector.

I didn't get Bartman because donuts, but I'm pondering whether the in-game currency would pay off in the long run.

Originally Posted by bippitty
Some people claim that if righteousness gets too high it flips. They suggest that once you get to 5, you should stop doing any righteousness actions.

In my experience, buying a ton of training walls works to maintain righteousness.
That sucks because that's a big hit to your rating and subsequently everything else. I also added a bunch of training walls and haven't had to add anything for righteousness in quite a while.
Old 03-08-15, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Getting 6 free donuts per day now. Yeah, I'm hitting 4000 pies twice a day.

But today I decided to save my felons for the next phase, so I can start with 5, that's the max right?, since I have a lot of characters that can fight.

Finished the Level 50 main story, that finale was surprising, you read the dialogue and expect something else, and then you see the animation.
Old 03-08-15, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I'm getting 6 per day as well. I should probably start saving my felons too.
Old 03-08-15, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

If you're worried about whether the number of pies you've got has you "on schedule" for all the prizes, here's a calendar that the folks at TSTOaddicts.com has put together:

Old 03-08-15, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Raul3
Getting 6 free donuts per day now. Yeah, I'm hitting 4000 pies twice a day.

But today I decided to save my felons for the next phase, so I can start with 5, that's the max right?, since I have a lot of characters that can fight.
I believe you can have 6 felons running around at a time.

BTW: Issue 3 starts in 1d 12h, and it takes 8h to spawn a felon, so only 4.5 more felons will spawn between now and the start of the next issue. If you don't already have 2 felons running lose, or have 1 felon and are less than 4 hours away from #2 spawning, you will not hit the max before Ray Guns become available.

Last edited by kenbuzz; 03-08-15 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-08-15, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

27,000 behind, trying hard to get caught up!
Old 03-08-15, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Out of curiosity how long does it take you to visit all of your neighbors daily? I let all mine gradually time sync and just went through my entire list in one shot and it took an hour. Is that about normal?
Old 03-08-15, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Been collecting donuts the last few days. Over 80,000 pies right now, and not concentrating on it too much until the next phase kicks in early Tuesday. I am actually not visiting my neighbors at all. It's too much of a damn chore. Takes forever. I will only do it if it's close to the end of the event and I need to in order to get the prizes. So far having no problem at all hitting the targets.
Old 03-08-15, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I visit my neighbors once daily. I tap 3x on crooks and (if available) 3x on buildings. I keep tapping until I've tapped on all 90 crooks then stop once they no longer yield pies. I can watch the FP counter in the lower left corner... as long as I'm getting 10 or 5 or 4 FP per tap, I'm still below 90. Once I hit the 90th crook, the counter will show 2 FP per tap. That's when I stop. Once 24h have elapsed and the FP counter once again shows 10 FP per tap, I start all over again.

I don't go crazy chasing the 2FP (x30) and 1FP (x180) taps. I've already scored the first Friendship Prize and as long as I've not scored the second one my FP counter will still be visible, helping me gauge how many pie-yielding crooks I can still tap that day. I am okay getting the second Friendship Prize later - even if it's after the event ends.
Old 03-08-15, 09:19 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Lateralus
27,000 behind, trying hard to get caught up!
That's about where I am at.. I have just over 26000... that chart above sais I should have 47000.

How many characters can fight the felons? Not that it really matters, since I'm sure they are all premium and I don't have many of those.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.