Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-13, 12:57 PM

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

That would not be me. I've got maybe 1,100 snakes and I've been whacking all.. um... week. Huh.

Anyway...

This website has a tone of excellent tips: The Simpsons Tapped Out Tips.
Old 04-19-13, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I go to the other springfield I drop eggs all over the map. When I come back no snakes ever. What am I doing wrong? I get snakes on the home map, but never any in the other springfield.
Old 04-19-13, 01:30 PM

Apparently it's a glitch.

Also, I don't think I'll ever get most of the prizes at this rate:

April 19 is Day 9 so this is roughly what you’ll need:

To get all the 10 prizes: you’ll need to have whacked 3,879 snakes by the end of the day in the US.
To get all the prizes and all 10 Whack Boxes: you’ll need to have whacked 6,975 snakes by the end of the day in the US.
Yeah, I'm just gonna have to be okay with that.
Old 04-19-13, 01:38 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dogmatica
Apparently it's a glitch.

Also, I don't think I'll ever get most of the prizes at this rate:

Yeah, I'm just gonna have to be okay with that.
Ditto. not sure how people have that many snakes at this point. I've checked in the game multiple times a day and am just closing in on 2000 for that prize, eventually. I think I'll hit that tomorrow or sunday which gives the snake rock prize.

I know the game is meant to be a money sink, but they could give away small amounts of donuts to be able to get some premium things eventually without having to spend any money in the game.
Old 04-19-13, 02:50 PM

I was lucky enough to have had the game when it was pulled from the App Store for months right after launch, during that time I was able to get a few hundred donuts, because everytime you'd get a mystery box on the 6th day of the loyalty bonus, it would have 10 donuts.
Old 04-19-13, 04:12 PM

Um. My game just reset. To Level 1.
Old 04-19-13, 04:21 PM

Now it wants me to do an update. Nervous...
Old 04-19-13, 04:28 PM

Update did nothing. No, no, no, no, no...
Old 04-19-13, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Um. My game just reset. To Level 1.
I had that happen when the christmas update came out
Old 04-19-13, 04:32 PM

Do I still show up in any of your friends list? Do the latest changes show up? Should be some blue houses under construction on the bottom, the reactor being built on the top by a lake / land kinda cut to spell "Hi." (User name is my PSN name without spaces.)
Old 04-19-13, 04:44 PM

I am so disappointed. I've been at home working all day, building my bank by tapping my field of brown houses every few minutes and was excited that I wouldn't have money troubles in this game for a while. The nuclear reactor was twenty minutes from being built. I hadn't made any major mistakes I wish I could take back. Looking at the EA and Origin boards, it doesn't look like there's much hope for me.

I'm also kinda feeling weird about how much time I put into this game in just a few weeks / how frustrated I feel. But also relieved because I've seriously been contemplating putting real money into this game and if I'd done that, it would have all been wasted. Guess it's not a stable game?
Old 04-19-13, 05:22 PM

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

I can still see your town. Everything is like you left it.
Old 04-19-13, 06:34 PM

Now I get the thinking / welcome screen instead of going right to the opening cut scene. Gives me the option to log out but I don't know if logging out and then logging back in will help or permanently hinder. Thoughts?

Once upon a time I tried to restart on purpose and tried to uninstall, turn off my device, and then reinstall but the game retained my data. Opposite day, I guess.
Old 04-19-13, 10:36 PM

Springfield is back! Logged out. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Logged in. Was told my data maybe didn't save on my other (nonexistent) device. Clicked continue. Asked if I was sure. Clicked play anyway. Everything was there.

Wow.

Had thirty snakes waiting for me. You guys gotta toss some eggs at me so I can make up for lost time!
Old 04-19-13, 10:39 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Springfield is back! Logged out. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Logged in. Was told my data maybe didn't save on my other (nonexistent) device. Clicked continue. Asked if I was sure. Clicked play anyway. Everything was there.

Wow.

Had thirty snakes waiting for me. You guys gotta toss some eggs at me so I can make up for lost time!
I think I sent a friend request yesterday that's still pending. At least I don't see you in the list of friends Springfield towns in my game.
Old 04-20-13, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

I just hit 2000 so I'm not even gonna come close to finishing. I really wanted the stadium.
Old 04-20-13, 12:39 PM

I'm at nearly 8000 snakes, should be fine for getting all the prizes. It's not difficult, just time consuming. I have to play maybe 2+ hrs a day. Buying the elite whacking license helped so you can amass double the snakes in all the towns, and I have around 80 towns to visit.
Old 04-20-13, 01:18 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

This is, I believe, the complete list of all DVDTalkers (plus nickdawgy's wife!) who have posted their IDs to this thread or the general iPad thread. If I missed anybody, my apologies. If anybody else wants to be on the list, speak up.

Dogmatica, maybe you can cut and paste this into the first post?

JasonF: WilliamTBunny
dogmatica: Spatula_City
DaveWadding: dwadding44
davidh77: seattlecub
Deftones: Deftones17
chowderhead: chowderhead0
nickdawgy: nwest93
nickdawgy’s wife: luvsgarfield99
CardiffGiant11: CardiffGiant11
Lateralus: pheisey
Gooter: Gooter
KillerCannibal: ajarrigo3
whoopdido: whoopdido1
JayDerek: jayderek18
Toddarino: Toddarinono1
Jcheckel: JasonC11
Vryce: CanisFirebrand
discostu1337: discostu1337
Kory: YROK1986

Last edited by JasonF; 04-20-13 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-20-13, 04:45 PM

I'm playing!

YROK1986
Old 04-20-13, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts

Some of the towns I have seen are crazy. Are you guys buying doughnuts, or hacking, or what?
Old 04-20-13, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have given out hundreds of eggs and hardly got any in return.

If anybody would like to swap eggs *giggle* have 600+ eggs I will dump all over your map if you do in return.

my username is pheisey
Old 04-20-13, 08:25 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Lateralus

If anybody would like to swap eggs *giggle* have 600+ eggs I will dump all over your map if you do in return.

my username is pheisey
You've got eggs (but not 600 -- I don't have anywhere near that many!)
Old 04-20-13, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Just got back from vacation where the hotel wifi was down and I was mostly out of cell range. Other than my personal e-mail, the thing that was stressing me out was missing out on snakes.

Originally Posted by Gooter
I didn't know about the Homer Buddha. I just wasted my donuts (30 out of 34) on two Homer's and didn't get anything good, lol! Oh well, next time...
I just used my first Homer Buddha and got 10 picket fences.

I also need to redo my city layout. I've just been dumping buildings here and there with no organization. My initial thought was I wanted to get most of the buildings first and then go back and make it right but now it seems like that will be such a chore.
Yeah, the problem is you need land to make things look nice, but that can cost you dollars that you could be spending on buildings.

Questions:

1. What does the star rating do? I thought it just was a vanity thing. Does it get you more money or experience?
Tap on the star rating and you should get the Conform-O-Meter, which will show you your money and XP bonus percentage.

I just tapped on it to answer this question and I see I'm at 5 stars for the first time! Without spending real dollars!

2. Is there a tap all button to collect everything with one tap? Probably wishful thinking since the name of the game is to tap, tap, tap.
When you're tapping your buildings to release XP and dollars, you don't really need to tap on them. They should get swept up as you're tapping on other buildings.

Originally Posted by Vryce
Ditto. not sure how people have that many snakes at this point. I've checked in the game multiple times a day and am just closing in on 2000 for that prize, eventually. I think I'll hit that tomorrow or sunday which gives the snake rock prize.

I know the game is meant to be a money sink, but they could give away small amounts of donuts to be able to get some premium things eventually without having to spend any money in the game.
You do get some donuts for leveling up and certain other tasks. Not enough to get many of the premium buildings and such. I'm still hoping for the Lard

Originally Posted by Toddarino
I just hit 2000 so I'm not even gonna come close to finishing. I really wanted the stadium.
I really want the stadium but will see if I get there.

Originally Posted by JasonF
This is, I believe, the complete list of all DVDTalkers (plus nickdawgy's wife!) who have posted their IDs to this thread or the general iPad thread. If I missed anybody, my apologies. If anybody else wants to be on the list, speak up.

JasonF: WilliamTBunny
dogmatica: Spatula_City
DaveWadding: dwadding44
davidh77: seattlecub
Deftones: Deftones17
chowderhead: chowderhead0
nickdawgy: nwest93
nickdawgy’s wife: luvsgarfield99
CardiffGiant11: CardiffGiant11
Lateralus: pheisey
Gooter: Gooter
KillerCannibal: ajarrigo3
whoopdido: whoopdido1
JayDerek: jayderek18
Toddarino: Toddarinono1
Jcheckel: JasonC11
Vryce: CanisFirebrand
discostu1337: discostu1337
Kory: YROK1986
I don't think whoopdidoo is playing any more. He was on my friend list but wiped his town clean, then had only one house (I would have to visit his town three separate times to cash in ) plus the escalator and a ton of volleyball courts. Now he doesn't appear on my list at all.

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Some of the towns I have seen are crazy. Are you guys buying doughnuts, or hacking, or what?
Any time people have better towns than me, I figure they're spending real money.

Originally Posted by Lateralus

my username is pheisey
Thing is, I think it was the valentine challenge when it actually showed you who had sent you the hearts, but here you have no idea. I've been giving mine to my kid but I'll toss a few your way next time.

Last edited by davidh777; 04-21-13 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-20-13, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by JasonF

Brilliant. Done. Anyone is free to please let me know if I missed them as names are added and/or you don't want yours up there, anymore.

Originally Posted by davidh777
When you're tapping your buildings to release XP and dollars, you don't really need to tap on them. They should get swept up as you're tapping on other buildings.
Discovering both this and that I could actually move buildings, both things I figured out by complete accident, is what kept me playing. I was about ready to try to start over or let it go because I couldn't place items correctly when I first laid them down so my grid was all messed up.

The incessant amount of tapping is why my wife calls this game "Tappa, tappa, tappa," after the phrase Lisa's dance teacher always said:

Originally Posted by davidh777
You do get some donuts for leveling up and certain other tasks. Not enough to get many of the premium buildings and such. I'm still hoping for the Lard
I assume you mean "Lard Lad." Either way, that sentence has rarely been uttered...
Old 04-20-13, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I actually bought $10 worth or donuts recently, but have been abusing the Homer Buddah lately to get more for free. A well timed "Powering Off" of your device while purchasing one allows you to see what you would be getting without losing any donuts.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.