Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-13, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

I read here, or in the TSTO forum, that gif bags are going to give double pay, or something like that, on Christmas day. So I'm saving them for that day.
Old 12-18-13, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
What I've been doing is sending 11 on these, and when they're done I've been sending everyone, let's you double-dip on 11 of them. I'm at 26,000, so hopefully I can use the one where you can send most guys on 8 hour tasks repeatedly to get enough coins to finish up the wheel prizes.
Yeah, that's a good idea, especially if you send the people who don't normally earn GCs. I've been assigning everyone to those quests at the same time, so while I don't get the double-dip at least I get a lot of extra GCs. Thanks to the multi-character quests, I'm over 26,000, and it's good to hear that extras will translate to coins.

As others have said, I take no offense if someone is unable to reciprocate gift bags. I have a hard time tracking them myself, so I've been leaving two bags with everyone I recall has hit me.

It is a little tricky having won the Mr Plow outfit on the wheel and now having three different quests going on.
Old 12-18-13, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Upcoming Holiday Special Tasks & Rewards -- so you can plan accordingly.
Spoiler:
  • There's a two-part Homer task unlocked on Dec. 22 or 23 -- afterwords, there should be a Gil discount donut offer unlocked (up to 25% bonus on all donuts purchased) around Dec. 24 and ending Dec. 25. Given that this is a timed-questline, it should be independent of how far you're in the main questline.

• The Grumple (non-playable character) is unlocked on Dec. 24 -- should cost 120 donuts.

• On Dec. 25, all GCs are doubled and you get a free reindeer in your inventory. This may only run through Dec. 27.

• When the Ebenezer Burns skin (the third Community Prize) is unlocked, there's a five-part questline for Burns.

Last edited by Adboy151; 12-18-13 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-18-13, 11:40 AM

Always click your friends Egg Nog Bar if you can. I just collected a coin and only have 13 hours until I get another one. I also have a tile back up.
Old 12-18-13, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Adboy151
Upcoming Holiday Special Tasks & Rewards -- so you can plan accordingly.
Spoiler:
  • There's a two-part Homer task unlocked on Dec. 22 -- afterwords, there should be a Gil discount donut offer unlocked (up to 25% bonus on all donuts purchased) around Dec. 24 and ending Dec. 25. Given that this is timed-questline, it should be independent of how far you're in the main questline.

• The Grumple (non-playable character) is unlocked on Dec. 24 -- should cost 120 donuts

• On Dec. 25, all GCs are doubled and you a get a free reindeer in your inventory. This may only run through Dec. 27.

• When the Ebenezer Burns skin is unlocked (the third Community Prize), there's a five-part questline for Burns.
120 donuts for a NP character? Bah, humbug.

I had put all my Halloween stuff in inventory after that ended (other than Kang), but decided to break the Witch and her house back out today. The gingerbread house feels appropriate for Christmas.
Old 12-18-13, 12:47 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Braddok
Quick question for all. Somehow I got logged out and forgot my pass. So I go through the process of setting it again, and the game started over. How do I log out and back in again

I'm playing on my iPhone, if that matters.

Thanks
I wonder if they did something. I was in my game a few times earlier today. I never hit the log out button. I just tried to open the game now to check on a quest progress, and I got a message that I was logged out and to log back in.

Odd..

**EDIT**

Yeah.. I think something is going on with the servers.. I just got disconnected three times in the game. I tap on a gift or just scroll through the town and I get the "Cannot Connect to Server" retry Bart screen
Old 12-18-13, 01:41 PM

I got that a few times also. Maybe I did not do anything wrong, but i still can not get into my old Springfield and they made me start over.
Old 12-18-13, 06:20 PM

Not sure if it was a glitch or not but for the "overeating" task, everyone just wandered around town randomly instead of going to an actual restaurant. The task did complete when they all finished. But now everyone is just walking around doing nothing without the next quest part opening.

Upon checking, it's started by Moe and he and a bunch of residents are free so I don't know what the deal is.
Old 12-18-13, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
Are you sure about that? I thought the same, but they were going in and out of different restaurants, albeit very briefly.
That might have been what it was then.
Old 12-18-13, 06:52 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Keith6601
That might have been what it was then.
Yeah.. I watched them for a bit too.. they were all walking fast going in and out of the various restaurants in the town.

I'm waiting for the next task to start.. after I completed the overeating one, nothing else popped up...
Old 12-18-13, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
Yeah.. I watched them for a bit too.. they were all walking fast going in and out of the various restaurants in the town.

I'm waiting for the next task to start.. after I completed the overeating one, nothing else popped up...

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with the next one activating. I tried the storage trick just to make sure there wasn't someone lagging around that I had missed but still nothing.
Old 12-18-13, 07:04 PM
Cool New Member

I could swear ever since yesterday I'm getting less gift bags. I was only averaging 15-18 or so a day, so far I haven't even gotten to 10. I don't see how some people are able to distribute theirs among 40 or even 70 neighbours. Do I just have bad luck or is anyone else getting so few?
Old 12-18-13, 07:05 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Keith6601
Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with the next one activating. I tried the storage trick just to make sure there wasn't someone lagging around that I had missed but still nothing.
I just got it. I had one character that I didn;t tap on to complete the overeating one.. Moe starts the next one which is overdrinking.. 8 hours.. needs 12 characters but you can pretty much send everyone except kids and the irish bartender guy (if you have him).
Old 12-18-13, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
I just got it. I had one character that I didn;t tap on to complete the overeating one.. Moe starts the next one which is overdrinking.. 8 hours.. needs 12 characters but you can pretty much send everyone except kids and the irish bartender guy (if you have him).
Weird, I just got it as well but didn't do anything. Maybe it's time sensitive after the previous one.
Old 12-18-13, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

I haven't been able to connect since early this morning on my iPad
Old 12-18-13, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

MasterofDVD needs to clear out his gifts. I can't drop any.
Old 12-18-13, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Natureswarden
I could swear ever since yesterday I'm getting less gift bags. I was only averaging 15-18 or so a day, so far I haven't even gotten to 10. I don't see how some people are able to distribute theirs among 40 or even 70 neighbours. Do I just have bad luck or is anyone else getting so few?
I've never counted, but I get very few gift bags for distribution.
Old 12-18-13, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I sent grandpa to buy guns and clicked to put the arrow on him so it follows along.

He walked right to the boardwalk and kept right on going. Steps off the walk and into the water which is dark blue. Then continued straight on into the night.
Old 12-18-13, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 12-18-13, 10:02 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Grandpa is Jesus.. its a Christmas miracle..
Old 12-18-13, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

I can't get Lisa to start part 17 of the questline.
Old 12-18-13, 10:27 PM

For some reason it logged me out again, and when I signed back in I had to start over. So now I have 3 Springfields
Old 12-18-13, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

That walking on water happened to me today with Mr burns.
Old 12-18-13, 11:09 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by bippitty
I've never counted, but I get very few gift bags for distribution.
I thought maybe since they lowered the number we needed for the collective prizes that they started handing out less as well. Could be just coincidence though.
Old 12-19-13, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They are going to have to send out a rescue party for grampa, I hope he makes it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.