Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty: Ghosts (November 2013)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-13, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts (November 2013)

Originally Posted by Deftones
But Matthew Chmiel told me it was next gen only. I feel so robbed.
Whoa, where'd that bus come from?
Old 04-29-13, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

www.callofduty.com has a teaser image that is slowly being revealed.
Old 04-29-13, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bet it involves guns and shooting dudes.
Old 04-29-13, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
I bet it involves guns and shooting dudes.
Can you please spoilerize this shit?
Old 04-29-13, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chuckd21
I bet it involves guns and shooting dudes but then people complain that they got killed even though they shot at dudes first due to shitty lag comp .
Fixed via GameFAQS.
Old 05-01-13, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SQEbPn36m1c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Officially current gen and next gen. Boring teaser, cool looking print on that mask though.
Old 05-01-13, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

I must be in the minority - I really enjoy Black Ops II multiplayer. I have barely touched the single player. I skipped MW3 but played a lot of MW, MW2 and Black Ops. I really think BOPSII is the most enjoyable.

I'm all for a new one on the next gen systems too.
Old 05-01-13, 06:36 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

What a terrible trailer. I thought it was an ad for deadliest warrior.
Old 05-01-13, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

GameStop
The following items are pre-order bonuses at GameStop, both for regular customers and for members of the Power-Up Rewards program.

Black Ops II Weapon Skin

Players who pre-order Ghosts will receive a code to redeem Call of Duty Ghosts-themed weapon camo for use in Call of Duty: Black Ops II.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/call-of-dut...-Order_Bonuses
Old 05-02-13, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Think I'll be passing on this one. I've haven't touched BLOPS 2 in over 2 months now. Which is by far the longest I've gone without playing COD since I got into the series. Treyarch shit the bed and have become so arrogant that they won't even acknowledge that the game is fucked up.

And yes that was a terrible teaser.
Old 05-02-13, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^^ You'll be back... but the game is fucked up... and the trailer sucks.
Old 05-02-13, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The teaser sucks. I get why it exists as Activision has always announced the next CoD game during the NBA Finals, but I would've liked some gameplay footage rather than, "WAIT UNTIL MAY 21ST! LULZ!"

For example, here was BO2's reveal last year: http://youtu.be/6Xg7xLvXZms
Old 05-21-13, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B00xKmtyfaY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4VcR5_LYaVo?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-21-13, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This will be the first COD game I pass on ever. But I just don't think these games are getting any better.
Old 05-21-13, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

If Ghosts is truly only a next gen game, I think it would be cool if they released a 10 year anniversary multi-player only mega disc for PS3 & 360. It would include every map, gun, etc. from the old games along with some new ones. They could sell it for less than a full game (but probably wouldn't, lol).

Seems like it would be an easy cash grab. They'd be stupid not to.

EDIT: guess I haven't been following close enough. Didn't realize it was coming out on current gen too.

Last edited by JTH182; 05-21-13 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-21-13, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When you release a new game every year, it's just boring. Especially when they are basically glorified map packs. I don't care about another Call of Duty. It will sell millions of course, but this series has been stale for a while.

I welcome destructible environments in any game, and I love an ARMA style expanded control repertoire, but I think these things will further complicate the gameplay. And what does it really matter in a series where people can routinely call in helicopters that basically autokill half the server.
Old 05-21-13, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by madcougar
This will be the first COD game I pass on ever. But I just don't think these games are getting any better.
Same here. Even on the new system, they need to give the series a rest for a year or so. Give it some time to really build some anticipation and make some improvements. Then impress everyone like they did with Moderen Warfare.
Old 05-21-13, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I love how IW talked up the new game mechanic of "sliding" which is basically 3arcs dolphin dive like it's innovative.

Oh and don't forget about the revolutionary "vaulting" as opposed to jumping while being able to shoot. Wait, what? Battlefield 3 already had a vaulting mechanic? Oh well then nevermind. Nothing to see here.

But there's more we now have "leaning" so you corner camping quick sniping fucks can now play peek a boo without exposing your entire body. Lovely.
Old 05-22-13, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JTH182
If Ghosts is truly only a next gen game, I think it would be cool if they released a 10 year anniversary multi-player only mega disc for PS3 & 360. It would include every map, gun, etc. from the old games along with some new ones. They could sell it for less than a full game (but probably wouldn't, lol).
They should've waited a year and done this instead. However, the only way for this idea to truly work would be via dedicated servers which IW, Treyarch, and-or Activation don't want to utilize on the 360 and PS3.

Did MW3 or BO2 have dedicated servers on the PC or did they use matchmaking a la the console titles (or MW2 on the PC)?
Old 05-22-13, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think this looks pretty good. Lest we forget that the real appeal of the CoD or MW games are the killstreak rewards --- something Battlefield doesn't quite seem to grasp.
Old 05-22-13, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesnt look very visually impressive. But I never thought the COD games have been lookers. They all run fast and smooth but never look as impressive as some other shooters.
Old 07-02-13, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Call of Duty: Ghosts Pre-Orders Offer Bonus Map
Fight your way through a collapsing skyscraper.

Activision has announced a bonus map available to players who pre-order Call of Duty: Ghosts. The multiplayer map, called Free Fall, “drops players into a shattered skyscraper on the brink of collapse” and shows off Infinity Ward’s new dynamic map events, which change the environment as you play.

Activision explained Free Fall with the following description: “Sideways staircases climb into the night sky, elevator shafts run along the ground, and what were once windows now form a terrifying glass floor, hundreds of feet above the city streets. Free Fall’s close-quarters combat and frenetic action are then thrown into overdrive as the ruined skyscraper continues to fall throughout the match. With every drop, the accompanying shockwaves cause further destruction, disrupting sightlines and constantly evolving paths and chokepoints as the map changes in real-time.”

"Dynamic map events change the way players approach the game, and Free Fall does a great job illustrating this new mechanic,” said Infinity Ward executive producer Mark Rubin. “As the match progresses, the geometry of the world continues to change and players need to adjust on the fly or else. It’s a really fun new feature that adds layers of strategy and constantly evolving gameplay options for players. And this is just one of the many new approaches we’re putting into Ghosts’ multiplayer across the board. There’s so much more that we look forward to sharing in the weeks to come."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...ffer-bonus-map
Old 07-02-13, 02:01 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

its gonna be extremely weird playing COD with a ps4 controller after playing it only on 360 these past years
Old 07-02-13, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

I'm guessing the other weird thing for you may be the wait for new multiplayer map packs.
Old 08-04-13, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Joystiq
The upcoming transition into a new generation of consoles is futzing with pre-order numbers for Call of Duty: Ghosts, according to CEO of Activision Publishing, Eric Hirshberg. During his company's earnings call yesterday, Hirshberg noted that pre-orders for Ghosts are "well below the record-setting pace set by Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 last year," and that the impending arrival of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are to blame.

"Our quantitative consumer research indicates that hesitation amongst past COD pre-orderers is primarily due to not knowing which platform they will be playing on, which is natural at this time in the console transition," he said. Despite the lower pre-order numbers, Hirshberg noted that "other key engagement metrics," such as the number of people playing per month and per day, the amount of DLC sales and community engagement, are all higher than previous years. He also added that pre-orders are more than double that of the original Call of Duty: Black Ops, which was last time Activision introduced a new Call of Duty sub-brand.

Activision isn't the first publisher to cite next-gen consoles for lower pre-order numbers. EA Sports brand president Peter Moore recently made similar statements, reporting "softness" in pre-orders for current-gen sports titles as we get closer to the launch of the PS4 and Xbox One.
The multiplayer reveal is announced for August 14th, 2013.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.