Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-14, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

And Now I get Jolder's Hammer from Iron Banner. It's an Arc Machine Gun, but the clip is 26. Jeez.

I actually reforged this gun, as the perks I got from it sucked. Reforging costs 2 motes. I got slightly better perks the second time around. Could always try again.

With 3 Lashes, I didn't feel reforging made sense there, as they all have different perks.

I'm just 108 rep points away from Level 4, meaning I'd get the gloves, and have a full set of legendary 30s. Woot Woot. Just need more Glimmer (Wow, I actually need Glimmer!)

Last edited by TheKing; 11-20-14 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-20-14, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CKlGMPJaTCY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-20-14, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing
Just need more Glimmer (Wow, I actually need Glimmer!)
yeah, realized the other day that for the first time ever in this game I am going to need to possibly use the consumables for glimmer boosts due to having to fork out a kings ransom in glimmer for IB purchases
Old 11-20-14, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK, I got to Level 4 in Iron Banner. I was just a bit short on Glimmer, so I went and did the Moon Patrol bounty. Got one of those jackpot chests, and inside was a Legendary Engram. It became shards. Got another Legendary from ranking the cryptarch up, and it became Energy.

Also, Iron Banner gave me a 4th Timur's Lash. I think I've seen one other person get it while I've been playing. One got the machine gun, and then there was the one guy that got the Gjallarhorn. But I get 4 of the freaking hand cannon.

And here's the bad news: I broke down one of them since, well, 4 is kinda useless, and I got only weapon parts. No Energy for breaking down IB weapons. At least I could break down the 4 Found Verdicts I didn't need for Energy.

So I maxed the boots, bought the gloves, and plan to buy the Fusion as well. Then I still want to buy the boots for my Hunter.

Oh, and chess, I'm up for running the weeklies.
Old 11-20-14, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing

And here's the bad news: I broke down one of them since, well, 4 is kinda useless, and I got only weapon parts. No Energy for breaking down IB weapons.
yeah, it was the same with the Queen's weapons/armor
no energy/shards for breaking down
Old 11-20-14, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekl...News?aid=12419

This week at Bungie, we made some special deliveries.

Your console may have received over 2 gigs of data to pave some new roads that lead to our first expansion. If you’re holding a pass for the on ramp, your friendly neighborhood Postmaster may have received a shiny new vehicle with your name on it. The Tower most definitely received a guest in the form of Lord Saladin. Some of your favorite Crucible maps received some new cover to shield you from hostile gunfire. Even the nice lady that camps the puddle-strewn depths of Tower North received some new shaders and emblems.

We hope some of that booty made it your way. As the bits start to settle, let’s track all parcels that went outbound from us to you. If you got what you ordered, go play Destiny. For the “may haves,” there is always Help. If you crave extra details or have questions, scroll past the line.

How We Roll

Right around the time the Iron Banner caught fire again, the hottest new model in the Sparrow fleet made a surprise appearance in the wild. We gave you a day to trick it out on your own. Then we showed you how we roll. Please join us as we pop the hood and see what makes this baby tick.

The chief mechanic who modded your sweet new ride is Bill Gross. This game designer did the heavy lifting in the garage. You can thank him (and our crew, it must be said) for every vehicle in the Destiny motor pool. Both domestic and imports. The rowdy steed that became the Tumbler was his pet.

You provided the inspiration. “Players’ desire for self-expression was the driving force behind the creation of the Sparrow,” Bill says. “I’ve watched dozens of community Sparrow trick videos and was blown away by the creativity. I wanted to unlock that trick potential for all players.”

This was a post-launch sprint to inject some fresh fun into the world of Destiny. “Early in October, the Tumbler was born,” recalls Bill. “I wasn’t sure if we would be able to release it, so I sent a demo video to the entire studio. Two days later, people were at my desk asking if I could finish it.”

“No problem,” was the answer. From there, Bill assembled a crack team to create a unique paint job and some daredevil character animations. The results will be available to anyone who decides to accept the next set of challenges we’re about to unleash. Some of you are already tumbling across the frontier.

Now it’s your turn to show us what tricks are up your sleeves.

Scruffy Looking Nerf Curvers

When Iron Banner first beckoned you with an invitation to battle the most dangerous creatures in the game, we made a dare:

Power Does Matter.

With the return of Iron Banner, we can again ask the question:

Does Power Matter?

Online chatter seems to indicate that it does. Level 30 Guardians are shrugging off punches thrown by Level 20 challengers who forgot to eat their shards. This visualization of the new threat-matrix comes courtesy of Competitive Designer Derek Carroll.

He lovingly referred to it as the "Nerf Curve."

Exotic Chaos Theory

Update 1.0.3 was our biggest yet. We hit every major system that makes Destiny work with new content or bug killing agents. The best I can understand it as a player is that lots of math gets added to even more existing math. That sounds like a nightmare to these gunfire deafened ears.

When that many numbers collide on the super-highway, some of ‘em get lost – or just plain old smashed. This week, something happened to weaken Thorn’s capacity to inflict Damage Over Time with its Mark of the Devourer perk. That poisoned barb that lodges in your armor and pecks away at you is now two points weaker (seen below, measured with a 3, down from 5). Oops!

"Soon, Thorn will be restored to its former glory... And then some."

Their investigation also revealed that rumors of other weapon nerfs had been greatly exaggerated. Above, we see a freshly “earned” Last Word, standing its ground within expected parameters. When reached for comment by myself, I said “You still have to aim that thing.”

We engage in math homework not to argue with you, but because we know you care. And we love that. Thanks for thinking that your favorite piece is worth protecting. If your favorite exotic is in need of aid and succor, help is on the way.

We’re about to give you more reasons to covet almost all of the Exotics in the Grimoire deck. With the last update behind us, we can start to telegraph the next. Exotics are about to come off the workbench. We’ll be shuffling the cards before The Dark Below launches. Just in time for fresh targets. We know you’ve been waiting and asking while we’ve been working.

The economy of war in the City is being updated along with the rarest and most unique guns on your rack. Even the marks you’ve earned will have new buyers who hold what your arsenal craves. I’m saving the numbers for the notes that are being written up right now.

I’ve endured too much math for one week. We all have.

The Strikes Strike Back

Somewhere between the mission you can finish solo and the Raid that requires a cooperative mind-meld between six willing Guardians is a Strike. Strikes are a three-player cooperative activity in Destiny. We designed encounters that would demand the safety you find in numbers. That’s been the pitch since Designer James Tsai made it at (internal) Bungie Day 2012.

Since launch, we’ve noticed that, for some players, a partner was the last thing you wanted on a Strike. >People were kicking their friends out of parties for better chances of surviving. This is what Jimmy had to say >about our approach to Strikes over the long-term, and from the beginning:

We were looking over the data from Strikes and found that some unintentional damage scaling was occurring based on team size. The larger the Fireteam, the more damage an enemy shot would inflict upon its members.

We made a couple of changes. First, we tuned the damage to be a little easier overall so that we’d see higher survival rates in 3-player fireteams. Then, we normalized these damage values across all group sizes so that players wouldn’t feel that additional Guardians joining their Strike made things harder. Players can now be certain that people joining their team are helping their progress, not hindering it.

The side effect of this change is that playing Strikes solo has indeed become a little harder. We >acknowledge that this is undesirable for many players and we are considering different ways to solve these >problems.

We’ll continue to have conversations about how to support the solo player over the longer term. Right now, our attention is focused on the feedback you’ve given us about the Raid.

Search and Rescue. Search and Destroy.

The Destiny Operations Center is a force for good. Sometimes, that good comes in the form of helping those in need. But good must also oppose evil. This was their hit-list as we updated Destiny, followed by their recap of the stabilizing aftermath.

Patches are typically released simultaneously across all platforms. A technical error postponed the Xbox One patch. This was unintended and we apologize for the delay.
As the 1.0.3 patch went live, simultaneous maintenance on the PlayStation Network delayed availability of the patch download to some players, appearing as the BOAR error message.
After patching was completed for many, European players on the PS3 continued to receive BOAR errors and were unable to connect to Destiny. After collaborating on a fix, these issues were resolved.
On Tuesday, players were hitting NEWT and VULTURE errors, preventing them from signing into Destiny. Players were able to log in later that same day and Bungie will continue to monitor NEWT and VULTURE as the hit rates decline.

On Wednesday, a short maintenance period saw players unable to view in-game stats on their Companion App and Bungie.net profile. During future maintenance periods, we expect in-game stats may not update or may appear stale and outdated. Your data is not lost and stats will update once maintenance is complete.

Currently, we are investigating some players experiencing low frame-rates while using Xbox One party chat. Players have reported a potential workaround you can try as we continue to investigate a fix for this issue. In some cases, refraining from using the Xbox One Party Chat app seems to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Some of you may have noticed a little gift from the Postmaster. The EV-30 TUMBLER is a brand new Sparrow currently available to players if they have purchased one of the following Destiny products:

Destiny Ghost Edition
Destiny Limited Edition
Destiny Digital Guardian Edition
Destiny Expansion Pass
Destiny Expansion The Dark Below (The Sparrow becomes available as part of this specific offer on December 9th, 2014)
If you have one of the above-mentioned products, but cannot find your Sparrow, we have a FAQ available. Please check the article for additional information on how to receive this sick-nasty Sparrow.

Lastly, if you were recently banned from Destiny for exploiting a known glitch that provided you with Heavy ammunition that was not earned in battle, as of the latest patch that exploit no longer exists. We have begun lifting bans and giving players another chance to compete in the Crucible. That said, the Banhammer is always watching. Should you stray from the path of fair play, judgment will be swift.

Take special notice of that last part! The team that can see you when you’re encountering errors in orbit also knows when you’re a cheat. They don’t even need to see it. Righteous science is hard at work to keep our streets clean of unauthorized ammunition.

Be excellent to each other.

Next week is a time of feasting and celebration in our corner of the world. We’ll still take a moment to give thanks for the community that plays Destiny and keeps us honest.

Talk to you then, and every day until then.
Old 11-21-14, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

probably my best IB match (and not for Timur's Lash either .... like Scott, I have plenty of those)

Old 11-21-14, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Jeez, 28 kills and one death for that other guy.

Still, a solid job by you as well.

Anyway, here comes this week's Xur Report. I like it, but I think most will be disappointed.

Xur is located in the Hangar, way down in that bottom area. Basically go as far as you possibly can in the hangar and you'll find him.

For Titans, It's the Armamentarium again! Just kidding. This week he has the No Backup Plans Gauntlets.
For Hunters, it's the Young Ahamkama's Spine gauntlets. Yeah, arm gear for both.
For Warlocks, It's Voidfang Vestments! And sadly this time I'm not kidding.

The engram is for Helmets.

The weapon this week is the MIDA Multi-Tool Scout Rifle, another new weapon from Xur. If you have the Vision Of Confluence, this gun probably won't float your boat.

So there you go. I grabbed the two gauntlets, giving me all the exotic gear for both the Titans and Hunters. Also bought the Multi-Tool, to see what it can do, and for the Grimoire card. Bought an engram, and got a crappy Skullfort. 2 Shards. Oy. I think I'm done with those Engrams. I only need one helmet and one chest armor to complete the Exotic set.
`

Last edited by TheKing; 11-21-14 at 03:27 AM.
Old 11-21-14, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I've had the Multi for ages but have not leveled it up to the point where it does long range damage. That will come at some point.

I don't really want the Spine gauntlets for the Hunter, and I have the other armor.

I get to save my coins and maybe use them next weekend. I get home early Sunday morning just before Xúr arrives.
Old 11-21-14, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not gonna complain when he's selling 3 things I don't have, and I bought all 3, but yeah, nothing I'm gonna use.

Got my Warlock back to 30 and did the hard raid. Only got Hezen Vengeance and my 8th raid speeder.

Still need Weeklies and Nightfalls.
Old 11-21-14, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't forget, next Friday is Xur's Black Friday sale. Most items are half off and engrams are B2G1
Old 11-21-14, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If he ever sells chest engrams again, I'm gonna be ready. Over 80 motes of light.

Any word on whether Xur's engine upgrades do anything for the flaming trick bike?
Old 11-21-14, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Don't forget, next Friday is Xur's Black Friday sale. Most items are half off and engrams are B2G1
Old 11-21-14, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I bet ya they will do something for Xur Black Friday.
Old 11-21-14, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Think I'll wait till next weeks Black Friday Sale. My Titan is set with more stuff he can use and Hunter has two Helmets and chest pc. And as Scott mentioned if you have the Vision of Confluence...which I have three of...no sense on getting the Multi-Tool.
Old 11-21-14, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Would be great if Xúr had special prices on the best and most popular items.

My to-buy list is pretty short, however:

1. Gjallarhorn
  2. A second Icebreaker
  3. Hunter chest piece
Old 11-21-14, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah the Xur report is disappointing this week ... I thought X-mas was going to come Xurly this week

I have no doubt there will be some type of Black Friday sale ... I mean come on the guy is the man in black and he comes out on Fridays

he best have the Gjallarhorn but it better not be a door buster as I can't wake up that early
Old 11-21-14, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I got my Hunter pretty close to Level 3 in the Iron Banner. I think I'm around 500 rep away from getting there. But with 5 of the 6 bounties completed (damn you 10 kills without dying!), I'll just wait until tomorrow to finish up. Then she'll be on her way to Level 30!

If I wanted to be a Masochist I could try and get my Warlock up to Rank 5. Might do that, but then again I'd rather Raid with the late nighters tonight and show off my Level 30 stud.

Originally Posted by chess
If he ever sells chest engrams again, I'm gonna be ready. Over 80 motes of light.

Any word on whether Xur's engine upgrades do anything for the flaming trick bike?
Still looking for Praxic Fire? Man, I just hope he sells it straight out.

As for the engine upgrade, it has to be a Rare Sparrow, and the Tumbler is a Legendary. Since I spent so much this week, and the fact I have 3 Tumblers, 3 Raid Sparrows and already upgraded 2 of my 3 rare sparrows, I decided to skip upgrading the third...for now.
Old 11-21-14, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I compare the stats of the rare sparrow and the tumbler, they seem to be the same. Does upgrading the rare sparrow with the Xur upgrade make it faster than the tumbler?
Old 11-21-14, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Dark Below trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKlGMPJaTCY
Old 11-21-14, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chase3001
When I compare the stats of the rare sparrow and the tumbler, they seem to be the same. Does upgrading the rare sparrow with the Xur upgrade make it faster than the tumbler?
Yes. The Xur upgraded sparrow is technically the fastest in the game, even faster than the Timebreaker. However, the Timebreaker in Overdrive does go faster. It also explodes
Old 11-21-14, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Eventually I guess I will have one character with the Raid Sparrow, one with the tricks Sparrow, and one with the upgraded Sparrow.
Old 11-22-14, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Just wanted to say thanks for the Raid invite last night but sorry I wasn't much on conversation...just a really bad sore throat. And sorry to see no-one really came out a winner except some getting the red Death but still no armor. Didn't think we did bad and got a few glitches. If anything I really do need to do the "Shield". I sort of know the use and concept along with the strategy. I found this online whci pretty much sums it up or at least for me. If a group is wanting to do another I'd like to and at least given chance to use it......

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704532-destiny/70329441

Venus (green)
- Relic user jumps and tries to hit the little guys and the minotaur at once (jump + R2), with priority on the minotaur. Someone else on the teleport team should have void weaponry equipped to help drop the minotaur incredibly fast. Keep using jump + R2 to kill the minotaur, that's really the only threat here. Once he drops finish off the little guys however you see fit. Meanwhile, the other guy is shooting at the first 1 or 2 oracles solo, until the mobs are clear. Then teammate two also focuses on oracles. Relic user does "quick cleanse" to make sure cleansing doesn't take long to recharge.

Mars (red)
- Relic user does the jump + R2 combo to hit 2 or 3 hobgoblins at once. If done right, this can kill all 3 with one hit. If one hobgoblin is far away from the other two, then the other teleport team members should focus on taking JUST THAT ONE out. Make sure the team members do NOT throw a grenade or open fire on the goblins causing them to bring their temporary shield up. That can throw off the rhythm of relic user. After that just keep the guys cleansed (quick taps again).

Once you get through the gate you have a couple options.

1. Hop on the middle platform and press the cleanse button to bring up your shield. Everyone else should hop in the middle as well and DPS the boss.

2. Cleanse IMMEDIATELY as you get through the gate so that your other team members walk through it and stop going blind. Then Relic carrier and teleport team get back against the wall and everyone holds their respective position DPSing the boss, including relic user using super charge.

Number 1 will do more DPS to Atheon. Number 2 is less risky since the teleport team is already back, so you don't need to worry about getting hit by a blast from Atheon when dropping the shield to get back.
Old 11-23-14, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chess
Aren't they doing something to bump current raid gear to 32? Thought I read that somewhere.
I assumed they ment there will be new raid gear that will get your to 32. Also heard they are doing something to exotics to give it more light. We will see when the DLC hits.

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Just wanted to say thanks for the Raid invite last night but sorry I wasn't much on conversation...just a really bad sore throat. And sorry to see no-one really came out a winner except some getting the red Death but still no armor. Didn't think we did bad and got a few glitches. If anything I really do need to do the "Shield". I sort of know the use and concept along with the strategy. I found this online whci pretty much sums it up or at least for me. If a group is wanting to do another I'd like to and at least given chance to use it......

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704532-destiny/70329441

Venus (green)
- Relic user jumps and tries to hit the little guys and the minotaur at once (jump + R2), with priority on the minotaur. Someone else on the teleport team should have void weaponry equipped to help drop the minotaur incredibly fast. Keep using jump + R2 to kill the minotaur, that's really the only threat here. Once he drops finish off the little guys however you see fit. Meanwhile, the other guy is shooting at the first 1 or 2 oracles solo, until the mobs are clear. Then teammate two also focuses on oracles. Relic user does "quick cleanse" to make sure cleansing doesn't take long to recharge.

Mars (red)
- Relic user does the jump + R2 combo to hit 2 or 3 hobgoblins at once. If done right, this can kill all 3 with one hit. If one hobgoblin is far away from the other two, then the other teleport team members should focus on taking JUST THAT ONE out. Make sure the team members do NOT throw a grenade or open fire on the goblins causing them to bring their temporary shield up. That can throw off the rhythm of relic user. After that just keep the guys cleansed (quick taps again).

Once you get through the gate you have a couple options.

1. Hop on the middle platform and press the cleanse button to bring up your shield. Everyone else should hop in the middle as well and DPS the boss.

2. Cleanse IMMEDIATELY as you get through the gate so that your other team members walk through it and stop going blind. Then Relic carrier and teleport team get back against the wall and everyone holds their respective position DPSing the boss, including relic user using super charge.

Number 1 will do more DPS to Atheon. Number 2 is less risky since the teleport team is already back, so you don't need to worry about getting hit by a blast from Atheon when dropping the shield to get back.

That's a very solid strategy, however I have one small change that I think works a little better. While in the portal, the relic holder gives one final cleanse where there is one oracle left. He leaves before they are done killing them all and goes to the middle platform. It gives you a few more seconds on times vengeance. Iff everything goes well, Aethon will done dead in about two cycles. I also do not like the back by the door, as you usually have to take one person away from the boss and have they on harpy detail

Last edited by Me007gold; 11-23-14 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-23-14, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Me007gold
That's a very solid strategy, however I have one small change that I think works a little better. While in the portal, the relic holder gives one final cleanse where there is one oracle left. He leaves before they are done killing them all and goes to the middle platform. It gives you a few more seconds on times vengeance. Iff everything goes well, Aethon will done dead in about two cycles. I also do not like the back by the door, as you usually have to take one person away from the boss and have they on harpy detail
Agree. I usually call "last cleanse" when the away team is shooting the next to the last oracle. I also call out the direction as I leave the portal to remind the team where the middle is.

And hanging out by the back will absolutely get you killed in the hard raid.

Don't think I've posted about it, but I finally did my Nightfalls the other night. Got a Monte Carlo and my third Suros Regime.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.