Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-14, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

Would like to try the raid for the first time. Will be on tonight prob between 8:00 and 9:00 central time. 26 level hunter.
Old 10-23-14, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm up for the raid tonight as well (if I'm still online when all you late nighters decide to start playing )

I'd like to try it with my Titan. He's lvl 27, but I should be able to get him to 28 before tonight. I have a ton of shards saved up so I guess I can spare a few to boost his light level just enough to be a little more effective. The way it's been going for me, I'll probably earn them all back in the raid anyway.
Old 10-23-14, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Now that the loot cave is no more, is there a good way to quickly level an alt without running through the campaign again?
Old 10-23-14, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lopper
Now that the loot cave is no more, is there a good way to quickly level an alt without running through the campaign again?
Not really.

I'd suggest doing a planet a day (only the required story missions, since the side missions often show up as bounties) along with all available bounties and a couple of public events.

Hopefully you already have some gear waiting for when they hit 20.
Old 10-23-14, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Can't you just run the low-level Earth strike over and over?
Nexus is easier to make it through with out dying. You can still get caught off guard in that first room. With nexus you can skip everything after the Servertors.

Just be thankfully you arnt doing Bad JuJu. You have to complete 25 strikes.
Old 10-23-14, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Currently Level 23.5. What's the best way for me to get to 26-27 so I can join any late night Raids? Unless RNGesus is very kind to me by gifting me Legendary pieces, I will max out at Level 24 from doing the Strikes by equipping only Rare armor.

My Vanguard faction is almost Rank 2 and I have around 70 VG Marks from running PE's, bounties, and strikes. I only have about 7 Strange Coins and can never find a group to run the Weekly Nightfall during my playtime. Plus, my primary weapon sucks balls. I might as well throw rocks at the Vex or Cabal.

I'm guessing I have to keep grinding away on Vanguard Rep/Marks to buy a few pieces of Legendary armor to get me to 27-28?? Faction grinding is painfully slow and boring though.
Old 10-23-14, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
I'm sure that is the easy part of the bounty .... if you are worried about that part you might as well dismiss the bounty now
Exotic bounties are multi staged
Yeah, I finished the first stage. Now I have to kill 25 guardians in the crucible for part 2. The one thing I just realized is that I am a Hunter and I'm doing this bounty for the Warlock lady. I'll probably end up getting an exotic weapon for the Warlock class instead of for me. I'll pay closer attention if I get another one of these opportunities again.
Old 10-23-14, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Yeah, I finished the first stage. Now I have to kill 25 guardians in the crucible for part 2. The one thing I just realized is that I am a Hunter and I'm doing this bounty for the Warlock lady. I'll probably end up getting an exotic weapon for the Warlock class instead of for me. I'll pay closer attention if I get another one of these opportunities again.
weapons aren't class based/locked
Old 10-23-14, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

If anything you need to get your VG marks up high enough to at least buy a Vanguard Legendary armor pc by doing plenty of bounties and lots of Random Strikes. In fact I would even maybe get two. If you want Nightfall, Raid, Weekly and Daily you need to get buffed a bit on the armor side. The higher you are you able to do the higher the mission difficulty, the better chance at better stuff....either by drops, chests or missions.

There are plenty here playing and plenty have helped me. I'd grab some easy and good bounties, check and see what everyone on the list is doing and try to join anyone running them. It's so much quicker when 2-3 are doing the bounties as a group and most of the time they don't mind since everyone gets helped.
Old 10-23-14, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by musick
weapons aren't class based/locked
Oh, then that's cool.
Old 10-23-14, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be on around 7pm est. I haven't done the nightfall this week, so if anyone's up for it feel free to join my fire team. I'd really like to attempt the Raid, but never seem to be on at the right time for it.
Old 10-23-14, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
You're doing the bounty for the Invective Shotgun. It's an auto shotty that can put 4 shots in somebody really quick. Slow reload, but once upgraded it regenerates ammo.

And it's not 25 kills in the Crucible, it's a kill/death spread of 25. That means you need to get 25 more kills than deaths, and it usually takes several games to get there (unless you're a badass of course). Assists do count as kills for this, which helps a great deal.

After that, you need to do the Weekly Heoric or Nightfall strike.

Finally, you will need to buy 50 Special Ammo packs from the Gunsmith, minus any you already have. That'll cost 12,500 Glimmer.
Old 10-23-14, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

After that, you need to do the Weekly Heoric or Nightfall strike.

Finally, you will need to buy 50 Special Ammo packs from the Gunsmith, minus any you already have. That'll cost 12,500 Glimmer.

Yeah, finished the second one and am now on the third one. Of course there's no one to play with to knock that weekly mission, so I'll stop now.

Productive day, though!
Old 10-24-14, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

tested out something running the Nightfall tonight with Bus and pittPhD
already completed it earllier this week with chase and King and was awarded the Suros with my primary Warlock

We ran the strike tonight and I started with my primary level 28 Warlock .... right at the end before we put down Phogoth I switched characters to my secondary character (level 25 Hunter) .... re-joined the striketeam from orbit an spawned back with them as we put Phogoth down

got The Truth as a reward
Old 10-24-14, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK its Xur time again. And he's a freakin' rerun.

Armamentarium chest for the Titan. Bought it last week. And just to turn the knife even more, this week's version has 24 more discipline points than last week.

Crest Of Alpha Lupi chest for Hunter. Own that too.

Voidfang Vestments chest for Warlock. Maybe...

The weapon is also a repeat, the Suros Regime is back. Own that.

Finally the engram is for Arms. Yep, arms. There's only 3 arms right now, One for Titans, one for Hunters and the Warlock Sunbreakers.

Even his location is a repeat. He's in the Vanguard hall, on the right.

I bought the Engram with my Warlock, and got the Sunbreakers. At least I got the only one I wanted. Not sure if I'll be using it, as equipping them knocks my Warlock down to 27 (from 29 Non-raid gear max). But we'll see. It's the first time I've had a choice of exotics with my Warlock.

Last edited by TheKing; 10-24-14 at 04:41 AM.
Old 10-24-14, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Having a choice of exotics is never a bad thing. I switch out all the time. The sunbreakers were the first exotic I ever got for my warlock. They're actually pretty useful if you run the Sunsinger class, more-so than the voidfang vestments anyway (which is what I typically have equipped only because I prefer the voidwalker).
Old 10-24-14, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by 19K
Having a choice of exotics is never a bad thing. I switch out all the time. The sunbreakers were the first exotic I ever got for my warlock. They're actually pretty useful if you run the Sunsinger class, more-so than the voidfang vestments anyway (which is what I typically have equipped only because I prefer the voidwalker).
I switch out the same two, but I'm hoping to get the Praxic Fire at some point, which will make the swapping easier.

I don't really use the solar grenade with my Sunsinger, so other than having intellect over strength, I'm not sure how much of a practical advantage the sunbreakers really give me over the voidfang. I've been thinking about simply running the Voidfang full time, but it will probably depend on the next piece of raid armor I get.

Bought 2 Suros Regimes. Nothing else for me this week, but that's a pretty big win. I'd buy a third, but I see them drop all the time in the raid, so I'll save a few coins for now. Plus somebody has to run the Atheon's Epilogue full time, and I have a Hard Light to level up.

I absolutely recommend the Voidfang Vestments and the Armamentarium, if you don't already have them. Both are solid gear.
Old 10-24-14, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 19K
Thanks again for running the nightfall with me last night. It would have gone a lot quicker if I didn't mess up and re-spawn the entire boss room.

I'll probably be on either tonight or tomorrow for another nightfall run with my Warlock this time if anyone is interested.

As much as I love my hawkmoon hand cannon, I figured what the hell and picked up the Suros Regime. I love the fact that the hawkmoon is basically a primary sniper rife, but it's not the best when dealing with a mob of enemies.
Old 10-24-14, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally get to pick up the Suros

I'll be on later tonight, around 8 - 9 CST. I still haven't completed one nightfall challenge yet, so I'd easily be up for that if anyone wants to. Also need to run through the weekly challenge for some strange coins.
Old 10-24-14, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't know how, but the PvP matchmaking is just getting worse.

I'm trying to get 3 wins. 3. By sheer dumb luck you should get that in 8, 9, maybe 10 games.

I'm at 13 games played...and I've been on the winning team twice. Ridiculous. And these aren't close games. How is this supposed to be fun when every match is so lopsided, AND I get put on the shit team 80% of the time?
Old 10-24-14, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OK, I'll admit it. The SUROS is awesome.

I have a fully upgraded Atheons Epilogue, and it feels like this is already way better without any upgrades. It definitely handles better than any auto rifle I've used. The only downfall is that its exotic and it makes switching to Ice Breaker a pain. Also, it doesn't seem to have much ammo. But it fires so much slower that it hasn't been an issue... yet. Seems like every round hits the target.
Old 10-24-14, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I was hoping for a bit more variety on the armor. I already have a Exotic Chest for the Titan along with a Raid Chest pc and my Warlock got Raid Gloves & Chest early this week. A couple of weeks ago I would've jumped at a Suros Rifle but I feel pretty comfortable with what Primary Weapons I have now. I already have a Monte Carlo, (2) Hard Lights and got the Atheon this week plus several Legendary.

If anything I need to run the Vault several times or something to get Shards. My Warlock is out and the Titan only has (11). I just haven't got Shards to drop; plenty of Energy though. I did six Tiger Strikes last night and nothing but Rare, not even a single Rare Coin. Plus I'd like a shot at getting another Raid Armor pc for either character.
Old 10-24-14, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
I don't know how, but the PvP matchmaking is just getting worse.

I'm trying to get 3 wins. 3. By sheer dumb luck you should get that in 8, 9, maybe 10 games.

I'm at 13 games played...and I've been on the winning team twice. Ridiculous. And these aren't close games. How is this supposed to be fun when every match is so lopsided, AND I get put on the shit team 80% of the time?
Maybe you are contributing to the shittiness of the team... but yeah, I have had that happen as well... wtf

I end up leaving PVP, waiting until that game would have already started and start again so I get put in with different people.

I did notice that PVP does mix up the teams for each map though
Old 10-24-14, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chess
I don't really use the solar grenade with my Sunsinger, so other than having intellect over strength, I'm not sure how much of a practical advantage the sunbreakers really give me over the voidfang. I've been thinking about simply running the Voidfang full time, but it will probably depend on the next piece of raid armor I get.
It gives you a grenade boost if you melee too. And melee with the Sunsinger is much better than voidwalker because it causes damage over time with the burn, AND it gives you that temporary damage resistance shield.

Depends on your play styles guess. But the Sunbreakers are really good if you like tossing grenades and punching bitches.
Old 10-24-14, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Music
Maybe you are contributing to the shittiness of the team... but yeah, I have had that happen as well... wtf

I end up leaving PVP, waiting until that game would have already started and start again so I get put in with different people.

I did notice that PVP does mix up the teams for each map though
I'm the leading scorer most of the time on my team when this happens. And I do leave after every slaughter. And of course half the time I'm put into another game that's already started...on a team already getting reamed even before I get there.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.