Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-16, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

On the new strikes....they're still like the rest of the SIVA Strikes able to jump in with random players correct?

...and the new exotics are thru the Strikes only?
Old 12-16-16, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
On the new strikes....they're still like the rest of the SIVA Strikes able to jump in with random players correct?

...and the new exotics are thru the Strikes only?
Before I start my report I'll answer these. Strike playlists haven't changed other than adding the scoring system to them. Still randoms.

The new machine guns are obtained through the record book. Once you get to Rank 7 you get a Xur tag, which allows you to open one of those big presents in the tower. In there you will find the start of the machine gun quests.

Ice Breaker is obtained through completing Zavala's new weekly bounties, and possibly only through the one that requires you to complete the Nightfall at Gold Level and within the time limit. This week that means hitting around 50000 points and finishing in less than 30 minutes. There's also a record book item for hitting 55000, and it's not too hard to do as long as you don't wipe and you don't skip enemies.

And now it's time for the Xur Report!

Xur is located in Center Tower this week, near Ikora and the Vanguard table.

The LEGACY Engram is for Chests. Don't Buy This.

For the Titan, it's The Glasshouse. Make your blessings and weapons of light last longer.

For the Hunter, it's Young Ahamkara's Spine. I bet you'd like to have more Tripmines.

For the Warlock, it's Voidfang Vestments...AGAIN. What is this, Year 1?

The Weapon this week is Zhalo Supercell. Shock the monkey...and everyone else!

Ornaments this week: NONE! Xur no longer sells them. Go to the Silver Dust store kiosk between Eververse and the postmaster and pick whatever one you want.

There are a couple more changes to Xur's inventory, both very positive:

Heavy Ammo is now sold as a stack of 10, and costs 3 Strange Coins. This basically means you're buying 9 and getting the 10th one FREE!

Xur once again sells Exotic Shards for 7 Strange Coins. Look for them next to the Mote Of Light Exchange.

And that'll do it for the text version this week. Stay tuned for the video report, coming right up.

Last edited by TheKing; 12-16-16 at 04:06 AM.
Old 12-16-16, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the report and mentioning the Strikes, Package and Icebreaker. Is there any real benefit to constantly run the new strikes or just do the normal strikes> We were trying to figure how the points work and the use and need for them along with the bounties if they change daily or what? We're going to shoot for the Nightfall tonight...any tips?
Old 12-16-16, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We're going to shoot for the Nightfall tonight...any tips?
Don't wipe.

Like Scott said, just kill all of the adds and you will be fine. Scott, Chase and I ran it the other night. We had a few times with one or two people were down, but we still beat it with 10 minutes to spare. Think we ended up with around 75K after it was done. Make sure you are all using your supers and do not sit on them to build up your score total. Also, melee is your friend since brawler is active this week and you get bonus points for melee kills.
Old 12-16-16, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

thank you sir for the help and "tips"....which is summed up as...Don't Die....
Old 12-17-16, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We did the nightfall having a problem the first time around but cleared it with about 7-8 minutes to spare and getting 63,000 points. however we attempted another mission and we for out life cannot figure what's going on...a friend...and me....are trying to do that mission getting the Black Spindle...

We have done it with every setting and literally flown to the end where the door is "suppose to be opened" to access the lift and go up to wipe out the Taken....but the door is always closed. We thought no-one had to die but every guide we see just says as long as the entire team doesn't wipe. We are stumped as to why the door at the end is not opened. After we do the two relics and enter the big room we can see the door still closed...
Old 12-18-16, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We did the nightfall having a problem the first time around but cleared it with about 7-8 minutes to spare and getting 63,000 points. however we attempted another mission and we for out life cannot figure what's going on...a friend...and me....are trying to do that mission getting the Black Spindle...

We have done it with every setting and literally flown to the end where the door is "suppose to be opened" to access the lift and go up to wipe out the Taken....but the door is always closed. We thought no-one had to die but every guide we see just says as long as the entire team doesn't wipe. We are stumped as to why the door at the end is not opened. After we do the two relics and enter the big room we can see the door still closed...
Well I was all prepared to say you have to select the Heroic version of the mission. But then I did the mission myself. Looks like what happened was that when Rise Of Iron came out and they removed the ability to do these special variants. I guess you'll have to wait until it's the daily mission again.

EDIT: For shits and giggles, I ran Paradox and got all the ghosts and the special ending, so that still worked, but Lost To Light is screwed up.

Last edited by TheKing; 12-19-16 at 03:04 AM.
Old 12-19-16, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks Scott but that was the Daily when we did it and still nothing. And we checked and they removed that stipulation with some update...2.3.0 I think...back around June this year. I might post on the Bungie Forum or look there and see is it just bugged or done on purpose.

Nightfall Anyone.....I'd still like to run one or even two tonight if anyone is game. I know of one more that probably wants to. Should be on around 7-7:30 central.
Old 12-23-16, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's that time of year again. MERRY XURMAS 2016!!! Our old friend is back and he's brought a few gifts for us, while leaving a pretty big one behind. More on that below.

Xur is in North Tower, in front of the big door across from the Speaker.

It's helmets galore this week!

The LEGACY Engram is for Helmets. Don't buy this!

For the Titan, it's the Empyrean Bellicose Helmet. Do you like floating in mid air while shooting? Here ya go!

For the Hunter, it's the Knucklehead Radar Helmet. Like Exotics that have less functionality than an artifact? Here ya go!

For the Warlock, it's The Ram Helmet. Like looking badass? Here ya go!

The Weapon this week is Plan C. Sleeper would be so happy if he didn't already have it...

Normally this is where I'd sign off for the text report, but you may have noticed something odd in the image I posted. Xur brought a double helping of Heavy Ammo, but left 3 Of Coins at home this week. I believe this is a glitch and not a sign that 3OC are going away. Maybe it'll be fixed today, but I'm not expecting that to happen. We will have to see if this continues to be an issue next week.

And that'll do it for the text report, stay tuned for the video report, coming right up in glorious Black and White!

Last edited by TheKing; 12-23-16 at 04:12 AM.
Old 12-23-16, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No 3 of Coins? Xur really is Krampus.
Old 12-30-16, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well folks it's that time of week again. It's time to find out if Xur brought back Three Of Coins! We've been waiting for 7 days to see if Xur would correct his error and return the lootsplosion and in just a moment we will all see the results of that. But before that, let us reflect on the year, as this will be the last Xur Report of 2016.

OK, now that all that reflection is out of the way, here comes Xur's deals! Xur is located at the Reef, as he is probably too embarrassed to show his face in the Tower.

Well, we have our answer. No 3 Of Coins for the second week in a row. But before we fire up our pitchforks, lets take a look at what he does have.

Leading off, we have the EXOTIC Engram for Helmets! That's right, Exotic! Do buy this! Need some 400 helmets? Here ya go!

For the Titan, it's the Crest Of Alpha Lupi chest. You know what this is.

For the Hunter, it's Don't Touch Me. Do you like to disappear when you get abused? Here ya go.

For the Warlock, it's the Apotheosis Veil. My first exotic armor piece.

The weapon this week is SUROS Regime. Member when it was white?

So there we go. No 3 Of Coins, but we get a good engram this week. So that's...something. We'll see ya next year!

Old 12-30-16, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't need another Suros....the last 3 of 4 Primary Exotics has been a Suros and yesterday got one from a Legendary. And I needed 400 Helms but that was weeks ago before IB where I got several. Thanks again for the Xur Update...
Old 01-06-17, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Happy Xur Year folks! It's that time again, time to see if Xur has Three Of Coins this week.

Xur is once again located in The Reef. Here's his deals:

As you can see, Three Of Coins have returned to Xur. But not all is well as Glass Needles are missing this week. So keep that in mind.

The LEGACY Engram is for Heavy Weapons. Unless you need a Year 1 Super Good Advice for some reason, don't buy this.

For the Titan, it's the Helm Of Inmost Light. Be a super smasher!

For the Hunter, it's Young Ahamkara's Spine. Member when you could stick tripmines to enemies? I member!

For the Warlock, it's Light Beyond Alpha Lupi...err Nemesis.

The weapon this week is Monte Carlo. pew pew punch pew pew punch.

So to recap, Yay 3 of coins, nay glass needles. Stay tuned for the video report, where I celebrate a personal milestone, coming right up.

Old 01-06-17, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
Happy Xur Year folks! It's that time again, time to see if Xur has Three Of Coins this week.
I think its quite convenient that as soon as SRL goes away(outside of private matches), 3oC come back.
Old 01-13-17, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So this week in Bungie returned this week with a few tidbits:

More content is coming in the future. No set date, no details beyond that.

There will be a hotfix coming Tuesday that will fix Xur's recent inventory issues, make the Abbadon and Nova Mortis as stable as Thunderlord and fix patrol issues in The Plaguelands.

Iron Banner returns next week. Game will be clash. Items will be Sidearms, Rocket Launchers, chests and gloves.
Old 01-13-17, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's Xur time folks. Get ready for indifference!

Xur is in the Reef. Yep, again.

The LEGACY Engram is for Special Weapons. Need a Pocket Infinity? Here ya go.

For the Titan, it's the Empyrean Bellicose Helmet. Float float shoot shoot.

For the Hunter, it's Young Ahamkara's Spine...again.

For the Warlock, it's Voidfang Vestments...again!

The weapon this week is Bad Juju. Wu hu.

As you can see, Xur has heavy ammo synth, 3 OF Coins and Glass Needles this week, but not the 10 pack of heavy. Next week he should be completely fixed.

He also has the void drive, letting me complete my Sparrow kiosk!

Anyway, that'll do it, stay tuned for the video.

Old 01-14-17, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

As always, thanks for the report.

This game needs new content and soon, or else I think there will be a mass exodus. I haven't much touched it in weeks. I like the playlist scores, it I thought there were going to be leaderboards or something to that effect. My friends and I ran nightfall in parallel to see who could finish first while getting the higher score. That was a lot of fun!
Old 01-14-17, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07

This game needs new content and soon, or else I think there will be a mass exodus.
haven't we heard this since Y1?

there won't be a mass exodus, as all games there will be peaks and lulls
right now we are in a lull but there are still people playing (pvp alone will always have life)

the weekly update said the live team was working on new content (remember this is free content you are not paying for unless you are investing in microtransactions). I'm sure this won't be anything groundbreaking but most can understand that since their resources are clearly focused on D2.
Old 01-14-17, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Unless Planet Destiny posts something about this game being dead...
Old 01-20-17, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Howdy folks. This is your friendly neighborhood Xur finder bringing you my FINAL Xur Report!

Yep, the road is finally coming to an end. Not like there's much to write about in these things anyway. Just a bunch of items everybody here has gotten dozens of times. Unless Xur breaks or he has good engrams, it's just the same.

Before we continue, This Week In Bungie confirmed that Crimson Days will NOT be returning to Destiny this year. It was speculated this would be the case when the shaders and ghosts were added to the general crucible loot table, but finally confirmed by Bungie. This also likely means that the next content update will be in April, so they still haven't announced plans. Anyway, let me go find Xur and start this thing.

Xur is located in North Tower, in front of the big ass door across from the Speaker.

Leading off, it's the LEGACY Engram for Heavy Weapons. One last time people: DON'T BUY THIS!

For the Titan, it's the Helm Of Inmost Light. Smashy Smashy.

For the Hunter, it's the ATS/8 Arachnid Helmet. With the added zoom, anybody can see this item is crap.

For the Warlock, it's the Obsidian Mind helmet. I'm gonna Nova Bomb yo ass, and then Nova Bomb yo ass again!

The weapon this week is the MIDA Multi-Tool. Th....that's my stapler.

As you can see, Xur has been fixed. 3 Heavy, 10 Heavy, Three Of Coins, and Glass Needles...together!

Well that brings this final Xur Report to a close. In conclusion, I'd just like to say thanks for all the support on this, and hope that my weekly updates have made you laugh, made you think and made you spend loads of strange coins. I don't know when I'll see you again, but from the desert to the sea to all of Destiny Land, I bid thee farewell and eat many dicks!

Stay tuned for the final video, coming right up.

Old 01-20-17, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the King is dead, long live the King
Old 01-20-17, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What happened to Bruce Campbell?!?!?
Old 01-20-17, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Hail to the King, Baby!
Old 02-04-17, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK,, so this is not my video obviously, but there is some evidence that Vault Of Glass updated.

Old 02-04-17, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How come you never give us any silver for watching your videos?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.