Bungie - Destiny

Old 04-18-14, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

Originally Posted by chess
Yeah, about that...

Game looks amazing.
You quoted a six month old post to say absolutely nothing of consequence?
Old 04-18-14, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,007 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
You quoted a six month old post to say absolutely nothing of consequence?
It's chess, he's implying there is a big disparity between the two consoles and it's very obvious which version will be better now.

In not so many words.

The answer, btw, is PC if Bungie ever stop with their "not saying we're not gonna do it."
Old 04-18-14, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
It's chess

...he's implying there is a big disparity between the two consoles and it's very obvious which version will be better now.

In not so many words.
Yup.

Definitely inconsequential though.
Old 04-19-14, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts

Have they said just what the exclusive is for the PS4? ....just one of the many reasons why I did but as big as Destiny will be I cn't imagine it'll be something smal as a few skins (I hope not).

And as far as looking bettr...right now the track rcord with cross platform games looking better, higher res, PS, etc...seems to be in the PS4's favor...and no small on at that. The only "Ace" MS might have is Bungie itself....having a long history with MS producing the Halo series. Just a thought...
Old 04-19-14, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Have they said just what the exclusive is for the PS4? ....just one of the many reasons why I did but as big as Destiny will be I cn't imagine it'll be something smal as a few skins (I hope not).

And as far as looking bettr...right now the track rcord with cross platform games looking better, higher res, PS, etc...seems to be in the PS4's favor...and no small on at that. The only "Ace" MS might have is Bungie itself....having a long history with MS producing the Halo series. Just a thought...
I'd bet on skins and guns...maybe a couple of missions, but the real draw is early access to the beta. I would imagine most people who care enough to preorder will get it on PS4 just for that, provided they have the option. And it will almost certainly look and perform better on PS4 as well, because when there are differences, they almost always favor the PS4. Sorry, but it is what it is.

Any business partnership Bungie has at this point is with Activision and Sony, and I would bet on a Destiny bundle for PS4, PS3 or both.

Just preordered a copy and have my beta code in hand.
Old 04-21-14, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Long but really interesting video on Destiny.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hLQFmob-vsM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hopefully the beta will come out in the next few months. Hype is building.
Old 04-21-14, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a game I really don't need to play a beta or demo for. I just want to dive right in on release day.
Old 04-21-14, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
This is a game I really don't need to play a beta or demo for. I just want to dive right in on release day.
I'm right there with you, but I still want that beta code, and I have it in-hand!

It's almost like they made this game specifically for me with loot and guns like Borderlands, an epic post apacalyptic setting like Fallout 3, crazy sci-fi powers and customization like Warframe, boss raids, coop, multiplayer, and so much more...all from a dev team with a pedigree.

I couldn't be more stoked.

The only thing that gives me pause is that it's also on last gen consoles. I just hope whatever engine they are using scales well.
Old 04-21-14, 12:18 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Old 04-21-14, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Excellent video...yea long...butsome good detaled information about te game. I see a little of several games rolled into this...a bit of Halo, Borderlands, Star Wars, Mass Effect, Defiance...maybe a litle of Warframe to.

It'll e interesting to play since it appears it's lomst a RPG-FPS-MMO-Adventure-Action rolled into one.o far i like the way the have the character classes with differen levels of upgrades along with the different enemies and classes within them as well. Having played al the Halo series this is a must buy for me. I do remember the Easter Egg poster in ODST. Goodto hear near the end some extras for the PS4 owners. Probably do the P.O so to get the beta. I guess we need t start on a list of players already...
Old 04-21-14, 01:21 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
The game's really called Density?
Old 04-22-14, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Went by BB and got my pre-order in today. They've got a $10 pre-order deal going on with a lot of pre-orders.
Old 04-22-14, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Interesting. Might have to cancel at Gamestop. Already signed up for beta, so I should be good there regardless.
Old 04-23-14, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Note that the beta code you get isn't for PSN/Live. You redeem your beta code here:

http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

Also enter the following codes. These codes were distributed on collectors cards at the trade shows last year and are supposed to unlock some in game content once the game launches:

Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9
Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH
Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY
Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K
Hive: 473-MXR-3X9
Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3
Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC
Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA
The Tower: 69P-VCH-337
The Hive, Ogre: 69R-CKD-X7L
Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP
The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG
Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A
Caval: 69X-DJN-74V
Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7
Vex: 6A9-DTG-YGN

You can reportedly preorder on Amazon, get your beta code by email and then cancel.
Old 04-23-14, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Chess!

Redeemed one code for Xbox.
Old 04-23-14, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts

where do we get a beta code? I have this game pre-ordered for both the XO and the PS4 (keeping my options open) at BB.com and didn't get an email (I don't think, anyway).
Old 04-23-14, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It was on my receipt from Gamestop, and Amazon sends an email. FWIW.

Keeping your options open? In anticipation of what?
Old 04-23-14, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts

My best friend. He hasn't gone Next-Gen yet and currently has a 360 only. If he gets an Xbox One, I'd get it on the XO to play with him. If he continues to hold out (or switches systems, which seems unlikely), I'll get it for the PS4 instead since I think it'll apparently run better on the PS4 and might have some sort of extra content on that system.
Old 04-23-14, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Makes sense. As I understand it, you can select your system for the beta independent of the system you buy it on. So you could play the early beta on PS4 and still get the XBOne version on release.

I suppose you could even get the 360 version.
Old 04-23-14, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have it preordred from BB as well and haven't received anything either. It doesn't mention anything about beta access on their site either, so I'm guessing they aren't offering codes there. I'm still going to stay strong and skip the beta, but man, this is still my most anticipated game of the year so far.
Old 04-23-14, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have it preordred from BB as well and haven't received anything either. It doesn't mention anything about beta access on their site either, so I'm guessing they aren't offering codes there. I'm still going to stay strong and skip the beta, but man, this is still my most anticipated game of the year so far.
Order from Amazon, get code and cancel.
Old 04-23-14, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm not so sure...when I went into the store yesterday I grabbed the Destiny pre-order card but had to print the one for Wolfenstein. The Detiny pre-order card clearly mentions "The Beta". On their web site ....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/destiny-113014

The Destiny Beta: Be one of the first to blaze a trail through the wild frontiers of Destiny. Pre-order and receive access to the upcoming beta. Beta will be available in summer 2014. Limited time only. While beta codes last.

I'll give it about a week and no email or code then I'll drop by and ask just how are we suppose to get it.
Old 04-23-14, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pre-ordered from Best Buy and got two beta codes within 24 hours from placing the order online.
Old 04-24-14, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bingo!...Got a email today from Best Buy with Destiny Beta Code
Old 04-25-14, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have not received my beta code yet

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.