DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

Omnigul is wicked, desperate, and only likes to be killed once every strike
Old 09-29-16, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

The people that are able to kill Omnigul on the hill before she goes off, are already so over-powered, they hardly need that extra loot drop.
Old 09-29-16, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

of note from the weekly update

Iron Banner returns next week, on Tuesday, October 4th, at 10AM.
The game will be Supremacy.

You had to know that Iron Banner would reawaken in Rise of Iron. We have some different ideas for how this contest can reward the Guardians who submit themselves to it. You’ll find more paths to rewards and customization:
The Tempered mechanic is gone – play when you want
There are now 4 Weekly Bounties
Bounty rewards include:
An Iron Banner item not featured on the Vendor
A chance at an Iron Banner Artifact or Vanity Item
25 Legendary Marks
750 Iron Banner Reputation
Victory in a match grants 250 Reputation
Iron Medallions grant 150 Reputation each, upon Victor
On this occasion, this is what you’re fighting for, in addition to the other random items that can be earned by completing Bounties.
AUTO RIFLES
SHOTGUNS
HUNTER ARMOR
TITAN ARMOR
WARLOCK ARMOR
This new experience begins when you report to Lord Saladin. You’ll find him where he truly belongs, as the king of the mountain.
According to Senior Designer Victoria Dollbaum, this is the first step in a post-launch iterative process.
Victoria: We’re looking into the way Destiny: Rise of Iron rewards the completion of activities with items that will increase your Light. Currently, our opinion is that Ghosts and Artifacts are dropping less frequently than intended, making it difficult for players to reach higher Light after 365. In the weeks to come, we’ll be investigating a solution that provides alternate max Light sources for these two slots. Additionally, when the Heroic Raid is released, many Activities and all Engrams will increase their maximum Light, making it easier overall to progress.
There is more to come on this front. Stay tuned for more details, announced alongside the activities that are yet to appear in your Director. Keep that feedback loop rolling.
Old 09-30-16, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

It's that time again: Xur Report time!

Xur has returned to the tower this week and he's hanging out in the lounge, way in the back of the hangar. Here's what he has this week.

The Legacy Engram is for Boots. This is a Xur Debut. Don't buy it.

For the Titan, it's the classic Armamentarium. I bet you'd like to have more bombs...

For the Hunter, it's Sealed Ahamkara Grasps. I bet you'd like to have more smoke...

For the Warlock, it's Voidfang Vestments. I bet you'd like to have more Axiom Bolt Seekers...

The weapon this week is the MIDA Multi-Tool. With trials and Iron Banner coming back, well, of course they'd offer this...

Ornaments this week:

Heart Of Gold for Truth - EVer wanted a gold rocket launcher in Destiny? Here ya go.

Iconoclast for Invective. Gives it a nice red trim, but not as cool as the other ornament.

So there we go folks, that's it for the text report, stay tuned for the video report coming right up.

Old 09-30-16, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mida sounds good. I forgot how many coins weapons cost though. I need to install the bungie app back on my phone so I can check the vendors.
Old 09-30-16, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sleeper will be happy since I'm pretty sure he's the only one that plays this on a regular basis that doesn't have a MIDA yet.
Old 09-30-16, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Is there any real difference between the "new" Exotic weapons and the "old" ones in terms of stats? Seems to me it would be fine and cheaper just to infuse.

We had some success last night running the Devi's Lair strike over and over. Two us moved up five spots....when you load all the high blue engrams on. I went from 348 to 353. I was lucky enough to land several weapon engrams that I can use for the other characters and maybe infuse later. We plan on running it again tonight.
Old 09-30-16, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Well i guess i am not taking the game back as my net service finally kicked into overdrive and completed the download of updates. Played it for about an hour last night and it seems a fine game. Not blowing me away, but nice. It does seem to expect the player to work out a number of things on their own, but i don't hold a grudge against games that do that these days (unless its nightmarish in the sheer number of things to figure out).
Old 09-30-16, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Is there any real difference between the "new" Exotic weapons and the "old" ones in terms of stats? Seems to me it would be fine and cheaper just to infuse.

We had some success last night running the Devi's Lair strike over and over. Two us moved up five spots....when you load all the high blue engrams on. I went from 348 to 353. I was lucky enough to land several weapon engrams that I can use for the other characters and maybe infuse later. We plan on running it again tonight.
I just assumed the year 1 mida was different than the one xur is selling. I'll compare when I get home.

edit: apparently there is a year 2 mida. I didn't even know lol
Old 09-30-16, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Krayzie
I just assumed the year 1 mida was different than the one xur is selling. I'll compare when I get home.

edit: apparently there is a year 2 mida. I didn't even know lol
they are (basically) the same
however, year 1 MIDA cannot be infused only years 2 and 3
Old 09-30-16, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by musick
they are (basically) the same
however, year 1 MIDA cannot be infused only years 2 and 3
ah ok, thanks.

I really need to blow up all my year 1 crap then as it's taking up way too much vault space. Damn hoarding.
Old 09-30-16, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They make you want to keep everything and then limit your backpack. I can't wait until we get an upgrade on space.
Old 09-30-16, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by chase3001
They make you want to keep everything and then limit your backpack. I can't wait until we get an upgrade on space.
only 500 silver!

so I am foolishy still trying to get the radiance multikills. They must have nerfed radiance as it is awful now. I used radiant skin and still got one hit ko'd by a warlock lol

Last edited by Krayzie; 09-30-16 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-30-16, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Krayzie
only 500 silver!

so I am foolishy still trying to get the radiance multikills. They must have nerfed radiance as it is awful now. I used radiant skin and still got one hit ko'd by a warlock lol
if this is the one where you have to go into strikes and get the kills I think the "cheese" was to have the strike start up and backtrack to an (patrol) area where you aren't having 2 others possibly steal your kills while they push forward

I would think if you can get someone you know running the Skorri artifact they can hold their super and help yours charge quicker

heroic is solar burn this week as well so that may help
Old 09-30-16, 03:25 PM

if this is the one where you have to go into strikes and get the kills I think the "cheese" was to have the strike start up and backtrack to an (patrol) area where you aren't having 2 others possibly steal your kills while they push forward

I would think if you can get someone you know running the Skorri artifact they can hold their super and help yours charge quicker

heroic is solar burn this week as well so that may help
No, this is the 30 radiance multi kills in crucible. I now have 20! I gave up and went back to void or storm as I was a liability running around control trying to get multi kills with my grenades / scorch while in radiance.
Old 09-30-16, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I assume it cannot be done in custom matches

just get killed by the heavy ammo crates all the time and then revive and set the ground on fire
Old 09-30-16, 03:58 PM

I assume it cannot be done in custom matches

just get killed by the heavy ammo crates all the time and then revive and set the ground on fire
I just need to find a bunch of idiots that will gather at the rift ball while I throw grenades at them!
Old 10-01-16, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got a question regarding the discipline, strength, and intellect numbers of armor as the light level goes up.

Some of the gear I have say the chest pieces are around 358 and lets say Intellect and Strength show can be maxed around 82 & 80. So what are the numbers say for 365-370 and above armor? Am I wrong in saying at some point you can have armor that can max out the Strength, intellect and Discipline at some point?

I'm a sliver away from 360 on my Warlock (with 1/2 Blue on). I'm staying in the Devils Lair and I've seen several at 370 and above running it. Is 365 a good point to run the Heroic and higher stuff?

I'm really getting tired of seeing Class Armor stuff....I leveled up the Vanguard and FWC. I went to claim my reward and got Two Arm Bands from FMC and then got a Arm Band from Vanguard....the Class Armor Rare drop more than any other armor piece and I cannot decode them fast enough.
Old 10-01-16, 11:15 AM

Ouch I didn't realize rare engram's max at 340
Old 10-02-16, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes...the normal ones but I still collect, save and then open several of the same hoping to land a legendary which happens.

We are now at 361 and seeing 363-364 rare in Devil's Lair. I've got a few though that decoded as a legendary but still one level below of the highest rare that's loads...the last three decoded....rare to a legendary...have been that way. But the faction and vanguard has been 2-3 points higher.
Old 10-03-16, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We were playing with someone last night who said he heard the Blue Ingram that drop are capped at 365....is that correct? Doesn't seem right since I see some at 365 and up still doing that Devil's Lair 320 strike.
Old 10-03-16, 11:44 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We were playing with someone last night who said he heard the Blue Ingram that drop are capped at 365....is that correct? Doesn't seem right since I see some at 365 and up still doing that Devil's Lair 320 strike.
Correct. Blues that drop from bosses cap at 365. Blues that you have to take to the cryptarch cap at 340
Old 10-03-16, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ok...next question....

...what's next in order to get better gear and/or infuse gear to progress past 365? The Heroic Strikes, Archon Forge, CoE....?
Old 10-03-16, 01:49 PM

Ok...next question....

...what's next in order to get better gear and/or infuse gear to progress past 365? The Heroic Strikes, Archon Forge, CoE....?
legendary engrams go to 365

forge, strikes and rep packages

This shaxx crucible bounty is beginning to annoy me. I've done it on 2 of my 3 characters. On my hunter I can not get into any games where my team will hold more than one control point.

Last edited by Krayzie; 10-03-16 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-03-16, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Got a question regarding the discipline, strength, and intellect numbers of armor as the li******** id="gpt-impl-0.6873244379710952" src="http://partner.googleadservices.com/gpt/pubads_impl_95.js">*********>ght level goes up.

Some of the gear I have say the chest pieces are around 358 and lets say Intellect and Strength show can be maxed around 82 & 80. So what are the numbers say for 365-370 and above armor? Am I wrong in saying at some point you can have armor that can max out the Strength, intellect and Discipline at some point?
No, You are not wrong. This is known as Tier 12 armor. There is a whole PvP subgroup that is farming for those perfect rolls that can max out your Discipline, Strength and Intellect. Those levels are all RNG based. You can't max out all 3.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.