Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Old 10-01-13, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

Good article over at Gamespot on Bungie talking about this more or less won't be a typical beta test put out there....

http://www.gamespot.com/features/bun...aunch-6415134/
Old 10-01-13, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to preorder, but with it so far out and having no idea which system will have the better version, I'm torn...
Old 10-01-13, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chuckd21
I'd like to preorder, but with it so far out and having no idea which system will have the better version, I'm torn...
As it stands for me it'll be the PS4...but...I'm getting some pressure from a few friends on my XBL list who are getting the XO to stay true to the XBox brand. It's a good laid back bunch that some I've played with since the first GOW.

Destiny will be a game that's meant for playing with friends and will be around for a long time. It's going to pain me not to play with them on something so epic as Destiny (we all did the 4-plyr co-op in Halo as well) but look forward to playing alongside several in the PS4 forum.
Old 10-01-13, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Still need a PC version, damn it
Old 10-01-13, 06:19 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Already have it pre-ordered from Amazon.
Old 10-01-13, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just pre-ordered the XO edition off Amazon.

Once I get my beta code, odds are I'll cancel my pre-order as Amazon will most likely charge me sales tax (Amazon was unable to answer that question for me when I asked them) and I'll pre-order the eventual special edition that'll get announced when Activision/Bungie announce the release date... at Best Buy... where I can actually get the game on release date.
Old 10-01-13, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
As it stands for me it'll be the PS4...but...I'm getting some pressure from a few friends on my XBL list who are getting the XO to stay true to the XBox brand. It's a good laid back bunch that some I've played with since the first GOW.

Destiny will be a game that's meant for playing with friends and will be around for a long time. It's going to pain me not to play with them on something so epic as Destiny (we all did the 4-plyr co-op in Halo as well) but look forward to playing alongside several in the PS4 forum.
I'm in the same boat with all my real life friends. It's gonna suck not playing with them but I've been buying CoD and Gears games for years to play with them. If they want my company they know where to find me.

I already pre-ordered with that TRU discount. I'll have to debate the value of the beta.
Old 10-01-13, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,352 Likes on 917 Posts

yeah, i ordered it w/ that TRU coupon snafu a few weeks ago. Debating if I want to beta this or just go into it blind.
Old 10-10-13, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Some online friends got to talking about holding off on the nex-gen purchase and that Destiny will be the game that pretty much determines which system to get and when. What is the latest ETA on the game itself?....I thought it was close to the end of Qtr 2?
Old 10-10-13, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Some online friends got to talking about holding off on the nex-gen purchase and that Destiny will be the game that pretty much determines which system to get and when. What is the latest ETA on the game itself?....I thought it was close to the end of Qtr 2?
Spring/Summer 2014. It'll be pretty much going head-to-head with Titanfall.
Old 10-10-13, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks...I was thinking April/May for some reason.
Old 12-06-13, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,352 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Spring/Summer 2014. It'll be pretty much going head-to-head with Titanfall.
Not anymore. September 9, 2014 is the release date. I always assumed it was going to be Spring game as well, but I guess not.

http://kotaku.com/destiny-will-be-ou...014-1478321553
Old 12-06-13, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, that's months later than anyone expected.
Old 12-08-13, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:gametrailers.com:49ec7295-0097-4375-9c41-79ede3ff93dc" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Destiny
Get More: Comedy Central

Old 04-16-14, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fo everyone who has played the Halo series the soundtrack has been simply amazing...almost on par with any movie themes out there. Some-what sad news on this since he was also doing the music for Destiny....

Legendary Halo composer says he's been fired "without cause"
Marty O'Donnell leaves Bungie. What does this mean for Destiny?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/leg.../1100-6419021/
Old 04-16-14, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Bet there are two sides to that story.
Old 04-16-14, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought Paul McCartney was doing the music for Destiny.
Old 04-16-14, 01:39 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,178 Likes on 833 Posts

I am the walrus, dude.
Old 04-16-14, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Shut the fuck up Donny.
Old 04-16-14, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

O'Donnell was not only the composer for Destiny and every Bungie game made since Halo, but was also the audio director for each title. This is not your normal firing, this is unique as the guy has been with the company for the past fourteen years and brought it tons of talent (ahem, Paul McCartney, ahem).

As per Wikipedia, "O'Donnell is a self-described political conservative, and Bungie coworkers described him as the most right-leaning employee at the company." I wonder if this is a Brendan Eich-esque situation.

Or O'Donnell fucked up. Or Bungie fucked up. Who knows. I am sure the answer will appear sooner rather than later.
Old 04-17-14, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
O'Donnell was not only the composer for Destiny and every Bungie game made since Halo, but was also the audio director for each title. This is not your normal firing, this is unique as the guy has been with the company for the past fourteen years and brought it tons of talent (ahem, Paul McCartney, ahem).

As per Wikipedia, "O'Donnell is a self-described political conservative, and Bungie coworkers described him as the most right-leaning employee at the company." I wonder if this is a Brendan Eich-esque situation.

Or O'Donnell fucked up. Or Bungie fucked up. Who knows. I am sure the answer will appear sooner rather than later.

So sad the Political Views Monster has reared it's ugly head again...if thats the case? Happened last week to the CEO of Mozilla so why not a composer...it's just music anyone can do this right?
Old 04-17-14, 08:14 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Not sure what to believe. If the guy was becoming unbearable to work with because of how vocal he was about his political views, that's one thing. But simply known for his political stance and being punished for it is something entirely different, and no one should care.
Old 04-18-14, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For those interested Gameinformer has solid article up....

Looking Back On Martin O'Donnell's Bungie Career

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ie-career.aspx

With several YouTube clips from various games he wrote the music on....Myth, Oni and of course The Halo Series. Some really good stuff...
Old 04-18-14, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

...and if that wasn't good enough....

Bungie: Destiny is “Pretty Close to Shipping”

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...e-to-shipping/

Speaking with Eurogamer for the first time since composer Martin O’Donnell departed from the studio, Bungie Chief Operating Officer Pete Parsons didn’t go into specifics about O’Donnell, but he did confirm that Destiny is “close to shipping,” months ahead of its planned September 9th release date.

Parsons elaborated on what he means by “close to shipping,” admitting that the game still needs a lot of polish:

I believe people will be transported not just by the activities and the stories within the Destiny universe, but by the sights and the wonderful sounds and music. We have a fantastic team. We’re pretty close to shipping. There’s a lot of polish left to do, lots of tweaking and tuning, but a lot is already complete.

Parsons went on to confirm that O’Donnell’s music will stay in the game, along with “Mike Salvatori’s music, [Bungie in-house sound designer and composer C. Paul Johnson's] music, and Paul McCartney’s music.” He added, “That’s going to be exciting for people. It’s going to be a great, fantastic experience
Old 04-18-14, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Yeah, about that...

Game looks amazing.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.