Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-14, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

So I ran into a crappy issue earlier.

You can only hold 200 crucible/vanguard marks at a time. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, as the most expensive thing they sell is 175, but there's one minor problem: If you don't reach Rank 2 in vanguard/crucible/other faction, you can't spend them! My Titan had 200 Crucible Marks, but hadn't reached Rank 2 yet.

To make matters worse, one you hit the 200 limit, it doesn't stop you from "earning" marks. So if you're at 200, but have only earned say 85 for the week, if you go and play a round in the crucible, you get credited the 2 or 3 marks for the week, but you don't actually get them. I saw the issue when I hit 89 for the week, but it's possible I hit the 200 mark before that. At that point I had to bite the bullet and get the Rank up to 2, wasting the last 11 marks I could have earned this week, and bought some arm gauntlets I didn't really need, but better suit my gameplay.

Moral of the story, spend your marks or you lose 'em.

I started getting exotic bounties again. But I'm getting ones for guns I already have. I was hoping to get the one for the Pocket Infinity Fusion Gun. Nope. Thorn, Juju, and Invective came up for my Titan. Since I still haven't finished the Thorn, thanks to that very hard version of The Summoning Pits I have to get through, I didn't pick that. The Juju is OK, but not to where I need 2 of them. SO I picked the Invective.

Then My Warlock got 2 options: Juju and Invective. Ugh. I'll probably end up with 3 Invectives, one for each character. Seems like a waste to do the freaking bounties just for Ascendent Energy.

EDIT: Since my Warlock was at 161 Vanguard Marks, I decided to buy the Doctor Nope on 19K's suggestion. It's got a clip of 72, with the bottom half dealing bonus damage, and the radar map stays active while aiming.

Last edited by TheKing; 10-11-14 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-11-14, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing

You can only hold 200 crucible/vanguard marks at a time. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, as the most expensive thing they sell is 175, but there's one minor problem: If you don't reach Rank 2 in vanguard/crucible/other faction, you can't spend them! My Titan had 200 Crucible Marks, but hadn't reached Rank 2 yet.

To make matters worse, one you hit the 200 limit, it doesn't stop you from "earning" marks. So if you're at 200, but have only earned say 85 for the week, if you go and play a round in the crucible, you get credited the 2 or 3 marks for the week, but you don't actually get them. I saw the issue when I hit 89 for the week, but it's possible I hit the 200 mark before that. At that point I had to bite the bullet and get the Rank up to 2, wasting the last 11 marks I could have earned this week, and bought some arm gauntlets I didn't really need, but better suit my gameplay.

I'm in the same exact situation. I hit the cap early yesterday. Only halfway to level 2 Vanguard and I won't actually be able to buy anything my hunter needs until I hit level 3. Thinking about buying some Warlock armor so I stop wasting Marks. I should be well past 150 again by the time I get to level 3.

I started getting exotic bounties again. But I'm getting ones for guns I already have. I was hoping to get the one for the Pocket Infinity Fusion Gun. Nope.
Still haven't gotten one of these. Someday.......
Old 10-11-14, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing

I started getting exotic bounties again. But I'm getting ones for guns I already have. I was hoping to get the one for the Pocket Infinity Fusion Gun. Nope. Thorn, Juju, and Invective came up for my Titan. Since I still haven't finished the Thorn, thanks to that very hard version of The Summoning Pits I have to get through, I didn't pick that. The Juju is OK, but not to where I need 2 of them. SO I picked the Invective.

Then My Warlock got 2 options: Juju and Invective. Ugh. I'll probably end up with 3 Invectives, one for each character. Seems like a waste to do the freaking bounties just for Ascendent Energy.

EDIT: Since my Warlock was at 161 Vanguard Marks, I decided to buy the Doctor Nope on 19K's suggestion. It's got a clip of 72, with the bottom half dealing bonus damage, and the radar map stays active while aiming.
Its bad-ass, right? Actually, if it doesn't have a perk to help with the stability, it might be difficult to control because it fires so fast, but if you got one that has a recoil perk too, then wow! that's a pretty awesome gun.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that they had 160 marks and were only level 1 and I said the same thing. You have to spend the marks. Buy the guns. The armor. Shaders. Whatever you can. It's a waste of time if you don't.
Old 10-11-14, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

So what do you guys think they're gonna do with the level 30 cap?

They gotta make a reason to keep playing after 30 don't they?
Old 10-11-14, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm trapped in the vault of Glass! Followed a team in to see how far I could go and when I tried to leave the door had closed behind me.
Old 10-11-14, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Old 10-11-14, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by 19K
Its bad-ass, right? Actually, if it doesn't have a perk to help with the stability, it might be difficult to control because it fires so fast, but if you got one that has a recoil perk too, then wow! that's a pretty awesome gun.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that they had 160 marks and were only level 1 and I said the same thing. You have to spend the marks. Buy the guns. The armor. Shaders. Whatever you can. It's a waste of time if you don't.
I'm not liking it so far. The SUROS is a far better gun. Maybe once I upgrade it my opinion will change, but I'm just not a fan of the high magazine auto rifles because a bee sting causes more damage than these bullets. You need half the clip to take somebody down. My SUROS only needs 4, 5 shots.
Old 10-12-14, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it definitely depends on which perks you prefer and how upgraded it gets. Mine's maxed out so I have no problem taking out large groups of enemies with one single clip.
Old 10-12-14, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I did not know about the 200 Max points....did on the 25K Glimmer. I've got two characterswith around 180-185. I don't need armor. just wish they mix up some of the Vanguard Legendary weapons a bit. I'd like to get a good Fushion Rifle but the one in there is the same...Fire base. I've come close to getting the Hand Cannon but I need a good secondary.
Old 10-12-14, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I got another exotic bounty for my Titan, and finally I was able to choose Shattered Memory Fragment, for the Pocket Infinity Fusion Rifle. It's kind of expensive to do it.

1) Look around on Venus for a specific Dead Ghost
2) Finish Eye Of A Gate Lord Mission with Heroic modifier enabled
3) Dismantle 10 Rare or higher Fusion Rifles (The expensive part)
4) Get 200 Fusion Rifle kills in Weekly Nightfall Strikes

I ended up spending nearly 16000 glimmer on the guns to break down. Got me some much needed weapon parts at least. I can't tell you how many times I got one shot killed during my 200 nightfall strike kills. Annoying as hell to have to restart the entire thing every time I got hit by a hobgoblin. Really getting pissed at how much of this game is locked out to single players, and how hard Bungie made it to actually find people to play with. I've still never completed a Nightfall because of this.

But I got the Pocket Infinity at least.
Old 10-12-14, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

So at level 23, I finally got my first Legendary item!
Gauntlets for a... hunter. I'm a titan.

Stupid Bungie!
Old 10-12-14, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I swear I have thrown down a triple kill super in the Iron Banner/Crucible 3 times and have been been disconnected with the "bee" error immediately after

I don't know if the game can't handle the animation but it is beginning to piss me off

Last edited by musick; 10-12-14 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-12-14, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

And of course I use all my strange coins to buy Legendary armor and a random drop in the Iron Banner gives me better Legendary armor. I soooo love hate this game.
Old 10-12-14, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I did finally get my first exotic bounty to complete .... working on stage 3 right now for an exotic hand cannon (don't use these)

in other news
LOL

Bungie Explains Why Destiny's Iron Banner Event Isn't Working as You Expected

Bungie's Senior Designer explains why you're not feeling as overpowered as you'd expect in the Iron Banner event.

Last week, Destiny opened its competitive multiplayer Iron Banner event. Normally, the game balances the gap between higher and lower-level Guardians so they can play together, but the Iron Banner should have been different by taking players' levels into account.

As GameSpot's Erik Tay told us last week, that didn't seem to be the case. "I'm level 29 now and even when playing against a level 24 player, I couldn't really tell the difference," he said. "I also asked people I was playing with if they could tell the difference, and none of them said they could."

In Bungie's latest Weekly Update, Senior Designer Derek Carroll explained why: "The way we pitched Iron Banner did make it sound like a 'no-holds-barred' playlist," he said. "In reality, we delivered what we felt would be a competitive experience for everyone, not just players at the level cap. The reaction from players seems to be: 'No, we want it to be bad for lower-level players. That’s the point!' We’re listening to that feedback, but this first Iron Banner is fairly conservative."

Carroll further explained that "time-to-kill" is the same when you're using higher-level gear against lower-level gear Guardians, but that the opposite is not true, so an enemy with lesser weapons will have a harder time killing you.

"To keep competition close and avoid unwinnable fights, the largest advantage you can have is around 7 levels," Carroll said. "So, if you attacked a target 20 levels above you, you’d have a fair shot at winning that fight."

Finally, Bungie said that it's listening to player feedback, and that the next Iron Banner event is "very likely" to have different rules.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bun.../1100-6422909/
EDIT: I guess this isn't really news as they already addressed the above in their daily update 2 days ago
http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekl...News?aid=12272

gonna be close for me to try to get to rank 3 in Iron Banner with only 2 days left ... some of the extreme bounties sure aren't helping

Last edited by musick; 10-12-14 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-12-14, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

only a week?
Old 10-12-14, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Music
only a week?
yeah, Bungie clearly doesn't understand the time commitment needed to reach some of their thresholds
Old 10-13-14, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

After playing an assload of Crucible games since it came out, I finally got rewarded with an Exotic weapon...yet another shotgun.

Though this one is different, it's the Universal Remote, and it slots as a primary weapon.

Spoiler:

OK, I have a new favorite Shotgun. PvP with a shotgun and a fusion rifle...pretty cool...at least for Rumbles.

Last edited by TheKing; 10-13-14 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-13-14, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by musick
I did finally get my first exotic bounty to complete .... working on stage 3 right now for an exotic hand cannon (don't use these)
I think I am working on the same exotic bounty - I am at the 3rd stage where it asks for 500 kills with void weapons
Old 10-13-14, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cruzness
I think I am working on the same exotic bounty - I am at the 3rd stage where it asks for 500 kills with void weapons
that's the one and deaths give you a penalty
was made that much more difficult when I kept getting the "bee" error and disconnects in the Crucible much of the day yesterday
Old 10-13-14, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

omg... Bungie - fix your servers/network!
Old 10-13-14, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Music
omg... Bungie - fix your servers/network!
bad today?
PSN is supposed to be down for maintenance today ... is that effecting it?
Old 10-13-14, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is on the One - trying to finish up my main guy before jumping over to the PS4 again.
Old 10-13-14, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Yeah, the PSN network is down still. Or is it the Bungie servers? Either way I can't play right now.
Old 10-13-14, 06:02 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

I just played through a strike on the one and didn't have any issues.
Old 10-13-14, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
I just played through a strike on the one and didn't have any issues.
maybe it just came up? I'll play it tonight.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.