Reload this Page >

The Wii U: From "cool" Sony to evil Nintendo

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Wii U: From "cool" Sony to evil Nintendo

Old 08-29-13, 03:28 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
re: The Wii U: From "cool" Sony to evil Nintendo

Bought a whole box of Pokemon Rumble toys. Sigh. Didn't know all 18 were coming out at once.
Old 08-29-13, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,455 Posts

Woah, 18? How many in a box? do you at least get all of them if you order a box?
Old 08-29-13, 04:52 PM
Suspended

18. Apparently it's not a "full set" as some people got doubles. It should be close enough to where I can buy the missing one or two on eBay. Apparently there are even Shiny versions! N

Ill open them up tonight. Need to buy another box. Sigh.
Old 08-29-13, 10:32 PM
Suspended

My box had a complete set of figures. No shinys

I have extra Black Kyurems (need the other White GS exclusive if anyone wants to trade straight up)

Last edited by Gizmo; 08-29-13 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-30-13, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo

I have extra Black Kyurems (need the other White GS exclusive if anyone wants to trade straight up)
How is the game?

edit: I don't even like pokemon but I want to collect all the figures lol
Damn these blind boxes.... At least it's a lot cheaper than collecting kid robot figures...
Old 08-30-13, 12:41 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, it has a 44/100 score on Metacritic...
Old 09-03-13, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

Finished Pikmin last night. 51 days(all fruit) and 6 or 7 of the secret codes. Took friggin 3 days to do the last level. I kept restarting since I thought you had to do it in a single day to rescue Olimar.

Started the Mission levels. Those are fantastic. I've only done a few but I'd buy more of those in a heartbeat.
Old 09-03-13, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,455 Posts

I bought a box as well. First thing the cashier asked me was if I was going to resell them. Then when I said I wasn't going to open them there she said again "tell me the truth, you're selling them, right?" Like a grown man can't spend 80 bucks on pokemon toys... wait a second, what the hell is wrong with me?

I haven't opened them all yet, but I'm hoping for a complete set, shiny or not. One of the reasons I just went and bought all of them at once is that I know if I go in and buy a few at a time I'll get tons of doubles, at least this way there's a better chance I get all of them (though there are conflicting reports as to how these are packed).

Because you don't leave the figure on the portal, you have to scan them in before and after you do anything with them. I'm a little surprised this is the first game to use this feature of the WiiU pad. The game isn't anything super thrilling but I'm still surprised this is a gamestop exclusive... you'd figure they'd be able to at least get these in stores, even if the game is a niche title. Also regret not preordering from Gamestop for the exclusive figure (though you only get one), which may be the first time I've ever said that (all the more surprising because this is a digital title).
Old 09-04-13, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,226 Posts

Oh, wow! I knew that was the case for a couple of those but not all. Very good news.
Old 09-06-13, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Dusted off mine last night and was playing some more of NSMBU....also picked up the Luigi version so look forward to playing that afterwards.
Old 09-09-13, 08:45 AM
Suspended

Pikmin 3 sold 185k in August (not sure if that includes Digital or not).

I'm thinking a name like Zelda will move double that (not including bundle sales)
Old 09-09-13, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

It's about $20 too expensive imo. At least it should be easier to track accurate sales on it, I don't think the digital copy included with the console bundle will be counted toward its total sales count.
Old 09-09-13, 09:28 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RichC2
It's about $20 too expensive imo. At least it should be easier to track accurate sales on it, I don't think the digital copy included with the console bundle will be counted toward its total sales count.
Zelda? It's $50. Most people were happy to pay $35/$40 for a 3DS Remake of many other titles, but $50 for a HD is crazy?

I'm buying it on the 20th. I can't wait 2 more weeks for a physical copy (I pre-ordered the Ganon one from GameStop).
Old 09-09-13, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks to the art style in the game, there really wasn't a need for extensive texture work with Wind Waker HD (anyone that has seen the Game Cube version in HD can attest), so yeah $50 is a bit of a rip off.

On the bright side, Ganondorf statue at Gamestop.
Old 09-09-13, 09:36 AM
Suspended

Thanks to the art style in the game, there really wasn't a need for extensive texture work with Wind Waker HD (anyone that has seen the Game Cube version in HD can attest), so yeah $50 is a bit of a rip off.

On the bright side, Ganondorf statue at Gamestop.
I replayed most of WW on my Wii (with the GBA hooked up) before the title was announced for Wii U and it did look beautiful. Until I played a Wii U title... I started noticing some of the struggles the title had.

$50 for a direct port of WW would probably be crazy. $50 for a port which has new art, fixed major game killing "bugs", new features etc. is not crazy, IMO.

The game is 11 years old. There are plenty of people who were not old enough to play it, didn't have a GameCube, or simply didn't like the 'style' at the time. This is an opportunity for them to play it. It also gives Nintendo another title to say is available in retail which has one of their biggest brand characters on it.
Old 09-09-13, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh I have no problem with them bringing it back, catalog titles are always a great addition, I just take exception to charging full price for it - it's an 11 year old game, not a new, created from scratch title that I haven't played or experienced. It seems weird to pay the same now as I did 11 years ago to play it again.

Alas, the release obviously isn't targeted at me (as much as I love the visuals in WW, I didn't like the game itself) so I can't really complain about it too much.
Old 09-09-13, 09:48 AM
Suspended

I hope we get more GameCube titles as I think it has one of the strongest library of titles from Nintendo (WW, Twilight Princess, Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime, Paper Mario etc)
Old 09-09-13, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,226 Posts

I think $39.99 would've been a fair price for Wind Waker. I'm biting at $49.99, although admittedly, I didn't have it for the GameCube.

I hope we get more GameCube titles as I think it has one of the strongest library of titles from Nintendo (WW, Twilight Princess, Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime, Paper Mario etc)
I'd rather see their best parts and concepts incorporated into new games rather than HD updates, personally.
Old 09-09-13, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't disagree, I think the Gamecube was an underrated system that could have been saved (sales wise) if Mario Galaxy had come out on it instead of Mario Sunshine. Twilight Princess already works on the Wii U so I think it may be a while before you see that one.

I wish they could miraculously bring Blast Corps back though (and a new Waverace)
Old 09-09-13, 09:53 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
I think $39.99 would've been a fair price for Wind Waker. I'm biting at $49.99, although admittedly, I didn't have it for the GameCube.

I'd rather see their best parts and concepts incorporated into new games rather than HD updates, personally.
$39.99 would have been fine, but $49.99 is certainly a decent price for a Zelda game, regardless if it's a remake or not (how many consumers will even know it's a remake?).
Old 09-09-13, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'd have to assume with the console priced at $300 - $350, quite a few owners were around for the Gamecube days.
Old 09-09-13, 09:55 AM
Suspended

I don't disagree, I think the Gamecube was an underrated system that could have been saved (sales wise) if Mario Galaxy had come out on it instead of Mario Sunshine. Twilight Princess already works on the Wii U so I think it may be a while before you see that one.

I wish they could miraculously bring Blast Corps back though (and a new Waverace)
TP is the (obvious) next Zelda update title. Majora's Mask is probably 3DS bound next year.

TP was great, but the Wii controls just annoyed me. I should have purchased it for Cube, but being a Wii launch title with new controls it just felt like something worth trying. It was pretty dark and gritty IIRC.
Old 09-09-13, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

In all honesty, I'd rather see an updated Skyward Sword with no motion controls and a few tweaks here and there. And, like Wind Waker, it'd be much easier to "next generation-ize" than TP. But I'm not Nintendo.
Old 09-09-13, 09:58 AM
Suspended

I'd have to assume with the console priced at $300 - $350, quite a few owners were around for the Gamecube days.
Cube came out 12 years ago and was only on the market for about 5. Plenty of the younger audience never had one and others may have skipped it because of its kiddy nature (a handle on it, really? It's not an iBook).

I'll be getting WW for a family friend. Her kids have never played Wind Waker before (they played the DS versions and thought WW coming out is a sequel).
Old 09-09-13, 09:59 AM
Suspended

In all honesty, I'd rather see an updated Skyward Sword with no motion controls and a few tweaks here and there. And, like Wind Waker, it'd be much easier to "next generation-ize" than TP. But I'm not Nintendo.
Skyward is far too new. Motion controls were better, but still annoying.

Maybe an easy HD update for it with some tweaks etc.

But another Zelda on Wii U with no real new one? Not going to happen.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.