Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Batman: Arkham Knight - 6/23/15 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-15, 09:01 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Batman: Arkham Knight - 6/23/15 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC

Originally Posted by Supermallet

As for the toxin, they go to great lengths throughout the game to point out that it absorbs through the skin, so a gas mask wouldn't help.
Honestly though if Batman had to do something under water he would have a suit..if he had to go into space a suit.. with all his advancements he would have come up with something if the writers wanted him...
Old 06-30-15, 09:07 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the biggest culprit regarding the fear toxin is that Batman knows beforehand that Scarecrow is behind this latest threat. So Batman should be very well prepared beforehand with fear toxin countermeasures.

It's understandable Batman was caught unaware in Arkham Asylum because there's no way he could predict a full scale breakout like that. In Arkham Knight, however, he definitely has foreknowledge and should be better prepared.
Old 06-30-15, 09:13 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,203 Likes on 852 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
I love Kevin Conroy to death, but I sort of agree with Dan here. His performance is sort of wooden this go around. Like he is just reading the lines. I don't notice it always, but several times I've thought to myself that he just didn't seem too into the part.
Thanks for showing that I'm not alone on this one, and for articulating it better than I did.
I agree that not all of his lines are bad, but there's a bunch of cringe-worthy line delivery from him. I don't remember having this complaint for Arkham Asylum or Arkham City, so maybe it's just isolated to this game, or just our opinions.

Everyone else (so far) is pretty solid, IMO. My only issue with Arkham Knight (the character) is his delivery is great, but still seems out of place in this game. It's hard to say, specifically, but the other main villains SOUND like villains. AK sounds more like a regular guy, but I still think he's great.
Old 06-30-15, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,165 Likes on 909 Posts

I think Conroy's voice work in the game is fine for the most part but there are certain times where he sounds a bit off to me. Maybe its getting harder for him to do the voice as he's getting older or something. I have noticed that he hasn't been chosen for the voice of Bruce/Batman in a lot of the DCAU stuff. I sort of chalked it up to Warner wanting to try out other voice actors, but yet Conroy takes other parts so maybe he just has a harder time doing it for long periods.
Old 06-30-15, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Seriously? Dude, you are like 90% through the main quest. If you made it that far, keep going. There's no more than an hour left to the ending. I believe the part you are at is the very last drone battle as well.

Seriously, giving up now is like watching 2 hours and 50 minutes of a 3 hour movie and then quitting right before the ending.
Yeah, I know I was near the end, and it's still fine with me. I don't need to complete a game's story 100% any more in order to feel satisfaction or that I've got my money's worth.

Spoiler:
There's the part in the game when the Batmobile gets crushed by the tunneling machine, and it was such a relief. Then Batman's all like, "Don't worry, Lucius made a second one." Probably the beginning of the end for me.

My wife and kids were out of town for four days this week, and during that time I basically did nothing but play this game. If I had to guess, I'd estimate I spent somewhere between 20-25 hours playing, maybe more. That's plenty.

And, I'll always have the PC version sitting in my Steam Library, so once it's patched up and running like it should, maybe I'll revisit next time the Arkham bug strikes again.
Old 06-30-15, 11:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lopper
Spoiler:
There's the part in the game when the Batmobile gets crushed by the tunneling machine, and it was such a relief. Then Batman's all like, "Don't worry, Lucius made a second one." Probably the beginning of the end for me.
Spoiler:
It was very predictable that there would be a second Batmobile. Consider that there are sidequests like the APCs and explosive mines that require the Batmobile. If you hadn't completed those sidequests by that point in the main quest, then they would be made impossible to finish and get 100% completion.
Old 06-30-15, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While I thought Conroy's voice work was fine, I do agree that he wasn't at his best here. Like Mike said, I think some of that is probably age, and some of it is probably how the lines were recorded.

Conroy will forever be Batman to me, but I really grew to enjoy Bruce Greenwood's Batman from Young Justice, and wouldn't be mad if he picked up the mantle if/when they make another Batman game if Conroy doesn't want to do it/the developers want to take Batman in a new direction.
Old 06-30-15, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,375 Likes on 936 Posts

I just got the "true" ending. Well, second true ending. I still need 100% on all the Riddler stuff.

Ending spoilers:
Spoiler:
I like how it is sort of like The Dark Knight Rises in that "Batman" dies but we all know he fakes his death. That way, there is no more scrutiny on Bruce Wayne since he was unmasked by the Scarecrow

Now I'll dick around for another week or so and get the Riddler trophies.
Old 06-30-15, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Since you've done all the sidequests what were you favorite ones to complete? I've just started doing them.
Old 06-30-15, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't want to start a taffer debate on Batman killing, but...

Old 06-30-15, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 413 Likes on 309 Posts

Jeez. You guys have a lot of time to play. I haven't even finished Witcher yet let alone this.
Old 06-30-15, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,375 Likes on 936 Posts

Originally Posted by boredsilly
Since you've done all the sidequests what were you favorite ones to complete? I've just started doing them.
Probably the Azrael stuff and the random bodies you find. The villain of that is great. Fuck the finding bombs or watch towers or other militia stuff. It took me forever to track down the last few of those.
Old 07-01-15, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did a mission last night that required some careful Batmobile driving and if I didn't totally fuck it up I'd be almost done and my 5 year old would start cheering and it would totally screw me up. Damn near had to duct tape his mouth shut.
Old 07-01-15, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Kotaku has an article with anonymous QA testers about the PC version sucking so bad, basically saying that it's been broken for awhile because the console version was so difficult to get working decently and all the time was spent on that, and that WB thought the PC version was good enough to release.

http://kotaku.com/sources-warner-bro...s-a-1714915219

I feel bad for Iron Galaxy, since everyone on forums like NeoGAF have been throwing them under the bus when it doesn't seem like their fault.

Last edited by fumanstan; 07-01-15 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-01-15, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I can only imagine just how horrible that limited edition Batmobile statue was to be cancelled days before release. I mean, WB even released Batman and Robin into movie theaters!
Old 07-02-15, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Considering the statue that comes with the special edition is pretty wack, I would love to see what the Batmobile looked like.
Old 07-02-15, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Finished the main mission. I have no desire to do more. Those tank missions broke me.
Old 07-02-15, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Finished the main mission. I have no desire to do more. Those tank missions broke me.
I saw the 100% ending and with what the remaining tank missions offered coupled with the tedium of the Riddler's stuff, I have no desire to actually 100% the story.

The payoff to all the militia nonsense is really a sham.
Old 07-02-15, 06:27 PM
Banned

I don't mind the Riddler trophies this time around since there are a lot fewer compared to Arkham City. However, I absolutely freaking hate the Riddler Batmobile race sequences. Racing on the walls and ceiling and crap. If I wanted a freaking racing game, I would have bought a freaking racing game. WTF is Riddler even testing my racing abilities for anyway? He's the freaking Riddler. Where is the riddle aspect in these races?

Something else I just though of, but Rocksteady should do a TMNT game. The tag-team fighting in Arkham Knight would be a cool way to do a TMNT game.

Last edited by kgrogers1979; 07-02-15 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-02-15, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
I saw the 100% ending and with what the remaining tank missions offered coupled with the tedium of the Riddler's stuff, I have no desire to actually 100% the story.

The payoff to all the militia nonsense is really a sham.
Yeah I think I'll hit it up on YouTube
Old 07-02-15, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Something else I just though of, but Rocksteady should do a TMNT game. The tag-team fighting in Arkham Knight would be a cool way to do a TMNT game.
I think a the next game for Rocksteady to do would be a Batman VS Superman tie in game. Not sure if they'd have enough time to develop it though considering the movie comes out next year and WB probably would want a release close to the movie premiering.

Edit To Add Looks like RS hint at a possible tie in game after all

http://www.denofgeek.us/games/batman...-superman-game

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Id5SsZlGOi0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-02-15, 08:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mhg83
Edit To Add Looks like RS hint at a possible tie in game after all

http://www.denofgeek.us/games/batman...-superman-game

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Id5SsZlGOi0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The guy in that video just mentions the Superman easter eggs and he conveniently ignores all the other easter eggs. They are not hinting at a Batman vs Superman game at all. They're just easter eggs and nothing more. Every Arkham game has had tons and tons of easter eggs.

Some other easter eggs in Arkham Knight:
One of the buildings is Queen Consolidated. That's Oliver Queen aka Green Arrow.
A random thug conversation will mention Keystone City and a guy who runs so fast you can't see him coming. That's Flash.
Another random thug conversation mentions a monster in a Louisana swamp. That's Swamp Thing.
There are several movie posters for The Gray Ghost. That was an episode on Batman: The Animated Series.
Old 07-02-15, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A Superman game would be incredibly tough for them to pull off. I have no doubt Rocksteady could deliver some killer Superman boss battles, but how do you do the moment to moment gameplay? It's a shame Rocksteady isn't tied to Marvel, as more of those characters would lend themselves to this style of game. DC has so many god-like characters, I can't think of many outside of Green Arrow or the Bat-family characters that could be dropped into an Arkham style game and have it work. I'm talking the bigger characters.

I would love for Rocksteady to do a Spider-man game. I don't even like Spider-man like that, but I know they could kill that property.
Old 07-02-15, 09:20 PM
Banned

Daredevil would be awesome in this game engine. I think Daredevil or TMNT are the best candidates for this type of gameplay.

I agree that Superman is too invincible to make this kind of game with him. He can decapitate a regular person with one punch. So you can't just have regular thug battles with him. Its just impossible to make a good game with a godlike character like Superman. You can make movies or TV shows with him, but gameplay-wise there's not much you can do because he's just too powerful.
Old 07-02-15, 10:18 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would like to see them tackle either Green Arrow...or Constantine...

Green Arrow would be real easy to do based off the engine...and Constantine would focus less on large group combat, and more detective and cunning..with some combat, and supernatural aspects...

I think Green Arrow would obviously be the easier and more popular choice...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.