Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Batman: Arkham Knight - 6/23/15 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-15, 05:52 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Batman: Arkham Knight - 6/23/15 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC

Originally Posted by boredsilly
There was a timing issue I just didn't grasp with that. I posted on this forum asking how people did it, and I watched youtube videos explaining how to beat him, and it still took me a dozen tries to do it (if not more). And then there are people that said the fight was easy as pie. I can only speak from my experience, but I hated that fight with all of my being.
I can only speak for myself cuz I've played fighting games my whole life so this comes to more aware w/ me but Origins was off on the timing for the fighting. It was off slightly but enough to affect the whole damn thing. I eventually got used to the fucked up timing but the Deathstroke fight wasn't that bad. I found it wildly exciting and fun. But I always had to be conscious about how it was slightly off in the timing for the fights.
Old 06-26-15, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,172 Likes on 914 Posts

I know you've mentioned that before but I guess to me it wasn't very noticeable. To me Arkham Origins was fine but just felt more or less like a re-hash of Arkham City with a different story. You could tell it was mainly done as a way to cash in on the popularity of the first two games before Arkham Knight was released.
Old 06-26-15, 07:16 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree that the timing was off for the fight system in Origins. But I did enjoy that game more than most here. I don't think it was complete and utter crap like a lot of people do.
Old 06-26-15, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The story for Arkham Origins is just as strong as the three Rocksteady games in my opinion. I never had a major issue with the game either. It seemed like most wanted to hate it because it was a different developer.
Old 06-26-15, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

The fighting in Arkham Knight feels easier then previous games to me so far.
Old 06-26-15, 10:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
The fighting in Arkham Knight feels easier then previous games to me so far.
Same here. I have a few 30 hit streaks that seemed to easy to get

Regarding the Bat Mobile after switching the battle mode toggle in settings, it doves like a normal car now. So much easier
Old 06-27-15, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
The story for Arkham Origins is just as strong as the three Rocksteady games in my opinion.
Definitely. Hell, I think it's a better story than City, and on par with Asylum. I think if Origins came out first, people would have lost their minds, but you can't put the game in a vacuum, and so I definitely think that game suffered from franchise fatigue with a lot of fans because it was more of the same.

So I beat the main quest tonight. Overall I'm satisfied with this game. I love how it ends. Spoilers for mechanics, not for what happens:
Spoiler:
I don't know about you guys, but when I get to the end of a game I'm not usually in the mood for a overly tough boss encounter. I favor a more cinematic approach, which is what we get here. This can go wrong (think Shadow of Mordor), but I think Rocksteady do enough with making the ending interesting to excuse the lack of any challenge.

Boy, am I glad youtube exists. There is zero chance I will get 100% in this game, so it's nice to see that content without having to do the work.
Old 06-27-15, 06:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Supermallet
I agree that the timing was off for the fight system in Origins. But I did enjoy that game more than most here. I don't think it was complete and utter crap like a lot of people do.
It wasn't but before those patches. Man, what a clusterfuck for some of us.

Originally Posted by Mike86
The story for Arkham Origins is just as strong as the three Rocksteady games in my opinion. I never had a major issue with the game either. It seemed like most wanted to hate it because it was a different developer.
Maybe for some but for me... I don't really hold allegiance to that. I was never all super Rocksteady fanboy when Origins was coming out but holy hell did one feel the difference. It was LIKE Rocksteady but not them. The game had weak boss fights for Shiva and Deadshot. They weren't even boss fights. Just regular fights. And for Shiva they needed to open up that room a bit more. It was bit too cramped for the camera in there. The fighting was off. It just felt not as tight as how Rocksteady had it. It just felt cheap compared to after City. The graphics hadn't improved really either. It was like a downgrade at times.
Old 06-27-15, 10:57 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 952 Likes on 797 Posts

i'm so hesitant to start this because of the batmobile missions. there is no way to skip these, correct?
Old 06-27-15, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by OldBoy
i'm so hesitant to start this because of the batmobile missions. there is no way to skip these, correct?
No, it's a core part of the gameplay.
Old 06-27-15, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 568 Likes on 417 Posts

I never play racing/car games and I had almost no issues getting around with the batmobile other then the very last Riddler race which took me like 10 tries.
Old 06-27-15, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by The Questyen
I never play racing/car games and I had almost no issues getting around with the batmobile other then the very last Riddler race which took me like 10 tries.
promising...
Old 06-27-15, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by OldBoy
You've tried them, and don't like them, or just think you won't like them?
Old 06-27-15, 03:22 PM
Banned

I think he just thinks he's going to suck major ass w/ them.
Old 06-27-15, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm dumb. Thinking about the game, and I'm still tripping that there were no boss battles, but I failing to realize that the boss battles have essentially been farmed out and are now the sidequests. If you don't do those, while doing the main story, you will run into a surprisingly small amount of Batman's Rogue's gallery. I know City wasn't too dissimilar, but there were more Rogue's in the main story there I feel.
Old 06-27-15, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

PC version starting to get a few fixes out -

http://steamcommunity.com/games/2086...87678178226617
Old 06-27-15, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by boredsilly
You've tried them, and don't like them, or just think you won't like them?
tried and do not like...

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
I think he just thinks he's going to suck major ass w/ them.
this.
Old 06-27-15, 10:56 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Batman Arkham Asylum and City were amazing games with maybe Asylum being slightly better, but City had it's strengths as well. I just could not enjoy Origins. I gave up on it toward the end..it was just not a game I was having fun with.

So far Knight is amazing. I am having no trouble with the vehicle missions and the main story has flowed very well. Combat has been easy, but I got outside the main story and some of the fights are harder than I remember. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the combat, because I feel the game just throws you into it. I feel a bit overwhelmed with the level up menu, something I never had a problem with before.

I am about 5 hours into it, and the quality is right there with the first two games. I missed the more structured/controlled level design of the first game though....
Old 06-28-15, 02:17 PM
Banned

Spoiler:
Anyone make it to Joker's song and dance routine yet? "Your parents are dead, and I can't stop laughing."
Old 06-28-15, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Spoiler:
Anyone make it to Joker's song and dance routine yet? "Your parents are dead, and I can't stop laughing."
Spoiler:
Yeah. I really like the way that The Joker was incorporated into this game. He has some pretty twisted things to say.
Old 06-28-15, 04:02 PM

i could barely do the very first Batmobile mission where you have to track down the rocket launching truck and pick it off...
Old 06-28-15, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I will say the one thing that bums me out is how it tempts you with being able to play as other characters very briefly. I wish it was like GTA5 where you can switch between characters and they each have different missions to do.
Old 06-28-15, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

There's a PC mod that lets you use other characters. Too bad that version has so many other issues.

http://kotaku.com/batman-arkham-knig...n-f-1714534559

I agree though, that this many games in it would be nice if they let you do more with the other characters. I'm getting kind of tired of Batman refusing everyone's help
Old 06-28-15, 05:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'm getting kind of tired of Batman refusing everyone's help
To be fair, that's just keeping in character.

Some of the later drone battles get very VERY hectic. I just had one with 40 drones. It took me three tries to beat that one, and that's the first one I actually had to retry,

I don't mind the Batmobile too much, but I wish 80% of the game wasn't in the Batmobile. I miss the actual hand-to-hand fighting and predator stealth segments, but there are very few of them in this game compared to previous games. It seems like I spend the majority of the time fighting drones in the Batmobile.
Old 06-28-15, 05:52 PM
Banned

Beat the game. Holy fuck were there some fucked up things going on in here. Appropriately w/ the material.

100% throught the whole goddamn thing. Rocksteady really is the only one to truly handle Bats well.

The batmobile bits weren't hard. Shit got insane though. I'm not used to the how much shit can fly about in this current gen w/ its destruction.

Being a Bats fan for a very long time. I REALLY REALLY like how they've narratively handled his world and adapted all these moments from the comics into the games. I was right about AK. And I dug it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.