The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)

Old 12-27-12, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)

Originally Posted by MWB
200 each, apparently. Sale has already gone live. 800 points for all five, probably the best of all the year-end deals on Xbox.
Wow, 800 for all five? That's like 10 bucks for the entire game. As much as I loved it, lesson learned if they release a season two. Should have played through the backlog and then picked this up.
Old 12-27-12, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It always pays to wait. Always.

With my 50% off MSP cards from Target, the whole thing ends up costing me $5.
Old 12-27-12, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,005 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage

With my 50% off MSP cards from Target, the whole thing ends up costing me $5.
Same here. I usually prefer disc-based but for 5 bucks, I will live with it.
Old 12-27-12, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really glad now I held out on these deals of the day. 720 points for Borderlands and and now 800 for the entire Walking Dead. Score!
Old 12-28-12, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Same here. I usually prefer disc-based but for 5 bucks, I will live with it.
The Xbox disc has gotten a lot of very bad reviews on Amazon. Those who have played both versions say the downloads do not have these problems.

I ALWAYS prefer the disc...until now. The world has ended and everybody owes the Mayans an apology.
Old 12-28-12, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts

I normally am a disc guy (b/c I can resell it later), but with as cheap as this is, and having $5 in promo credit to burn at Amazon, I bought 800 points and got this. I hope it is as good as everyone says it is.
Old 12-28-12, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

Any thoughts on the Xbox download vs iOS? I got the first ep free for my phone but am tempted to get the whole mess for XB.
Old 12-28-12, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's so cheap on XBL right now, you'd be a fool to pass it up. $10 for the whole thing! My only issue with it is the controls as my brain is hard-wired to invert the Y-axis with view/orientation/camera/however-you-wanna-say it, so it's a bit foreign to me with no option.

I haven't played the iOS version, but even playing it over AirPlay on an AppleTV, I'd still probably prefer the native Xbox implementation for theater gaming.
Old 12-28-12, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, the price is hard to pass up. I have much more time to game on my phone than my console, though, especially since this isn't a game I'd play with kids around. Hmm.
Old 12-28-12, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Played through about an hour of it. I like it, but it takes some getting used to since I've been playing Dead Island lately.
Old 12-28-12, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow. What an enjoyable experience. I wanted to wait for the disc, but for the next one I'll have to get each episode as they're released.

It wasn't completely flawless, the decisions felt more arbitrary as the game went on, but I'm sure the feeling is different and I'm going to replay it eventually and do/say everything opposite just to see what it's like.

I loved the art design, great characters and story, great music. I loved the ending too. As my not-professional-storyteller sees it,
Spoiler:
the only endings they could do are bleak and everyone dies (that sucks), they reach a huge fortified camp headed by remnants of the government and army and its life happy ever after (boring), or something open ended with a hint of good (perfect).

My most anticipated game for awhile has been last of us (I love post apocalyptic stories) but I can't imagine that game having any where near the impact this game had on me.

I played the sierra point and click adventure games back in the day, remember star trek and indiana jones too, but I haven't played a game like that in a really long time. This game has be itching for more, but I'm sure there aren't many that are this good. Any recommendations though?
Old 12-28-12, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by maxfisher

Spoiler:
the station-wagon guy at the end. Just ridiculous and made no sense. Unless the walkie talkie had a tracking device in it, it's absurd that he was able to track their party when they took the train, got to the city, etc. His whole 'I was listening to all the stuff you did' was nonsense too. It pulled me completely out of the story, as the only reason his character was there was as an excuse to recap player decisions throughout the game. It made no sense, had no place in the story and should've been left out. To have such a load of crap right at the end was really disappointing, given how strong it'd been up until then.

A much more minor complaint is how predictable some plot points were. As soon as Lee trained Clem to shoot on the train, I knew the game was going to end with him turning and her shooting him. It was so heavily foreshadowed that they kind of hit you over the head with it. What was going on at cannibal farm was also very apparent long before it was revealed, though that may have been intentional to up the creep-out factor.
Spoiler:
I thought the station wagon guy was a really cool and unexpected ending. Some of the details he said were a bit much but I figured clementine must have told him lots of things along the way. I also didn't think much about the ending when he taught clementine to shoot. Seems like you would have to.
Old 12-28-12, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was going to hold out until the disc was a bit cheaper but the sale yesterday changed my mind. Not sure when I'll have the chance to sit and really enjoy this game but I couldn't resist a game that had gathered such a fan base and praise.
Old 12-29-12, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took advantage of the sale yesterday and played through the first two episodes. I'm really liking it so far.
Old 12-29-12, 08:32 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Uh...wtf? I downloaded episode 4 and 5 yesterday off of live. And now...it's taking me back to Episode 1. And if I look at my stats for Episode 2 and 3 they're gone. 1 somehow still has it's stats. WTF?
Old 12-29-12, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt925

I played the sierra point and click adventure games back in the day, remember star trek and indiana jones too, but I haven't played a game like that in a really long time. This game has be itching for more, but I'm sure there aren't many that are this good. Any recommendations though?
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

http://store.steampowered.com/app/205650/
Old 12-29-12, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I got the Xbox DL as well and played through part of the first episode. I like it so far--good story.
Old 12-29-12, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have a question. I downloaded all the episodes for xbox and just finished playing the first episode. I assumed it would immediately start me on episode 2 but it didn't and took me back to the main menu after the credits ran.

So I loaded up the game, chose my old save and and the game automatically moved me to episode 2. But when the game starts up, it is the end of episode one again:
Spoiler:
Starting at the hotel after the drugstore aftermath where to have to check in with everyone and then it ends.
I don't really want to play that section again and then have it do the exact same thing again.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a glitch? I would hate to start episode 2 with a new save and thus forget all of my decisions since that is a key point of playing this game. Anyone?
Old 12-29-12, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts

You should be able to manually choose episode 2 from the game menu (and then select your save), try that. Then you'll be shown a "Previously on" video and the episode will begin.
Old 12-29-12, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It seems to only let you choose your save first and then choose the episode. And when I choose episode two, it just goes straight back to the part in episode one that I have played already.

It appears that it did not do an auto save when I finished episode one. Don't know how to fix that but it will suck going thru it once more and then it not save again.
Old 12-29-12, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts

Yeah that sucks, hopefully just a one time glitch.
Old 12-29-12, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

I recall reading about people getting such a glitch when episode 5 was first released.
Old 12-29-12, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk God

So all the achievements on this game are playthrough ones, right?

I'm almost done with episode 1. I'm pretty impressed. While I am not used to playing a game like this, I can honestly say it doesn't detract from how good it is. I like the decisions you have to make.

Are there any sites that show you the effects of your decisions? Like I've saved
Spoiler:
Duck and the reporter with a gun
and I'd like to see how that affects the game later.
Old 12-29-12, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got up to the part in Episode 3 where:

Spoiler:
Duck is dying on the train. Holy shit that was depressing. Did not see Kat killing herself coming at all.

Last edited by TheNightFlier; 01-10-13 at 08:45 PM. Reason: People are ridiculous.
Old 12-29-12, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

This is cool, I didn't know Telltale had this on their website. Here are the % breakdowns of the choices that everyone picked, like they show at the end of each episode. Spoilers, obviously.

http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/stats/#about

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.