Reload this Page >

Wasteland 2 Project on Kickstarter

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wasteland 2 Project on Kickstarter

Old 09-21-14, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Wasteland 2 Project on Kickstarter

Which radio tower did you do first? I did the Ag Center. I'm wondering if one is easier than the other.

What level are you?

I used a Wasteland 2 save game editor to "fix" some of my skills, you might want to give that a try if you put points into something you don't want. You can also edit the save game files yourself, the characters are stored as XML files in the save folders.

This is the editor I used: http://home.comcast.net/~cinful75/WL2/

One cool thing is it will let you pick ANY portrait in the game to use for your characters, so I actually changed one of them to some NPC that looked cool.

I still might bump down the difficulty to Rookie as well, especially since there are no Steam achievements and like you said it's hard as hell on Seasoned.
Old 09-21-14, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I went to Highpool first, and all my guys were just level 2. That might have made a big difference, as I had to fight off groups of 4 or 5.

The editor looks neat, but I'd feel like i'm cheating going back and adjusting my points I like the idea of changing portraits though, the ones on my custom guys look really bad and take me out of the game a little.
Old 09-21-14, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I accidentally gave two characters lock picking so that's the main reason I went looking for one. The game does seem to be getting easier the further I get, but it's still a very unforgiving game.
Old 09-21-14, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Is there no fast travel in this? Namely I hate running around a city just to exit it and travel elsewhere.
Old 09-22-14, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nope, don't think so.
Old 09-22-14, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, I didn't think so. It doesn't help that it feels like im fighting the camera quite a bit too just getting it turned the right way and for the right visibility just so my guys can move to a certain location.

Dropping the difficulty is helping my enjoyment of the game considerably at least.
Old 09-22-14, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The camera is definitely annoying at times. They need to add transparency when your character is being blocked by something.
Old 09-23-14, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Agreed on the difficulty. Where's the obligatory rat-killing introduction?
Old 09-23-14, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I dropped the difficulty down to Rookie as well. I dunno, maybe it's because I was able to afford two of my characters some armor, but it seems too easy now.
Old 09-23-14, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, i'm having no issues no Rookie and my guys don't seem to come close to dying whereas Seasoned I'd always get a guy knocked out or completely dead. I wouldn't mind seasoned if they just made the percentage of hits or weapon jams better; nothing like seeing 70%+ accuracy and missing 3 out of 4 times.
Old 09-23-14, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I swear the percentages LIE.

One good thing to do is train someone in whatever the weapon crafting skill is and then you can dismantle guns for a chance of getting various mods. One of the mods reduces weapon jam chance. Those breakdown chances lie as well though.
Old 09-24-14, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Has anyone been to the prison yet? Pretty brutal. I'm not sure how the hell I'd survive if I wasn't playing on rookie.

It's nice though that I'm at a point now where I have some pretty good weapons, and a decent amount of ammo and money. Not sure if it's because I bumped down to Rookie and they give better loot or what, but I think this game could of been balanced better at the beginning. Maybe I should of put ALL my starting points into weapon skills instead, since no one can hit shit until they get to level 3 or 4 of a skill.
Old 09-24-14, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Haven't had too much time to play this game, but I do like what I've seen. I didn't realize at first you could rotate the camera. I though you could only zoom in/out. I thought I hit a dead end in one part until I rotated the camera and saw a cave.

I do agree having some sort of transparency when blocked by something would help.
Old 09-27-14, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My guys are all around level 15 now, and I'm in Damonta. I swear, this place is going to make me quit the damn game! I'm getting so sick and tired of every damn enemy being able to move an entire football fields distance in one turn. It basically makes ranged combat pointless, since my ranged characters are always having to reposition each turn to get shots off in their "optimal range". On top of this it seems like every fight involves fighting like 10+ guys at once. Plus, I have a couple guys following me around for side-quests (non-controllable), who have under 50hp each, and either shoot through the rest of my guys doing tons of collateral damage or they make a mad dash into a group of enemies and instantly die.

/rant off.
Old 10-15-15, 12:30 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Missed this on pc...picked it up on ps4..and it is REALLY good.
Old 10-15-15, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 449 Posts

Wasteland 2 Director's Cut was just released. I think everyone who previously bought Wasteland 2 on PC should get the upgrade for free.

Here's a review of the Director's Cut version:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/...ors-cut-review

The XB1 and PS4 versions are the Director's Cut.
Old 10-15-15, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Yes, if you have Wasteland 2 on the PC you should get the upgrade free.

It showed up in my Steam library.
Old 10-15-15, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,168 Likes on 4,198 Posts

Hey, I was supposed to get that game with the early Kickstarter pledge for Bard's Tale, right? What happened with that?

Edit : I created an account from the Backer's Portal and now I have a Steam key.

Last edited by Decker; 10-15-15 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-15-15, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Did you follow through and select it on the backer site?

https://bardstale.inxile-entertainment.com/user/private

I got mine.
Old 10-16-15, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I quit playing back when I said it was going to make me quit playing. I want to get back into it but I'm not sure if at this point I should just restart the game, or try continuing where I stopped.
Old 10-16-15, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,168 Likes on 4,198 Posts

So I redeemed the code. It shows as two separate items in my Steam Library -- Wasteland 2 and Wasteland 2 : Director's Cut. Do I need to install both of them to play the game or just the DC version? Thanks
Old 10-16-15, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 395 Likes on 296 Posts

I picked it up, too. Really fun. But the camera sucks.
Old 10-16-15, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ah shit, save games don't transfer over. Well... maybe I won't bother after all, or maybe I'll wait until after playing Fallout 4.
Old 10-16-15, 11:14 PM
gamer for life

I am about 12 hours in..and this game is a blast...

I am actually surprised how much I am enjoying this. Even though I played wasteland 1 and of course Fallout 1 and 2, reviews had me thinking the game would not live up to my expectations. I was wrong.
Old 10-20-15, 12:16 PM
gamer for life

I am probably 30 hours into this, and outside some glitches this game is fantastic. The cocky rpg nerd in me started out on the highest difficulty setting, and with perm death possible, I have had to reload a save a few times...but it is worth it.

Found an abandon site, and discovered a bunch of mutilated bodies. I explored a little and some robots attacked me. Not so bad. I move on and see this giant mech spider. I go after him, thinking I can overpower him, only to get attacked by two more of them at the same time. I die. Reload. I took a different approach of attack and move...and kept my characters away from each other. I have a brawling character I call Donnie Yen, and he has this skill that strips armor...and with his crazy movement I was able to strip them and take them out one at a time. So satisfying when the last one fell.

I know that assault riffles are suppose to be the best, and they probably still are, but with the re-balance I can say the game I am playing, the brawling has huge advantages in some situations, and the sniper is crazy over powered at times. The only weapon I have not been happy with is the shotgun, though they do take out any cover which can help.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.