Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Skylanders, Anyone?

I wish my son was older so I can joIn on this
Old 05-19-12, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I've got a Zoolert text notification set up for Wham Shell from Walmart, but every time I get one the item is OOS.

I think it's a glitch.

Texts are slower than people refreshing the browser window.

I ordered Wham Shell from Amazon about a month ago when it popped up. Still haven't got it. . Guess I need to do the Zoolert Wal-Mart route.
Old 05-19-12, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,173 Likes on 4,202 Posts

Seriously, what's the deal with Wham Shell? Why is he so scarce and will he become more available soon?

Can't wait for my son's birthday next week to give him all the Skylanders I've been acquiring and stockpiling for him (Dragon's Peak, Darklight Crypt, Empire of Ice, Warnado, Ignitor & Camo 3 Pack, Lightning Rod, Zook & Cynder 3 pack, plus a Dino-Rang to decorate his cake at his party the next week). It'll be quite a haul.
Old 05-20-12, 01:34 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Saw several Wham Shells at Target yesterday. Not really buying anymore till I beat the game so I passed. They had at least 4 of them....didn;t know these were so hard to find.
Old 05-20-12, 10:42 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Saw several Wham Shells at Target yesterday. Not really buying anymore till I beat the game so I passed. They had at least 4 of them....didn;t know these were so hard to find.
I might have to stop by Target more often.
Old 05-23-12, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
I wish my son was older so I can joIn on this
Why wait? It's a fun game unless you're a very hard core gamer type. At least the "bad" reviews I've seen come from that type gamer. Almost everyone else pretty much likes it.
Old 05-23-12, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had my grandson with me today when I went to the comic shop for my weekly fix and since we pass Hastings on the way I asked: "Do you want to stop in Hastings on the way to the comic store and see if they have Wham-Shell?" Of course, being a Skylander obsessed 8 year old, he said "YES!!". We go in and find a *single* Wham-Shell on the racks. They had literally dozens of different figures in both singles and three packs. Naturally he zeroed on the Wham-Shell and snatched it up while I looked to see if there were any others (he gets a kick out of telling his friends what he sees and where). He was pumped! But because we just opened the Warnado/Ignitor/Camo three pack 2 days ago I told him he could look at it all he wants but we would not open it until next week. I make them play with any new character(s) for several days to get a feel for their powers and abilities as well as level them up/purchase upgrades before new ones can "come out". If I didn't do this I'm sure there would be several that would have only received a few minutes of play before being relegated to "not very good" status. By doing that they've found new favorites with some that start out not so good but level up/upgrade very nicely.

AND... I got a shipping notice on the Dragon's Peak Adventure Set I ordered a couple of weeks back. Based on its current location in the shipping chain we should get it Friday! When it arrives *we're done*!!! With the exception of the special colored/painted figures we'll have at least one copy of everything available.

Now the almost unendurable wait (for him) for Giants to be released will start!
Old 05-28-12, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I guess no one here has done Lightning Rod's Bonus Challenge.

The 360 & PS3 appear to have a glitch where you can't finish it except with Lightning Rod himself. The setup is killing enemies and teleporting to find a mask at the end. Simple, however, if you play with any Skylander other than LR the mask isn't there resulting in "Challenge Failed."

The work around is starting the challenge as LR and dying. After dying you can change to any other Skylander letting you find the mask. This may or may not require doing it on a new save file. I did it on a new save file.

I only have 1 challenge left(Wham-Shell's whenever he decides to show up from Amazon) with Stealth Elf and she'll be maxed out. She's a beast.
Old 05-29-12, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^Thanks for the info. We've not yet opened Dragon's Peak so don't know if that's an issue on the Wii version. I'll post an update as soon as I know.

My grandson watched me do most of the challenges with Stealth Elf the other day. He surprised me by not really wanting to do them himself in spite of offering *lots* of "help" about how to beat each one!
Old 05-29-12, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I wish they would quit holding back on the release of Wham Shell and put enough out there to actually find one.
Old 05-29-12, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
^Thanks for the info. We've not yet opened Dragon's Peak so don't know if that's an issue on the Wii version. I'll post an update as soon as I know.
Two things; one, Sunburn is in Dragon's Peak, not Lightning Rod. Two, from my Googling, the Wii version is not affected.

Another glitch last night:
I finished Dragon's Peak with 3 stars but depending on which screen you look at, it only shows 2 stars:

Has Activision patched this game at all since launch? They're minor bugs, but most games have 3-4 patches this far into release.
Old 05-29-12, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Boom - managed to order a Wham Shell from Amazon today. That officially gets us all the characters. Whew.
Old 05-29-12, 10:22 PM

Wham Shell showed up in my Gold Box today, but was unavailable when I clicked on it. Thanks Amazon.

BTW : I just discovered something -- if you "buy" a Skylander figure or magic item in the iPad game and then later actually buy the figure or set in real life, you can enter the codes in the game and get a refund for the gems you spent originally on the item. That's a cool bonus.
Old 05-30-12, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Draven
Boom - managed to order a Wham Shell from Amazon today. That officially gets us all the characters. Whew.
Me too. I'm done!... until Giants.

Zoolerts is one cool tool!
Old 05-30-12, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Me too. I'm done!... until Giants.

Zoolerts is one cool tool!
Yes it is - though apparently last night was "Wham Shell Day" at Amazon, as I got 5 texts throughout the night for it. Had to clear the alert this morning.
Old 05-30-12, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Draven
Yes it is - though apparently last night was "Wham Shell Day" at Amazon, as I got 5 texts throughout the night for it. Had to clear the alert this morning.
Yup, same here. I missed the first text, but last night at my little brother's wedding reception, I felt the text and jumped on it! Wahoo!

I got two more last night before remembering to tap the second link to kill the reminders.
Old 05-31-12, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got Boomer in the mail yesterday from that frito contest. Now we just need to see if my wife gets the other one that she won.
Old 05-31-12, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
I got Boomer in the mail yesterday from that frito contest. Now we just need to see if my wife gets the other one that she won.
I just got Wrecking Ball in the mail from that contest today, Amazingly, it along with Wham Shell were the only two I was missing.
Thanks Fritos!
Old 05-31-12, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Two things; one, Sunburn is in Dragon's Peak, not Lightning Rod. Two, from my Googling, the Wii version is not affected.
That's what happens when you type without engaging your brain!

Thanks for the Wii information! I'll *still* check it out 'cause I'm OCD that way...
Old 05-31-12, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Originally Posted by Decker
I just got Wrecking Ball in the mail from that contest today, Amazingly, it along with Wham Shell were the only two I was missing.
Thanks Fritos!
Very cool! I didn't call as all of you were reporting "wins" so I figured it was either a scam or a non-working contest as a few speculated.
Old 05-31-12, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I guess no one here has done Lightning Rod's Bonus Challenge.

The 360 & PS3 appear to have a glitch where you can't finish it except with Lightning Rod himself. The setup is killing enemies and teleporting to find a mask at the end. Simple, however, if you play with any Skylander other than LR the mask isn't there resulting in "Challenge Failed."

The work around is starting the challenge as LR and dying. After dying you can change to any other Skylander letting you find the mask. This may or may not require doing it on a new save file. I did it on a new save file.
Follow up. You do have to do it on a new save file for some reason.
Old 05-31-12, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Very cool! I didn't call as all of you were reporting "wins" so I figured it was either a scam or a non-working contest as a few speculated.
Wasn't it supposed to be giving you a "Skylander Sidekick" or something? This is just a regular figure.
Old 05-31-12, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

People on CAG are saying one of the phone numbers was for a regular fig and the other number was for the sidekick.
Old 05-31-12, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Sorry for my ignorance but how the hell do you actually add an alert on zooLert? I found the listings for Wham Shell but can't figure out how to add it to my alert list so that it will text me when in stock. Thanks!
Old 05-31-12, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Sorry for my ignorance but how the hell do you actually add an alert on zooLert? I found the listings for Wham Shell but can't figure out how to add it to my alert list so that it will text me when in stock. Thanks!
It's convoluted. When you get to the search results page that shows you all the stores with your item, there's a "Text Me When In Stock" on the right side of the column toward the top. You click that and then select the store(s) you want to alert you.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.