Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Skylanders, Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-12, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts
Re: Skylanders, Anyone?

The Legendary Trigger Happy arrived today in perfect condition. Then I check email to find one from TRU alerting me that the Legendary Triple Pack is in stock! I quickly ordered one of those for $32 and change after shipping/tax. While I *really* hate the ~$5 shipping fee at least it'll average out to ~$11 each. I can live with that. All four of those will be *huge* surprises as both kids have been told repeatedly these are "very hard to find", sell for "way more than they should", and will not be purchased unless they are found at "regular prices".

Now all we need is that last 3 pack of Camo/Ignitor/Warnardo, the Wham Shell single, and the Dragon’s Peak Adventure Pack. Well... at least until Giants arrives.
Old 04-14-12, 09:28 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Now all we need is that last 3 pack of Camo/Ignitor/Warnardo, the Wham Shell single, and the Dragon’s Peak Adventure Pack. Well... at least until Giants arrives.
Ignitor's in the 3-pack?! Dang it, better cancel the single I picked up today thanks to zoolert/Amazon.
Old 04-14-12, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts

I stopped by TRU today. It was stocked with figures and three packs. Lots of them, including the Zook, Cynder, Lightning Rod set that I just nabbed yesterday from Amazon. They have the $9.99/$24.99 price hike going on, but man were they loaded with figures (including hundreds of Legendary Trigger Happy figures -- clearly not much demand for a Legendary version of a figure everyone already has). My dad got my son the Prisim Break/ Boomer / VooDood set and Double Trouble single. We're up to 21 figures now. I'll get him the Cynder three pack and the Empire of Ice set for his birthday and will return the Crypt set back to Target -- that should be enough for us until Giants comes out.
Sure sign of over-collecting : Ran out of Skylander storage space and had to buy a second Stanley Organizer case at Home Depot today.
Old 04-15-12, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Ignitor's in the 3-pack?! Dang it, better cancel the single I picked up today thanks to zoolert/Amazon.
According to the release list here it is. It's been correct on all other 3 pack information and only off on the release date(s) of a few of the figures. If I find one at WM I'll pick it up "just in case" like I did with Cynder. But I got the 3 pack with Cynder so the single is going back.
Old 04-18-12, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I picked up a Ignitor Single Pack at WM today. They had several of him as well as 2-3 each of most of the last wave. Only a single 3-pack variety (the one with Drobot), but 2 copies. Now if those final few characters would get a release/wide release...
Old 04-18-12, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

No luck so far finding either Camo or Warnado. I wish they would start appearing more frequently so I can pick them up. I'm ready to get this over with for awhile and put the hunting to rest at least until this fall.
Old 04-19-12, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
The Legendary Trigger Happy arrived today in perfect condition. Then I check email to find one from TRU alerting me that the Legendary Triple Pack is in stock! I quickly ordered one of those for $32 and change after shipping/tax. While I *really* hate the ~$5 shipping fee at least it'll average out to ~$11 each. I can live with that. All four of those will be *huge* surprises as both kids have been told repeatedly these are "very hard to find", sell for "way more than they should", and will not be purchased unless they are found at "regular prices".
Well, my kid had the money so he wanted me to order the Legendary Pack from TRU. I ordered it and they shipped it out promptly. But get this...it was due to be delivered today via the UPS tracking info they gave. My kid has been bugging the shit out of me about it so I have been checking it everyday. For some reason, UPS delivered it to the Post Office yesterday to do final delivery instead of UPS just delivering it on Weds. Then my mail already came today so now it looks like we may not get it until tomorrow or Saturday.

My kid is going to be pissed. He was expecting it at least by today. I have never heard of a package being shipped one way and then delivered by a different carrier. I called UPS and they said it was a cost effective measure done by TRU. My kid paid $5.28 in shipping and they can't even ship the damn thing to our house properly. Retards.

That's the last purchase I make from TRU online. I have bought from them once or twice before and never run into this.

In better news, my kid only lacks Wham Shell and he will be done with the exception of Dark Spyro and Blue Bash. I have read that Blue Bash is not even blue in the game and has nothing special about him other than the figure is blue. Can anyone here confirm that? My kid said that he doesn't care if he gets him if that is the case. Is Dark Spyro like that as well?
Old 04-19-12, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
In better news, my kid only lacks Wham Shell and he will be done with the exception of Dark Spyro and Blue Bash. I have read that Blue Bash is not even blue in the game and has nothing special about him other than the figure is blue. Can anyone here confirm that? My kid said that he doesn't care if he gets him if that is the case. Is Dark Spyro like that as well?
Blue Bash is just like the silver or gold variants, they appear "in game" as the regular figure with the exact same stats. Dark Spyro on the other hand is another character with a different look, and with different stats.
Old 04-20-12, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

I have a zoolert setup for Wham-Shell. Got a notification at 4am that Wal-Mart had it up. I didn't get up to order it though.
Old 04-20-12, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
...But get this...it was due to be delivered today via the UPS tracking info they gave. ...For some reason, UPS delivered it to the Post Office yesterday to do final delivery instead of UPS just delivering it on Weds. Then my mail already came today so now it looks like we may not get it until tomorrow or Saturday...
Mine was similar. UPS tracking showed it was to be delivered on the 21st. I just checked the tracking and they handed it off to USPS yesterday and it is currently shown as "out for delivery". As I usually get PO deliveries by noon it should be at the house when I arrive after work. I don't understand why UPS just doesn't do the final delivery. You would think the hand off would take extra funds unless it's a contract thing through USPS as they *are* using UPS/FedEx/others for some transportation of packages.

But the odd part is UPS handed it off to the *local* PO rather than the more distant distribution center. Since it was handed off locally I still don't understand why UPS wouldn't just do the final 1/2 mile.

*EDIT*
The Legendary 3 pack was at the house. I *still* have issues with TRU participating in the gouging of packs *plus* charging what they do for shipping - but at least it wasn't the high-priced gouging from others.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 04-20-12 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-21-12, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I gave them the Legendary Trigger Happy last night. I "hid" it behind my back while we played - no one noticed. As soon as the first character "got tired" and they took it off the base I pulled out LTH and dropped him on. It was like Christmas! I *still* haven't gotten across to them that he's "not much better" than regular TH when it comes to the stats (only slightly better armor stats) but they don't care. Even though we opened the 3-pack with Cynder/Lightning Rod/Zook earlier in the day, LTH is the current favorite.
Old 04-23-12, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Has anyone read anything about Skylanders Cloud Patrol being released on Android? I can't seem to find any info on it at all.
Old 04-25-12, 01:09 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got Warnado and Camo in the 3 pack at Best Buy this morning. They had 5 of them. I need to ditch the Ignitor since we already have him. But as another surprise, while looking for Camo and Warnado, Gamestop had a "gold" flameslinger that I picked up.
Old 04-25-12, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Skylanders Sidekicks incoming:

Frito Lay promotion:
Call 1-800-646-2904 or 1-866-599-3907 to win a free sidekick: Flocked Stump Smash. You can call each number once per day for a chance to win. Or you can purchase marked Frito Lay products for a code to redeem online.

I won on the first try last night.
Old 04-25-12, 03:20 PM

I won on my first call too... But when they asked for my address I said the whole thing, then they asked for city, state, zip next... whoops! They got it twice.

Looks like that little piece of bark is mine!!
Old 04-25-12, 04:01 PM

Link to video of Whisper Elf and Terrabite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiNrZxY-1r8

Theother two are Gill Runt and Trigger Snappy.
Old 04-25-12, 04:04 PM

According to another forum, someone has said that you can...

Call 1-800-646-2904 for a chance to win a Flocked Stump Smash

or

Call 1-866-599-3907 to win a random Skylander
Old 04-25-12, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I found a Camo/Ignitor/Warnado 3 pack at Best Buy today also, just leaving the Dragon's Peak pack to hunt for.
Old 04-25-12, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
According to another forum, someone has said that you can...

Call 1-800-646-2904 for a chance to win a Flocked Stump Smash

or

Call 1-866-599-3907 to win a random Skylander
It works, and I won! Thanks!
Old 04-25-12, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I dialed the first number and it said I won as well. I didn't call the 2nd number as I didn't want to jinx it since it said something about only one call permitted per day.

So can you call back again or is it just one win per household?
Old 04-25-12, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I too just called the first number and won as well.
Old 04-25-12, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I won as well. We'll see how well they transcribe the name and address. I hoping I was clear enough because Stump Smash is the most requested Skylander in our house.
Old 04-25-12, 11:48 PM

I won as well. Not counting on anything, but thanks for the info. Now I need to check Best Buy.
Old 04-26-12, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Has anyone not won? If the message didn't state the promotion as running at this time, ending may 5th, I'd assume someone just found a phone number for a promotion that isn't really up and running, which is why everyone is winning. It also said you could enter once a day by email but I haven't found any Frito sites mentioning the contest. The only thing I found was something saying it's going on around June.
Old 04-27-12, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Edison
I found a Camo/Ignitor/Warnado 3 pack at Best Buy today also, just leaving the Dragon's Peak pack to hunt for.
Thanks for the heads up as I called one and was able to get them to hold these for me:
Spoiler:

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.