Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Skylanders, Anyone?

Old 01-10-12, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Skylanders, Anyone?

I'm not sure if the game glitched or if my brain is scrambled from gaming all day today. I'm at Treetop Terrace and it seems like half the pads don't want to work for me. The blue ones that toss you into the air work fine but it's the red ones that keep screwing me. I'll get trapped in the area after the rolling barrels and thanks to the red pad not transporting me I get trapped. I've watched YouTube vids where people simply touch the pads and are zapped away. I'm rebooting my system now to try one last time.

* Luckily a reboot of the system fixed it. That was a close one. *

Last edited by MasterofDVD; 01-10-12 at 06:07 PM. Reason: FIXED!
Old 01-11-12, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

yeah i got stuck on a level (goblins cutting down trees) when it bugged out and wouldnt open one of those doors where you need to kill on the enemies even after i killed them all. luckily restarting the zone fixed it.
Old 01-11-12, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
I read this thread from time to time, I don't have the game, and I get more scared every time.
Sounds interesting..wish my toddler was older so I could justify getting this for him *cough*
Old 01-11-12, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,598 Likes on 999 Posts

My son had a bug where he replaces a character on the portal and it froze on the animation of bringing a new one in. The PS3 itself wasn't frozen (I could still get to the XMB) and even the game wasn't frozen because I tried turning the portal off and the message came up that it needed to be on. It just wouldn't go.

Then I had to explain to my son that he'll have to redo that level because sometimes video games just don't work quite right
Old 01-11-12, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts

Yeah, we've had some glitches too. Usually getting stuck on scenery to the point where we have to quit to the hub world and lose progress.
Old 01-11-12, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 611 Likes on 451 Posts

Amazon has a few of the singles and a three pack curently in stock.

Singles are:
Bash
Drobot
Prism Break
Stump Smash
VooDood

And a lone three pack:
Zap, Hex, DinoRang

A associate at Target told me this morning they were told by corporate to expect some new figures "in 2-3 weeks". They were also told this was due to manufacturing being behind and having issues catching up. Imagine that - the "sold out" unexpected Christmas hit having issues catching up...
Old 01-11-12, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

If any of you guys happen upon the new 3 pack or the Empire of Ice Adventure pack please post here. It looks like some people around the country are getting their hands on them.
Old 01-12-12, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 962 Likes on 590 Posts

I need a fire dude for my kid and then he will have at least one of all the elements. Had I know it was going to be this difficult after x-mas, I would have bought one of each element before then but I had no idea if my kid would like the game or not either...which of course he loves.
Old 01-12-12, 10:12 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on Amazon!
Old 01-12-12, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Here is an updated pic with our added characters. Once they're all released it will likely take a panoramic shot to get them all in.

Spoiler:
Just for fun, I'd like to re-post the second post in this thread:

I thought about it but then thought again and realized that it would likely suck up more of my living room space with very little use. I did read that the figures actually store the leveling up right inside so you can take them and use them elsewhere. I also read that there are somewhere around 20 additional figures at 20 bucks for each 3 pack. That is a lot of extra loot to spend.
Old 01-12-12, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

If any of you guys happen upon the new 3 pack or the Empire of Ice Adventure pack please post here.
Courtesy of CAG, pre-order up at Wal-Mart.com. Ships on 1/24.

No pick-up option, so with tax and shipping my order was a hair over $23 and will arrive around 2/1.
Old 01-12-12, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,598 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Amazon has a few of the singles and a three pack curently in stock.

Singles are:
Bash
Drobot
Prism Break
Stump Smash
VooDood
Thanks for this - only ones I could get for regular price were VooDood and Bash, but I'll take what I can get.

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Courtesy of CAG, pre-order up at Wal-Mart.com. Ships on 1/24.

No pick-up option, so with tax and shipping my order was a hair over $23 and will arrive around 2/1.
Thanks for this too - ordered!
Old 01-12-12, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
Just for fun, I'd like to re-post the second post in this thread:
A little thing called Christmas came along and changed all of that.
Old 01-12-12, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Best Buy!
Old 01-12-12, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice! Hopefully we will see them around here soon. Thanks!
Old 01-13-12, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

So I was messing around and apparently you can play with Skylanders still in the package. So theoretically you could buy one of each Skylander class, finish the game and return them all. Then the next person that buys them gets a leveled up character.

Hell, you could level them up in the package and make it a selling point on ebay.

I assume this only works with the individual characters. I haven't tried the 3 pack or adventure sets yet, but I have a few of those unopened I'll try later.
Old 01-13-12, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,867 Likes on 1,444 Posts

Is that Link's shield?
Old 01-14-12, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 611 Likes on 451 Posts

I was notified by amazon that my order of Stump Smash and VooDood has shipped. We'll *finally* have one of each element! The kids will be very excited when we go by one of those "life" portals, one says "gee - wish we had one of those", and I pull out Stump Smash - Surprise!
Old 01-14-12, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
The kids will be very excited when we go by one of those "life" portals, one says "gee - wish we had one of those", and I pull out Stump Smash - Surprise!
I'm holding our Fire and Air ones hostage. My 7 y.o. has to finish a book before she gets Flameslinger. It's especially bugging her because she needs a fire guy for the totem pole in the hub world. I haven't come up with a challenge/job for her to do for the other one yet.
Old 01-14-12, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been looking around town and I haven't seen any skylanders except for the mega pack, ds pack and standard game pack. Figures and three packs are none existent.
Old 01-15-12, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I found out that some of the stores had the new 3 packs and ice pack in my area but it had to be while I'm at home sick. I guess I'll have to wait until they get them back in as they sold out within hours of getting them.
Old 01-15-12, 04:00 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up Empire of Ice @ Best Buy 2 days ago. Most all stores have been out of stock of add-on adventures and characters for awhile. I've been constantly checking stock on Best Buys website. Then the other day some showed up, I called and had them hold Darklight Crypt for me. The guy told me it was the last one on the shelf. When I got there I picked up the Crypt at customer service but went back to the games area to see if anything else was around and saw Empire of Ice on the shelf (last one). They also had a 3pack (Eruptor, Bash, and Chop Chop), ones I didn't have. I bought the Xbox 360 starter, two 3-packs, Pirate Seas, and one single (Flameslinger) for Christmas. The Christmas purchase covered all the elements, but now the kids love it so much that wanted a few more, but more so the add-on adventures. It's a great game. Just went through the Crypt and looking forward to Ice. At this point not to worried about getting more characters just the adventures. The good thing at Christmas was being able to have Best Buy price match all the other stores. So received the starter for $59.99 (matching Target) and got Pirate Sea free (matching ToyRus) and now I'm using reward zone certificates from that purchase to get the other stuff now.
Looking forward to getting Dragon's Peak to keep the adventure going!
Old 01-15-12, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

None of the Gamestops that I called that had them in stock would hold them for me so I didn't bother trying to race across town. I was feeling like shite yesterday and was curious to see if they came out and called a few stores and some of them had some but not one would hold any for me. As long as I can find them in the next few weeks for my daughter's upcoming birthday then it will be alright.

Edit: 10,000th post!!!!
Old 01-16-12, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well the 16th rumors were correct. Stopped by Target on the way to work and grabbed the new Whirlwind, Double Trouble & Drill Sargent 3-pack.

They hadn't unboxed them yet, so they let me go through them. They had four boxes. 3 boxes were Adventure packs (looks like 2 Empire of Ice packs per box, 2 Pirate and 2 Darklight), and 1 box of character 3-packs. There were 2 of the new character packs.

They didn't get any singles, so no sign of Cynder, but it looks like he'll also be a part of a new triple pack with Lightning Rod and Zook.
Old 01-16-12, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I'm so glad that I'm not into this game because reading peoples' comments in search of the figures remind me of the days that I used to collect the McFarlane sports figures. Going to Toys'R Us and Wal-Mart searching for specific figures was a bad time in my life...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.