Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Skylanders, Anyone?

Old 12-15-15, 12:34 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Skylanders, Anyone?

Originally Posted by The Questyen
To be fair I think Toys to Life in general has hit it's breaking point. From every retail place I've spoken to Lego Dimensions has been a bust.

really? i thought dimensions was beating infinity and skylanders
Old 12-15-15, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,867 Likes on 1,444 Posts

I dunno, I'm a big Lego nut, I love the lego games and am knee deep in both Skylanders and Infinity, and I haven't touched Dimensions (yet). Of course that's anecdotal.
Old 01-08-16, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

A couple of deals going on at Toys R Us:

1. If you are a Rewards R Us member then you can get 3 Superchargers figures or vehicles for 25 bucks. If you just want one then they are 11 apiece.

2. Here is an even better deal. If you are looking to stock up on some older figures, they have them for buy one get 2 free. This even works for the Giants 3 packs and Spyro Adventure figure and level packs. The 3 packs are 9.99 apiece. So, you can get 3 different 3 packs for 9.99 plus tax. A really nice deal to stock up on older figures. These also apply to buy 1 get 2 free for Swap Force figures. Go stock up!!!
Old 01-09-16, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Target's Cartwheel app/website has 50% off coupon for a driver (making them $6.50), and a vehicle (making them $7.50). They also have a 50% off coupon on starter sets, but all coupons expire today.

Toys R Us did have Birthday Bash Big Bubble Pop Fizz in stock at the store. He is evidently a limited offering right now at TRU, and will be everywhere later in the month.
Old 01-09-16, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 611 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
A couple of deals going on at Toys R Us:

1. If you are a Rewards R Us member then you can get 3 Superchargers figures or vehicles for 25 bucks. If you just want one then they are 11 apiece.

2. Here is an even better deal. If you are looking to stock up on some older figures, they have them for buy one get 2 free. This even works for the Giants 3 packs and Spyro Adventure figure and level packs. The 3 packs are 9.99 apiece. So, you can get 3 different 3 packs for 9.99 plus tax. A really nice deal to stock up on older figures. These also apply to buy 1 get 2 free for Swap Force figures. Go stock up!!!
Thanks for the heads-up! I just scored 3 3-packs, 3 singles, and 3 lightcore figures for Giants paying ~$24 shipped! These are all reposed figures I said I'd not purchase unless the price was very good. This was good enough!

It somewhat makes up for them refusing to price adjust a order I placed BF Weekend on Cyber Monday stating they didn't do that for purchases made Wednesday-Sunday. I even argued that I could just place the order again, return the first by refusing it when it arrived, which would cost them *more* money than just doing the adjustment, but they still refused. I should have gone through with my threat but I wasn't in the mood to deal with it further and it was only ~$8 price difference. It was more the principal of the thing as it'd have been simple to do if we had a TRU in town.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 01-09-16 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-29-16, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My TRU order arrived - in 4 different packages with only *one* issue. They sent a "plain" Shroom Boom instead of a metallic one. A quick chat with CS got that fixed and the replacement arrived without further issue. Overall, this was a great deal and I scored most of the Giants reposes I'd not purchased during the original release (I saw absolutely no reason to own them - got 'em now because they were *cheap*). Only 3 or 4 to have all the figures released for that one so it's another waiting game for low prices on those few somewhere.
Old 01-29-16, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm glad you got some of the older ones at a great price.
Old 01-29-16, 03:49 PM
wlj

Gamestop is doing the buy 2 preowned get 3 preowned sale -- online and in store.

I just got superchargers for cheap on ebay and it arrives today. i am pretty excited!
Old 01-29-16, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For those of you like me who have only a Wii for console gaming and refused to purchase a crippled version of Superchargers until a really low price hit, *now* may be the time. Amazon currently has the Wii version for just over $25 ($25.04 w/Prime shipping at the time of this post). It looks like they are in one of those "price war" type things with a MP vendor who automatically lowers their price so Amazon "matches" it.

They also have the Playstation 4 *Dark* edition for $39.15 (at the time of this post).

*AND* the WiiU *Dark* edition w/Stealth Elf for $40.81 (again, at the time of this post).

I actually purchased the Wii and WiiU "Dark" edition. I almost went for the PS4 Dark but having the Donkey Kong Amiibo and car won me over... for now. I'm still leaning toward the PS4 one so that I'll have 1 of each vehicle type for less than purchasing the individual vehicles/characters. BUT I can pick up a "water" type for ~$10 right now so...

No, I do not own those other platforms. I made those purchases solely for the characters as it's the same price, or less, than the individual purchases and they're the "dark" versions - a bonus.
Old 01-30-16, 05:49 AM
wlj

I have heard that the stripped down racing version on Wii is actually pretty fun but I certainly wouldn't buy it unless it was cheap
Old 01-30-16, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Today is the last day for the 50% off Target Cartwheel discount on Superchargers single vehicles and characters. It is also limited to select ones, so either scan the item with your phone in the Cartwheel app or have someone check it for you to make sure it works. I picked up the Nitro Stealth Stinger from Target the other day since it does work with the Cartwheel discount this time unlike the one from a couple of weeks ago when it did not.

While in TRU the other day I spotted the latest wave(reg & Legendary Bone Bash Roller Brawl, Tomb Buggy, etc).
Old 01-30-16, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wlj
I have heard that the stripped down racing version on Wii is actually pretty fun but I certainly wouldn't buy it unless it was cheap
That's me. We don't own Mario Kart, or any other driving game, this *might* be a OK purchase (not really fond of them but my grandson is so it'll give us something else to play together). It's down to $24 so I cancelled and repurchased with the "slow boat" shipping (which wasn't available at the slightly higher price) for a $1 digital media credit. Considering my grandson really wants those Amiibo figures for his DS it'll be a good purchase even if the game stinks.
Old 01-30-16, 07:44 PM
wlj

My son and I Unboxing
Old 02-04-16, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

FWIW the "Eon's Elite" lines/figures no longer seem to be Gamestop/TRU exclusives. All are available at Amazon with Eruptor and Gill Grunt currently selling for $6.19/$5.59 respectively. The others haven't been marked down this far... yet... I expect that first group to get similar markdowns considering they're all going for $9.99/each at Gamestop.
Old 02-05-16, 08:23 AM
wlj

My thoughts on the next Skylanders. Take a look when you have time and post your opinions on what they should do. Thanks

Old 02-07-16, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Skylanders Eggcited Thrillipede is available now on Amazon for 12.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...ilpage_o00_s00
Old 02-08-16, 07:53 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Skylanders Eggcited Thrillipede is available now on Amazon for 12.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...ilpage_o00_s00

ha! that is a cool figure
Old 02-08-16, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, very cool looking.

My grandson has been waiting for the Spring Ahead Dive Bomber which is also now available from Amazon. I must admit it's much cooler looking than the "regular" one.

Image in spoiler.
Spoiler:

Old 02-08-16, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

After picking up the Wii Superchargers version for around $24 from Amazon recently, I thought I was done with this series now that I have the Bowser char/vehicle. Getting the Wii version could also be seen as a bonus since we are all big Mario Kart fans. But these new seasonal releases are very tempting. That would lead me to buying 2 more char/vehicles so I would have the supercharge combo for each, meaning 4 more total being bought.

Best Buy is supposed to have another B2G1F promo on Superchargers next week. If in the off chance my local store happens to carry these 2 seasonal releases(can't find a listing online for them to check), I might would bite. Or even possibly finding them at Target and hope they work with their 50% off Cartwheel, which is highly unlikely, I would go that route. Otherwise I may end up skipping these 2 releases.
Old 02-08-16, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
After picking up the Wii Superchargers version for around $24 from Amazon recently, I thought I was done with this series now that I have the Bowser char/vehicle. Getting the Wii version could also be seen as a bonus since we are all big Mario Kart fans. But these new seasonal releases are very tempting. That would lead me to buying 2 more char/vehicles so I would have the supercharge combo for each, meaning 4 more total being bought.
I picked one of those $24 copies myself. I also went for a ~$37 copy of the WiiU Dark Edition + Stealth Elf to get the figures. That gives me 1 flying and 2 land vehicles with their respective drivers. I then ordered the Splatter Splasher boat (on sale-$10) so we'd have at least 1 of each vehicle type. If the Wii actually does split screen racing with each participant able to use a different vehicle I may pick up that Spring Ahead Dive bomber or the Nitro Soda Skimmer (it looks pretty cool too) and then one version of Stealth Elf's Stealth Stinger (since I already have the driver) to have 2 of each vehicle type. Of course that also means I'd "need" to purchase Pop Fizz or Dive Clops (depending on which vehicle I decide on) and Splat so each vehicle would have its "signature" driver. At that point I can safely say I'm *done* with Superchargers as I just can't see the need for more characters without the dungeon crawl part of the game.

Here's a image of the Nitro Soda Skimmer:
Spoiler:

Old 02-08-16, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I spotted the Nitro Soda Skimmer recently as I scanned it to see if it worked with the 50% off Cartwheel recently(it did not).
Old 02-09-16, 07:33 AM
wlj

I am not very far into Superchargers...maybe chapter 9...the vehicle parts have already grown stale. I dread when i have to do one.

The controls for the flying sections feel fine, but the land and sea vehicles doesn't feel right. I find myself turning the wrong way when my vehicle is horizontal or coming toward me.
Old 02-09-16, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wlj
I am not very far into Superchargers...maybe chapter 9...the vehicle parts have already grown stale. I dread when i have to do one.

The controls for the flying sections feel fine, but the land and sea vehicles doesn't feel right. I find myself turning the wrong way when my vehicle is horizontal or coming toward me.
Every time I've played with my grandson the vehicle sections took me out of the game. I don't like them at all. The controls are "OK" (other than not being able to configure the controls to work like a true airplane stick - pushing *down* on the stick causes the vehicle to dive - pulling back causes the vehicle to climb) but they feel somewhat tacked on just for the mechanics of a new figure. Not being able to alter that simple function is the epitome of poor programming. The levels are quite fun with some different layouts and methods needed to get through them (those Eisheresque ones are especially fun) but they feel short simply because just as you get going you're brought to a dead stop for a stupid vehicle run.

I'm pretty much the same way with the "vehicle" levels in all the Lego games - I hate 'em, get 'em over as soon as possible, and don't revisit them unless I absolutely "need" some item/bonus in the level.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 02-09-16 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-12-16, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got my very first chase variant and I am pumped. I'll post a pic soon.
Old 02-12-16, 10:08 PM
wlj

Picked up spyro's adventure for $2.99 used at GameStop. This game is a blast. A lot more fun than superchargers, not quite as good as swap force but very fun. I only have 5 spyro's adventure figs to use but that's a plenty.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.