Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Grand Theft Auto 5 to a V

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-13, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 to a V

What did you think of the mission "By The Book"? It's getting a lot of controversy. My opinion
Spoiler:
I felt uncomfortable with the excessive torture. I'm not sure what Rockstar was trying to say with the subject of "enhanced interrogation" was it meant to be something we should laugh at or something serious and for us to think about the horrible acts our government has done? They didn't seem to get their message across very well.
Old 09-22-13, 12:57 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
What did you think of the mission "By The Book"? It's getting a lot of controversy. My opinion
Spoiler:
I felt uncomfortable with the excessive torture. I'm not sure what Rockstar was trying to say with the subject of "enhanced interrogation" was it meant to be something we should laugh at or something serious and for us to think about the horrible acts our government has done? They didn't seem to get their message across very well.
Spoiler:
I did not like it at all. I understand, I think, what they were going for, but because the character doing the torture was so into it, I felt wrong. You had no choice, and were forced to do it. I am not the kind of person that usually is upset by this sort of thing, but they went to far...
Old 09-22-13, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I think the entire thing was so muddled that whatever they were trying to say got lost. Trevor has his speech about how torture doesn't work except to get off the torturer, but then that line is delivered by a psycho.

And while some of the dialog is anti-torture, the gameplay and plotting of the mission is pro-torture. Characters say the victim would have talked, but AFAIK the player is forced to use torture to get the info and pass the mission.
Old 09-22-13, 05:01 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

God, Trevor really grinds the game to a fucking halt.
Old 09-22-13, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Supermallet
You crazy, Trevor is fucking awesome.
Old 09-22-13, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Couldn't agree more.
Old 09-22-13, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by wmansir
Spoiler:

I think the entire thing was so muddled that whatever they were trying to say got lost. Trevor has his speech about how torture doesn't work except to get off the torturer, but then that line is delivered by a psycho.

And while some of the dialog is anti-torture, the gameplay and plotting of the mission is pro-torture. Characters say the victim would have talked, but AFAIK the player is forced to use torture to get the info and pass the mission.
Spoiler:
He saying to the victim that he should be an advocate against torture and say that torture doesn't work, so that people don't think he gave up whatever the fuck his name was that was killed. Trevor was definitely into the torturing, which I think Rockstar did to make the player feel uncomfortable. I didn't have an issue with it, sure it made me a bit uncomfortable, but no more than a movie that has a torture scene in it.
Old 09-22-13, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if there's a way to get rid of cars that in your garage? I somehow ended up with 2 of that Charger looking vehicle that Franklin drives and they're both stuck in the garage side by side and I can't get into either one of them.
Old 09-22-13, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I picked up some businessman and he wanted to get to the Airport fast. I drop him off and he says "Here's your tip; Invest in Tinkle now!" So i rush to sell all stocks, go to bawsaq and i get this message "Down for Maintenance" Fuck you Rockstar for making me lose my stock tip! I hope they fix this shit soon.

BTW this was when i was driving a Taxi. I'm guessing it was some random event I hope repeats.
Old 09-22-13, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Whenever I start investing I'm going to always have a backup save in case the tip or investment goes wrong and I lose my ass.
Old 09-22-13, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I picked up some businessman and he wanted to get to the Airport fast. I drop him off and he says "Here's your tip; Invest in Tinkle now!" So i rush to sell all stocks, go to bawsaq and i get this message "Down for Maintenance" Fuck you Rockstar for making me lose my stock tip! I hope they fix this shit soon.

BTW this was when i was driving a Taxi. I'm guessing it was some random event I hope repeats.
I was just driving some regular car and picked up the same guy. I rushed off to get the stock too and it was the same message. I was just coming here to ask if the "down for maintenance" was in game or because of the online stuff that hasn't been working right since day 1. I tried for maybe 15 minutes to get it but it was never out of maintenance.
Old 09-22-13, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jam Master Jay
Does anyone know if there's a way to get rid of cars that in your garage? I somehow ended up with 2 of that Charger looking vehicle that Franklin drives and they're both stuck in the garage side by side and I can't get into either one of them.
Blow them up?
Old 09-22-13, 01:14 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I like Trevor as a character, but his voice seems...off...to me.

Also, I'm sick of doing flying missions and having to start over from the top because I fuck up the landing.
Old 09-22-13, 02:38 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by Groucho
Also, I'm sick of doing flying missions and having to start over from the top because I fuck up the landing.
I did the mission where Trevor steals the planes from the bikers 10 times because I kept flubbing the landing. And then when I finally said fuck it and clicked to skip the mission, it stuck me on a perpetual loading screen and I had to quit the game and restart it again. The one time I did land the plane correctly, I couldn't figure out how to turn the damn plane to taxi it into the hangar, and it hit a tower and I still failed the mission.

Shit like that drives me crazy. It turns the game from being fun into a chore.

And I finally got my custom car. Only took them a week.
Old 09-22-13, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At this point I'm really wondering how the GTA Online kickoff is going to go since stocks and photos still aren't working the way they should 5 days after launch.
Old 09-22-13, 06:25 PM

Has anyone figured out a way to actually keep cars other than the one you get at the start besides making 100% sure to return them to a garage every single time?
Old 09-22-13, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

The one thing that bugs me about the mission ranking is when they make one of the requirements a time element when their no reason for a particular mission to be timed. I can understand the ones where time is an element and organic to the mission but most of the time forcing the player to hurry up AND not damage a vehicle. It just makes these missions very tedious and unnecessary when trying to get a gold.
Old 09-22-13, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I love this game. I took a week off of work to play it and I don't regret it one bit. There are some frustrating missions but at least checkpoints have been incorporated into the game now which makes replaying them a lot easier to do. Just like anything else, you need a little practice to reach gold status for completing missions. The hardest thing to master, for me ,is shooting guns out of a moving vehicle. Whether it's shooting from a car, boat, or helicopter, to shoot accurately is practically impossible unless you guys have some tips you're willing to share.
Old 09-22-13, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got chastised for taking one day off work even though it was a vacation day! My co-worker asked "What's wrong with you?"
Old 09-22-13, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Jam Master Jay
I have the opposite problem. I had a sweet Banshee in my garage, and after I switched characters and then came back it was gone
Old 09-22-13, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by JTH182
I had a sweet Banshee in my garage, and after I switched characters and then came back it was gone
Was it modded by chance? This really stings when it survives your first save or 2 so you then take it to the mod shop and load it up and park it again and then when you go to get it later it's gone along with all the money you blew on it.
Old 09-23-13, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Just finished the story. Not a bad ending, though it could have been a little better.

What I really liked was:

Spoiler:
After the credits, you get to look at a note written by Michael's shrink, where he evaluates you, I'm assuming based on how you played the game. Mine was, sadly, pretty accurate (other than being sexually confused, not sure how the game came to that conclusion).
Old 09-23-13, 01:36 AM
Banned by request

Fucking hell, Trevor is so obnoxious that if his standalone segment isn't over soon, I'm going to sell this game.
Old 09-23-13, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Kifflom bitches!

Man, that Epsilon side mission is tedious as hell. Well, one part of it is tedious. It does pay off really well at the end. And you get a trophy!
Old 09-23-13, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't started Trevor yet

But I already completed the 3 triathlons! The last one is a bitch, almost 30 minutes to complete!!! By the middle of it I got full stamina (all the bars).

Too bad that they don't give a you a trophy for that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.