Grand Theft Auto 5 to a V

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Grand Theft Auto 5 to a V

Old 09-20-13, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 to a V

Originally Posted by Barth
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
ftfy
Old 09-21-13, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Well I just got the Three Man Army trophy.

You have to get all 3 characters together outside of a mission, which isn't as easy as it seems. They don't all want to hang out at the same time!

Then you have to survive on a 3-star wanted level for 3 minutes. That was fun, I let them chase us down the beach, then headed to the LS River, then back to the streets, when the damn thing finally popped. Found a hiding spot, got the heat off of us, then went and got drunk.

Good times.

Funny thing right before that. When I switched to Trevor, he was in the back room of the strip club. I beat up the guards back there and actually made my way on stage. No way to dance on the pole though. I could whip out my weapons, but there were no strippers around, just dudes.
Old 09-21-13, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mhg83
One problem just came up. I went to purchase property and when i reached the place it said only Franklin can buy that property. There's no indication which property a character can buy. I don't understand how they couldn't just color mark them like they do with Strangers and freaks!
It's subtle, but the property you can't buy the $ icon will be shaded grey instead of white.
Old 09-21-13, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Old 09-21-13, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

I am on 10% in after just over 8 hours of game play. I am loving the ability to change between characters especially during the jewel heist job. Really nice addition to the series. It is also often interesting to just change to see what situation the other character is in.

The funniest line I have heard so far and I keep saying it in real life is when Franklin calls for the blimp: "Blimp. I needa' blimp!"
Old 09-21-13, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mhg83
On the radio they had breaking news "a cold case getting warmer". Is there some kind of mission start point for this? I know it has to do with collecting pieces of a letter.
Yes, it's a side mission to discover the mystery over who killed a woman named Lenora Johnson, I believe.
Old 09-21-13, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So I might have missed something:

Spoiler:
After the jewel heist when Franklin visits Micheal some guy walks in and starts complaining and turns on the tv that Trevor sees.
1) Who was that guy?
2) What did Trevor see on the tv that made me think Micheal was still alive?
3) Also saw a walkthrough online where Trevor in the cut scene has a beard and looks all Charlie Manson. But in my version he looks different. Whats up with that?

Last edited by ViewAskewbian; 09-21-13 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-21-13, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 391 Likes on 294 Posts

Spoiler:
Trevor hears the guard say what Michael told him about forgetting a thousand things every day and remembers Michael said movie quotes all the time. I think. As for Trevor's look, just hit the barber and tattoo parlor.
Old 09-21-13, 12:58 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anywhere to get health and food, besides safe houses and the one lone carry out I found so far? Can't find any fast food places, and none of the hot dog stands work.
Old 09-21-13, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Okay, seriously? None of you assholes know hot to turn off the in-game notifications about the fucking iFruit app? Again, why do they assume everyone has an iPhone? Don't more people own Android phones these days anyways? I guess I'm just bothered by what's essentially in-game advertising, and that no one else seems to be bothered by it. Imagine getting a pop-up during any other game about downloading shit to your device, and not being able to turn it off. How is this any different?
Old 09-21-13, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've been seeing photos of a zombie on Alta St. -- I've yet to be able to find it ... anyone find where he is?
Old 09-21-13, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow... because the camera is connected to the Social Lounge, I failed a mission because I couldn't take a fucking picture....
Old 09-21-13, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 391 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Okay, seriously? None of you assholes know hot to turn off the in-game notifications about the fucking iFruit app? Again, why do they assume everyone has an iPhone? Don't more people own Android phones these days anyways? I guess I'm just bothered by what's essentially in-game advertising, and that no one else seems to be bothered by it. Imagine getting a pop-up during any other game about downloading shit to your device, and not being able to turn it off. How is this any different?
Doesn't bother me.
Old 09-21-13, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I only got the messages the first day
Old 09-21-13, 03:25 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Music
Wow... because the camera is connected to the Social Lounge, I failed a mission because I couldn't take a fucking picture....
I wondered about this, when the game started I was messing around and took a pic with the phone and it wouldnt save because I dont have the online crap. So does that mean you are stuck at that part of the game?
Old 09-21-13, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It eventually connected so I could take the picture, not sure if it gave me the option to cancel the mission like the other ones do.
Old 09-21-13, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Music
I only got the messages the first day
Same for me. I haven't downloaded any apps to my iDevice and I also haven't seen those notifications since the first day of playing.
Old 09-21-13, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
So I might have missed something:

Spoiler:
After the jewel heist when Franklin visits Micheal some guy walks in and starts complaining and turns on the tv that Trevor sees.
1) Who was that guy?
2) What did Trevor see on the tv that made me think Micheal was still alive?
3) Also saw a walkthrough online where Trevor in the cut scene has a beard and looks all Charlie Manson. But in my version he looks different. Whats up with that?
Spoiler:

1) The guy is Micheal's FIB contact. He made his career by "killing" Micheal 10 years earlier.
Old 09-21-13, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Who else accidentally fires off their guns when trying to change the radio station while driving a car? I had the stripper named Infernus with Trevor and was taking her home for a bang. I accidentally popped off a few rounds and she jumped out of the car. I had already taken her home with Franklin.
Old 09-21-13, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

The more i am playing this game the more i am liking it. Not a fan of the rampages, a coupke of the missions and flying is still horrible. But its still a solid game.
Old 09-21-13, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Who else accidentally fires off their guns when trying to change the radio station while driving a car? I had the stripper named Infernus with Trevor and was taking her home for a bang. I accidentally popped off a few rounds and she jumped out of the car. I had already taken her home with Franklin.
I do that all the time!
Old 09-21-13, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In dealing with stocks; I bought a shitload of shares from redwood after an assassination mission. Stock went back up and I made a great return. So when stock dropped again i bought a bunch more hoping for the same result. It went up again but i wasn't paying attention and it dropped again pretty quick. So my question is am i fucked? If the stock rises again will my shares still reflect that?
Old 09-21-13, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
The more i am playing this game the more i am liking it. Not a fan of the rampages, a coupke of the missions and flying is still horrible. But its still a solid game.
No doubt. I hate the flying. It still hasn't improved over the years. I hope there aren't too many forced flying missions. I've ran in to one and that was enough for me.
Old 09-21-13, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not me, I dive out of the car/airplane while they are still moving instead, usually with terrible results
Old 09-22-13, 12:14 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I do this all the time..(as well as Infernus)...what game uses the LB button to change the radio station? It has to be another open world game..

So I finished the main story. 30 hours. I have a bunch of side missions to do, but not sure how many I will do of them if most of them are just bounty/tow missions (anyone do enough stranger missions know if they unlock longer more complex missions later?)

Amazing game when you stick with the main story, but as I said earlier VERY frustrating as well. The highs are as good as anything ever made...and the lows as frustrating as anything I have ever played. Bioshock is still my favorite game this year, but I have to admit that once I just focused on the main missions this game moved up my list. The last few missions were amazing, and I LOVED the ending.

very minor spoiler about ending..nothing major given away just a general feeling about what happens

Spoiler:
You are given a choice..of three endings and it was nice actually feeling like your choice played out how you wanted it to...unlike say Mass Effect 3

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.